Paulding.com

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man oh, Man! Did Dick Donovan go in your corn flakes? I saw an add for Dick Donovan that said he has never won an election. Good night! The editorial you did was nice too. My response to you i

Dick is running for DA.   Dick is a bully.   Don't be a DICK.

Just so you know this, if they had just let your original statement go I would have probably voted for him. His reaction to what you said is what cost him my vote; not what you said.   Because they

Posted Images

Honetly, I think he owes you an apology for the name calling, and I hope you get it. I'm going to change my username back, too. It took courage on your part to post that video and put yourself out there for public humiliation.

We get so used to focusing on the names of our local candidates without thinking too much about the jobs we are electing them to do. The District Attorney gets theives, child molestors, murderers, and drug dealers off the streets. We think that is law enforcement's job, but it isn't. They corral them for us for a limited time, but without action from the District Attorney, they go right back out onto the street. We are turning criminals loose unpunished in large numbers in this county and then complaining that our cars and homes are being broken into and about the drug house down the street. Many of these offenders have been arrested, charged, and not prosecuted. That sends the message that we are soft on crime in Paulding. I can only imagine how frustrating that is for the LEO who are doing their part to track these people down and arrest them only to see them released.

I'll use the example of rogue teachers because that is the most disgusting crime I can think of, exploiting a child. We have had four arrested in the last 5 or so years for inappropriate conduct with children, 3 men and a woman. One of them was prosecuted and received ten years in jail. Two were let go (the one in Sarah Babb park and the HHS guy) without prosecution. Who knows what is happening with the female, but that happenend long enough ago for there to be some kind of trial. Two out of three ain't bad, but one out of four sure as hell is.

Why such a high crime rate in Paulding? Because we don't punish all of our criminals. It's a good place to roll the dice because the odds are in the criminals favor. I want that to change, even if means electing Mr. Fussy Pants over Mr. Smiley Guy.

I say lets give someone else a chance to see if it gets any better. It may take someone with the attitude he has to get

us out of the mess we are in now.

I thought we got a new Circuit Judge. I could be wrong. We were approved for one weren't we? I do see that you have said we are due 2. I expect that might make a difference in how many cases could get through the system. Wow We need at least two to do what needs to be done and we don't have them?

The one we have now don't keep the judges we have now busy???????????????????????

What can I say, to know Dick is to be insulted by the man, dismissed by the man, with you WFAL - threatened with lawsuit by the man.

The reason I pointed out that he never won an election before is because, in the old days, a large enough percentage of the people knew what an arrogant, insufferable ass he is and wouldn't vote for him for any reason.

Oh, and Ultramsb: As far as taking one to know one, I'm not up for election and asking the people to hire me.

pubby

PS: I thought the surrounding video, from Jefferson's 1800's race to the bombs - I actually lost it at the blue screen of death in the Canadian piece - and even George Allen's Macaca statement (that one butthole comment probably cost him the presidency) put it all in context.

Is that anything like "owning the sand box" and insulting people who pay to be memebers?

The reason I pointed out that he is an arrogant, insufferable ass.

pubby

Hahaha. Thanks for pointing this out, SOLO.

Pubby, Would you say he has a WIDE, arrogant, insufferable ass or would you just pretend you didn't post numerous times about how HE called YOU a name.

Hahahahaha. (Yes, I edited Pubby's 'footage', but who doesn't around here? :o )

DON'T argue with a woman. Men should already know that.

Would you like for me to introduce you? :ninja:

I, too, posess the skills to fluff my resume while still keeping it factual.

Do you mean exaggerate? When my nieces were little girls they were taught to use the word fluff when they accidentally passed gas.

G. Wolf

Edited by Gray_Wolf

Dear Pubby, I say no one but God knows for sure what is in store for all of us… but since you effectively predict the future now. Can you please give me lottery numbers for say the next year? I don't want to seem to be greedy. That is how far you can see into the future?

Bet you never watched the program psych on USA ... you know the guy who pretends to have extra-sensory abilities but just is very observant and perceptive. It used to play along side MONK.

