Paulding.com

WILL TODD POWNALL WALK THE WALK?

So now running a scam to steal money from taxpayers is refered to as "smart"? What the hell? If a democrat had pulled this stunt you would be swallowing your damn tongue. Must be nice to be brainwashed, no regrets.

No, I wouldn't. She did not have to leave. I can understand Austin wanting to put his own person in the position but she had no obligation to give up a job she needed. I would not insult you with the brainwashed bit by the way. I would respect your right to have your own view and opinion. My assessment of this is not an endorsement by me for any candidate. I can't vote in that post. I think Todd is a great candidate too..

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NG, For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months wit

Todd knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk. He tells it straight, doesn't beat around the bush. Very upstanding and honest, has more integrity than most. I'm just not sure how he fits in to

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened

Now Tony Crowe is part of the Cartel? You're really getting desperate.

And I wonder who on the current board- and amongst the current candidates- that Carruth and his predecessor support? Hmmm... that would be very interesting to know. It would indeed be disheartening to learn that the last good ol' boys who got tossed out of office were really just the 'new' good ol' boys being replaced by the 'old' good old boys. But of course, King David, Tommie, Todd and David B. wouldn't be tied to the 'old' good ol' boys... Nah!

NG hit the nail on the head- this election should be about checks and balances......

• Like 1

And I wonder who on the current board- and amongst the current candidates- that Carruth and his predecessor support? Hmmm... that would be very interesting to know. It would indeed be disheartening to learn that the last good ol' boys who got tossed out of office were really just the 'new' good ol' boys being replaced by the 'old' good old boys. But of course, King David, Tommie, Todd and David B. wouldn't be tied to the 'old' good ol' boys... Nah!

NG hit the nail on the head- this election should be about checks and balances......

I think that Carruth may be supporting Beverly Cochran, She did work for him for four years as AA Tony Crowe worked for Jerry so you would assume he is supporting Tony?

I think that Carruth may be supporting Beverly Cochran, She did work for him for four years as AA

Just asking Whitey so don't get bent out of shape, but do you know this to be the absolute truth or is it just speculation on your part? Just asking......

Just asking Whitey so don't get bent out of shape, but do you know this to be the absolute truth or is it just speculation on your part? Just asking......

Dang good to see you back in the forum BB, Missed ya, Nope do not know it to be a fact.

NG,

For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months with Tommie Graham on the board.

Have you taken a serious look at just why Beverly Cochran is running ?

Even though her "boss" lost the election, she expected to stay on in her rather cushy $65,000 a year job when her new boss let her know he did not wish to keep her. But she was able to get the 3 votes on the BOC she needed to keep her.

Most government employees are expected to hand in their resignation when the new elected official takes over. But she was special.

She makes a "deal" with David to transfer to another position within the county, even though others are getting laid off, at her rather exhorbitant rate of pay. So she goes to the DA office.

6 months later with massive budget cutbacks, the DA;s office lays her off. These budget reductions were due primarily to the fact that her former boss, Good 'Ol Jerry had so depleted the reserve accounts to service the bond for the Taj Mahal Admin Building and Courthouse and Greenhouse since their sneaky bid to get a back door tax increase to pay the bonds came into the public eye.

So Beverly hires an attorney and threatens to sue the county for eliminating her job. She accpets a $50,000 out of court settlement instead of sueing.

And 7 months later she decides to run for a seat on the BOC.

Yeah, all the right reasons to "serve" the county.

She was the BOC administrative assistant during the time Bill Carruth was the chairman, privy to the insider scoop that the Hiram Parkway, nee Bill Carruth Parkway would be built, and where. And by a massive coincidence, his father, Aiken just happened to get a hankering to buy up all the property along where the parkway was coming.

Beverly sat in on all the meetings with the BOC, and the various developers over those same 12 years watching and taking down the note for all the deals done to give us Paulding as it is today, with thousands of empty lots and houses and a dwindling tax base [since this same group threw up roadblocks on any decent potential industrial developments] since all they did was approve zonings and infrastructure to build houses, houses and houses.

