Paulding.com

Election 2010 - The local story

Pubby's Fastread page numbers are in for Post 2, complete and should be now for Post 4. Cochran v Pownall in a run-off and Barnett v Crowe in a run-off.

Looks like a run-off for the district 19 seat as well, with Braddock and Golden neck and neck, Stout ahead of both of them. Too close to call right nowl.

He's got his work cut out for him............ :pardon:

Yeah, he does.

But like they said, he's older and wiser this time, and he's got my vote unless something drastic changes.

I like Karen Handel, but I'll probably go with Roy.

Yeah, he does.

But like they said, he's older and wiser this time, and he's got my vote unless something drastic changes.

I like Karen Handel, but I'll probably go with Roy.

Me too Lowrider. I'm just about sick of the corrupt, unethical Republicans under the dome.

Did you hear the guy yell "give 'em hell Roy" and Roy said "I'm not giving 'em hell, I'm giving them the truth and they think it's hell."

Me too Lowrider. I'm just about sick of the corrupt, unethical Republicans under the dome.

Did you hear the guy yell "give 'em hell Roy" and Roy said "I'm not giving 'em hell, I'm giving them the truth and they think it's hell."

Yeah :lol: I heard that.

Pubby, are all of the results in on the 19th District race? Will the runoff be between Paulette and Stout?

Right now that one is too close to call. I believe there are still votes to be tallied in the Austin Middle and Scoggins middle school precincts. With only 35 votes separating Golden from Braddock, I would not call who is in that runoff with Stout. Certainly one of them is, though.

pubby

Right now that one is too close to call. I believe there are still votes to be tallied in the Austin Middle and Scoggins middle school precincts. With only 35 votes separating Golden from Braddock, I would not call who is in that runoff with Stout. Certainly one of them is, though.

pubby

Thanks!smile.gif

I asked my wife and son, and none of us saw any notice at McClure that she had withdrawn.

I never looked at the race closely before the election since once I saw her on the ballot, I planned to vote for her. There were plenty of other races for me to spend my time on.

I was there around noon and didn't see anything about it either

I didn't see it at Ragsdale either. :unsure:

Just read in the AJC where it looks like up to a 100,000 people may have voted for Cox. Several comments are saying that there were no signs reminding people.

It would be an interesting court fight for the loser in the election to try to get it re-run during the run-off.

Get Schooled

Just read in the AJC where it looks like up to a 100,000 people may have voted for Cox. Several comments are saying that there were no signs reminding people.

It would be an interesting court fight for the loser in the election to try to get it re-run during the run-off.

Get Schooled

If the numbers are correct, on the link to the Paulding results, I think she actually won in Paulding. Why doesn't that surprise me?huh.gif

Get Schooled

why was she on the ballot to start with? I noticed that yesterday when I voted.

why was she on the ballot to start with? I noticed that yesterday when I voted.

If they qualify they go on the ballot. She qualified and threw a wrench into the election and then withdrew. I think her name should have had "withdrawn" beside it.

If they qualify they go on the ballot. She qualified and threw a wrench into the election and then withdrew. I think her name should have had "withdrawn" beside it.

I agree... I saw it on the sample ballot several days ago, but I thought that it would have been taken off of the actual ballot. I actually looked around the polling place (Hope Church on 120) to see if there was anything posted after I was finished, I didn't see anything up about it. This morning I was suprised to see how many voted for her.

I had to get off of here last night and go to sleep. I have been crazy tired lately.... I really wanted to stay up and chat about this with you guys. lol

ETA: Maybe I should have asked if there was one, in case I missed it.

Edited by MrsB

I agree... I saw it on the sample ballot several days ago, but I thought that it would have been taken off of the actual ballot. I actually looked around the polling place (Hope Church on 120) to see if there was anything posted after I was finished, I didn't see anything up about it. This morning I was suprised to see how many voted for her.

I had to get off of here last night and go to sleep. I have been crazy tired lately.... I really wanted to stay up and chat about this with you guys. lol

ETA: Maybe I should have asked if there was one, in case I missed it.

By the way, I supported John Barge and was very happy that he won.

To all those who voted for me, thank you very much. For all those who didn't, thank you for voting. It's a great privilege. I would appreciate your vote in the runoff, whether your vote was for me or one of the other candidates. I'll strive to be a good DA for everyone whether your vote was for me or not.

Again, thank you, all of you.

Dick Donovan

To all those who voted for me, thank you very much. For all those who didn't, thank you for voting. It's a great privilege. I would appreciate your vote in the runoff, whether your vote was for me or one of the other candidates. I'll strive to be a good DA for everyone whether your vote was for me or not.

Dick Donovan

hi.gif Thanks Dick! If you get elected I will hold you to that!smile.gif

Dick Donovan

yes it is a great privilege to vote :ninja: