Paulding.com

How about a civil discussion on the 19th district race

You called them BOE impact fees, giving me the impression that the fees would be directly imposed by the BOE. This will in fact require a constitutional amendment, since the power to tax is constitutionally limited to "the governing authority of any county or municipality" (this has been my understanding for some time. Any GA. Constitutional scholars are welcome to step in here and correct me if I'm wrong). If you meant that the BOC can impose fees and pass those funds on to the education fund, then I suppose that could be done legislatively. That still requires a cooperative BOC. However those fees still could not be used to fund schools or education in general without changing the current law:

You are correct, as the law is written now, it is pretty much useless for school growth. Special interests gutted it before it passed withholding the ability to charge for schools, one of the most expensive parts of supporting a home.

Four years ago, those concerned about the $125 million bond being realized that if the county's taxpayers were not to see *another* bond of that size every 5 years or so, something needed to be done.

I wrote Sen Heath about the issue and he wrote back that Jerry's BOC had shown no interest in Impact Fees, they were quite happy with the BOE being the heavy and having to fight for bonds the taxpayer pays for. It seems to me that I guess their builder buddies were not interested in having to charge their customers for it. Understandable, but it dumped the cost on the taxpayer (me). Those taxpayers elected them, not the builders, they should have remembered that. Sen Heath made it clear that the state reps would not work on changes unless the local BOC/BOE asked for it.

What makes it critical in my mind is that at this time is that the bond passing and this current slowdown in population growth has given us an ideal situation to get this county prepared for growth for the next 20 years *without* soaking the taxpayers.

The bond has allowed the BOE to get the school system caught up with classrooms, which is a requirement before starting up an impact fee. (As Sen Heath pointed out, you can't have the fee from a new buyer paying for past expenses) Now, if our state representatives can work towards getting the impact fee law changed from the useless mess it is now into a workable law, the the BOC/BOE could impliment fees on new home development to build reserves for future school growth *without* sticking existing taxpayers with the entire bill for newcomers to the county. The ESPLOST could then be used to cover some of the funds and for building remodel and other capital needs within the system. At that point, the need for bonds should be very small or non-existent.

The key to it all however is we need a BOE, BOC and state representatives that are *not* beholden to the developers and builders who prefer the taxpayers pay the bill for them.

I can't vote in the 19th, but I urge that those of you that do, please check the candidate's stance on this important issue. As for me, I am in the 4th district so I will be asking Mr Crowe and Mr Barnett their views on this subject.

JMHO

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A state rep being for the Fair Tax is like a state rep discussing what our national policy with the Russians should be. It doesn't mean a thing because the state rep has zero influence on that. Talkin

Surepip,   Not sure your following the GOP like you say.   Your quote: The Old Guard in the Paulding GOP have stepped away from their elected roles within the party; and are actively campaignin

Believe what you want.   Jerry and some of the GOP Old Guard, and the RBMDs are very much hard at work to elect Braddock and Cochran. This is their, hopefully, Custer's Last Stand.   They are inde

Posted Images

:o

Love conquers all. I still dig you. lol.

I like Avery's attitude regarding my personal circumstances. I think he understands a majority of us:

"The working middle class sustains Paulding County. I believe we need to focus on policy measures that strengthen the power that you have, and make sure that every Paulding County resident can find work. The economic crisis we now find ourselves in has affected the working middle class the most, and legislative action under the Gold Dome must reflect the needs of the heart of Paulding County."

He is absolutely right. The poor aren't as affected because they still get the benefits they were receiving before things went south. The rich can weather this storm. It is the middle class workers who are endangered by our current situation. I think he gets that.

I have disassociated myself from parties/movements/idealists as of late. I am going to vote my conscience independently, no matter what party lines I cross.

I like your post. Maybe that is something we all should consider, we do seem to be more party oriented than people and America oriented. We just need good sound ideas. I have never known the people of the United States so bitter and so divided. Sometimes I am afraid that in the future we will be like the countries we see on the news that are always divided and resort to violence among each other.

I like your post. Maybe that is something we all should consider, we do seem to be more party oriented than people and America oriented. We just need good sound ideas. I have never known the people of the United States so bitter and so divided. Sometimes I am afraid that in the future we will be like the countries we see on the news that are always divided and resort to violence among each other.