The voters took the first step in dismantling the machine installed by the RBMDs 2 years ago by sending Jerry packing and putting Tommie Graham on the BOC.

Now the voters have the opportunity to finish dismantling the RBMD machine that has run Paulding for way to long. Todd Pownall and David Barnett will both help to start steering Paulding to planned growth and encouraging industrial development to help diversify our tax base.

A vote for Beverly Cochran, Tony Crowe, or Paulette Braddock are votes for the Jerry Shearin Cartel and the ROBBER BARONS. It is long past time to send the RBMDs elsewhere to do their business.

Your choice...

I don't understand why you want to replace one good ole boy network with another. I like David Austin and I like Todd Pownall, David Barnett and Tony Crowe are both very capable guys. I don't want another cartel running this county.

• Like 1

Dang good to see you back in the forum BB, Missed ya, Nope do not know it to be a fact.

Missed you too Whitey - really. Been very, very busy at work and busy with the illness of my father, who thankfully, is improving every day.

Hee Haw I disagree this election should be about geting Paulding County moving again and out of this recession and creating jobs for people that live and work in paulding County,With one of the highest unemployment rates in the State we need JOBS JOBS JOBS, And a commission that can and has provided jobs for the citizens who live here, Only Two in the race has done that Todd Pownall and David Barnett the other two have lived off the tax payers backs for way to long and need to be retired

A little off topic.. but it's funny that Todd corrected David in the P'Com Round table video regarding the times to vote early this week.

By the way folks, David was right. Tuesday and Thursday is open until 7pm, not 5pm like Todd said.

Good thing, as I voted at around 6:30 on Tuesday so I hope my vote counted!!!!

No, I wouldn't. She did not have to leave. I can understand Austin wanting to put his own person in the position but she had no obligation to give up a job she needed. I would not insult you with the brainwashed bit by the way. I would respect your right to have your own view and opinion. My assessment of this is not an endorsement by me for any candidate. I can't vote in that post. I think Todd is a great candidate too..

You are right NJ. Please accept my apologies. I am getting frustrated with the people that are willing to vote for candidates that have already had their chance to prove themselves and failed miserably as public servants.

Ok, based on what is happening in Washington and what has happened in the past in Paulding County we do not need a commission full of "buddies". We need to keep balance by voting for folks that will not go with the flow. That's what happened with the past commissioners. We need checks and balances. I don't think we need Pownall and Barnett along with Austin. I believe both candidates running in my post are capable and since I can only vote in one post, I will be voting against the "group".

You hit the nail on the head NG! And you're so right. Did you guys and gals see the local paper?

Not only did Big Money make a splash with 2 full page ads for Pownall (and there have also been in earlier papers), a full page ad for Barnett, BUT - and here's the kicker - the Mr. Austin put out an ad SUPPORTING Pownall.

Didn't someone a while back suggest that these two candidates were the chairman's picks? And then I guess you lose those checks and balances that NG is mentioning above.

Did anyone get a chance to read that article the young girl wrote about Cochran? Someone posted a link about it last yesterday.

WHEW! Glad I don't have to figure these two races out. I did make up my mind for Gov and DA and cast those votes though.

• Like 1

You hit the nail on the head NG! And you're so right. Did you guys and gals see the local paper?

Not only did Big Money make a splash with 2 full page ads for Pownall (and there have also been in earlier papers), a full page ad for Barnett, BUT - and here's the kicker - the Mr. Austin put out an ad SUPPORTING Pownall.

Didn't someone a while back suggest that these two candidates were the chairman's picks? And then I guess you lose those checks and balances that NG is mentioning above.

Did anyone get a chance to read that article the young girl wrote about Cochran? Someone posted a link about it last yesterday.

WHEW! Glad I don't have to figure these two races out. I did make up my mind for Gov and DA and cast those votes though.