The point is if you are intelligent, observant and perceptive, you can make some pretty good predictions based on what is and has been. Sure the method is flawed because time-travel is at present only a theory, but predicting things is not at all magic. Thinking ahead keeps you from being blindsided as well.

Actually, if we were totally incapable of looking ahead, we'd be in a real pickle. Planning is something that is done every day in the military, in business and in politics.

For instance, in another topic on Pcom, there was someone talking about star tak phone and how the guy who invented the first flip phone got the idea from star trek, the futuristic sci-fi television series that ultimately developed a cult following.

How did the guy who did the flip-gimmick on the 'communicator' come up with the idea in the context of a phone. He dis some figuring.

As far as what I 'predicted' ... sure I could be wrong.

But take the facts that we know.

First fact: There is a vast difference in the personalities of the existing DA and DD. I'd say that the difference is such that at least half the ADA's DL hired would not be comfortable around a personality like DD. I mean if there is a fat one, he'll always know that DD calls him wideload behind his back. The point is that Dick is a totally different personality and those who are attracted and like working for Drew, odds are, going to be not as attracted working for Dick.

Certainly there may have been olive branches passed out by Dick to the ADA's assuring them their jobs are not on the line but ... I've not heard of any such thing and frankly it doesn't sound like Dick. I might believe it if he had apologized to me for calling me wideload ... but something tells me Dick is not the apologizing type. I also don't think he apologized to WFAL for threatening to sue her for libel in a political race - which is about as stupid a move as an attorney can make in my opinion. Heck, he may yet sue if he is vindictive.

Second fact: The campaign that DD ran has him saying in essence the DA's office is a bunch of nincompoops who can't get a case across and is letting criminals go free because of their collective incompetence. I know he's saying it is Drew that is the problem but if you are an ADA, it reflects on you and you do take it personally. Heck, the man is after your bosses job and if he wins, you have a new boss whom you have to think believes you are a screw up.

Indeed, I think there is about a 20 percent chance - given my judgment of DD - that he'll just fire everyone he can if he is allowed to walk in that door of public office come January. Why do I think that? I suspect that DD likes to surround himself with people that are loyal to him (as does every boss) ... and for the first time, he has a payroll and budget to allocate that he can pay folks to come associate with him. Why would he squander that money paying folks whom he could never trust to be loyal.

I may be wrong ... but that's just the sense I get.

Will it happen exactly as I say? Probably not, but I know that with Dick as boss, things will change and I would tend to believe that more of the ADAs (4-6) rather than fewer (1-3) but for certain some will leave. I built the scenario based on a guess of five of the nine leaving. Not all nine would leave but I could be off ... six could or maybe four.

Bottom line, elections have consequences and one of those consequences in the case of a District Attorney's office is that if the boss leaves, others will follow. Add the age and personality differences between Drew and Dick and I think my prediction is a reasonable guess ... kind of like psych.

It is not the first time, BTW. You mentioned the lottery but I don't know enough about it to make predictions of that sort. However, good sense lets you predict other things ... When I bought the domains paulding.com (1998), ganews.com (1998) and neomax.com (1998) for $35/yr each, I had a feeling they would be valuable in the future.

FYI: I sold neomax.com back in 2007 for $20,000 and I think Paulding.com and GAnews.com have much greater potential value. I knew a bit about the Internet back in those days (I know more now) and obviously bet on the future of those domain names. That is 'kind of like' winning the lottery, wouldn't you say :)

pubby

I am just a bit curious with this question so don’t blast me too hard, I really am looking at the qualifications of these two Candidates It would appear on the surface that Drew Lane is the most Qualified since he has been prosecuting cases for some time and has shown the ability to manage employees. Has Dick Donovan ever prosecuted criminals, or has his practice consisted of Defending accused criminals. Just asking, ducking for cover now

[/quot

As you can tell, there are Dick haters and Dick lovers. Same goes for Lane. And then there are those who just keep quiet.

