Paulding.com

Jason Anavitarte flyers

Why does Jason Anavitarte use the age old tactic of double standards in his campaign.

In, a most recent political mail out Jason Anavitarte used two separate flyers and two different messages for the voters in post 4. One for the Cedarcrest area and one for the more rural Burnt Hickory, Yorkville, Union, Hulsey town, Braswell, New Hope, Dallas And Beulah areas. WHY!!!

Are the voters in those rural areas not entitled to just as much representation as those in the Cedarcrest area?

Mr. Anavitarte just so you know, We are entitled to better roads, Schools, Libraries, Fire stations etc. And we have also been ignored for the past ten years

You State in the flyer “For years, County Government has ignored the needs of the Cedarcrest area”

Mr. Anavitarte have you visited the rural areas of Post 4 that you are running for? Did you see a lot of divided roads, new schools, new fire stations, signaled intersections, or other major upgrades to those communities that were implemented by the previous Post 4 Commissioner, And the Jerry Shearin administration?

Will you please come on P.Com and explain what you mean By the Cedarcrest area being ignored?

Mr. Anavitarte I think you sent the wrong flyer to the rural part of post 4. we are the part of post 4 that has been ignored. Sure we got a new airport that we were opposed to, but, what else have we got?

Mr. Anavitarte anyone that reads p.com are aware of your liberal social votes taken while serving on the Doraville City Council, And are also aware that you were very cozy with GALEO, In fact was an elected official of the organization that promotes amnesty for illegal immigrants.

I hope all of the citizens of post 4 are onto your double standard type of campaigning and solidly reject you this coming Tuesday And elect a candidate that will represent all of the citizens of post 4

David Barnett has my support because he cares about all of the citizens in post 4

• Like 4

Why does Jason Anavitarte use the age old tactic of double standards in his campaign.

In, a most recent political mail out Jason Anavitarte used two separate flyers and two different messages for the voters in post 4. One for the Cedarcrest area and one for the more rural Burnt Hickory, Yorkville, Union, Hulsey town, Braswell, New Hope, Dallas And Beulah areas. WHY!!!

Are the voters in those rural areas not entitled to just as much representation as those in the Cedarcrest area?

Mr. Anavitarte just so you know, We are entitled to better roads, Schools, Libraries, Fire stations etc. And we have also been ignored for the past ten years

You State in the flyer “For years, County Government has ignored the needs of the Cedarcrest area”

Mr. Anavitarte have you visited the rural areas of Post 4 that you are running for? Did you see a lot of divided roads, new schools, new fire stations, signaled intersections, or other major upgrades to those communities that were implemented by the previous Post 4 Commissioner, And the Jerry Shearin administration?

Will you please come on P.Com and explain what you mean By the Cedarcrest area being ignored?

Mr. Anavitarte I think you sent the wrong flyer to the rural part of post 4. we are the part of post 4 that has been ignored. Sure we got a new airport that we were opposed to, but, what else have we got?

Mr. Anavitarte anyone that reads p.com are aware of your liberal social votes taken while serving on the Doraville City Council, And are also aware that you were very cozy with GALEO, In fact was an elected official of the organization that promotes amnesty for illegal immigrants.

I hope all of the citizens of post 4 are onto your double standard type of campaigning and solidly reject you this coming Tuesday And elect a candidate that will represent all of the citizens of post 4

David Barnett has my support because he cares about all of the citizens in post 4

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you!! I have real issues with our area (Yorkville) being shoved out and off to the side because we aren't as "elite" as those in the Northern Corridor of transplanted, looking for cheaper taxes, wanting all the "extras" because they are entitled to it, people!! I left that section of Paulding a long time ago because of the sheer number of people moving in.

Hello, we're out here too. :angry:

• Like 1

This citizen of post # 4 is onto your misinformation

and solidly rejects your dishonest smear campaign !!!

This citizen of post # 4 is onto your misinformation

and solidly rejects your dishonest smear campaign !!!

Hmmm, sorry I just jumped in there without thinking.