I see no problem with having a group of like minded individuals on the BOC just so long as it is not a group of crooks. There are still some good people in the world. It's just that there were not any of them on the BOC until 2008.

I see no problem with having a group of like minded individuals on the BOC just so long as it is not a group of crooks. There are still some good people in the world. It's just that there were not any of them on the BOC until 2008.

The political world can do horrible things to honorable people. I know some politicians that used to be good, trustworthy people.

You are right NJ. Please accept my apologies. I am getting frustrated with the people that are willing to vote for candidates that have already had their chance to prove themselves and failed miserably as public servants.

Apology accepted. I get very heated about some of these elections too. I just hope we end up with the right candidates in the positions. Even if we did not think they were the right ones during the election.

The good ole boys just changed faces and their power has escalated since Austin took office. Cochran and Crowe scare them.

Yes....It appears the old Good 'Ol Boy network is gone and the work is underway with this election to put a NEW Good 'Ol Boy network in place.

Edited by MEvans

The good ole boys just changed faces and their power has escalated since Austin took office. Cochran and Crowe scare them.

Cochran and Crowe is enough to scare the hell out of anyone,Why would we want this County to return to the pre 2008 era? A vote for those two will set the county back ten years, Time to move this county forward, Create jobs, Bring in Industry, Complete the reservoir, Move forward not backward

He'll walk David Austin's walk. Did you see his endorsement ad David has for Todd?

http://pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/

And just what do you say is wrong with this endorsement, Hell, many people have endorsed various candidates, And supported them during campaigns, That is the way the political system works. You feel that Beverly is the best candidate, I feel that Todd is the best candidate, We support those candidates, What is the big deal, I am sure Beverly would of liked to had the endorsement from David, he made a decision to endorse Todd, So what!!!!

Are you implying That David Austin should not endorse the candidate that can do the best job in his opinion?

And just what do you say is wrong with this endorsement, Hell, many people have endorsed various candidates, And supported them during campaigns, That is the way the political system works. You feel that Beverly is the best candidate, I feel that Todd is the best candidate, We support those candidates, What is the big deal, I am sure Beverly would of liked to had the endorsement from David, he made a decision to endorse Todd, So what!!!!

Are you implying That David Austin should not endorse the candidate that can do the best job in his opinion?

Not implying that David should or should not endorse anyone. Although I think it's a little odd for the Chairman to openly support who should or shouldn't be on the board.

The problem with this is how he slams Beverly for public service/government work - especially since he's drawing a Gov't check now too. Very tasteless. And why? Because she questioned a decision. Would David say the same thing about someone that served in education or law enforcement or maintenance for the county for several years?

Beverly hasn't really sought out any "big name" endorsements - as I think her take on it is to represent the people in Post 2.

Otherwise I agree that each of us can support who we want. The problem with so many is that instead of SUPPORTING who they want the try to DISTORT who they don't want.

Cochran and Crowe is enough to scare the hell out of anyone,Why would we want this County to return to the pre 2008 era? A vote for those two will set the county back ten years, Time to move this county forward, Create jobs, Bring in Industry, Complete the reservoir, Move forward not backward

The question is why would Austin be fiercely supporting any candidate. Dont recall other commissioners being allowed to do this or feeling the extreme need as Austin. County employees would be fired for the same. Cochran and Crowe threaten the power and completion of a full good ole boy commission and they are scared. The misleading rebuttal in the Era is evidence of this when Cochran raised questions. Who paid for that ad anyway?

Edited by wonderwhy

The question is why would Austin be fiercely supporting any candidate. Dont recall other commissioners being allowed to do this or feeling the extreme need as Austin. County employees would be fired for the same. Cochran and Crowe threaten the power and completion of a full good ole boy commission and they are scared. The misleading rebuttal in the Era is evidence of this when Cochran raised questions. Who paid for that ad anyway?

How soon we forget!