We've always been divided along party lines. This is nothing new. The election of Jefferson was so nasty that it makes what we see today like a middle school class president straw poll.

You are correct, as the law is written now, it is pretty much useless for school growth. Special interests gutted it before it passed withholding the ability to charge for schools, one of the most expensive parts of supporting a home.

Four years ago, those concerned about the $125 million bond being realized that if the county's taxpayers were not to see *another* bond of that size every 5 years or so, something needed to be done.

I wrote Sen Heath about the issue and he wrote back that Jerry's BOC had shown no interest in Impact Fees, they were quite happy with the BOE being the heavy and having to fight for bonds the taxpayer pays for. It seems to me that I guess their builder buddies were not interested in having to charge their customers for it. Understandable, but it dumped the cost on the taxpayer (me). Those taxpayers elected them, not the builders, they should have remembered that. Sen Heath made it clear that the state reps would not work on changes unless the local BOC/BOE asked for it.

What makes it critical in my mind is that at this time is that the bond passing and this current slowdown in population growth has given us an ideal situation to get this county prepared for growth for the next 20 years *without* soaking the taxpayers.

The bond has allowed the BOE to get the school system caught up with classrooms, which is a requirement before starting up an impact fee. (As Sen Heath pointed out, you can't have the fee from a new buyer paying for past expenses) Now, if our state representatives can work towards getting the impact fee law changed from the useless mess it is now into a workable law, the the BOC/BOE could impliment fees on new home development to build reserves for future school growth *without* sticking existing taxpayers with the entire bill for newcomers to the county. The ESPLOST could then be used to cover some of the funds and for building remodel and other capital needs within the system. At that point, the need for bonds should be very small or non-existent.

The key to it all however is we need a BOE, BOC and state representatives that are *not* beholden to the developers and builders who prefer the taxpayers pay the bill for them.

I can't vote in the 19th, but I urge that those of you that do, please check the candidate's stance on this important issue. As for me, I am in the 4th district so I will be asking Mr Crowe and Mr Barnett their views on this subject.

JMHO

I agree, it is a very important issue. I believe we have discussed it before, but it needs to be resurrected as an issue during this election. I am torn on whether or not to allow the BOE direct power to implement a development tax. Development and zonimg decisions are rightfully the responsibility of the BOC, and the ability to directly implement an impact fee could be used as a defacto veto power by the BOE. I am, however 100% behind the ability for a county or municipality to use impact fees for school related capital expenditures. I am also for ending the draconian rules that have to be followed to implement an impact fee of any kind. The hoops are ridiculous.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/fulltext/sr522.htm

http://www.uga.edu/coastalnemo/Documents/Literature/Impact_fees_GA_2007.pdf

I agree, it is a very important issue. I believe we have discussed it before, but it needs to be resurrected as an issue during this election. I am torn on whether or not to allow the BOE direct power to implement a development tax. Development and zonimg decisions are rightfully the responsibility of the BOC, and the ability to directly implement an impact fee could be used as a defacto veto power by the BOE. I am, however 100% behind the ability for a county or municipality to use impact fees for school related capital expenditures. I am also for ending the draconian rules that have to be followed to implement an impact fee of any kind. The hoops are ridiculous.

http://www.legis.sta...ltext/sr522.htm

http://www.uga.edu/c...ees_GA_2007.pdf

But, with the request by the BOC, our legislators could introduce legislation which could attach impact fees to building permits and in the future to new developments. The RBMDs have gotten a free ride on the backs of the taxpayers for the past 12 years, thank you very much to Jerry Shearin and Bill Carruth. It is time for those who make the money on housing, when housing is an ongoing industry again, to pay for their fair share. And this is indeed something our legislators can take care of. Are you listening Howard,.....and the candidates ?

We've always been divided along party lines. This is nothing new. The election of Jefferson was so nasty that it makes what we see today like a middle school class president straw poll.

Yet look where it's gotten us...

No matter how long it's been this way it has obviously not worked and is not going to.

Time for people to grow up, get a grip and demand a government that works as it should - no more, no less.

Now, add to this mix:

The Paulding GOP is also bitterly divided.