So DOT, do you have copies of both? If there are two different flyers would you care to post them for us to see?? And how do I know if David Barnett is really concerned about us rural people??

Hmmm, sorry I just jumped in there without thinking.

So DOT, do you have copies of both? If there are two different flyers would you care to post them for us to see?? And how do I know if David Barnett is really concerned about us rural people??

I have known David for 10 years or so and have found him to have his heart in the right place. I would guess his biggest negative would be the fact his family has indeed been here for generations.

But I have found Anivitarte to do too much grandstanding for my tastes. If he wants the Sheriff's Department to participate in ICE and for us to spend a half a million dollars a year to round up illegals, and then have to turn half of them loose because the Feds don't want them, then AT LEAST he should sit down and discuss it with Gary Gulledge first. We elect the Sheriff to run the Sheriff's Department. The BOC is not charged with running the Sheriff's Department and Anivitarte should know and understand that. Our Sheriff's Department is not a county police department under control of the BOC like Jason was used to in Doraville.

And to demand another $500,000 cut out of the county budget on top of the $11Million David Austin has already cut is absurd. We are pretty much down to bare bones minimum, what other services does Jason want to cut ?

But I guess my biggest problem with Jason are his flip-flops, and I really quite surprised the Republican Posse has not jumped on him:

He ran as a Democrat for State Senate 4 years ago.

He was elected as a Democrat on the Doraville city council.

He endorsed and was a member of some rather liberal organizations promoting hispanic and gay agendas.......as long as that suited his constituent voting block. Now in Paulding, he is all of a sudden a staunch conservative Republican.

I don't buy it. I think he is very much the Chameleon, and changes colors as needed to suit his background.

• Like 1

If he wants the Sheriff's Department to participate in ICE and for us to spend a half a million dollars a year to round up illegals, and then have to turn half of them loose because the Feds don't want them, then AT LEAST he should sit down and discuss it with Gary Gulledge first. We elect the Sheriff to run the Sheriff's Department. The BOC is not charged with running the Sheriff's Department and Anivitarte should know and understand that. Our Sheriff's Department is not a county police department under control of the BOC like Jason was used to in Doraville.

And to demand another $500,000 cut out of the county budget on top of the $11 Million David Austin has already cut is absurd. We are pretty much down to bare bones minimum, what other services does Jason want to cut ?

But I guess my biggest problem with Jason are his flip-flops, and I really quite surprised the Republican Posse has not jumped on him:

He endorsed and was a member of some rather liberal organizations promoting hispanic and gay agendas....... as long as that suited his constituent voting block. Now in Paulding, he is all of a sudden a staunch conservative Republican.

I don't buy it. I think he is very much the Chameleon,

and changes colors as needed to suit his background.

Just keep spinning that misinformation... :rolleyes:

Just keep spinning that misinformation... :rolleyes:

After Jason's "Press Release" concerning our Sheriff's Department participating in ICE, I spoke to Gary Gulledge, who wants no part of ICE unless someone is going to step forward and put up the money for a minimum of 6 officers and patrolcars with all equipment. Otherwise he sees it as a waste of time, money and manpower. He was surprised Jason had proposed this program without discussing it with him first. Why don't YOU call Gary Gulledge and ask him ?

Jason also did a previous "Press Release" calling for a further reduction in our millage rate and insisting the BOC cut another $500,000 out of the budget. Has he changed his stance on this matter as well ? Another flip-flop ?

And are you denying his participation in Galeo as well ?

He never ran for a State Senate seat. There was speculation that he would, but he never ran.

Doraville city council was all non-partisan. There was not a party associated with any candidate.

You can come up with as much as you want to throw at him. That is your right. Just make sure that you actually get your "facts" straight.

He was a member GALEO and can't deny it. He is not now and they have not taken his info off of the website. Not pushing for that is rather silly on Jason's part. There are only a handful (3 maybe) elected Hispanic officials in Georgia. Not exactly a powerful lobby pushing the "Hispanic" agenda (whatever that is). Jason did not agree with amnesty, so he quit the organization. What more do you want him to do?

