Paulding.com

We get it Pubster. 7 pages (not counting other threads) of "DD isn't as bad as you say" and 7 pages of you replying "oh yes he is". 7 pages of DL is a nice, bumbling, buffoon met with but he's still not as bad as DD.

dirol.gif

You are welcome to your opinion Madea.

I know of several attorneys who have reported that Donovan will not even shake their hand because they didn't support him in this bid for DA.

pubby

Yes, I am. And it is 180 degrees from yours. Please list those attorneys. Or are they in the same category as the mysterious judge who is mucking up the system?

• Like 2
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man oh, Man! Did Dick Donovan go in your corn flakes? I saw an add for Dick Donovan that said he has never won an election. Good night! The editorial you did was nice too. My response to you i

Dick is running for DA.   Dick is a bully.   Don't be a DICK.

Just so you know this, if they had just let your original statement go I would have probably voted for him. His reaction to what you said is what cost him my vote; not what you said.   Because they

Posted Images

Glassdogs ...

I grasp you have the opinion that Drew Lane is incompetent and negligent. I have no doubt there are instances of the past six years that may even support that assertion but I don't think any are more egregious and incompetent than the unfounded, unconstitutional threat of libel that DD sent WFAL in an effort shut her up.

That was the thing that did it for me in regard to DD. I mean if he'd wiz on the first amendment, what respect would he show any of the other amendments in the bill of rights? My guess, none because as a vindictive-type personality he is motivated not by justice, not by competence, but on payback.

But before I let you slide on the assertions that Lane is incompetent or negligent, I'll quote the 98.75% conviction rate and that he did successfully prosecute more capital murder cases in the his five years than all the other DA's in the last 70 years.

If that is incompetence, I want more of it.

pubby

Of those that actually went to trial. Could I get a number for that? While 98.75% is impressive on its own, the real number of cases tried verses didn't even make it (waiting too long for various reasons given in these threads) would seem important to me. :pardon:

Glassdogs ...

But before I let you slide on the assertions that Lane is incompetent or negligent, I'll quote the 98.75% conviction rate and that he did successfully prosecute more capital murder cases in the his five years than all the other DA's in the last 70 years.

If that is incompetence, I want more of it.

pubby

Let me slide? OK, Pat, whatever. You are beginning to sound like Robert Gibbs in training with all the spin. Aren't you getting dizzy?

If I had the luxury of picking and choosing what cases I wanted to prosecute and which ones I was willing to let languish, I'd have a 100% conviction rate, and I'm not even an attorney. Now, if you add back the 3000 or more cases that DL has just let expire because of his dilatory lack of action, and the 2500 or so that are still in the system, that alleged conviction rate of his is down in the teens. That one capital murder case could have been won by a first-year law student. It was as open and shut as any case could have been. And what was it, two years or more before it finally got to trial?

I was told by a former ADA that DL manages to show up for work 2 or 3 days a week, usually about 10:00 in the morning and leaves early.

I'm not particularly a fan of DD, but I think ANYBODY could do a better job than the slug that currently holds office. A phrase referring to the value of mammary glands on boar hogs comes to mind.

Edited by Glassdogs
  • Like 1

Let me slide? OK, Pat, whatever. You are beginning to sound like Robert Gibbs in training with all the spin. Aren't you getting dizzy?

If I had the luxury of picking and choosing what cases I wanted to prosecute and which ones I was willing to let languish, I'd have a 100% conviction rate, and I'm not even an attorney. Now, if you add back the 3000 or more cases that DL has just let expire because of his dilatory lack of action, and the 2500 or so that are still in the system, that alleged conviction rate of his is down in the teens. That one capital murder case could have been won by a first-year law student. It was as open and shut as any case could have been. And what was it, two years or more before it finally got to trial?

I was told by a former ADA that DL manages to show up for work 2 or 3 days a week, usually about 10:00 in the morning and leaves early.

I'm not particularly a fan of DD, but I think ANYBODY could do a better job than the slug that currently holds office. A phrase referring to the value of mammary glands on boar hogs comes to mind.

