Paulding.com

WILL TODD POWNALL WALK THE WALK?

You're so predictable. Not wasting my time with your on-going paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy theories. You're boring the heck out of all of us. Come up with something new and accurate for a change. David and Todd messed up and need to apologize to the county and its employees.

Oh please, Beverly needs to apologize to the taxpayers for her $49,900 check she took from their pockets and the slanderous "brown bag" mailer she put out with untrue information. No apology needed by David or Todd and county employees, they already can't stand Beverly. She has talked down to them for years, ask some and you will find out quickly David was getting high fives all over the Courthouse when she was gone.

• Like 2
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NG, For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months wit

Todd knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk. He tells it straight, doesn't beat around the bush. Very upstanding and honest, has more integrity than most. I'm just not sure how he fits in to

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened

Oh please, Beverly needs to apologize to the taxpayers for her $49,900 check she took from their pockets and the slanderous "brown bag" mailer she put out with untrue information. No apology needed by David or Todd and county employees, they already can't stand Beverly. She has talked down to them for years, ask some and you will find out quickly David was getting high fives all over the Courthouse when she was gone.

You would have walked away and allowed them to ignore a written contract?

David's statement speaks for itself and I've received feedback from many of David's "supporters" who said it was a mistake.

www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/

The comments are also quite interesting.

Even the ones commenting here?

You would have walked away and allowed them to ignore a written contract?

I personally wouldn't want to work where people didn't want me. If I loved my county as much as she claims to I wouldn't have hired a lawyer and taken $49,900 from the taxpayers. Drew Lane obviously chose not to keep her either. Can we say a pattern?

David's statement speaks for itself and I've received feedback from many of David's "supporters" who said it was a mistake.

Oh really like who? I would bet you and David's supporters are probably not chatting it up, not the same crowd. Do you mean you spoke only with Jason? That is more like it. Why can't you stand David having an opinion, just seems like you are pretty worried about what he says and does and who might listen to him. Ironic.

Oh really like who? I would bet you and David's supporters are probably not chatting it up, not the same crowd. Do you mean you spoke only with Jason? That is more like it. Why can't you stand David having an opinion, just seems like you are pretty worried about what he says and does and who might listen to him. Ironic.

You are so out of touch. Good luck with your continued defense of www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/"]Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck.

Edited by Boss Hogg

I personally wouldn't want to work where people didn't want me. If I loved my county as much as she claims to I wouldn't have hired a lawyer and taken $49,900 from the taxpayers. Drew Lane obviously chose not to keep her either. Can we say a pattern?

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

You are so out of touch. Good luck with your continued defense of www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/"]Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck.

And you are so anti government this and anti government that but wait when someone talks about one of your candidates you can't take the heat. I am really not surprised by your pathetic attempts, you are running scared. Todd will win because he is in this race for the right reasons and he has no baggage to bring to the job. David would like to have a post commissioner who will not be focused on getting revenge on a daily basis. You and I will never agree on this issue.

Edited by Boss Hogg

How soon we forget!

Jerry Shearin openly endorsed and worked to elect and re-elect Hal Echols, Wayne Kirby, and Jeff Miller when he ran against Don Powell in 2006 and 2002.

Shearin and his cartel rubber stamped every PRD their local band of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS brought before the BOC. Go back and check the votes and you will notice the only ones not approved were rezonings proposed by the outsiders while doing little to nothing to encourage industrial development, completing the Richland Creek reservoir or much of anything else other than their airport.

Do you really want anyone connected with that crowd on the BOC?

I sure don't, and I am hoping the 73% of the voters who sent Shearin packing 2 years ago will be out there voting for Pownall and Barnett.

So, if it's good enough for Jerry, then it's good enough for David. Because this county wants the new group to have the same power the old group had. rolleyes.gif

So, if it's good enough for Jerry, then it's good enough for David. Because this county wants the new group to have the same power the old group had. rolleyes.gif

Not me :nea: :nea: :nea: I want no "group". I want fair and honest representatives, doing what's good for the county - not themselves. We all have seen what giving power to one "group" does. Look at Paulding, look at the White House and Capitol Hill..........I've learned my lesson. No more good ole buddy systems for me.

But I am relieved I don't have to vote in post 2............ B)

And you are so anti government this and anti government that but wait when someone talks about one of your candidates you can't take the heat. I am really not surprised by your pathetic attempts, you are running scared. Todd will win because he is in this race for the right reasons and he has no baggage to bring to the job. David would like to have a post commissioner who will not be focused on getting revenge on a daily basis. You and I will never agree on this issue.

David would like to have a post commissioner he can control.