Jerry Shearin openly endorsed and worked to elect and re-elect Hal Echols, Wayne Kirby, and Jeff Miller when he ran against Don Powell in 2006 and 2002.

Shearin and his cartel rubber stamped every PRD their local band of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS brought before the BOC. Go back and check the votes and you will notice the only ones not approved were rezonings proposed by the outsiders while doing little to nothing to encourage industrial development, completing the Richland Creek reservoir or much of anything else other than their airport.

Do you really want anyone connected with that crowd on the BOC?

I sure don't, and I am hoping the 73% of the voters who sent Shearin packing 2 years ago will be out there voting for Pownall and Barnett.

How soon we forget!

Jerry Shearin openly endorsed and worked to elect and re-elect Hal Echols, Wayne Kirby, and Jeff Miller when he ran against Don Powell in 2006 and 2002.

Shearin and his cartel rubber stamped every PRD their local band of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS brought before the BOC. Go back and check the votes and you will notice the only ones not approved were rezonings proposed by the outsiders while doing little to nothing to encourage industrial development, completing the Richland Creek reservoir or much of anything else other than their airport.

Do you really want anyone connected with that crowd on the BOC?

I sure don't, and I am hoping the 73% of the voters who sent Shearin packing 2 years ago will be out there voting for Pownall and Barnett.

Pownall and Barnett are the RBMD candidates.

• Like 1

Elected Officials Always support other Candidates running for elective office, This year you have elected officials supporting Stout in his reelection bid by other elected officials, Heck look at his finicial disclosure many have donated campaign dollars to his campaign. Last election for Governor when Perdue made a Campaign stop here at the Courthouse every elected official here in Paulding Couty was there supporting him, Including the Staff of the Commissioners, Ask Beverly and Pat crook if they were there?Along with all of the commssioners, Mayors Congress men and Senators.

This is politics get endorsements Heck Sarah palin is coming in to endorse Karen, Huckabee is endorseing Deal along with other members of congress. That is politics 101

True a County employee has restrictions as to what they can do, And so do federal and State employees, But their is no restrictions on elected officials.

What question did Beverly Raise about the ad?

Pownall and Barnett are the RBMD candidates.

You can try to hang this title on them all you want to, But I guaranee you It will not stick This issue has already been raised by PRAISE THEE (ITHEY) thoroughly discussed face to face with him by Both Barnett And Pownall and he printed a retraction on his web site. The real fact is both Beverly and Tony are the true candidates of that group, Heck who was working as the AA for the County when we had the massive explosive growth BEVERLY, Who was the Building inspector who overlooked this group Tony ? Get real about your charges and above all get the facts

I asked David Austin and he paid for the ad himself regarding Todd Pownall and he is entitled to his opinion as to who will do the best job. There is no power to threaten and he is not scared. If he was scared he wouldn't have fired Beverly and he wouldn't have written an ad.

Not implying that David should or should not endorse anyone. Although I think it's a little odd for the Chairman to openly support who should or shouldn't be on the board.

The problem with this is how he slams Beverly for public service/government work - especially since he's drawing a Gov't check now too. Very tasteless. And why? Because she questioned a decision. Would David say the same thing about someone that served in education or law enforcement or maintenance for the county for several years?

Beverly hasn't really sought out any "big name" endorsements - as I think her take on it is to represent the people in Post 2.

Otherwise I agree that each of us can support who we want. The problem with so many is that instead of SUPPORTING who they want the try to DISTORT who they don't want.

The night of the election Beverly called Adam Gregory and asked for his endorsement and you know that to be a fact. Quit misleading the voters, Fact is all the persons that she has worked for in the past, For the most part are not supporting Beverly?

The problem I see is the Cochran campaign started all of the crap on another web site, And was immediately confronted with the un truths that was spewing from the Cochran supporters, And it continues today, Yet the original poster of the untruths has since posted a retraction on his site. Yes Beverly has sought out some Big name endorsements and she has failed to get them. I wonder why??

