Paulding.com

I might bet something if I felt odds were in my favor, but you can be assured it would never be my @ss.

:)

WFAL--for the record...

PSSST...

I'm on your side.

That doesn't mean I can't find this whole thing funny.

What he did to you?

My opinion?

Unprofessional.

But this?

Tops his antics.

Ok, good. I keep getting jumped for starting sheeze that I don't start. I was on the defensive, my bad! :)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man oh, Man! Did Dick Donovan go in your corn flakes? I saw an add for Dick Donovan that said he has never won an election. Good night! The editorial you did was nice too. My response to you i

Dick is running for DA.   Dick is a bully.   Don't be a DICK.

Just so you know this, if they had just let your original statement go I would have probably voted for him. His reaction to what you said is what cost him my vote; not what you said.   Because they

Posted Images

The best part is that 90% of the people posting in this thread would have never seen the video or known much of the info in this thread except that a DD-supporter was trying to "help" by calling Pubby out...

:shakeshead:

Is ass censored?

:testingtesting123testing123:

An ass is what Jesus rode into Jerusalem on. It is also the mascot of the Democratic Party. It is only censored on Republican sites.

pubby

PS: Special. I wouldn't have done any of this if he hadn't threatened WFAL . Do you really think I am proud of being called a wideload? Hell no.

But I also knew it would bring attention - attention that was sorely lacking prior to July 20, to the issue.

Ok, good. I keep getting jumped for starting sheeze that I don't start. I was on the defensive, my bad! :)

I realize how this must have been a nightmare added to a bad dream for you.

Sorry if you thought I meant any ill will towards you. I didn't. I believe you are completely within your rights to express your displeasure with the services as a client of the man in question.

Absolutely.

The rest?

Well, someone is trying to influence voters. Maybe a number of people. Some just happen to own a public forum to do it in, and then call it all "protected."

I would never vote for DD. But...I don't vote in PC, so it doesn't matter anyway.

And after reading all of this, I am relieved that I'm about 500 ft outside of PC.

This choice sounds like it would be more painful to make than a McCain/Obama choice.

An ass is what Jesus rode into Jerusalem on. It is also the mascot of the Democratic Party. It is only censored on Republican sites.

pubby

PS: Special. I wouldn't have done any of this if he hadn't threatened WFAL . Do you really think I am proud of being called a wideload? Hell no.

But I also knew it would bring attention - attention that was sorely lacking prior to July 20, to the issue.

I'm not Special.

I'm Sp3cial.

**blush**

The third time that you're referring to is when I commented about political signs in a thread about political signs. That is not at all inappropriate. By your own admission, DD had more signs out than Plumley and Lane combined.

W4AL,

Yep, He does or did have more signs on Ridge Road (11 on Saturday). I saw 1 for Chad plus 6 for Drew equals 7.

But certainly not the 5 + to one ratio as you posted.

"Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

View Post :

Working for a Living :

I don't often go north of 278.

As for the south side, unofficially I would say there are close to 5+ DD signs for every Lane sign I see....except for the guy on 61 between New GA and Villa Rica who has Lane signs the whole length of his property. At 4 way stops, I'll see 1 Lane sign surrounded by 3-4 DD signs.

I'd be interested to see how the south side voted vs. the north side on county wide positions."

Again, showing your blind hatred and vindictiveness (because you used his signs in an exaggerated math) There were two other people not running for DA that had loads of signs on that road. They could have been used as an example.

If you are going to state your opinion as fact. Be prepared to be checked upon. But I guess, you will blame the mowers, the wind or supporters running out there to remove 19 + signs.

Just a suggestion. Listen too CeeJay advise about attorneys. I only fear that Pubby has given you enough rope to put you in trouble and is calling it free speech. But when your opinions goes into the realm of being vindictive and trying to ruin a person. (As you have stated you will feel vindicated after August 10th.) Then I wonder when does free speech cross into hate speech? Just my opinion. Something to think about. Again, you could have filed a complaint and got your point across.

I feel sorry for you...

G. Wolf

Pubby,

I suggest naming your bias (IMHO) website the following : Paulding_Edition_Daily_Kos.com

Please remove my profile off of this website/forum.

G. Wolf

Edited by Gray_Wolf

W4AL,

Yep, He does or did have more signs on Ridge Road (11 on Saturday). I saw 1 for Chad plus 6 for Drew equals 7.

But certainly not the 5 + to one ratio as you posted.

"Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

View Post :

Working for a Living :

I don't often go north of 278.

As for the south side, unofficially I would say there are close to 5+ DD signs for every Lane sign I see....except for the guy on 61 between New GA and Villa Rica who has Lane signs the whole length of his property. At 4 way stops, I'll see 1 Lane sign surrounded by 3-4 DD signs.

I'd be interested to see how the south side voted vs. the north side on county wide positions."