Yes, Lane is the most qualified as he has prosecuted cases for 15 years or so. Dick says he's prosecuted cases as a cop prosecuting traffic cases back in the 70's. Dick's spent the past 30 years defending criminals/defendants as a defense lawyer. It's harder to prosecute than it is to defend because you have to prove your case as a prosecutor and a defense lawyer just has to throw out red herrings or try to muddy the waters.

Yes, Lane can manage employees. From what I understand, he inherited a mess when he took office, not including the fact that 4 of the 7 assistant DA's quit the day before he took office. It's taken a while to get things working, but the DA's office functions well, in spite of what the naysayers want you to believe.

Dick's such a stand-up guy he has refused to shake Lane's hand since the election 4 years ago. Dick won't even shake hands with a couple of the assistand DA's, either. That's professionalism for you.

As you can probably gather, I'm a Dick hater. I think he's a pretty despicable person and that's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

Bet you never watched the program psych on USA ... you know the guy who pretends to have extra-sensory abilities but just is very observant and perceptive. It used to play along side MONK.

The point is if you are intelligent, observant and perceptive, you can make some pretty good predictions based on what is and has been. Sure the method is flawed because time-travel is at present only a theory, but predicting things is not at all magic. Thinking ahead keeps you from being blindsided as well.

Actually, if we were totally incapable of looking ahead, we'd be in a real pickle. Planning is something that is done every day in the military, in business and in politics.

For instance, in another topic on Pcom, there was someone talking about star tak phone and how the guy who invented the first flip phone got the idea from star trek, the futuristic sci-fi television series that ultimately developed a cult following.

How did the guy who did the flip-gimmick on the 'communicator' come up with the idea in the context of a phone. He dis some figuring.

As far as what I 'predicted' ... sure I could be wrong.

But take the facts that we know.

First fact: There is a vast difference in the personalities of the existing DA and DD. I'd say that the difference is such that at least half the ADA's DL hired would not be comfortable around a personality like DD. I mean if there is a fat one, he'll always know that DD calls him wideload behind his back. The point is that Dick is a totally different personality and those who are attracted and like working for Drew, odds are, going to be not as attracted working for Dick.

Certainly there may have been olive branches passed out by Dick to the ADA's assuring them their jobs are not on the line but ... I've not heard of any such thing and frankly it doesn't sound like Dick. I might believe it if he had apologized to me for calling me wideload ... but something tells me Dick is not the apologizing type. I also don't think he apologized to WFAL for threatening to sue her for libel in a political race - which is about as stupid a move as an attorney can make in my opinion. Heck, he may yet sue if he is vindictive.

Second fact: The campaign that DD ran has him saying in essence the DA's office is a bunch of nincompoops who can't get a case across and is letting criminals go free because of their collective incompetence. I know he's saying it is Drew that is the problem but if you are an ADA, it reflects on you and you do take it personally. Heck, the man is after your bosses job and if he wins, you have a new boss whom you have to think believes you are a screw up.

Indeed, I think there is about a 20 percent chance - given my judgment of DD - that he'll just fire everyone he can if he is allowed to walk in that door of public office come January. Why do I think that? I suspect that DD likes to surround himself with people that are loyal to him (as does every boss) ... and for the first time, he has a payroll and budget to allocate that he can pay folks to come associate with him. Why would he squander that money paying folks whom he could never trust to be loyal.

I may be wrong ... but that's just the sense I get.

Will it happen exactly as I say? Probably not, but I know that with Dick as boss, things will change and I would tend to believe that more of the ADAs (4-6) rather than fewer (1-3) but for certain some will leave. I built the scenario based on a guess of five of the nine leaving. Not all nine would leave but I could be off ... six could or maybe four.

Bottom line, elections have consequences and one of those consequences in the case of a District Attorney's office is that if the boss leaves, others will follow. Add the age and personality differences between Drew and Dick and I think my prediction is a reasonable guess ... kind of like psych.

It is not the first time, BTW. You mentioned the lottery but I don't know enough about it to make predictions of that sort. However, good sense lets you predict other things ... When I bought the domains paulding.com (1998), ganews.com (1998) and neomax.com (1998) for $35/yr each, I had a feeling they would be valuable in the future.

