Paulding.com

How did your Statewide Candidates do ?

I'm with you.

Never been a Paulette fan before, but if she did what she did with the money she was showing in her contributions report, she might be worth taking a look at. I absolutely can't stomach the thought of Stout representing Paulding County. That is an embarrassment.

Campaign money$ cannot substitute for old school, knocking on thousands of doors like her campaign did. This lady (Paulette Braddock), worked it and deserves some grassroots respect! She's got my vote in the run-off against Stout on August 10th!

Looks like it's just me and you feelip. I'm voting for Roy too.

I'm not a card carrying party member either, I'm not straight party Republican or Democrat, I'm just voting for who I think will do the best job.

I like Karen Handle, and this very well may be her time, time for the first female Govenor for the Great State of Georgia. She's got some good backing. Mitt Romney is backing her. And I would have voted for Mitt for President if he would have made it that far.

I guess we'll find out in November.

I just saw Karen and Deal on the 7:00 news on channel 11. She is going to have to stop letting Deal drag her into those silly pissing matches or she will be toast. If she would run a clean, positive campaign she will be the next governor.

I just saw Karen and Deal on the 7:00 news on channel 11. She is going to have to stop letting Deal drag her into those silly pissing matches or she will be toast. If she would run a clean, positive campaign she will be the next governor.

She needs to start leaning on his Democratic past and his sorted dealings with the inspection deal. She also needs to point out her own fiscally conservative past. RTL alone isn't going to win the race for Deal. Well except perhaps in Paulding County.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

Somebody answer this one for me. How can Barnes require private financial institutions to have mandatory negotiations with private homeowners before the banks begin foreclosure?

Somebody answer this one for me. How can Barnes require private financial institutions to have mandatory negotiations with private homeowners before the banks begin foreclosure?

Change the laws regarding foreclosure. Georgia has some of the most bank-friendly laws in the country regarding foreclosure.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

Change the laws regarding foreclosure. Georgia has some of the most bank-friendly laws in the country regarding foreclosure.

I don't think Barnes can do that, and I don't think the General Assembly would go for it. It takes a bank at least six months to foreclose and it cost them thousands of dollars to regain their legal property. It sounds like more campaign political garbage to me.

I don't think Barnes can do that, and I don't think the General Assembly would go for it. It takes a bank at least six months to foreclose and it cost them thousands of dollars to regain their legal property. It sounds like more campaign political garbage to me.

No, he can't personally do it. But he can have the legislation introduced.

If banks were acting more quickly (as they have in the past) in GA they could foreclose in 90 days. HERE

Guest Hi~ho Silver

No, he can't personally do it. But he can have the legislation introduced.

If banks were acting more quickly (as they have in the past) in GA they could foreclose in 90 days. HERE

I don't know that I disagree with you. I don't think it's right for Barnes to make people believe he can make it where they can avoid foreclosure. I promise you, after the election, you'll never hear about it again. Of course, it wasn't right when he appointed a Democrat to fill the remainder of the term of an elected Republican Senator. That one really backfired on him.

I don't know that I disagree with you. I don't think it's right for Barnes to make people believe he can make it where they can avoid foreclosure. I promise you, after the election, you'll never hear about it again. Of course, it wasn't right when he appointed a Democrat to fill the remainder of the term of an elected Republican Senator. That one really backfired on him.

Oh, I'm definitely not disagreeing. Barnes' mouth is writing checks his butt can't cash. rofl.gif

Lest anyone forget

There are some great photo ops with him and John Edwards. His attempts at "re-districting" the state. His attempts to remove teachers' tenure.

Of course, it wasn't right when he appointed a Democrat to fill the remainder of the term of an elected Republican Senator. That one really backfired on him.

Did it ever!!!!! He didn't count on Zell havin' a come-to-Jesus moment after being around those morons in DC (esp. after 9/11). I love Zell.

Did it ever!!!!! He didn't count on Zell havin' a come-to-Jesus moment after being around those morons in DC (esp. after 9/11). I love Zell.

I agree re Zell. He is one of the few Democrats who has impressed me. I remember. "I did not leave the party, the party left me."

Oh, I'm definitely not disagreeing. Barnes' mouth is writing checks his butt can't cash. rofl.gif

Lest anyone forget

There are some great photo ops with him and John Edwards. His attempts at "redistricting" the state. His attempts to remove teachers' tenure.

Good points. We will need to continue to remind folks.

Thanks to Sonny. Take a look at who is in the banking business in Paulding County. There are three banks to look at, two of them are less than 5 years old. The Board of Directors on the two banks are huge contributors to Sonny's political action fund.

Casey Cagle comes from the banking industry as well. Remember Hometown Bank.

Thanks to Sonny. Take a look at who is in the banking business in Paulding County. There are three banks to look at, two of them are less than 5 years old. The Board of Directors on the two banks are huge contributors to Sonny's political action fund.

Casey Cagle comes from the banking industry as well. Remember Hometown Bank.

(I will confess ahead of time to not being 100% on this one) However, I don't think there have been any changes in GA's banking laws regarding foreclosure in many years and that the current laws in place pre-date Sonny (not that there isn't more that we can credit to him).

Gee, you making being a banker sound like a bad thing. ;) ;)

I chaired the House Judiciary Sub Committee on this issue back in 2008 and carried the bill in the House. We spent several hours in two hearings on this issue and had at the table representatives of all the major players and interest groups on behalf of property owners.

The fact of the matter is “mandating negotiations” is a meaningless phrase since you cannot legally compel someone to change the terms of an already agreed-upon contract. As a lawyer, Roy Barnes knows this.

However, we did find that, as a general rule, the biggest problem for property owners was being able to get a hold of a person who had the authority to negotiate new terms of a mortgage contract. (The problem, of course, is that in today’s world mortgages change hands frequently and the person who has authority to negotiate is not down at the corner savings and loan like the good old days.)

Representatives on both sides of this issue generally agreed that if a property owner could have [access to] the person who had the authority to renegotiate, there was a good chance that a new agreement could be reached. In general, mortgage holders recognize that they are in much better shape with the owner in the property making payments rather than taking the property and having to try and resell it. The latter is a big money loser for them. This is especially true in this market.

2008. SB 531 stated in part the following:

44-14-162.2

(a) Notice of the initiation of proceedings to exercise a power of sale in a mortgage, security deed, or other lien contract shall be given to the debtor by the secured creditor no later than 30 days before the date of the proposed foreclosure. Such notice shall be in writing, shall include the name, address, and telephone number of the individual or entity who shall have full authority to negotiate, amend, and modify all terms of the mortgage with the debtor, and shall be sent by registered or certified mail or statutory overnight delivery, return receipt requested, to the property address or to such other address as the debtor may designate by written notice to the secured creditor.

The bill was sponsored by Bill Hamrick in the Senate and I carried in the House. I guess imitation – especially in politics — is still the highest form of flattery.- Rep. Ed Lindsey (R-Atlanta)

Barns promised teachers a 9 % raise, I believe we got 4%, then he started calling teachers incompetent. He will NEVER have my vote or respect. He is a career politician and ALL career politcians need to go!!! They have one agenda and that is SELF!!!

Barns promised teachers a 9 % raise, I believe we got 4%, then he started calling teachers incompetent. He will NEVER have my vote or respect. He is a career politician and ALL career politcians need to go!!! They have one agenda and that is SELF!!!

And then Sonny furloughed you. When I was in school 4% of nothin' was nothin'.

I'm just not down with this teacher worshiping thing. It's just another job and everyone has to do something.