King Jerry and his RBMDs are scared of the current situation both with the District 19 Seat and the 2 Commission Posts. Bare in mind, they have had Kirby to keep them informed as to what was going on behind any closed door meetings.

When it came to a showdown after David Austin took office and wanted to replace Beverly Cochran, 3 commissioners voted NO, basically telling him he had to keep her [Would you want to retain your defeated opponents "Girl Friday"/Administrative Assistant for 8 years no less, when taking over as Commission Chairman ?]. In all my experience, and MrsSurepip has worked for an appointed political appointee the past 2-1/2 years, when the newly elected or appointed governmental official takes office, he brings his own people in. Yes, they can attempt to find them another job within government, but no job for a politician is sacred.

The Old Guard in the Paulding GOP have stepped away from their elected roles within the party; and are actively campaigning for Jerry's Girls. Those who want to can argue that all you want, but it is very evident to anyone with their eyes open that there are 2 factions within the Paulding GOP. Jerry's Group and those wanting the RBMDs to hit the trail. I believe Austin and Graham both fall into the latter category.

District 19 is now a fight for a seat which can make or break the BOC. Give David Austin and his team the opportunity to try to make some positive things happen in Paulding over the next 2 years. David has done well with the hand he was dealt, including disastrous economic times and a delpleted bank account [THANKS! Jerry!] for the past 18 months, still dealing with a stacked BOC dragging their feet.

It is clearly time for Jerry to just go on and move back to the Keys and Miama, and hopefully he will take the RBMDs with him.

I have some reservations about Stout, but none are devasting. However, I have far, far more absolute fear of Braddock in the Legislature following the RBMDs and Jerry's wishes.

Yet look where it's gotten us...

No matter how long it's been this way it has obviously not worked and is not going to.

Time for people to grow up, get a grip and demand a government that works as it should - no more, no less.

In order to do that we either have to change human nature or institute REAL ethics laws and REAL campaign finance reform. The recent SCOTUS decision is a true disaster for campaign finance reform no matter if you agree with it's constitutionality or not. I places M O N E Y right front and center and practically codifies vote buying.

Elected officials want to stay in office and in order to do that they have to play along with the ones in charge of doling out the dollars. I don't like it, you don't like, even a lot of them don't like it, but it is an iron clad fact. Ever since Nixon broke out in a sweat on national TV, money and media has ruled the roost, and if you have the money to repeat a lie often enough, it becomes reality. That is why financial party support is so important to a candidate, and you get that financial party support by giving legislative support to the party faithful. That is the shame of it, that even good centrist elected officials are forced to vote along party lines, like it or not.

Surepip,

Not sure your following the GOP like you say.

Your quote:

The Old Guard in the Paulding GOP have stepped away from their elected roles within the party; and are actively campaigning for Jerry's Girls. Those who want to can argue that all you want, but it is very evident to anyone with their eyes open that there are 2 factions within the Paulding GOP. Jerry's Group and those wanting the RBMDs to hit the trail. I believe Austin and Graham both fall into the latter category.

From speaking to a few of those folks at the GOP......

Individuals that attend party meetings select the candidates they want to support just as you and I do. Precint "chairs" can support any candidate they want to support - and do so openly. They can campaign too if they'd like, just like you or I can.

"Officers" do not support candidates openly - and do not campaign for candidates until after the primary is over. Then of course the GOP would support the Republican candidate and "Officers" can then assist in campaigns if they so desire.

There's not two factions there, as I understand from speaking to a few of them. I know someone did decide they really wanted to work on a campaign, and decided to step down from an officer's position to do that.

There is no "Jerry's Group" in the Republican Party. I think your issues with the Old BOC should not be confused with the GOP or who there chooses to work on campaigns this election cycle.

The group is a bunch of Republican-minded citizens that rally behind one candidate when the primary is over. I've talked to several of them - no "pressure" there to support one particular candidate either.

• Like 2

Surepip,

Your quote:

Individuals that attend party meetings select the candidates they want to support just as you and I do. Precint "chairs" can support any candidate they want to support - and do so openly. They can campaign too if they'd like, just like you or I can.