David would like to have a post commissioner he can control.

Talk about paranoid schizophrenia........

When there are individuals like Tommie Graham and Todd Pownall on a BOC, Mr. Austin is not going to "control" them. These guys are all very well spoken and not afraid to ruffle feathers. Unlike the spineless commissioners Jerry was able to influence, these guys are not "yes" men.

But then again you know this, you are just slinging sh*t hoping some of it sticks.

Tom,

You and Ithey and the rest of your ilk are really getting desperate.

Shearin and company, including Beverly Cochran and Pat Crook left us with a mess.

Are you familiar with the facts concerning the current position our Richland Creek Reservoir are in BECAUSE no on in the BOC office bother to respond to Corps of Engineer correspondence asking for details and information during the last 5 months of King Jerry's reign? No one at the BOC top levels bother to reply to the correspondcence from the Corp and as a result our Reservoir project went from the top of the expedited fast track list to no-man's-land. The Corp assumed the project was being dropped since our administration under Shearin and Cochran/Crook chose to not respond to their requests/

And now you question Pownall and Austin for where they want to take the county ?

They want to take us to economic development instead of just houses while the old group tries to get their greedy paws back on the purse strings to help the RBMDs. And you want to help them in their quest ?

The Dark Force is on the way out. We need to move Paulding into some better economic times and supporting Beverely and Shearin and Company will put us back into the dark ages instead of moving us forward.

Regan Republican AKA as the author of Jumping the Shark Article, And, a cohort Of the writer on the other web site who has been issuing press releases, Articles, Etc, (Praise Thee) In support of the Candidates of their choice who is being abetted on this web site by the likes of MEvans, Wonder WHY and others Who do you think that you are fooling with this garbage that you are spewing out Against David Austin And Todd Pownall?

Everyone on this web site already knew that Beverly Cochran and other members of her immediate family have been on the County payroll for many, many, years and some are still on the County Payroll today. And, some are trying to obtain employment on the County payroll today as I type this message.

Why would you write an article in a defunct web site Provide links to this article on this site and try to influence the voters? I am quite sure your cohort on the other web site (PRAISE THEE) is quite busy writing his own, little article and some of Beverly’s surrogates sometime today will link to that site with his commentary.

This County, It’s Citizens, And many unemployed workers are really going through some very tough times today, And some of the problems facing our County today were brought on by the previous administration, and, those associated with the previous administration and its policy of BUILD, BUILD, BUILD, TAX, TAX, TAX We all know what the previous administration and its associates have done to our county. Why do you and some of the other leaders in the Paulding County Republican Party want to cause this strife within the party during this period of time that we need our leaders to make some tough decisions, To get our county our of the doldrums caused by the previous administration?

The Paulding County Republican Party should be about working together to bring jobs to our county, the needed water resources, improved transportation, Improved Public safety etc. Not the infighting of the old guard and the new guard (shaking head in disbelief) It’s JOBS, JOBS ,JOBS folks not all this infighting

• Like 1

Not me :nea: :nea: :nea: I want no "group". I want fair and honest representatives, doing what's good for the county - not themselves. We all have seen what giving power to one "group" does. Look at Paulding, look at the White House and Capitol Hill..........I've learned my lesson. No more good ole buddy systems for me.

But I am relieved I don't have to vote in post 2............ B)

You will get fair and honest representives if David Barnett and Todd Pownall are elected

Regan Republican AKA as the author of Jumping the Shark Article, And, a cohort Of the writer on the other web site who has been issuing press releases, Articles, Etc, (Praise Thee) In support of the Candidates of their choice who is being abetted on this web site by the likes of MEvans, Wonder WHY and others Who do you think that you are fooling with this garbage that you are spewing out Against David Austin And Todd Pownall?

Everyone on this web site already knew that Beverly Cochran and other members of her immediate family have been on the County payroll for many, many, years and some are still on the County Payroll today. And, some are trying to obtain employment on the County payroll today as I type this message.

Why would you write an article in a defunct web site Provide links to this article on this site and try to influence the voters? I am quite sure your cohort on the other web site (PRAISE THEE) is quite busy writing his own, little article and some of Beverly?s surrogates sometime today will link to that site with his commentary.

This County, It?s Citizens, And many unemployed workers are really going through some very tough times today, And some of the problems facing our County today were brought on by the previous administration, and, those associated with the previous administration and its policy of BUILD, BUILD, BUILD, TAX, TAX, TAX We all know what the previous administration and its associates have done to our county. Why do you and some of the other leaders in the Paulding County Republican Party want to cause this strife within the party during this period of time that we need our leaders to make some tough decisions, To get our county our of the doldrums caused by the previous administration?

