Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
weatherboy

What would you do?

I saw a TV show last night where they took this man dressed like a old homeless man and put him on the corner of the street . They then had three teenage boys [ Actors also] to start beating the old man just to see how many people passing would stop to help the old man. One of the teens had a baseball bat hitting the old man[The bat was plastic] and the other two had plastic bags hitting the old man on the head while he was down. Folks I was happy to see so many people coming to his aid. A few just walked on by acting like they were calling the police on their cell phone. Most of the people that really got mad with the boys and was ready to fight with the boys were the elderly and the ladies. Some even stopped their cars in the street and got out for the old man. Now my question to you is what would you do in the same situation . Would you stop and take a chance of getting beat yourself or would you say I am calling the Police and drive on like one lady did. Maybe just look the other way and act like you never saw it. They also did the same with Handicapped parking. They took two girls in a car and parked them in the Handicapped parking sitting on the car with tennis rackets laughing and hollowing while a lady in a wheel chair was waiting to get into the parking space.Folks it made me proud to see how many people still stand up for what is right. What would you do? Thanks.tongue.gif

I would have stopped without thinking twice.

And i have said something to a non-handicap in a handi-cap space before. I learned on pcom that some people in handicap may have a mental disability and it may not be physical. But in my opinion, if you don't have the handicap thing hanging or a sticker, then you shouldn't be there.

I would have stopped without thinking twice.

And i have said something to a non-handicap in a handi-cap space before. I learned on pcom that some people in handicap may have a mental disability and it may not be physical. But in my opinion, if you don't have the handicap thing hanging or a sticker, then you shouldn't be there.

Like you I would have to stop even if I lost the fight. Couldn't live with myself if I didn't. Just can't stand the bully type.mad.gif mad.gif

I would have prolly snuck the biggest one/or the one with the bat, and went from there.

Whoa Willie we must think alike .Get the bat first before it gets you.good.gif good.gif good.gif If you get the the one that thinks that he is so bad first the others feet just won't stay.laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

In the case of the beating... Since I don't carry around a bat and could possibly get hurt very badly... I'd stop my car and call 911. If I was walking down the road- I would let them be aware of my calling but get into a public place for my safety.

Handicap... My hubby has a plate and I certainly do not take advantage of it. If someone is in their car and it doesn't have a plate or lanyard (thingy hanging on the mirror), I will say something to them. If had had been able to be a part of the filming of the teenage girls- they wouldn't have been able to air me. Too many curse words would have bad me totally bleeped. :angry2:

In the case of the beating... Since I don't carry around a bat and could possibly get hurt very badly... I'd stop my car and call 911. If I was walking down the road- I would let them be aware of my calling but get into a public place for my safety.

Handicap... My hubby has a plate and I certainly do not take advantage of it. If someone is in their car and it doesn't have a plate or lanyard (thingy hanging on the mirror), I will say something to them. If had had been able to be a part of the filming of the teenage girls- they wouldn't have been able to air me. Too many curse words would have bad me totally bleeped. angry.gif

I like the way that you think and I think that you are right about thinking about your own safety. I know that you getting hurt would not help the old man. But I think that the people that just stopped and ran over was thinking that they couldn't wait for the police . Because the man would have been beaten to death before the police arrived. So I guess we never really know what we would do until we have to make that split decision. About the Handicap parking and the teens it was all of the ladies that was really telling the girls off. The men just walked on by and didn't even notice. Forgive me men but it was true.tongue.gif

When we lived in another state, a grocery store we shopped at had parking spaces that were right up against the store (you took 5 steps out of the car and you were in the store) most of which were handicapped. We saw this teenager pull up into one the handicapped spaces as we were walking out and and said something to him about parking there. He said I'll just be a minute. As soon as he was inside and we were pulling out the parking lot, we saw a cop and waved him down and told him about the kid. We saw the police officer writing up a ticket right as the kid came out of the store... I think the fine was $150 in that city..