He may have pushed for domestic benefits, but that doesn't bother me. Gay people pay taxes, too. I am not a bigot, so someone who is gay does not bother me.

• Like 1

After Jason's "Press Release" concerning our Sheriff's Department participating in ICE, I spoke to Gary Gulledge, who wants no part of ICE unless someone is going to step forward and put up the money for a minimum of 6 officers and patrolcars with all equipment. Otherwise he sees it as a waste of time, money and manpower. He was surprised Jason had proposed this program without discussing it with him first. Why don't YOU call Gary Gulledge and ask him ?

Let Gary Gulledge come on here and explain to the citizens who

elected him why he opposes an honest discussion of this proposal

to help combat the very serious economic and criminal problem

of illegals having a sanctuary to call home in Paulding county...

(After all of the misinformation you have spread in this race,

I honestly do not believe a single word you say on this matter.)

I suggest you contact Gary and ask if he, or if he would appoint Deputy Gurley, their PR man, to come on and do just that.

I had my suspicions when I read Jason's Press Release. I am very familiar with the E-Verify system as most poultry plants use it, but I was igonorant of ICE so I searched it, and called Gary. If you choose to dispute what he told me on the phone, fine. So you call him and request he clarify the matter on p.com. I told him about Jason's press release and that there was a thread running on p.com.

I suggest you contact Gary and ask if he, or if he would appoint Deputy Gurley, their PR man, to come on and do just that.

I had my suspicions when I read Jason's Press Release. I am very familiar with the E-Verify system as most poultry plants use it, but I was igonorant of ICE so I searched it, and called Gary. If you choose to dispute what he told me on the phone, fine. So you call him and request he clarify the matter on p.com. I told him about Jason's press release and that there was a thread running on p.com.

It is not my responsibility to support your claims.

If Sheriff Gulledge opposes this proposal let him explain

his reasoning to the voters who elected him on the record.

It is not my responsibility to support your claims.

If Sheriff Gulledge opposes this proposal let him explain

his reasoning to the voters who elected him on the record.

And it is not my responsibility to entice Sheriff Gulledge to come on to P.com to hold your hand and tell you what he told me. Maybe Pubby can ask why he does not support the ICE progarm ?

It made perfectly good sense to me. 2 dedicated officers per shift, doing nothing but ICE, fully equipped partrol car, all electronices on board. These officers cannot be doing "normal" patrol duty per ICE regulations.

And, half or more of those detained are not wanted by the Feds, so the ICE unit has to release them.

On the other side of the coin, all who are arrested now for an infraction like driving without a license, go to probate court where Judge Anderson hits them with a $700 fine and 40 hours of community service. They all pay the fine as they don't want to fight it. Gary told me this was around $150,000 per year in fines.

He said he preferred leaving the system the way it is. It gets the county some nice fines, and they have virtually no repeat offenders.

The point is Jason was shooting his mouth off with his press release about ICE without having even discussed it with the Sheriff.

You State in the flyer "For years, County Government has ignored the needs of the Cedarcrest area"

so what did the other flyer say?

so what did the other flyer say?

As soon as I get home from work I will scan and post both flyers, It is disgusting to me that a candidate would favor one portion of his post over another portion just because he lives in a particular neighborhood :angry:

As soon as I get home from work I will scan and post both flyers, It is disgusting to me that a candidate would favor one portion of his post over another portion just because he lives in a particular neighborhood :angry:

Psst... it is called targeted advertising and does not even remotely

suggest nor imply that he favors one portion of post 4 over another.

:rolleyes:

Only if you want your claim to have any credibility...

Flip Flop, Flip Flop, when Jason was elected in a hood that was 43% Hispanic he Joined GALEO and marched to the drum beat for illegal immigrants, and also supported domestic Partnership benefits.

Sorry but I do not see the citizens in the cedarcrest area supporting a GAELO or a Gay Rights march down Seven Hills Boulevard?

Flip Flop, Flip Flop, when Jason was elected in a hood that was 43% Hispanic he Joined GALEO and marched to the drum beat for illegal immigrants, and also supported domestic Partnership benefits.