I admire David for standing up and speaking out for who he thinks is the best person for the job, And explaining his reasons why?

Heck it has not been that long ago since one of Beverly's supporters was on here Supporting Beverly, Collett, Anavitarte, And Paulette Which is okay with me/

My sources are telling me that David is already apologizing for www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/"]"Jumping the Shark" with his Pownall "endorsement" ad in the Dallas New Era. Also, Pownall approved of the ad and is equally responsible for disparaging all past and current county employees.

My sources are telling me that David is already apologizing for www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/"]"Jumping the Shark" with his Pownall "endorsement" ad in the Dallas New Era. Also, Pownall approved of the ad and is equally responsible for disparaging all past and current county employees.

I think they have had better ideas.unsure.gif

Your sources are wrong. I just talked to David, he will tell you he wrote the article himself without Mr. Pownall approving it because Ms. Cochran has been out lying about David and he is sick of it. Stop trying to spin the article. You can stand David; anything he does you despise. Just because he isn't supporting Beverly you and your little crowd can't handle it. You know that David is popular and that his article may hurt Beverly or you wouldn't be so concerned with it. Go pick up your Eric Johnson signs.

Your sources are wrong. I just talked to David, he will tell you he wrote the article himself without Mr. Pownall approving it because Ms. Cochran has been out lying about David and he is sick of it. Stop trying to spin the article. You can stand David; anything he does you despise. Just because he isn't supporting Beverly you and your little crowd can't handle it. You know that David is popular and that his article may hurt Beverly or you wouldn't be so concerned with it. Go pick up your Eric Johnson signs.

Okay, if you say so.

Tom,

You and Ithey and the rest of your ilk are really getting desperate.

Shearin and company, including Beverly Cochran and Pat Crook left us with a mess.

Are you familiar with the facts concerning the current position our Richland Creek Reservoir are in BECAUSE no on in the BOC office bother to respond to Corps of Engineer correspondence asking for details and information during the last 5 months of King Jerry's reign? No one at the BOC top levels bother to reply to the correspondcence from the Corp and as a result our Reservoir project went from the top of the expedited fast track list to no-man's-land. The Corp assumed the project was being dropped since our administration under Shearin and Cochran/Crook chose to not respond to their requests/

And now you question Pownall and Austin for where they want to take the county ?

They want to take us to economic development instead of just houses while the old group tries to get their greedy paws back on the purse strings to help the RBMDs. And you want to help them in their quest ?

The Dark Force is on the way out. We need to move Paulding into some better economic times and supporting Beverely and Shearin and Company will put us back into the dark ages instead of moving us forward.

Tom,

You and Ithey and the rest of your ilk are really getting desperate.

Shearin and company, including Beverly Cochran and Pat Crook left us with a mess.

Are you familiar with the facts concerning the current position our Richland Creek Reservoir are in BECAUSE no on in the BOC office bother to respond to Corps of Engineer correspondence asking for details and information during the last 5 months of King Jerry's reign? No one at the BOC top levels bother to reply to the correspondcence from the Corp and as a result our Reservoir project went from the top of the expedited fast track list to no-man's-land. The Corp assumed the project was being dropped since our administration under Shearin and Cochran/Crook chose to not respond to their requests/

And now you question Pownall and Austin for where they want to take the county ?

They want to take us to economic development instead of just houses while the old group tries to get their greedy paws back on the purse strings to help the RBMDs. And you want to help them in their quest ?

The Dark Force is on the way out. We need to move Paulding into some better economic times and supporting Beverely and Shearin and Company will put us back into the dark ages instead of moving us forward.

You're so predictable. Not wasting my time with your on-going paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy theories. You're boring the heck out of all of us. Come up with something new and accurate for a change. David and Todd messed up and need to apologize to the county and its employees.

www.pauldingpundit.com/2010/08/david-austin-just-jumped-the-shark/

The comments are also quite interesting.

• Like 1