FYI: I sold neomax.com back in 2007 for $20,000 and I think Paulding.com and GAnews.com have much greater potential value. I knew a bit about the Internet back in those days (I know more now) and obviously bet on the future of those domain names. That is 'kind of like' winning the lottery, wouldn't you say :)

pubby

This is why I always say the old adage, "sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you" is way off the mark. Words even to adults have a way of hurting so deeply that it distorts our perception of both our self and others.

Now what you say about ADA's leaving is a no brainer. Without a doubt some will leave the office. Didn't a few or more quit before Drew came on board, not that it matters, but any time a new boss comes in shake ups happen.

This is why I always say the old adage, "sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you" is way off the mark. Words even to adults have a way of hurting so deeply that it distorts our perception of both our self and others.

Now what you say about ADA's leaving is a no brainer. Without a doubt some will leave the office. Didn't a few or more quit before Drew came on board, not that it matters, but any time a new boss comes in shake ups happen.

I have thought the same thing so many times lately. I don't know who made up that little bit of wisdom but I don't think it is true at all. Words can hurt almost as much as a physical blow. JMO

As you can tell, there are Dick haters and Dick lovers. Same goes for Lane. And then there are those who just keep quiet.

Yes, Lane is the most qualified as he has prosecuted cases for 15 years or so. Dick says he's prosecuted cases as a cop prosecuting traffic cases back in the 70's. Dick's spent the past 30 years defending criminals/defendants as a defense lawyer. It's harder to prosecute than it is to defend because you have to prove your case as a prosecutor and a defense lawyer just has to throw out red herrings or try to muddy the waters.

Yes, Lane can manage employees. From what I understand, he inherited a mess when he took office, not including the fact that 4 of the 7 assistant DA's quit the day before he took office. It's taken a while to get things working, but the DA's office functions well, in spite of what the naysayers want you to believe.

Dick's such a stand-up guy he has refused to shake Lane's hand since the election 4 years ago. Dick won't even shake hands with a couple of the assistand DA's, either. That's professionalism for you.

As you can probably gather, I'm a Dick hater. I think he's a pretty despicable person and that's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

After I made it past the first sentence :giggle: I believe that DD can hold a grudge like it's no one's business.

When I was interviewing new attornies [4 total before my new guy] and seeing a very respected [by the courts] family councelor, they all eluded to me making the right decision about leaving DD for a new attorney. However, 3 of the 5 (out of Douglas, btw) wouldn't take the case from DD. My feeling was that they didn't want the wrath that DD would bring. I had to go all the way to Carrollton to find someone who would take the case....both people I talked to in Carroll were willing to take it. No one in Douglasville (DD's turf) wanted it, but those in Carroll (not DD's turf) had no problem taking it. It doesn't advanced degrees to figure that one out.

In the previous DA contest 4 yrs ago, I became acquainted with and supported a candidate named Clark(?) who was in the contest against Lane and Donovan. He had more credentials than DD and DL combined in terms of prosecutorial experience.

I put his sign up in my yard. Donovan was doing a door-to-door on my street one evening during that primary. Even though he knew which candidate I was supporting, he still approached me and was cordial and personable.

My opinion about this current race? ANYBODY BUT THE INCUMBENT!!!

• Like 2

In the previous DA contest 4 yrs ago, I became acquainted with and supported a candidate named Clark(?) who was in the contest against Lane and Donovan. He had more credentials than DD and DL combined in terms of prosecutorial experience.

I put his sign up in my yard. Donovan was doing a door-to-door on my street one evening during that primary. Even though he knew which candidate I was supporting, he still approached me and was cordial and personable.

You Go, "DOG!!"

• Like 1

After I made it past the first sentence :giggle: I believe that DD can hold a grudge like it's no one's business.

When I was interviewing new attornies [4 total before my new guy] and seeing a very respected [by the courts] family councelor, they all eluded to me making the right decision about leaving DD for a new attorney. However, 3 of the 5 (out of Douglas, btw) wouldn't take the case from DD. My feeling was that they didn't want the wrath that DD would bring. I had to go all the way to Carrollton to find someone who would take the case....both people I talked to in Carroll were willing to take it. No one in Douglasville (DD's turf) wanted it, but those in Carroll (not DD's turf) had no problem taking it. It doesn't advanced degrees to figure that one out.

