Paulding.com

I'm photographing my first wedding

Congratulations!!

I've photographed some weddings in the past -- quite naturally, get some of the expected / formal photos of the bride, groom, and family.....Along with that, casual / candid photos of family members, especially kids, and friends capturing their happiness on the "big day!"

I want to know stories about the photographer that photographed your wedding. Whether its a good or bad story. I'm hoping to learn from other photographers through your story that have made mistakes or things that they did not capture. Thank you in advance for your stories I greatly appreciate it.

I am very impressed that you are concerned in doing a great job for your client and asking these questions - you will do well!

We had the luxury of having a family friend who is a professional photographer so he knew a lot about me and my husband personally. He was able to capture great photos of us with people very important to us including our family, friends, soroity sisters, fraternity brothers, etc. There were many times that he was there taking pictures and I didn't know it- impromptu photos are the best!

Congratulations!!

I've photographed some weddings in the past -- quite naturally, get some of the expected / formal photos of the bride, groom, and family.....Along with that, casual / candid photos of family members, especially kids, and friends capturing their happiness on the "big day!"

Thanks MillCreek Web Design. The bride was not going to have a photographer she was going to have her guests and take pictures with their digital and disposable cameras.

I am very impressed that you are concerned in doing a great job for your client and asking these questions - you will do well!

We had the luxury of having a family friend who is a professional photographer so he knew a lot about me and my husband personally. He was able to capture great photos of us with people very important to us including our family, friends, soroity sisters, fraternity brothers, etc. There were many times that he was there taking pictures and I didn't know it- impromptu photos are the best!

Thanks I'm good at the candid and creative about poses but I've always heard about how photographers have messed up, that is what makes me nervous. The bride's friend said her photographer batteries died, and that he only brought one memory card. So I will have a lot of batteries and just bought another memory card.

Thanks MillCreek Web Design. The bride was not going to have a photographer she was going to have her guests and take pictures with their digital and disposable cameras.

Thanks I'm good at the candid and creative about poses but I've always heard about how photographers have messed up, that is what makes me nervous. The bride's friend said her photographer batteries died, and that he only brought one memory card. So I will have a lot of batteries and just bought another memory card.

I think with your foresight, passion and determination that you will do a great job. Best of luck to you!

My photographer took pictures of the church and reception venue prior to people arriving. I love being able to look back and see how beautiful they were! (I even have pics of the table settings, centerpieces, close ups of the unity candle, each tier of the cake, etc...) Things I remember, but didn't really get to look at in detail that day.

My photographer took pictures of the church and reception venue prior to people arriving. I love being able to look back and see how beautiful they were! (I even have pics of the table settings, centerpieces, close ups of the unity candle, each tier of the cake, etc...) Things I remember, but didn't really get to look at in detail that day.

Bella I had planned on the centerpieces but not the unity candle. Good idea thank you. I always take a picture of a place at an event I have always thought that it was important, sometimes I or the camera sees things differently then the client.

I'm probably the only one on the board who used the Dixie Speedway track photographer for my wedding. rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

However, the wedding pictures were great. BUT, he LEFT to go to another event and we were left with his wife for the reception. I was very disappointed with those. :( My reception pics were more like snapshots anyone could have taken than really capturing the event.

Wedding Photography Shot List-50 Must have shots

Prep Shots – Bride & Groom

The Dress – Hanging or Draped

The North Window Shot – Bride facing out northern most window

Bride walking down stairs

Bride looking out (window or door)

Maid of Honor & Brides Mom – Zipping Dress

Bride Applying Make Up

Groom Fixing Hair

Grooms Father & Best Man – Attaching Boutonnière to grooms lapel

Groom Checking the Time

Groom with Grooms Men & Fathers

Bride with Bridesmaids & Mothers

Bride with Mother & Father (also grandparents)

Groom with Mother & Father (also grandparents)

Bride Limo – Groom Limo

Bride & Groom – Exiting Limo (Bride being helped out)

Groom waiting at altar

Church Wide Shot (with & without guests)

Bride walking down aisle ( Side Profile & Front )

Father giving away bride

Groom over the shoulder shot of bride ( & Vis Versa)

Holding hands – Bride and Groom

Bride & Groom Kiss

Bride & Groom Leaving Church ( Receiving Line)

Bride & Groom – Inside Limo Shot

Reception/Banquet Hall Outside shot

Food Shots (Cocktail Hour, Drinks, etc.)