Sorry but I do not see the citizens in the cedarcrest area supporting a GAELO or a Gay Rights march down Seven Hills Boulevard?

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

That would be quite some sight! A Gay Pride March down 7 Hills Boulevard. Might even get Atlanta media coverage.

Psst... it is called targeted advertising and does not even remotely

suggest nor imply that he favors one portion of post 4 over another.

:rolleyes:

Psst.... It is called playing favorites,The rural areas of post 4 are the ones being ingored

Jason Anavitarte has NEVER supported illegal immigration.

It might surprise you to learn that there are a good number of

gay conservatives and their supporters residing in post four... B)

No. What surprised me was that anyone would live in a damn garbage dump. After that nothing that goes on in 7 Hills would surprise me. :blink:

I had an honest discussion with him and I know he does not support it. I don't fault him for it either. He has more info on how it would effect his Department than I do. I do wish he would change his mind in the future but I expect that may have to do with the money he has to work with. If the SPLOST does not pass he will have less if I am not mistaken.

I wouldnt vote before i had to vote for jason. I have heard his retoric for months at seemingly every business meeting or gathering i have been too. He is way too abrasive for me and seems to be to FOS. Just saying.

I had an honest discussion with him and I know he does not support it. I don't fault him for it either. He has more info on how it would effect his Department than I do. I do wish he would change his mind in the future but I expect that may have to do with the money he has to work with. If the SPLOST does not pass he will have less if I am not mistaken.

I suspect he might change his tune when the next election rolls around... B)

I suspect he might change his tune when the next election rolls around... cool.gif

I don't think so. I don't think he is any danger of losing. Even if he were he would stand by his beliefs. Getting elected is not all this man is about. I did not know him until the last election but have come to respect him a great deal. He loves Paulding County and works hard for it's residents and I know how much time he spends working with the youth programs. All I can say is that I may disagree with him but I trust and respect him.

Really then why was he ELECTED to an Organization that has supported illegal immigration.

Well I may be wrong, Are you saying a gay rights parade down Seven Hills Boulevard would be okay?

Thank you! I did not call Gary to try to start something with Jason. I called Gary to get his take on ICE, and after speaking with him I understand where he is coming from. The SO does not pull over enough potential illegals in a months period of time to come anywhere near justifying getting involved with the Feds on a program they only half ass administer.

I do fault Jason for trying to political grandstand and in the process come off telling the Sheriff's Department how they should be operated. We elected Gary Gulledge to do that job, and to the best of my knowledge he has been doing great at it. He does NOT need anyone on the BOC looking over his shoulder back-seat driving.

The point is I believe it was all grandstanding on Jason's part. Telling the voters what he thinks they want to hear, just like he was telling them earlier the BOC needs to cut the budget even further and cut out wasteful spending, then he promotes a program that could easily cost us $500,000 a year and in the process we would lose the revenue we are collecting in fines from the hispanics going to court for driving without a license. They pay those fines now.....if turned over to the Feds, and then turned loose, we would not see them in court.

• Like 2

I agree with what 3 kids said. If you want someone who really cares about he people of post 4, and is not beholden to any of the builders, vote for Tony Crowe.

He lives on a road that is basically one lane, part paved, part "improved" and part dirt. For those who don't know what an "improved" road is, it is tar and gravel, not a real paved road! The only reason the county doesn't just forget about the road is because the school buses travel it.

He fought (and stopped) a builder from getting the county to condem his neighbor's house and seizing the property. The house is right next store to his! It is not a pretty house and the builders didn't want prospective buyers to drive down the road and see the house. He fought the builders (again) and the county when the builders decided they wanted to cul-de-sac the road.

He was asked by concerned citizens of post 4 to run. He is not a professional politician, this will not be a stepping stone to other office. He is sick and tired of the games King Jerry played and he truely does want the best for all the residents of post 4, not just the ones who live on the north end. I have talked to Tony, I have not seen ANY of the other candidates bothering to come down our road and talk to us!

I don't have a dog in this hunt since I'm not in this district, but Jason was not only a member of GALEO, he served as the Secretary on the Board of GALEO.