The Paulding County Republican Party should be about working together to bring jobs to our county, the needed water resources, improved transportation, Improved Public safety etc. Not the infighting of the old guard and the new guard (shaking head in disbelief) It?s JOBS, JOBS ,JOBS folks not all this infighting

Same poppycock. Do you just copy and paste your posts?

Why would you write an article in a defunct web site Provide links to this article on this site and try to influence the voters? I am quite sure your cohort on the other web site (PRAISE THEE) is quite busy writing his own, little article and some of Beverly’s surrogates sometime today will link to that site with his commentary.

This County, It’s Citizens, And many unemployed workers are really going through some very tough times today, And some of the problems facing our County today were brought on by the previous administration, and, those associated with the previous administration and its policy of BUILD, BUILD, BUILD, TAX, TAX, TAX We all know what the previous administration and its associates have done to our county. Why do you and some of the other leaders in the Paulding County Republican Party want to cause this strife within the party during this period of time that we need our leaders to make some tough decisions, To get our county our of the doldrums caused by the previous administration?

The Paulding County Republican Party should be about working together to bring jobs to our county, the needed water resources, improved transportation, Improved Public safety etc. Not the infighting of the old guard and the new guard (shaking head in disbelief) It’s JOBS, JOBS ,JOBS folks not all this infighting

WHITEY:

You are right on with this post. :clapping: :clapping:

ENOUGH SAID !!

Talk about paranoid schizophrenia........

When there are individuals like Tommie Graham and Todd Pownall on a BOC, Mr. Austin is not going to "control" them. These guys are all very well spoken and not afraid to ruffle feathers. Unlike the spineless commissioners Jerry was able to influence, these guys are not "yes" men.

But then again you know this, you are just slinging sh*t hoping some of it sticks.

Looks like your feathers are getting ruffled a bit there feelip. Those good ole boys just have different faces and they aren't fooling the voters.

Sorry Whitey, I don't have time today to argue with a Democrat about which Republican would best serve the county in Post 2.

RR

What a crock (piff) Just say it you don't have a answer 8)

Sounds like the cat/ WHITEY has got your tong? ops/ fingers?????

LMSO :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jmho buuuuuuuuuuut........... Are you to busy arguing between your own party? <snip>

Same poppycock. Do you just copy and paste your posts?

Not poppycock to me JOBS is my issue not who is infighting within the Republican party, Get real Regan Republican just cause you got a nice cozy job over 11% of the County is unemployed, Just a few months ago hundreds of teachers were laid off with benefits cuts for all and you call this poppycock and you are a leader in the Paulding County Republican Party!!!!! And supporting Beverly!!! Damn what world are you living in?

Sorry Whitey, I don't have time today to argue with a Democrat about which Republican would best serve the county in Post 2.

I believe that both Republicans and Democrats are unemployed in this County. RIGHT?

Davids ad decided my vote. I do not like the fact he was endorsing who he wants on his board. I do not want a new group of cohorts. I believe BC received more votes then TP in the election, she now has 3 more from my home.

Bella,

I think you are asking yourself and answering the same question that a lot of people are starting to wonder. Why? Why does David want Todd on the board so much- and why does Todd want on he board so badly he's willing to do it for 'free'. These people are too eager. What is the agenda that King David is afraid that someone like Beverly would "hold back the commission" on? If drawing a paycheck on the county (taxpayer) dime is so bad, then why is David doing it? So drawing a government paycheck is a bad thing? Attention all teachers. firemen, cops, judges, water employees, sewer employees, DOT employees, etc.- apparently you are all evil! It was a cheap shot, but it underlines how desperate David is to get Todd on the board. Why?

A republic form of government is centered on checks and balances. If King Jerry had the balance tipped too much one way then that was bad. If his administration is to blame for so much of the bad things in the county then was it because he had his finger on the scale, tipping it too much? David's support for Todd is just that- attempting to put his finger on the scale. I thought post commissioners were supposed to be placed in their position by the will of their people, to represent their people. When did the chairman get a say in that (and before you get started on dredging up the past Surepip, if King Jerry did that regarding a post commission race it was wrong too). Yes, politicians endorse one another across political boundaries, but they don't do it in their own back yard.

The question remains- why does King David want Todd on the board so badly that the is wiling to 'jump the shark' and pay a significant amount of money out of his on pocket to help him do it? And why does Todd want it so badly? And why does everyone seem to so easily forget that Todd was heavily involved in David's campaign? He isn't some guy of the street who 'took on the commission'. He's a 'business partner' of David- and David wants the citizens of post 2 to formalize that partnership. Why?