That is chilling when you think about it.

Here's a guy who won't shake hands with another attorney because that attorney was backing someone else in the race.

Now you talk about attorney's simply declining to handle a case because he had been retained and fired by a client ... because he might come back on the attorney?

That is called vindictiveness and it is a character flaw that is particularly pernicious in any public servant and especially one with the power that district attorney has to cause people problems.

pubby

I supported Clark too. He was the most qualified.

That is chilling when you think about it.

Here's a guy who won't shake hands with another attorney because that attorney was backing someone else in the race.

Now you talk about attorney's simply declining to handle a case because he had been retained and fired by a client ... because he might come back on the attorney?

That is called vindictiveness and it is a character flaw that is particularly pernicious in any public servant and especially one with the power that district attorney has to cause people problems.

pubby

Yes, chilling some anonymous person can post whatever they want on a message board and we all naturally believe them. Because everything you hear in an election year is true. The court of public opinion has a crappy judge because they don't know the difference between scandalous hearsay and sworn truth. And men try to say it is women who gossip.

Who posted that? He maybe should have signed his post. Then I maybe wouldn't think it is a desparate blind attack.

Is it a bad thing to have a district attorney people think twice about crossing rather than one that has all the time in the world to chat you up (but no time to prosecute cases)? Bambi or the Badger? Not a tough choice.

Yes, chilling some anonymous person can post whatever they want on a message board and we all naturally believe them. Because everything you hear in an election year is true. The court of public opinion has a crappy judge because they don't know the difference between scandalous hearsay and sworn truth. And men try to say it is women who gossip.

Who posted that? He maybe should have signed his post. Then I maybe wouldn't think it is a desparate blind attack.

Is it a bad thing to have a district attorney people think twice about crossing rather than one that has all the time in the world to chat you up (but no time to prosecute cases)? Bambi or the Badger? Not a tough choice.

I burned 4 billable hours today dealing with crap that I paid DD to do.

Paperwork was due to be filed by 3/11/10 (45 day limit after service)...I fired DD on 6/2/10.

I trucking hate paying someone else to do the job I've already paid someone to do.

CeeJay:

I'm not anonymous. The people I referenced whom Dick refuses to shake hands with are not anonymous. WFAL is not anonymous. I have him calling me wideload on tape.

While not everyone is willing to stand up and call out Dick personally, I don't blame them. The office of DA can be very powerful. Literally, abuse in this office makes it easy to hide persecution within the context of prosecution.

I do find the idea of comparing these two candidates to Bambi and the badger utterly laughable.

I mean, if I were coming up an animal comparison, it would be closer to a horse and a mule ... or a mule and an ass or maybe a horse and an ass.

But it does concern me that you wonder if is it a bad thing to have a DA that folks think twice about crossing?

Personally, I don't wonder. There are quite a few public officials whom folks were reluctant to cross. Here's a short list: Idi Amin, Poppa Doc Duvalier, Kim Il Jung, Osama Bin Laden and Joe Stalin. Now I'm comparing Dick to these folks - they're truly infamous - but unforgiving personalities rarely are remembered as great leaders at any level of responsibility.

pubby

Personally, I don't wonder. There are quite a few public officials whom folks were reluctant to cross. Here's a short list: Idi Amin, Poppa Doc Duvalier, Kim Il Jung, Osama Bin Laden and Joe Stalin. Now I'm comparing Dick to these folks - they're truly infamous - but unforgiving personalities rarely are remembered as great leaders at any level of responsibility.

pubby

Pubby, stop, you are killing me. I laughed out loud when I read this. Idi Amin. Ahahahaha.