"Officers" do not support candidates openly - and do not campaign for candidates until after the primary is over. Then of course the GOP would support the Republican candidate and "Officers" can then assist in campaigns if they so desire.

There's not two factions there, as I understand from speaking to a few of them. I know someone did decide they really wanted to work on a campaign, and decided to step down from an officer's position to do that.

There is no "Jerry's Group" in the Republican Party. I think your issues with the Old BOC should not be confused with the GOP or who there chooses to work on campaigns this election cycle.

The group is a bunch of Republican-minded citizens that rally behind one candidate when the primary is over. I've talked to several of them - no "pressure" there to support one particular candidate either.

Believe what you want.

Jerry and some of the GOP Old Guard, and the RBMDs are very much hard at work to elect Braddock and Cochran. This is their, hopefully, Custer's Last Stand.

They are indeed backing Braddock and Cochran which is fine. And if you want their influence on the BOC, and for them to have the ability to use the District 19 seat to their advantage, then by all means support them.

I have seen first hand what that Old Guard Group, i.e. Good 'Ol Boys have done to Paulding. Throwing up roadblocks for industrial development, and turning loose the RBMDs to rape and pillage the county at will, giving us, the homeowners the tax bill to support the infrastructure for their profit centers. The profit centers are no longer as profitable, but they still want to keep their foot in the door.

Don't let 'um. Throw the bums out, and get a slate of new blood on the BOC and a representative who will be repsonsive to the needs of the county at large instead of the special interest groups has we have had for 12 years.

• Like 1

It is so disappointing that officers in the PCGOP openly campaigned for Jerry Shearin during the last election and again for Beverly Cochran in the primary. Darrell Galloway opening worked for Jerry and Nancy Hollingshed has openly campaigned for Beverly. It is too bad that a few people have given the local party such a bad name of being so bias.

It is so disappointing that officers in the PCGOP openly campaigned for Jerry Shearin during the last election and again for Beverly Cochran in the primary. Darrell Galloway opening worked for Jerry and Nancy Hollingshed has openly campaigned for Beverly. It is too bad that a few people have given the local party such a bad name of being so bias.

Nancy is not an officer with the PCRP She is an officer with the PC Republican Women's Club. Their By Laws are different from the regular party By Laws. Nothing against campaigning by officers in them. Some Women's Club officers do elect to remain neutral in the Primaries.

There can't be an endorsement by the PCR Women's club itself during the Primary.

And they are not the only ones, there are another 3 or 4 "Precinct Captains" and other "Powers that Be" within the local GOP who are campaign managers and very involved in the campaigns. Same thing 2 years ago with people out supporting Shearin and Tommie Graham's opponent. Luckily they failed in both of those races, and with some good fortune we might dodge their bullets again with Braddock and Cochran.

I certainly hope so. Neither Braddock or Cochran in office would be beneficial to the citizens of Paulding, unless you count the Robber Barons and their ilk. Time to send Jerry and his crowd packing.....for good. Then maybe, just maybe, Paulding can start brining in industry and good paying JOBS instead of houses and residents.

And they are not the only ones, there are another 3 or 4 "Precinct Captains" and other "Powers that Be" within the local GOP who are campaign managers and very involved in the campaigns. Same thing 2 years ago with people out supporting Shearin and Tommie Graham's opponent. Luckily they failed in both of those races, and with some good fortune we might dodge their bullets again with Braddock and Cochran.

I certainly hope so. Neither Braddock or Cochran in office would be beneficial to the citizens of Paulding, unless you count the Robber Barons and their ilk. Time to send Jerry and his crowd packing.....for good. Then maybe, just maybe, Paulding can start brining in industry and good paying JOBS instead of houses and residents.

Who are "Powers that Be"?

I saw an earlier post that said Precinct Chairs or Captains have the right to campaign if they so choose.

Others campaigned and helped with Adam Gregory, Daniel Stout, and other races too. So what.... This just shows that they are interested enough to choose a candidate EARLIER than anyone else cares to pay attention - and help them with their campaign.

Why are they demonized for doing so? There is not 1 particular candidate that is supported by the party. And to call out names earlier is uncalled for as well. Again, they have the right to help campaigns just like you do. The officers do not, and the party as a whole does not. Don't give the wrong impression here.

