Paulding.com

Pcom News for 7/16/2010

Hey Pubby based on this report are you going to open this thread back up

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/248969-post-2-candidate-beverly-cochran-rumor-is-likely-libelslander/ Or can I start a new one?

I expect a new one would be started but I would not encourage it. I would be very careful as this remains a toxic circumstance upon which thousands of dollars in damages could be in balance on basis of a turn of phrase.

The principal remains a private citizen (maybe not a public figure) and no formal charges have been made. It really remains a toxic topic for public discussion until there are formal charges made. While I have heard that such may come, much of my information as to the nature of the charges, is from second hand sources. I don't doubt these sources but I know that their testimony is not admissible.

Said differently, we see smoke - from here it still could be steam (hot air) but someone has yelled fire from up yonder ... but we have not discovered fire our selves and the firemen aren't here yet putting it out. Still, we're not eager to be tied on a spit and roasted over it.

pubby

pubby

Easy to see who Pubby favors in these races! He does not make any bones about it!

Yes, but it's also obvious that Pubby has no problem calling out dumbass people who do dumbass things...and there were several.

I don't see where he has endorsed anyone, however, I do see where he has made it obvious who he does NOT support.

:lol:

What did you expect, NewsJunky? milquetoast.

pubby

No, not from you! I don't think this site would exist if you did not have strong opinions. I disagree with some of what you said but that's okay. I have no quarrel with the truth that appears in some of the fliers!!!! There really is no escaping the truth when it comes to campaigns. I do hate the twisting of it or out and out lies. Some of my favorite people disagree with me sometimes! laugh.gif

I expect a new one would be started but I would not encourage it. I would be very careful as this remains a toxic circumstance upon which thousands of dollars in damages could be in balance on basis of a turn of phrase.

The principal remains a private citizen (maybe not a public figure) and no formal charges have been made. It really remains a toxic topic for public discussion until there are formal charges made. While I have heard that such may come, much of my information as to the nature of the charges, is from second hand sources. I don't doubt these sources but I know that their testimony is not admissible.

Said differently, we see smoke - from here it still could be steam (hot air) but someone has yelled fire from up yonder ... but we have not discovered fire our selves and the firemen aren't here yet putting it out. Still, we're not eager to be tied on a spit and roasted over it.

pubby

pubby

May not be a fire yet, But I do hear sirens in the background :D

BTW I like the editorial, Please do more, And post in the county wide news, It will be read more

Easy to see who Pubby favors in these races! He does not make any bones about it!

But you really have to admit that Steve Golden made a serious mistake with his mailer, And could cost him a couple hundred votes and could tip the scales in Stout's favor.

But you really have to admit that Steve Golden made a serious mistake with his mailer, And could cost him a couple hundred votes and could tip the scales in Stout's favor.

I don't think it is ever a mistake to tell the truth. I might not have advised it but no one asked me.

I will say again if Stout wins it will be a clear victory for him because no one can say there was something they did not know.

The timing is very coincidental for allegations to be made and an investigation following. Weren't there allegations made against Shearin the weekend before the election also???

Who cares? He is a P.O.S.

Who cares? He is a P.O.S.

Really? Cheap shot.

I think who cares are the people here that are just trying to point out that FALSE allegations (whether you like Shearin or not) also came out 2 years ago just before the election.

People should consider the reason for the delay in "allegations" then and now. Seems to be done with an exact purpose of distracting voters prior to an election. If then or now there was anything to this, it could have been brought forward before 4 days prior to the election.

P.O.S. or not - the real P.O.S. is the person that brought false allegations two years ago on Jerry, and the ones trying the same tactic now.

Really? Cheap shot.

I think who cares are the people here that are just trying to point out that FALSE allegations (whether you like Shearin or not) also came out 2 years ago just before the election.

People should consider the reason for the delay in "allegations" then and now. Seems to be done with an exact purpose of distracting voters prior to an election. If then or now there was anything to this, it could have been brought forward before 4 days prior to the election.

P.O.S. or not - the real P.O.S. is the person that brought false allegations two years ago on Jerry, and the ones trying the same tactic now.

I don't think we actually know that the allegations were false in either case. Once your buddy got his sorry ass handed to him there was no real need to continue the investigation. And if you think the allegations cost him his job you need to get out more. Jerry's screwing over of taxpayers to bolster his buddy's bottom lines is what cost him his office. As my dad used to say, "he just got to big for his britches." Oh, and losing his financier didn't help him either.

Really? Cheap shot.

are you saying that an investigation is not going on in regards to the allegations?

The timing is very coincidental for allegations to be made and an investigation following. Weren't there allegations made against Shearin the weekend before the election also???

Allegations come out the last few days on a lot of elections for instance the Stout allegation came out very close to election day and it proved to be true. What is your point?

you guys do realize that Jerry isn't running, right?

I swear there isn't a single thread about politics where he isn't mentioned.