Shot of each table full of guests

Shots of Bride & Groom with & without family

Bride and Groom Portraits

Bride & Groom with Bridesmaids & Groomsmen

Bride and Groom Hand & Ring Portraits

First Dance

Bride & Father Dance

Groom & Mother Dance

Bouquet Toss

Guarder Belt Toss

Cake Cutting, Bride and Groom Feeding each other

Misc. Guests Dancing

Bride & Groom Eating

Best Man & Maid of Honor Toast/Speeches

Bride & Groom Toast/Speeches

Centerpieces & Flower/Decorations

Guestbook Signatures

Small Children Dancing with Bride & Groom

Bride & Groom’s Parents Dancing (Plus Grandparents)

Venetian Hour Photos (Coffee, Ice Cream, Etc)

Bride & Groom giving away wedding favors

Groom Giving Coat to Bride

Bride & Groom “Just Married” Vehicle – Driving Away

Read more: http://digital-photography-school.com/50-must-have-wedding-photography-shots#ixzz0uZMGxZAU

Here are a few suggestions that I didn't see on the list, I couldn't come up with anymore (it's too late!!) sooo, I cheated and googled Wedding Photography Shot List:

Bride & Grooms Mothers lighting the Unity Candles

Bride and Groom lighting the Unity Candles

Pictures of the Grooms Cake

Pictures of the Bride, Maid of Honor & Bridesmaids, on the floor with their heads side by side, all in a circle, with their bouquets on their chest (or between their heads at the ears) and take a picture from above.

Pictures of the Couple with the Minister/Preacher/Rabbi or whomever.

pictures of the Bride tossing the Bouquet

Pictures of the Groom tossing the Garter

Pictures of the Bride with her Father, as the door of the Church is opened and the look on her face when she sees the audience/attendees

Picture of the Father handing off his Daughters Hand to the Groom

Picture of the father as he removes the veil from his Daughters Face

Picture of the Bride & Groom as the Minister/Preacher/Rabbi introduces the Newlywed Couple to the audience/attendees

This is an excellent site that has a lot of ideas, no www. is needed, just the http://, Good Luck!!!

weddings.about.com/od/photographer/a/Photogchecklist.htm

If there are champagne glasses engraved for the bride and groom, a nice photo would be a macro shot of the engraving while there is some sparkly champagne in them.

From my own wedding photos, I love the shots of hubby and I walking down the aisle out of the sanctuary just after the ceremony..we both have big smiles. These were not staged, they were the real thing. Same thing goes for the photo of me walking up the aisle on my father's arm.

When our daughter got married the photographer came to the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner and took pictures. Just candid shots. Nothing posed or planned. It was fun and the pics are great!

The thing I loved about my photographer was that we didn't see her. Of course we got the standard posed shots along with the wedding party, but most of the time we didn't even notice she was there - and we got som GREAT pics. Of course the whole night she was working. The night of your wedding you are so distracted with everything going on, and everyone pulling you in 100 different directions, having your picture taken is an after thought.

Thank you everyone for your comments I greatly appreciate it. I'm so nervous but then excited about doing this wedding. I'm offering my services so that I can get the practices the bride was going to have her guests take the pictures. I will be posting the pictures so you can see. Once again thank you so much for your comments.:drinks:

I'm probably the only one on the board who used the Dixie Speedway track photographer for my wedding. rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

However, the wedding pictures were great. BUT, he LEFT to go to another event and we were left with his wife for the reception. I was very disappointed with those. :( My reception pics were more like snapshots anyone could have taken than really capturing the event.

LOL Madea. I was with my best friend and her boy friend when he asked her to marry him at DIXIE SPEEDWAY. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

You'll do fine, I've seen your work and you do a great job. Just look for those moments that should be remembered and capture those because the bride and groom will be busy, but they will be able to look at the pictures and relive those moments they missed! Good Luck.

I want to know stories about the photographer that photographed your wedding. Whether its a good or bad story. I'm hoping to learn from other photographers through your story that have made mistakes or things that they did not capture. Thank you in advance for your stories I greatly appreciate it.

dont forget to get a picture of the cake... and the traditional bride and groom hands with the rings

:lol: I had a crime scene photographer for my wedding!