OK, here it is. The first person that posts a rumor or innuendo, with no corroboration or evidence to back up their trash talk, and my head may just explode. There is a hit thread open for every candidate please use those to spread lies and filth. Character and ethics are fair game, as is the way candidates are conducting themselves, but please leave the sex lies and videotape elsewhere.

I have heard a lot of bad things, mostly lies, about all three candidates. It would be nice to hear from supporters why their candidate is right for the job, and not why the other guy is a turd.

On the issues, I don't see a lot of difference so far, and for that reason, I haven't made up my mind yet. I am considering all three candidates, but as I posted in another thread, I find it hard to vote for even a conservative Democrat right now, because of the intense partisanship and pressure to pick a side under the gold dome. If Mr. Avery were to buckle under that intense pressure and start voting with David Scott, I would feel mightily betrayed. On the other hand, Ms. Braddock has a voting record on the BOC of raising taxes, or so I have been told, and Mr. Stout left out a pertinent transgression in his run as a religious conservative and a family values candidate in the special election, that wasn't public until it was too late for many, thus betraying their trust, and voted wrongly on an issue to keep a promise (his explanation).

OK, so convince me that your guy or gal is the right person for the job by allaying my concerns and telling what is good about your candidate, not what's bad about the others. I've already heard more of that than I wish to hear.

One's closeness to their GOD is not a political position, so lets please just skip right over that. It's fair to assume that all three are on an equal footing with their God, OK?

Braddock has my vote because she seems honest and conservative. She voted against all but one tax increase and has stated publically, that she regretted that vote (before the 1st vote was cast). She has run a business on her own, since she was 21, for 22 yrs, while the others were still in diapers. Folks, this is no time to elect or send back inexperienced, ineffective children to represent this district. I don't mean to be rude but, I think either of the other 2 will just be moldable little puppets for the powers that be. Like her or not, Braddock will stand firm. I have talked to her and her stances on the important issues, have been held by her for a long time, not just when she decided to run for political office. I also like her plans to address the issues that are most important to me. (jobs, new industry,transportation & education).

In my mind this is the hardest race,I have talked to all three. All three are good,if I was to ever vote for a democrat it would be for Will. The other two are great people,Daniel Scott would be a great Rep for the people. Paulette is hungry to prove herself and deserves a chance.

This is a very tough decission to make,I might have to flip a coin.yahoo.gif

How have the others proven themselves, pray tell?

Avery by trying to play the old "moderate" democrat card (seems like Obama did the same thing to get elected), now look what we are dealing with!!

Stout served about a month in the house and missed 45 votes. One day was excused for his "day job" and the others he has never admitted to, but can be proven by going on the state leg. website.

I'm not sure where being a business woman since the age of 21, raising 3 kids, serving on the local school board and being active in her community falls in the "not having proven herself category". I think some folks are afraid as I noted in a previous post, that she will not give in and be a puppet for the establishment. I met her too, when she came to my doorstep one afternoon in tennishoes, asking for my vote. She convinced me that day, after I did a little research, that she is the real deal (sorry to steal someone else's campaign slogan here)!

• Like 1

Surepip,

Your quote:

You really have no Idea do you?I have been a member since the summer of 2004. Now at that time Virgina Gallaway was the chairman,she had her henchmen too Like Nancy,who jumped and did all sorts of cute little tricks. Then at one time her husband Mr. yes man Daryl Gallaway husband who did everything virgina wanted him to say and do. Now follow the trail,here comes Beverly in February at our meeting. Then the dew crew welcomed her in like they were the thing. She never attended a meeting or ever involved in anything other than being the yes girl for Jerry. Since then they embraced her and worked on her campagn at the GOP head quarters. This was done by stuffing those lunch bage with endless spin.

So there is two groups at the GOP,Virgina works for a group as a lobbist called Americans for prosperity. So please get a grip.blink.gif

You really have no Idea do you?I have been a member since the summer of 2004. Now at that time Virgina Gallaway was the chairman,she had her henchmen too Like Nancy,who jumped and did all sorts of cute little tricks. Then at one time her husband Mr. yes man Daryl Gallaway husband who did everything virgina wanted him to say and do. Now follow the trail,here comes Beverly in February at our meeting. Then the dew crew welcomed her in like they were the thing. She never attended a meeting or ever involved in anything other than being the yes girl for Jerry. Since then they embraced her and worked on her campagn at the GOP head quarters. This was done by stuffing those lunch bage with endless spin.

