Paulding.com

Pcom News for 7/16/2010

I seriously doubt that the GBI is going to be involved in something that is simply "political" in something as insignificant as a Paulding County Commission race.

BTW, 73% of the county agreed with me on the guys POS status. ;)

Are you dense? The guys status has nothing to do with W1972's post. That was all I tried to clarify. I could care less what folks think of the person. The post was about "investigation breaking against Jerry Shearin" right before an election. Sounds similar to this.. breaking news.... let's stir things up... just before an election.

And yes, if an allegation was made that is serious enough it would need to be investigated. Just ask social workers how many times they have to investigate a situation - only to find out that someone with a bone to pick made it up or didn't tell the whole truth.

Kinda like the poitical ads out on TV these last few weeks... 1/2 truths, right?

• Like 1

Are you dense? The guys status has nothing to do with W1972's post. That was all I tried to clarify. I could care less what folks think of the person. The post was about "investigation breaking against Jerry Shearin" right before an election. Sounds similar to this.. breaking news.... let's stir things up... just before an election.

And yes, if an allegation was made that is serious enough it would need to be investigated. Just ask social workers how many times they have to investigate a situation - only to find out that someone with a bone to pick made it up or didn't tell the whole truth.

Kinda like the poitical ads out on TV these last few weeks... 1/2 truths, right?

I would consider the timing pretty bad actually. Seems to me if it were all political it would have been released just before early voting started.

What's with you guys down at the Paulding GOP? Are all of you so backwoods that you can't carry on an intelligent debate without making personal attacks? First Little Ithy, then GOP Rules and now you. Let me guess, I bet you went to church this morning too didn't you?

Have you talked with Mrs. Cochran about the rumors?

!] The investigation against Shearin 2 years ago was a full fledged Ethics Commission investigation. There was indeed sufficient evidence to mount an investigation into various activities including donations from companies doing work for the county.

2] Shearin was cleared, this time, by the Ethics commission. The previous investigation ended up with him paying fines and giving the money back.

3] This is, by the way, the exact same Ethics Commission Panel who "grilled" Glenn Richardson....i.e.:

"Mr Richardson, Did you have an affair with the AGL Lobbyist who you were sponsoring the gas line bill for ?"

"No I wasn't!"

WHOOPS.......Next thing you know we have the Ex Mrs Richardson on Fox-5 telling us all about the affair her ex-husband had with the AGL lobbyist who he sponsored [and passed in the House] the bill for.

To make a long story short, the Ethics Committee has never done anything to any of the Republican politicians in anyway associated with Richardson and Company.

So to sum it up, Yes indeed Shearin was investigated by the State Ethics Committee, and like Richardson, they believed what he said and looked at no other evidence,.......case dismissed.

!] The investigation against Shearin 2 years ago was a full fledged Ethics Commission investigation. There was indeed sufficient evidence to mount an investigation into various activities including donations from companies doing work for the county.

2] Shearin was cleared, this time, by the Ethics commission. The previous investigation ended up with him paying fines and giving the money back.

3] This is, by the way, the exact same Ethics Commission Panel who "grilled" Glenn Richardson....i.e.:

"Mr Richardson, Did you have an affair with the AGL Lobbyist who you were sponsoring the gas line bill for ?"

"No I wasn't!"

WHOOPS.......Next thing you know we have the Ex Mrs Richardson on Fox-5 telling us all about the affair her ex-husband had with the AGL lobbyist who he sponsored [and passed in the House] the bill for.

To make a long story short, the Ethics Committee has never done anything to any of the Republican politicians in anyway associated with Richardson and Company.

So to sum it up, Yes indeed Shearin was investigated by the State Ethics Committee, and like Richardson, they believed what he said and looked at no other evidence,.......case dismissed.

And ...... The head of the ethics committee is now running for the governor of Georgia And Regan Republican is the chairman of the paulding county for Eric Johnson committee, What a joke!!!!

"No I wasn't!"

LOL! The rumors about Jerry I was referring to were much more unsavory than that..

Definitely 1/2 truths - The governor campaign has gotten really nasty

maybe we should break this into a thread about Ethics committee v. Jerry.

The Georgia Ethics Commission is a joke. Their idea of an investigation is "Did you do something wrong ?"...., "No, I did not."; and the investigation is closed. End of story. We have no ethics commission, at least not in realistic terms.

The Georgia Ethics Commission is a joke. Their idea of an investigation is "Did you do something wrong ?"...., "No, I did not."; and the investigation is closed. End of story. We have no ethics commission, at least not in realistic terms.

Wow! You've said something I can actually agree with! Did hell freeze over?