I saw a TV show last night where they took this man dressed like a old homeless man and put him on the corner of the street . They then had three teenage boys [ Actors also] to start beating the old man just to see how many people passing would stop to help the old man. One of the teens had a baseball bat hitting the old man[The bat was plastic] and the other two had plastic bags hitting the old man on the head while he was down. Folks I was happy to see so many people coming to his aid. A few just walked on by acting like they were calling the police on their cell phone. Most of the people that really got mad with the boys and was ready to fight with the boys were the elderly and the ladies. Some even stopped their cars in the street and got out for the old man. Now my question to you is what would you do in the same situation . Would you stop and take a chance of getting beat yourself or would you say I am calling the Police and drive on like one lady did. Maybe just look the other way and act like you never saw it. They also did the same with Handicapped parking. They took two girls in a car and parked them in the Handicapped parking sitting on the car with tennis rackets laughing and hollowing while a lady in a wheel chair was waiting to get into the parking space.Folks it made me proud to see how many people still stand up for what is right. What would you do? Thanks.tongue.gif

I would have stopped and gave them an ass kicking....I wouldn't care if they were minors.

Did you see the one last week where the injured man (actor) was lying on the sidewalk and the homeless woman walking with the cane came up on him. She kept asking passersby to please call and get him help, but they just kept on passing by. She stayed right with him until she finally got someone to call 911. You could tell she was heartbroken by no one stopping. They also showed another one where a well dressed woman fell and she got help immediately, and a homeless man fell and it was a while before anyone stopped.

Thats why I carry a gun. I'm too old to fight and too slow to run!!

Did you see the one last week where the injured man (actor) was lying on the sidewalk and the homeless woman walking with the cane came up on him. She kept asking passersby to please call and get him help, but they just kept on passing by. She stayed right with him until she finally got someone to call 911. You could tell she was heartbroken by no one stopping. They also showed another one where a well dressed woman fell and she got help immediately, and a homeless man fell and it was a while before anyone stopped.

I saw it, made me feel ashamed to be human. It broke my heart. I wanted to hug the homeless lady for being such a kind soul. Just goes to show that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. That woman who had nothing (material wise)had more goodness in her that most. I can't imagine seeing someone laying on the sidewalk & not stopping to help. I can only hope that the people who just walked by saw this episode and feel a great amount of shame. As they should.

I saw it, made me feel ashamed to be human. It broke my heart. I wanted to hug the homeless lady for being such a kind soul. Just goes to show that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. That woman who had nothing (material wise)had more goodness in her that most. I can't imagine seeing someone laying on the sidewalk & not stopping to help. I can only hope that the people who just walked by saw this episode and feel a great amount of shame. As they should.

You are right never judge a person by the way they look. My nephew told me one time that he was sitting in a restaurant eating and a guy that had real long hair and was dirty and had tattoos all over walked in and sat down to eat. He said all of the people in the restaurant was looking at him and looked like they were talking about him. But he said I noticed one thing about him that made him different than all of the other people in the restaurant. He bowed his head and gave God thanks for his food before he ate. Said no one else including himself had done that. So you never know what is in a persons heart by the way they look on the outside.

Don't know if my hormones would be unstable enough that I would physically jump in. I did jump onto the hood of a moving car once--kids were racing down our street and almost ran over my daughter--but that was almost twenty years ago. I do know that I would pull my cell out and let them know they were being videotaped--especially if someone else was calling 911.

Don't know if my hormones would be unstable enough that I would physically jump in. I did jump onto the hood of a moving car once--kids were racing down our street and almost ran over my daughter--but that was almost twenty years ago. I do know that I would pull my cell out and let them know they were being videotaped--especially if someone else was calling 911.

Never thought about the videotape that would be good . If they left before the police got there you would at least have their picture.

Thats why I carry a gun. I'm too old to fight and too slow to run!!

+1

I would confront them and verbally give them orders to leave the man alone.

If they were to come after me, at that point, they are armed with weapons... and so am I.

Mine is not a baseball bat nor a sack...

As a citizen, you have a DUTY to aid and assist another person in distress.

+1

I would confront them and verbally give them orders to leave the man alone.

If they were to come after me, at that point, they are armed with weapons... and so am I.

Mine is not a baseball bat nor a sack...

As a citizen, you have a DUTY to aid and assist another person in distress.

I agree 100% if they are old enough to beat an old man they are old enough to take the punishment. Like the saying goes I had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. good.gif good.gif good.gif