So there is two groups at the GOP,Virgina works for a group as a lobbist called Americans for prosperity. So please get a grip.blink.gif

ohmy.gif ninja.gif shok.gif

What happened to"a civil discussion about the 19th District race"?

• Like 1

You have been drinking far too much of their Kool Aid if you really believe what you wrote.

And I did not say it was "Wrong" for previous elected officials from the local GOP to actively campaign for their slate of candidates in the primaries. I just pointed out there was a group doing just that, and they are all supporting the same slate, including both of Jerry's Girls. There are indeed 2 distinct factions in the local GOP, and it has driven a lot of previous members away.

I have know Paulette for many years and just do not see her as a good representative for Paulding County.

As far as Paulette's voting record during her 8 years on the BOE, by NOT voting to approve a millage rollback with each yearly increase in assessments she was indeed voting to approve a tax hike. If your school tax increassed from one year to the next, you incurred a "tax increase". You can put any spin on it you want and argue the semantics, but if the dollar amount increased from one year to the next, it was indeed a tax increase. The schools needed the money, but don't go around saying she did not vote to approve BOE tax increases.

And she supported the Bond both times as well.

How have the others proven themselves, pray tell?

Avery by trying to play the old "moderate" democrat card (seems like Obama did the same thing to get elected), now look what we are dealing with!!

Stout served about a month in the house and missed 45 votes. One day was excused for his "day job" and the others he has never admitted to, but can be proven by going on the state leg. website.

I'm not sure where being a business woman since the age of 21, raising 3 kids, serving on the local school board and being active in her community falls in the "not having proven herself category". I think some folks are afraid as I noted in a previous post, that she will not give in and be a puppet for the establishment. I met her too, when she came to my doorstep one afternoon in tennishoes, asking for my vote. She convinced me that day, after I did a little research, that she is the real deal (sorry to steal someone else's campaign slogan here)!

Not sure how much research has been done on your choice but I would encourage all voters to look for any and all information on any candidate they choose to back.

Review past election tactics, "serving"???? attendance, professional conduct in meetings and voting records, business dealings and locations, property tax records, google search, you tube, and do not forget "Quiettype" backdoor agendas. Check old posts and all other published information to make the most informed decisions. Ask persons serving on boards and committees alongside the candidates their opinions. Many people can also run a business and raise children themselves (even without the hired housekeeper and nanny) oops maybe that was not mentioned at your door. Things are not always what they seem, deal or no deal???? Thankfully there is time to research all candidates, ask more questions, and thankfully also this is still America and each of us has the privilege to cast a vote.

ohmy.gif ninja.gif shok.gif

What happened to"a civil discussion about the 19th District race"?

Like in the real world. The truth will always come out. It just takes longer sometimes than others. It is not hard to sit back and watch the puppets get their strings pulled. What will happen if the strings are cut? Guess we will wait and see. Truth is civil just not always popular :yahoo:

Like in the real world. The truth will always come out. It just takes longer sometimes than others. It is not hard to sit back and watch the puppets get their strings pulled. What will happen if the strings are cut? Guess we will wait and see. Truth is civil just not always popular yahoo.gif

I don't disagree at all about the truth. It usually does come out and it can bite. I also know that there are usually three versions of the truth. sad.gif I hope the best candidates wins in all of the run-offs and that the best interests of Paulding County and her citizens are served.

You have been drinking far too much of their Kool Aid if you really believe what you wrote.

And I did not say it was "Wrong" for previous elected officials from the local GOP to actively campaign for their slate of candidates in the primaries. I just pointed out there was a group doing just that, and they are all supporting the same slate, including both of Jerry's Girls. There are indeed 2 distinct factions in the local GOP, and it has driven a lot of previous members away.

I have know Paulette for many years and just do not see her as a good representative for Paulding County.