Kind of like hearing "It's Bush's Fault" over and over. Hey, Jerry is not running and he is not in office. Just thought I would help the folks who don't know!laugh.gif

Kind of like hearing "It's Bush's Fault" over and over. Hey, Jerry is not running and he is not in office. Just thought I would help the folks who don't know!laugh.gif

The difference is that most of what is screwed up in Paulding IS Jerry's fault. And if any of his cronies are elected Jerry will be calling the shots again. He is bad enough that he should be watched like a hawk until all his crap can be thoroughly flushed out of Paulding politics.

The difference is that most of what is screwed up in Paulding IS Jerry's fault. And if any of his cronies are elected Jerry will be calling the shots again. He is bad enough that he should be watched like a hawk until all his crap can be thoroughly flushed out of Paulding politics.

I didn't realize he was that powerful. I need to make sure I get on his good side.

I didn't realize he was that powerful. I need to make sure I get on his good side.

Haven't seen him in awhile. I heard he was in Florida. You might have quite a drive to get on his good side. Then you might have to figure out which side of him that is.laugh.gif

And you are F.O.S.

This county is in MUCH WORSE shape now!

That has to be the dumbest statement made on p.com today. Of course the county is in worse shape than it was while Jerry was in office. We are now having to pay for the county office complex and courthouse that Jerry built with no taxpayer approval, we are paying at least two salaries at the airport (that Jerry built after the taxpayers said hell no) and we as a country went into the worst recession since the great depression. And if Jerry had been elected we would be in even worse shape than we are now. Without his master he is nothing but a bag of hot air.

Sorry to bust your bubble Paullete.

That has to be the dumbest statement made on p.com today. Of course the county is in worse shape than it was while Jerry was in office. We are now having to pay for the county office complex and courthouse that Jerry built with no taxpayer approval, we are paying at least two salaries at the airport (that Jerry built after the taxpayers said hell no) and we as a country went into the worst recession since the great depression. And if Jerry had been elected we would be in even worse shape than we are now. Without his master he is nothing but a bag of hot air.

Sorry to bust your bubble Paullete.

You need to open more threads :lol:

are you saying that an investigation is not going on in regards to the allegations?

No. I was commenting on feelip's comment about P.O.S. - from the post that W1972 made.

I'm guessing that original point was that similar rumors about Jerry being investigaged/arrested were made public just before the election 2 years ago.

I believe that was all of the post. Jerry being or not being a P.O.S. had nothing to do with W1972's post, which is the point of my post. I have no idea if an investigation is or isn't going on with anyone, as I am certainly not in the know.

What I do know is that a bunch of crap hitting the fan just before an election like this is usually some disgruntled person or independent person working silently on behalf of a campaign trying to ruin a candidacy for someone. I doubt the voters are dumb enough to believe any allegations against ANY candidate would majically come out just days before an election - unless someone put them out there to purposely cause trouble.

No. I was commenting on feelip's comment about P.O.S. - from the post that W1972 made.

I'm guessing that original point was that similar rumors about Jerry being investigaged/arrested were made public just before the election 2 years ago.

I believe that was all of the post. Jerry being or not being a P.O.S. had nothing to do with W1972's post, which is the point of my post. I have no idea if an investigation is or isn't going on with anyone, as I am certainly not in the know.

What I do know is that a bunch of crap hitting the fan just before an election like this is usually some disgruntled person or independent person working silently on behalf of a campaign trying to ruin a candidacy for someone. I doubt the voters are dumb enough to believe any allegations against ANY candidate would majically come out just days before an election - unless someone put them out there to purposely cause trouble.

I would agree with the stuff that happened years ago coming to light, but in my situation, the candidate acted irresponsibly while on the campaign trail. It's a coincidence that it's right before the election.

MEvans:

That was my first reaction as well. Something out of the blue with no substance.

However, this appears to be more than that. While its timing makes it look political, my opinion is that it really isn't.

pubby

MEvans:

That was my first reaction as well. Something out of the blue with no substance.

However, this appears to be more than that. While its timing makes it look political, my opinion is that it really isn't.

pubby

The timing makes it COMPLETELY political. Whether it "appears" to be more or not. A good smear would "appear" to have substance.

Something coming out on a candidate could be by either a supporter of another campaign, or by someone independent with an axe to grind for some reason. But anytime this happens just before an election, it was done to have political ramifications.

• Like 2

The timing makes it COMPLETELY political. Whether it "appears" to be more or not. A good smear would "appear" to have substance.

Something coming out on a candidate could be by either a supporter of another campaign, or by someone independent with an axe to grind for some reason. But anytime this happens just before an election, it was done to have political ramifications.

I seriously doubt that the GBI is going to be involved in something that is simply "political" in something as insignificant as a Paulding County Commission race.

BTW, 73% of the county agreed with me on the guys POS status. ;)