I don't know Drew Lane personally, but I used to work in the Paulding DA's office, so I know many of the people in the Paulding Court system. I won't criticize Pubby here, or WFAL, or Drew Lane, or anybody else for that matter, but I have known Mr. Donovan for 25 years and I have personal knowledge of some of his specific plan for reorganizing the DA's office, which will include structured, direct, regular contact with (and input from) the law enforcement officers who investigate and institute the cases in the Courts. As I have said in other topic threads recently and I will now say on this, the most confrontational thread of all, if anybody wants to contact me through Paulding.com or directly I will be happy to explain what I know about all that and how I know it. My contact information, name, and history in the court system is set out in my profile.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

I don't know Drew Lane personally, but I used to work in the Paulding DA's office, so I know many of the people in the Paulding Court system. I won't criticize Pubby here, or WFAL, or Drew Lane, or anybody else for that matter, but I have known Mr. Donovan for 25 years and I have personal knowledge of some of his specific plan for reorganizing the DA's office, which will include structured, direct, regular contact with (and input from) the law enforcement officers who investigate and institute the cases in the Courts. As I have said in other topic threads recently and I will now say on this, the most confrontational thread of all, if anybody wants to contact me through Paulding.com or directly I will be happy to explain what I know about all that and how I know it. My contact information, name, and history in the court system is set out in my profile.

I have refrained from posting in this thread because I no longer vote in Paulding, as it would appear that you don't either. However, I do know Drew Lane and I have met Dick Donovan in the past. I have always found Drew Lane to be honest, intelligent and to work in the best interest of Paulding County and the DA's office.

It appears to me that your sudden interest in the campaign and your continued listing of your past qualifications, that you have a special deal worked to your advantage with Donovan, should he win. I'm just curious because it certainly has that smell to it.

• Like 1

I have refrained from posting in this thread because I no longer vote in Paulding, as it would appear that you don't either. However, I do know Drew Lane and I have met Dick Donovan in the past. I have always found Drew Lane to be honest, intelligent and to work in the best interest of Paulding County and the DA's office.

It appears to me that your sudden interest in the campaign and your continued listing of your past qualifications, that you have a special deal worked to your advantage with Donovan, should he win. I'm just curious because it certainly has that smell to it.

I have responded with a direct communication to Hi-ho Silver -- at least I tried to, but I am still getting used to navigating this site -- as I have indicated I would do for any p.com member who would like to contact me. As I have said before, my actual identification and contact information are listed on my profile.

Hi-ho Silver: Please let me know if you didn't get my email. If you (or anybody else) would prefer that I publish the information generally, I will be happy to do so. From my posts on the "What is the Truth (Drew Lane Popup Ad)" thread yesterday (and the responses), it should be clear that nobody is hiding anything. Thanks.

Steve Messinger

Edited by xjudge98
Guest Hi~ho Silver

I have responded with a direct communication to Hi-ho Silver -- at least I tried to, but I am still getting used to navigating this site -- as I have indicated I would do for any p.com member who would like to contact me. As I have said before, my actual identification and contact information are listed on my profile.

Hi-ho Silver: Please let me know if you didn't get my email. Thanks.

Steve Messinger

Steve, I didn't get the e-mail.

Well, since Pubby has suggested that 1/2 the staff is leaving if Donovan wins, I see him being proactive as a good thing.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

Sorry, Hi-ho Silver. I guess I wouldn't make a very good Tonto. I'll try again.

Steve

No problem, Tonto's spot is taken already. Sent a PM back to you. Thanks for your response.

This whole thing is beginning to reek of good ole boy with all the specific endorsements!

It's beginning to stink like the formation of a new cartel, all the way up to the District 19 seat. dry.gif

• Like 1

That is silly.

Cartels are business associations that violate anti-trust.

What is going on here is the drama created by internal divisions within the Republican party, which is practically the only party in the county.

On one side you have the adults and on the other you have the zealots, bomb-throwers and reactionaries whose concept of government is so jaded, they think that since they seek to install their own 'cartel,' those who oppose them must be a 'cartel.'