As far as Paulette's voting record during her 8 years on the BOE, by NOT voting to approve a millage rollback with each yearly increase in assessments she was indeed voting to approve a tax hike. If your school tax increassed from one year to the next, you incurred a "tax increase". You can put any spin on it you want and argue the semantics, but if the dollar amount increased from one year to the next, it was indeed a tax increase. The schools needed the money, but don't go around saying she did not vote to approve BOE tax increases.

And she supported the Bond both times as well.

There is a great divide within my party,the Virgina gang have an agenda. They keep alot of people away that would come. She supported J.R. Rogers for Sheriff,she was totaly against Gary.She also was against Bruce harris when he was in office. That is why I refer to that gang as the dark side.ninja.gif

In order to do that we either have to change human nature or institute REAL ethics laws and REAL campaign finance reform. The recent SCOTUS decision is a true disaster for campaign finance reform no matter if you agree with it's constitutionality or not. I places M O N E Y right front and center and practically codifies vote buying.

Elected officials want to stay in office and in order to do that they have to play along with the ones in charge of doling out the dollars. I don't like it, you don't like, even a lot of them don't like it, but it is an iron clad fact. Ever since Nixon broke out in a sweat on national TV, money and media has ruled the roost, and if you have the money to repeat a lie often enough, it becomes reality. That is why financial party support is so important to a candidate, and you get that financial party support by giving legislative support to the party faithful. That is the shame of it, that even good centrist elected officials are forced to vote along party lines, like it or not.

Yeah I already know all this. Doesn't make it any less frustrating or disgusting.

Just not sure what has to happen to make people care enough to demand better. I should think their policies (or lack thereof) would have adversely affected a sufficient number of people already to have done just that.

That two politicians so devoid of ethics, as Deal and Oxendine clearly are, had the gall to even enter the race for governor is baffling enough in itself. That one of them actually made it to a run-off election is just downright embarrassing...

Money drives elections because it drives everything else in the world. In a society that places the accumulation of wealth above most everything else, I guess it's to be expected but it sure would be nice if the things that should matter did.

There is a great divide within my party,the Virgina gang have an agenda. They keep alot of people away that would come. She supported J.R. Rogers for Sheriff,she was totaly against Gary.She also was against Bruce harris when he was in office. That is why I refer to that gang as the dark side.ninja.gif

Your Dark Side is hard at work promoting Jerry's Girls. They lost control of much of the politics 2 years ago, and now they stand to lose the rest. Hopefully that will come to fruition, and they will pack up and leave Paulding once and for all.

Do the other candidates running for office attend meetings, or have they ever?

I don't see anything wrong with someone going to a group of politically minded folks for advice or support. But not sure why it matters if someone attended prior to February or not. Don't most politicians show up to events to get their name out - and then go their own way after an election?

i dont know much bout all the political stuff really .. but met with Paulette .. she does seem down to earth .. n very approachable .. so i would say .. if you have questions .. ask her . you may be surprised .. or you may not .. i for one .. like the lady ..

I agree, no pretense with her.

Do the other candidates running for office attend meetings, or have they ever?

I don't see anything wrong with someone going to a group of politically minded folks for advice or support. But not sure why it matters if someone attended prior to February or not. Don't most politicians show up to events to get their name out - and then go their own way after an election?

No, I think you will find that many of the politicians, and the candidates have been active in the local GOP in the past. It just seems the leadership of the local GOP started shifting into the hands of a select few prior to the elections 2 years ago in which they did not fare too well. They lost the Echol's seat to Tommie Graham and Shearin got his tail whooped 73% to 27%.

Then add to that mix the Richardson debaucle last December and the fact the same "Group" is who is pulling the strings today.

Hence my Jerry's Girls remark. And I would have to say that includes Virginia as well.

If you feel Paulette would suit your bill, then by all means vote for her.

But do so knowing you are casting a vote for Jerry's slate in the process. Note that Jerry was downtown at the Gold Dome at the end of the session, with Virginia Galloway and her husband Daryl. But I would guess that was just a coincidence ?

My name is James Ormond, and I live in South Paulding, 19th District. I am a Tea Party Activist.

