Paulding.com

Post Commission Run-Off Elections

My understanding is that Bill Carruth hired her and she worked for him during his term. Jerry saw that she was a capable employee and kept her and didn't see the need to clean house and bring in all his cronies like David Austin who I beleive brought in four employees within 2-3 months after coming into office from a local engineering firm specializing in water and sewer work.

Are you sure about all of this post? Seems to me that some of the alleged cronies that David brought in were former employees under the Shearin adminstration who were rehired by David I rerember that Mike Jones also worked for Jerry Shearin in the water and sewer department

How many acres? Near KC?

I don't doubt that you feel you have been victimized- and not knowing the real details I can't say who is right or wrong. But, I'm assuming that if the county has spent 1 mill on the case, you must be pretty leveraged as well. In any case the question still stands unanswered. And frankly, if I were in your shoes I would probably be extremely biased towards supporting candidates where I believed the end result would be a favorable outcome for me in my case. I don't blame you if you feel that way, but I think in all fairness to the rest of the people you are trying to influence, they should be aware of your interests.

There also seems to be some criticism of a couple of the candidates for not being involved in events of which this site is also involved. Pubby has very openly stated who he supports- as well as who he is against (yes, the 'wide load' comment was a cheap shot). Any candidate not on Pubby's favored list would only be wise to avoid association with him and this site at any event or p.com sponsored forum. I must admit, for some time I had the impression that Pubby was- or at least tried to maintain- a somewhat neutral stance on politics and simply report local news and events. It now seems that he has moved from reporting news and events to political commentary, making the site pretty much off-limits for any truly unbiased debate or analysis.

Fabulous post! :drinks:

• Like 1

Just curious, exactly what events has David Barnett missed?

He missed the Stars and Strikes meet and greet and (I believe) the forum at the Dallas Theater.

WOW, anyone can make into a run off in this county!

"NO SHOW CROWE"

&

"CONSTANTLY ABSENT COCHRAN"

How can someone cast a vote for someone who is too scared to show their face during a true round table debate / discussion!

I would really like to have heard an open discussion between all the candidates; this would have answered a lot of question for a lot of people!

No one should be upset with David or Todd for wanting to give back two years worth of their, would be salaries! I think this shows they really care about the county and all the people who call Paulding home.

Beverly attended the Stars & Strikes event and the event at the Dallas Theater. She's been knocking on every door in her post. I for one applaud that. Some folks really appreciate that one on one with a candidate. Quite frankly, after all that's been said about Beverly on this board a campaign manager would be nuts to have her come her. Even the owner is name-calling her, even though he obviously doesn't like being called names. I've taught my children to treat others the way they wish to be treated.

He missed the Stars and Strikes meet and greet and (I believe) the forum at the Dallas Theater.

Beverly attended the Stars & Strikes event and the event at the Dallas Theater. She's been knocking on every door in her post. I for one applaud that. Some folks really appreciate that one on one with a candidate. Quite frankly, after all that's been said about Beverly on this board a campaign manager would be nuts to have her come here. Even the owner is name-calling her, even though he obviously doesn't like being called names. I've taught my children to treat others the way they wish to be treated.

I know he was at the Theater. I thought he was at Stars & Strikes.unsure.gif

I agree!

I know he was at the Theater. I thought he was at Stars & Strikes.unsure.gif

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I know 2 of the post candidates were missing at S&S. I thought one was David Barnett. If he was there, then I guess he was just forgettable. pardon.gif

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I know 2 of the post candidates were missing at S&S. I thought one was David Barnett. If he was there, then I guess he was just forgettable. pardon.gif

Maybe he was not at Stars & strikes but I seemed to recall that he was.

The P'Com crew was there - they can confirm who missed it. I thought S&S missing candidates were Barnett and Crowe. Funny - they are the ones left standing.

www.associatedcontent.com/article/5586604/creative_campaigning_in_paulding_county.html?cat=9"

Creative campaigning in Paulding

For the naysayers, here's what regular people (completely unassociated with her campaign) think of her.

Edited by PUBBY
No live links to sites that generate income for their authors. The URL is complete, copy and paste

Beverly attended the Stars & Strikes event and the event at the Dallas Theater. She's been knocking on every door in her post. I for one applaud that. Some folks really appreciate that one on one with a candidate. Quite frankly, after all that's been said about Beverly on this board a campaign manager would be nuts to have her come her. Even the owner is name-calling her, even though he obviously doesn't like being called names. I've taught my children to treat others the way they wish to be treated.

David Barnett has a prior engagement for business - post commissioners are part time public servants and usually have business interests as the pay is not extravagant - and attended the PBA's noon meeting, expressing his apologies for not being able to attend that evening. He did appear at the chamber event. I've also found him eager to appear anywhere there is a group and it would be laughable to suggest that he's ducking public appearances.

Tony Crowe, however, has been and remains elusive only attending a rare public event. I was pleased to have interviewed him. That interview is in the loop.

As far as the name-calling. I didn't name call Beverly. I called her answer on the SPOST wishy-washy.

I did say that politicians like the idea of staying off the public record.

Why?

Because if no one knows where you stand and you refuse to talk to more than one person at a time, you can be for the splost with people who are for it and 'against' it when talking with people who opposed the SPLOST.

I added that it is not statesmen like.

I suggested the strategy ... "is inherently dishonest, slippery slithering good from the politicians standpoint because only half the folks know you were lying."

Oh, and as far as the name calling, I don't care for it but it certainly didn't bother me. I just thought other folks ought to see at least a glimpse of the real Dick Donovan. I mean I wish I had more video of him, really I do.

Finally, I live in this county and I'm entitled to an opinion just as are others here.

Journalism - the part where I don't play sides - occurs in news stories (not editorials) and in those cases I strive for impartiality.

But I think it is important to know one of the reasons I set up this site is that I think all folks - including me - should express their opinions.

I sense some folks have real issues when anyone disagrees with them. I don't. More than that, I'm really glad that they don't run this site. Aren't you?

pubby

Amazing how local races can bring out the best and worst in people. Just because I might not support your candidate of choice doesn't make me stupid or bad, I'm just glad when all this is over and the waters have calmed I will still have many wonderful friends.