"Sometimes people mistake the way I talk for what I am thinking." ~ Idi Amin Dada (who knew, he has a last name)

The Osama thing is just truly insulting, as I guess is the Amin reference and the others (had to look up "Doc" Duvalier, hope you aren't suggesting DD is going to have DL murdered), and is way worse than anything Mr. Donovan said to you. I truly feel badly when I hurt somebody's feelings, unless they get all drama-full and make a big ass deal out of it, then I no longer care. Karma is not on your side with this. Suggesting a candidate for a local office has anything in common with mass murderers is just crazy and offensive.

Edited by CeeJay
  • Like 4

Pubby, stop, you are killing me. I laughed out loud when I read this. Idi Amin. Ahahahaha.

"Sometimes people mistake the way I talk for what I am thinking." ~ Idi Amin Dada (who knew, he has a last name)

The Osama thing is just truly insulting, as I guess is the Amin reference and the others (had to look up "Doc" Duvalier, hope you aren't suggesting DD is going to have DL murdered), and is way worse than anything Mr. Donovan said to you. I truly feel badly when I hurt somebody's feelings, unless they get all drama-full and make a big ass deal out of it, then I no longer care. Karma is not on your side with this. Suggesting a candidate for a local office has anything in common with mass murderers is just crazy and offensive.

CeeJay:

You suggested that being vindictive ... the type of person most are afraid to cross even innocently is a good thing. I searched and searched my mind for examples of vindictive people and that was the list I came up with. People try to forget the names of the more petty, regular vindictive people they run across.

You know, unlike beauty (Marilyn Monroe), goodness (Mother Teresa)and truth (Honest Abe Lincoln) there are only a few names of vindictive people in the collective memory. They all made their name with their total lack of restraint in pursuit of the revenge.

We all know being vindictive is a character flaw that a lot of people have. Most people try to avoid this backstabbing type. Why you or anyone would want to elect one to public office is beyond me.

pubby

CeeJay:

You suggested that being vindictive ... the type of person most are afraid to cross even innocently is a good thing. I searched and searched my mind for examples of vindictive people and that was the list I came up with. People try to forget the names of the more petty, regular vindictive people they run across.

You know, unlike beauty (Marilyn Monroe), goodness (Mother Teresa)and truth (Honest Abe Lincoln) there are only a few names of vindictive people in the collective memory. They all made their name with their total lack of restraint in pursuit of the revenge.

We all know being vindictive is a character flaw that a lot of people have. Most people try to avoid this backstabbing type. Why you or anyone would want to elect one to public office is beyond me.

pubby

And I would suggest that characterizing Donovan as vindictive is ONLY YOUR OPINION. Not mine and not a lot of other folks. Lane was appointed by Purdue. I don't know of too many folks with good things to say about Purdue right now. Just one more blunder on Purdue's part I'd say.

BTW, there's a typo on Drew's website. BIG no-no.

• Like 1

IMHO :

Pubby is a BIG fish in a little pond (of vindictiveness and delusions).

G. Wolf

PS : I do not shake hands with every person I meet. Also, do not forget to add your name and W4AL to the list above for future reference.

Edited by Gray_Wolf

IMHO :

Pubby is a BIG fish in a little pond (of vindictiveness and delusions).

G. Wolf

PS : I do not shake hands with every person I meet. Also, do not forget to add your name and W4AL to the list above for future reference.

That's fine G. Wolf.

My opinion of where we need to go in politics in general is toward a more united populace. Hence, with the exception of the murderer, rapist and child molester - all of whom have lost their right to vote as a result of their conviction, I really don't have trouble shaking anyone's hand.

But what I'm interested in, G. Wolf - and maybe you can tell me since you're such a bud with DD - is he really going to file a libel suit against WFAL? Or was Dick just being a bully?

pubby

That's fine G. Wolf.

My opinion of where we need to go in politics in general is toward a more united populace. Hence, with the exception of the murderer, rapist and child molester - all of whom have lost their right to vote as a result of their conviction, I really don't have trouble shaking anyone's hand.

But what I'm interested in, G. Wolf - and maybe you can tell me since you're such a bud with DD - is he really going to file a libel suit against WFAL? Or was Dick just being a bully?

pubby

I may be considered a "bud". However, I am certainly not priviledged to what he does at home or on his job. If you must know. Then I expect that W4AL may exagerate something up to you and you can post on the Paulding Edition of the Daily Kos.