Again, showing your blind hatred and vindictiveness (because you used his signs in an exaggerated math) There were two other people not running for DA that had loads of signs on that road. They could have been used as an example.

If you are going to state your opinion as fact. Be prepared to be checked upon. But I guess, you will blame the mowers, the wind or supporters running out there to remove 19 + signs.

Just a suggestion. Listen too CeeJay advise about attorneys. I only fear that Pubby has given you enough rope to put you in trouble and is calling it free speech. But when your opinions goes into the realm of being vindictive and trying to ruin a person. (As you have stated you will feel vindicated after August 10th.) Then I wonder when does free speech cross into hate speech? Just my opinion. Something to think about. Again, you could have filed a complaint and got your point across.

I feel sorry for you...

G. Wolf

G. Wolf

Oh no, I exagerated. Shoot me. My statement that he has more signs than the others is still true....maybe it's the physical reaction I get when I see those signs that made me feel like there are more?

I have not posted anything about Donovan that I don't believe. I am entitled to my opinion about the "man". I am also entitled to share that opinion with others.

Either way, don't feel sorry for me. I have made one hell of a success out of my life dispite overwhelming circumstance against me.

Oh no, I exagerated. Shoot me. My statement that he has more signs than the others is still true....maybe it's the physical reaction I get when I see those signs that made me feel like there are more?

I have not posted anything about Donovan that I don't believe. I am entitled to my opinion about the "man". I am also entitled to share that opinion with others.

Either way, don't feel sorry for me. I have made one hell of a success out of my life dispite overwhelming circumstance against me.

Just so you know this, if they had just let your original statement go I would have probably voted for him. His reaction to what you said is what cost him my vote; not what you said.

Because they weren't smart enough to just let it go, I started digging into some other people's experience with him and decided he is just a horses ass. I'm not supporting a horses ass even if it is a good personality for a DA.

• Like 4

Just so you know this, if they had just let your original statement go I would have probably voted for him. His reaction to what you said is what cost him my vote; not what you said.

Because they weren't smart enough to just let it go, I started digging into some other people's experience with him and decided he is just a horses ass. I'm not supporting a horses ass even if it is a good personality for a DA.

Exactly. Donovan and his supporters are the one hurting him. This thread, for example, was started by a Donovan supporter.

Don't start none, won't be none :ninja:

I have a friend that was arrested for something and then wasn't charged (it was several years ago). He applied to have his arrest record expunged over a year ago. He is still waiting. Why does this matter? He can't find a job because they run his record and see that arrest. It isn't in the public's interest to be so far behind.
That is completely ridiculous. I am sickened that arrests show up at all. Convictions yes, arrests no.

In the example from "WideLoad", the DAs office has two years to seek an indictment after someone is arrested. Two years! Arraignments aren't nearly as hard to get in front of judge as your friend Drew would have you believe.

What happens if they don't indict within 2 years? Do they have to dismiss the charges and give the people their lives back?

If he was able to read comments on an anonymous board and tell who it was because it was so specific then it sounds like there could be a bit of truth there.

You may be on to something.

Pubby,

I suggest naming your bias (IMHO) website the following : Paulding_Edition_Daily_Kos.com

Please remove my profile off of this website/forum.

G. Wolf

Dailykos? Pcom. Dang ... I think you may belong there more than I.

See, I just got through reading DD's website about the death penalty. I assume you must agree.

Here's what he said about the death penalty.

... after the Brian Nichols trial in Atlanta the District Attorney must consider the relative benefit of seeking the death penalty, especially when the option of life-without-parole is available. Any Defendant who is given notice that the District Attorney will seek the death penalty will demand the same defense - with all the attendant expense - of the Nichol’s trial. The cost of keeping a person in prison in Georgia is $44 a day - of which Paulding County’s share is less than thirty cents. That must be compared to the multi-million dollar expense of a death penalty trial, almost all of which is paid by Paulding County taxpayers. The District Attorney’s good judgment and a sense of proportion is essential in dealing with these tough decisions.

I surmise from this that Dick might have been inclined to accept the minimum sentence for Micheal Ledford. After all, it is too expensive to ask for the death penalty.

Actually, I had one attorney say that this kind of logic is how the defense attorneys in Georgia are trying to get the death penalty off the list of punishment options ... even in the most egregious cases. It doesn't matter that Dick says there is a place for the death penalty, it would seem to me that he's kind of soft on crime. I mean, you don't leave 32 years of experience as criminal defense attorney behind in an instant. In essence Dick's life has been three years as cop and 32 years doing his best to keep criminals on the street ... and off death row.