Edited by Hee Haw
  • Like 1

Bella,

I think you are asking yourself and answering the same question that a lot of people are starting to wonder. Why? Why does David want Todd on the board so much- and why does Todd want on he board so badly he's willing to do it for 'free'. These people are too eager. What is the agenda that King David is afraid that someone like Beverly would "hold back the commission" on? If drawing a paycheck on the county (taxpayer) dime is so bad, then why is David doing it? So drawing a government paycheck is a bad thing? Attention all teachers. firemen, cops, judges, water employees, sewer employees, DOT employees, etc.- apparently you are all evil! It was a cheap shot, but it underlines how desperate David is to get Todd on the board. Why?

A republic form of government is centered on checks and balances. If King Jerry had the balance tipped too much one way then that was bad. If his administration is to blame for so much of the bad things in the county then was it because he had his finger on the scale, tipping it too much. David's support for Todd is just that- attempting to put his finger on he scale. I thought post commissioners were supposed to be placed in their position by the will of their people, to represent their people. When did the chairman get a say in that (and before you get started on dredging up the past Surepip, if King Jerry did that regarding a post commission race it was wrong too). Yes, politicians endorse one another across political boundaries, but they don't do it in their own back yard.

The question remains- why does King David want Todd on the board so badly that the is wiling to 'jump the shark' and pay a significant amount of money out of his on pocket to help him do it? And why does Todd want it so badly? And why does everyone seem to so easily forget that Todd was heavily involved in David's campaign? He isn't some guy of the street who 'took on the commission'. He's a 'business partner' of David- and David wants the citizens of post 2 to formalize that partnership. Why?

King David? Hmmmmm...has a ring to it.

Looks like your feathers are getting ruffled a bit there feelip. Those good ole boys just have different faces and they aren't fooling the voters.

There is not anyone on p.com (or in Paulding County) that has the ability to ruffle my feathers. A few of us are working to try to keep a bunch of crooks from re-gaining power in the county government. It is really sad that a handful of people are so influenced by the "washed up" that they would publicly support them to hold a public office.

David Austin, Tommie Graham and Todd Pownell are far from being a part of the corrupt bunch of people that were running this county.

If I were ready to move it would be quite entertaining to help get the folks you are supporting elected to office and watch the raping and pillaging of the county from my lake house in another state. Just so I could say I TOLD YOU SO.

Why would you write an article in a defunct web site Provide links to this article on this site and try to influence the voters? I am quite sure your cohort on the other web site (PRAISE THEE) is quite busy writing his own, little article and some of Beverly's surrogates sometime today will link to that site with his commentary.

This County, It's Citizens, And many unemployed workers are really going through some very tough times today, And some of the problems facing our County today were brought on by the previous administration, and, those associated with the previous administration and its policy of BUILD, BUILD, BUILD, TAX, TAX, TAX We all know what the previous administration and its associates have done to our county. Why do you and some of the other leaders in the Paulding County Republican Party want to cause this strife within the party during this period of time that we need our leaders to make some tough decisions, To get our county our of the doldrums caused by the previous administration?

The Paulding County Republican Party should be about working together to bring jobs to our county, the needed water resources, improved transportation, Improved Public safety etc. Not the infighting of the old guard and the new guard (shaking head in disbelief) It's JOBS, JOBS ,JOBS folks not all this infighting

As best I recall, county government IS the largest employer in this county.

As best I recall, county government IS the largest employer in this county.

Madea: The Board of Education, which is definitely distinct from county government, is the largest employer.

As far as the note from David suggesting that Beverly's prime motivation is her search for a government paycheck ... I would suggest that his experience with her, including the maneuverings that got her the letter and subsequent payoff, gives him ample basis for forming that opinion.

I mean none of this is rocket science.

pubby

Madea: The Board of Education, which is definitely distinct from county government, is the largest employer.

As far as the note from David suggesting that Beverly's prime motivation is her search for a government paycheck ... I would suggest that his experience with her, including the maneuverings that got her the letter and subsequent payoff, gives him ample basis for forming that opinion.

I mean none of this is rocket science.

pubby

I understand the distinction. Really, I do. And I really do know that the BOE employees the most folks. My suggestion in my prior post would be that the combination of the two, or each of them separately, would be the largest employers in this county.

I would suggest that his experience with her is somewhat minimal considering the short amount of time they worked together. But, hey, that's just me.

Well that pretty much says it all! I agree with you and many others do to. The truth hurts so go with it,well put.clapping.gif

Edited by Animal