Bills Supported by The Georgia Tea Party in the Last Georgia General Assembly Session

19th District Representative Daniel Stout

Votes

HR 1086 - Freedom Of Choice In Health Care Act House Vote 1007 Stout Voted Yes

SB 1 - Zero-Based Budgeting Act House Vote 873 Stout Voted Yes

Governor Purdue vetoed SB 1 “Daniel Stout gave a verbal commitment to Georgia Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks of Georgia on Thursday 6/10/2010 to vote to override the veto in the next session.”

SB 148 - Georgia Occupational Regulation Review Law

“This provides teeth to Zero Based Budgeting Act” House Vote 873 Stout Voted Yes

Representative Daniel Stout supports, and his VOTING RECORD REFLECTS, Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. These are the core values of the Tea Party Movement. As a Tea Party Activist, and veteran of the 912 March on Washington, I strongly support Daniel Stout.

Jim Ormond

Tea Party Patriot

jamesormond@bellsouth.net

My name is James Ormond, and I live in South Paulding, 19th District. I am a Tea Party Activist.

Bills Supported by The Georgia Tea Party in the Last Georgia General Assembly Session

Votes

Governor Purdue vetoed SB 1 "Daniel Stout gave a verbal commitment to Georgia Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks of Georgia on Thursday 6/10/2010 to vote to override the veto in the next session."

"This provides teeth to Zero Based Budgeting Act" House Vote 873 Stout Voted Yes

Representative Daniel Stout supports, and his VOTING RECORD REFLECTS, Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. These are the core values of the Tea Party Movement. As a Tea Party Activist, and veteran of the 912 March on Washington, I strongly support Daniel Stout.

Jim Ormond

Tea Party Patriot

Have you EVER seen Daniel Stout at a Tea Party? I don't think so. You should check Braddock's record, she's been "on the ground" with the Tea Party movement. There were a view "tea party favorable" votes that Stout missed. He wasn't graded on those.

I suggest you check with the Georgia Tea Party and see for yourself. Daniel Stout told me his views on the Tea Party principles before the special election and he delivered. That is why I am doing everything possible to get him reelected.

The Federal Government has already gone after Arizona, and several other states. It is just a matter of time before they come after Georgia, and we need people in the State Capital like Daniel Stout, that will fight for us.

post-41370-128112146078_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim Ormond

Votes

Governor Purdue vetoed SB 1 "Daniel Stout gave a verbal commitment to Georgia Tea Party Patriots and FreedomWorks of Georgia on Thursday 6/10/2010 to vote to override the veto in the next session."

"This provides teeth to Zero Based Budgeting Act" House Vote 873 Stout Voted Yes

Jim Ormond

Tea Party Patriot

Thank you for your input Mr.Ormond and welcome to p.com.

I suggest you check with the Georgia Tea Party and see for yourself. Daniel Stout told me his views on the Tea Party principles before the special election and he delivered. That is why I am doing everything possible to get him reelected.

The Federal Government has already gone after Arizona, and several other states. It is just a matter of time before they come after Georgia, and we need people in the State Capital like Daniel Stout, that will fight for us.

I'm just hoping there are enough level headed people in District 19 to keep Mr. stout as far from the capital as possible.

So, did anyone else get the mailing with the giant picture of Paulette and Sarah Palin. Nice of her to suggest that she is endorsed by Palin, when it has never happened. As pissed as I am at Stout, I voted for him, again, this week. Paulette is delusional. She is really not all there.

So, did anyone else get the mailing with the giant picture of Paulette and Sarah Palin. Nice of her to suggest that she is endorsed by Palin, when it has never happened. As pissed as I am at Stout, I voted for him, again, this week. Paulette is delusional. She is really not all there.

They are both scary as hell. I might take delusional over a cultist. I remember what the religious fanatics did to the World Trade Towers.

I'm just hoping there are enough level headed people in District 19 to keep Mr. stout as far from the capital as possible.

I don't believe the mailer said she was endorsed by Palin. She met her and had her picture made with her when she worked at an event that Sarah Palin spoke at for special needs children a couple months ago. She definately is a fan of Sarah Palin and agrees with her on her political stance. A lot of the old guard in Paulding is scared to death of having a woman representing their county. Well guys, it's not going to be politics as usual if you get a woman in office. Paulette is not a "yes" man/woman. She stands up for what she believes in come hell or high water. You can take that bit of information to the bank folks.