The point is that Drew Lane is by and away the most conservative candidate in this race and Donovan, well, my position on the death penalty is about the same as his. If he weren't Dick, I'd probably have voted for him.

pubby

good lawd LOL :unsure:

CeeJay that name does not fit you change it back :pardon:

I don't know, I am a wider load than I was in my 20's. Lol. I will change it back eventually. A name is nothing and it only offends you if you allow it. That's why we teach "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" to children. Because it doesn't really matter unless you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, or make people agree with your politics over a BS reason. I wouldn't have been able to film my response if someone called me that to my face, but I wouldn't have held onto it as a big hurt or political issue, either. Total straw man.

I am worried about the criminal justice system in this county. It is broken. I want it corrected. I don't want someone who will dump a lot of cases (dead dockets) and then call them "cleared". Yeah, they are "cleared", but those people never got their day in court. Guilty or innocent, they never got to say. THAT is a constitutional issue, not how much sheeze you can talk about someone and not be sued.

I am not a political animal. Honestly, this thread IS distasteful and destructive. But, I felt it wasn't fair to all concerned, so I opened my big mouth.

• Like 1

I surmise from this that Dick might have been inclined to accept the minimum sentence for Micheal Ledford. After all, it is too expensive to ask for the death penalty.

pubby

Because of crap like this. Yeah, use a horrendous murderer as an example and then suggest that's what DD would have done. Wow. And some people will fall for this.

Because of crap like this. Yeah, use a horrendous murderer as an example and then suggest that's what DD would have done. Wow. And some people will fall for this.

DD's website (according to Pubby) had comments about Brian Nichols and the death penalty. Nichols killed WAY more people. Are those not horrendous? One would assume that his opinions about those murders would be reflected in his opinions about local murders. Unless they're less horrendous because they happened in Atlanta and the murderer was black and small town Paulding expects that from "those" people?

DD's website (according to Pubby) had comments about Brian Nichols and the death penalty. Nichols killed WAY more people. Are those not horrendous? One would assume that his opinions about those murders would be reflected in his opinions about local murders. Unless they're less horrendous because they happened in Atlanta and the murderer was black and small town Paulding expects that from "those" people?

Race card?

I hate when I get sucked in to someone else's BS. That is exactly what happened here, but I am comfortable with the side I was defending.

I hope my fellow citizens won't fall for inflammatory BS. Don't make your decisions so cheaply. Prove that you are able to think for yourself and not be so easily led. Make sure the right things matter to you as an adult, not as a gossipy hen. JMO.

• Like 1

Race card?

Cheap shot.

Just trying to draw parallels between the two cases. DD is basically saying (according to the previous quote) that the DA in Atlanta wasted taxpayer money by pushing for the death penalty and even tried to drive the point home by calculating Paulding's piece of it.

The way I interpret Pubby's comments were that if he felt this way about Brian Nichols, who killed 4? people and was found guilty on 54 counts worth of charges, then he most likely would not have persued the death penalty in the local case involving Micheal Ledford, who only killed 1 person. By comparason, it's much less horrendous.

Careful, she may be exaggerating again.

G. Wolf

I thought you were done with pcom?

Maybe you were just being dramatic.

:drinks:

I hate when I get sucked in to someone else's BS. That is exactly what happened here, but I am comfortable with the side I was defending.

I hope my fellow citizens won't fall for inflammatory BS. Don't make your decisions so cheaply. Prove that you are able to think for yourself and not be so easily led. Make sure the right things matter to you as an adult, not as a gossipy hen. JMO.

Like I said before, it's not what WFAL or Pubby said, it is the response from the candidate that changed my mind.

If you can go back to the last election you will see that I backed Donovan. Drew Lane hasn't changed, my perception of Mr. Donovan has changed. And politics is all about perception and marketing. Mr. Donovan did a piss poor job of marketing himself in this election.

What he said.

We are about to find out just how deep this crapper is.

Nah. What's left to say?

At the end of the day, we all vote alone. We can vote for who we want and even lie about it later if we want.

It's difficult trying to be the voice of reason and not give in to hysteria or hyperbole. I've stated my motives. My conscience is clear. See you at the polls!

Nah. What's left to say?

At the end of the day, we all vote alone. We can vote for who we want and even lie about it later if we want.

It's difficult trying to be the voice of reason and not give in to hysteria or hyperbole. I've stated my motives. My conscience is clear. See you at the polls!

I still :wub: you no matter how you vote.

If you can go back to the last election you will see that I backed Donovan. Drew Lane hasn't changed, my perception of Mr. Donovan has changed. And politics is all about perception and marketing. Mr. Donovan did a piss poor job of marketing himself in this election.

I must concur with this. He is a piss-poor politician. I think that is his strength. lol.

I still like everybody who posted in this thread. No hard feelings. Politics is a dirty business.

I still :wub: you no matter how you vote.

Hahahaha. We posted that at the same time!

Me,too, sweetie. I understand your need, I just care more about you as a person. :wub:

Well, as much as PUBBY is endorsing Drew Lane, he won't get my vote.