G. Wolf

PS : As for your banner implying that Mr. Donovan is soft on crime. Maybe if you go back and read the whole statement and not clip off the first line. You will see he was stating that "The death penalty is certainly appropriate in certain cases." "The District Attorney's good judgment and a sense of proportion is essential in dealing with these tough decisions." Certainly after the circus surrounding Brian Nichols. After all Brian was original there for assult/rape. My question to you. Do you want every killer to have the same circus as Brian Nichols every time? Who should pay for it? After all how long does a person given a death penalty gets put to death quickly? What maybe after 10, 15 or 20 years?

Maybe you should replace the banner with "Pubby supports Drew and you will too if you want to post here". This will get your point across and show that you are not a hateful person. You think?

Edited by Gray_Wolf

I may be considered a "bud". However, I am certainly not priviledged to what he does at home or on his job. If you must know. Then I expect that W4AL may exagerate something up to you and you can post on the Paulding Edition of the Daily Kos.

G. Wolf

PS : As for your banner implying that Mr. Donovan is soft on crime. Maybe if you go back and read the whole statement and not clip off the first line. You will see he was stating that "The death penalty is certainly appropriate in certain cases." "The District Attorney’s good judgment and a sense of proportion is essential in dealing with these tough decisions." Escpecally after the circus surronding Brian Nichols. After all Brain was original there for assult/rape. My question to you. Do you want every killer to have the same circus as Brian Nichols every time? Who should finance it ?

Maybe you should replace the banner with Pubby supports Drew and you will too if you want to post here. This will get your point across and show that you are not a hateful person. You think?

He then killed 4 people in an attempt to escape. I'm sure it was only "assult/rape" in your eyes and in DD's eyes, but the man KILLED people. What does it take to get the DP, in your opinion?

He then killed 4 people in an attempt to escape. I'm sure it was only "assult/rape" in your eyes and in DD's eyes, but the man KILLED people. What does it take to get the DP, in your opinion?

He should get the DP. But not at the cost of what a million dollars. But, you know he will sit in jail for 10 to 20 + years. So then what really makes it any different than Life without ever getting out.

I am still waiting for Manson to be put down. What about Hickley that shot John Lennon?

G. Wolf

Edited by Gray_Wolf

See W4AL,

There you go implying that I and or DD thinks it was only "assult/rape" in our eyes. (Do you ever get any quotes right without exgerating?) When I stated that Brian was original there for assult and rape. Before he went over the wall and became a killer of four people. I think I would rather be in jail for assult than murder. But then I maybe a little sane.

G. Wolf

Edited by Gray_Wolf

Good idea. I wasn't being snarky, btw...it's a legit question.

No, Mei Lan, you didn't come across as snarky.

As you can see, I'm the object of G_Wolf's dislike in this forum. Apparently I had unrealistic expectations when I hired DD to work my case. I mean, why should I be pissed that he didn't do ANY of the job I paid him to do...I should throw my support behind him because HE IS NOT THE INCUMBANT!

:rolleyes:

pubby

I'll take a bit of DD's alleged vindictiveness over the incumbent's incompetence and negligence in office any day.

• Like 3

I'll take a bit of DD's alleged vindictiveness over the incumbent's incompetence and negligence in office any day.

Glassdogs ...

I grasp you have the opinion that Drew Lane is incompetent and negligent. I have no doubt there are instances of the past six years that may even support that assertion but I don't think any are more egregious and incompetent than the unfounded, unconstitutional threat of libel that DD sent WFAL in an effort shut her up.

That was the thing that did it for me in regard to DD. I mean if he'd wiz on the first amendment, what respect would he show any of the other amendments in the bill of rights? My guess, none because as a vindictive-type personality he is motivated not by justice, not by competence, but on payback.

But before I let you slide on the assertions that Lane is incompetent or negligent, I'll quote the 98.75% conviction rate and that he did successfully prosecute more capital murder cases in the his five years than all the other DA's in the last 70 years.

If that is incompetence, I want more of it.

pubby