Bottom line, they wouldn't know good government if it smacked them in the face.

pubby

That is silly.

What is going on here is the drama created by internal divisions within the Republican party, which is practically the only party in the county.

On one side you have the adults and on the other you have the zealots, bomb-throwers and reactionaries whose concept of government is so jaded, they think that since they seek to install their own 'cartel,' those who oppose them must be a 'cartel.'

pubby

You can make your point without be insulting to those that do not agree with you. :glare:

I believe, as many I have spoke with do, that some of these endorsements just reek of a new network being formed. It is as if people are being hand picked so things will be as they want. I personally do not want in fighting on our board, but I do not want a bunch of yes men/women either. There needs to be some kind of balance and at this point with all the "I will give up my paycheck", "I fully endorse" advertisement and calls, well seems to me that something is up. I am outside any political circle of paulding peeps, so I just look at the info given and received, no personal connections.

• Like 1

You can make your point without be insulting to those that do not agree with you. :glare:

I believe, as many I have spoke with do, that some of these endorsements just reek of a new network being formed. It is as if people are being hand picked so things will be as they want. I personally do not want in fighting on our board, but I do not want a bunch of yes men/women either. There needs to be some kind of balance and at this point with all the "I will give up my paycheck", "I fully endorse" advertisement and calls, well seems to me that something is up. I am outside any political circle of paulding peeps, so I just look at the info given and received, no personal connections.

IMO, it's like Palin endorsing Handel...many people vote for who other people tell them to vote for. WTF does a former Alaskan gooberner care about GA gooberners? I feel what you're saying, though.

IMO, it's like Palin endorsing Handel...many people vote for who other people tell them to vote for. WTF does a former Alaskan gooberner care about GA gooberners? I feel what you're saying, though.

LOL. I have to agree on that! I have no clue to why she would endorse a woman from GA, unless it is just the fact she is a woman? Who knows?

That is silly.

pubby

Your repeated attempts today to be insulting to me are simply futile. Call it whatever you wish, my name isn't anywhere on any political party rolls in this county. I've never thrown a bomb. And those that truly know me have never called me either a zealot or a reactionary.

That is silly.

pubby

Talk about being an asshole....WOW anyone else you care to insult? OH and want them to PAY you for the privilege of doing it? Very smart businessman... By what you have said about DD you and him must be two of a kind,

• Like 1

Talk about being an asshole....WOW anyone else you care to insult? OH and want them to PAY you for the privilege of doing it? Very smart businessman... By what you have said about DD you and him must be two of a kind,

Please note. Not currently a paying member. drinks.gif

If it were, would it be kinda like saying "thank you sir, may I have another?" rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Edited by Madea

Your repeated attempts today to be insulting to me are simply futile. Call it whatever you wish, my name isn't anywhere on any political party rolls in this county. I've never thrown a bomb. And those that truly know me have never called me either a zealot or a reactionary.

Madea:

I didn't say you had.

My comments were observations about the state of the local Republican party which seems dominated by folks like those mentioned by others.

I think that Pownall, Barnett and Crowe are all independent men and no one's stooge, proxy or henchman. They are all grown men and judging from their current positions as self-employed individuals, they've got no practice as cowtowing.

I believe they know and are acquainted with the other folks. That they are similar in view point is just the nature of demographics.

What I'm finding crazy is that I get the idea that these kinds of community leaders are not the right kind of people according to the local Republican party. Rather, the official party and apparatus seem to prefer political 'true believers' who are ideologically, politically and economically correct to community leaderes with broad civic involvement and not.

pubby

I know this to be true Madea. I am glad that some folks just do what they believe in because they want good government.

By all accounts, Barnett, Cochran, Crowe and Pownall are all worthy candidates. I haven't seen anyone that represents the Paulding Republican party say otherwise. Instead of beating these folks into the ground, we should be grateful they put themselves out there to run for office.

ummmmmmmm, because she's a woman and a Republican?