And the drama continues............

I haven't endorsed him. I kind of agree with Donovan on the death penalty issue but then I'm a liberal and Lane isn't.

pubby

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that you've rolled around on the floor laughing bellaprincess, I'll simply add that no one is perfect.

Before Dick Donovan showed he is more interested in being a bully than abiding by the first amendment (his letter to WFAL) I was leaning for Drew but was not committed. I was probably going to vote for Drew because I've known him a long time and frankly we're friends, but - and folks should know that I can, if it is better for the city, county state of nation, vote against a person I consider a friend. I wouldn't tell them, but my duty to my fellow man requires I vote for the best candidate.

Had there been no wideload, had there been no absurd letter to WFAL, had DD treated me not as an object of ridicule waving me off, it was possible that I could vote for him, especially if I had seen the piece by Donovan on the death penalty, which is my greatest issue with Drew. Would that have been enough for me to hesitate in the voting booth and cast my lot with Dick? There is a chance.

But frankly, after Dicks' letter to WFAL, I don't see any choice in this race but Drew. That is not an endorsement, it is simply reality.

pubby

Now that you've rolled around on the floor laughing bellaprincess, I'll simply add that no one is perfect.

Before Dick Donovan showed he is more interested in being a bully than abiding by the first amendment (his letter to WFAL) I was leaning for Drew but was not committed. I was probably going to vote for Drew because I've known him a long time and frankly we're friends, but - and folks should know that I can, if it is better for the city, county state of nation, vote against a person I consider a friend. I wouldn't tell them, but my duty to my fellow man requires I vote for the best candidate.

Had there been no wideload, had there been no absurd letter to WFAL, had DD treated me not as an object of ridicule waving me off, it was possible that I could vote for him, especially if I had seen the piece by Donovan on the death penalty, which is my greatest issue with Drew. Would that have been enough for me to hesitate in the voting booth and cast my lot with Dick? There is a chance.

But frankly, after Dicks' letter to WFAL, I don't see any choice in this race but Drew. That is not an endorsement, it is simply reality.

pubby

You can vote for anyone you want for any reason you want, but "not endorsing" Drew did give me a good laugh! I know all your reasoning's and how you came to them (they have played out in many a thread on this board) it was struck me as funny when you are blatantly stating DD will not be good at the job, well then DL is the only one left. Your reality equals your endorsement in my and I am sure others eyes.

Bella

BTW: I do think DD should not have called you a name, that is not nice at all.

You can vote for anyone you want for any reason you want, but "not endorsing" Drew did give me a good laugh! I know all your reasoning's and how you came to them (they have played out in many a thread on this board) it was struck me as funny when you are blatantly stating DD will not be good at the job, well then DL is the only one left. Your reality equals your endorsement in my and I am sure others eyes.

Bella

BTW: I do think DD should not have called you a name, that is not nice at all.

It is not that he called me a name ... it is that he calls anyone names. If I were an Indian (from India) would he have called me Macaca, If I were of hispanic orgin, would he call me wetback? If I were skinny, would he call me bean pole? If I were a woman, would he call me broad? If I were Italian, would he call me meatball? if I were Jewish, black ... you get the picture. That he called me a name is just representative of the level of respect he holds toward his fellow citizens.

You could say, well, he figured I was going to vote for his opponent but that doesn't change the fact that if he is elected, he would be the DA for all the people. One of the things we really should expect from our politicians is the ability to rise above the cacophony and be big enough to demonstrate they can serve all the people with something approaching genuine respect.

pubby

It is not that he called me a name ... it is that he calls anyone names. If I were an Indian (from India) would he have called me Macaca, If I were of hispanic orgin, would he call me wetback? If I were skinny, would he call me bean pole? If I were a woman, would he call me broad? If I were Italian, would he call me meatball? if I were Jewish, black ... you get the picture. That he called me a name is just representative of the level of respect he holds toward his fellow citizens.

You could say, well, he figured I was going to vote for his opponent but that doesn't change the fact that if he is elected, he would be the DA for all the people. One of the things we really should expect from our politicians is the ability to rise above the cacophony and be big enough to demonstrate they can serve all the people with something approaching genuine respect.

pubby

It's not that what you are saying is wrong, I agree with you about the name calling. It's the histrionics to which I object. He called you "wideload" and now you are saying he calls Jews, blacks, and hispanics names. The drama is a big turnoff. You don't just state a well-thoughout opinion, you bastardize it by magnifying every slight into a crime of epic proportions. Your truth is lost along the way.

Who hasn't been called a name or called someone else a name ever in their life? Good thing I don't have a dashcam when I'm driving on Camp Creek because I'm sure I make up new names.

For the man who claims nobody is perfect, you are sure perpetuating his slip in manners.