Paulding.com

First Annual City of Dallas SummerFest

Please join us in our First Annual City of Dallas SummerFest. It will be held at Sara Babb Park on August 1st, 2010 from 12-8pm and then we will close it up with a "Movie in the Park". This is going to be a fun event designed to bring the community together. We will have many vendors and businesses their advertising and selling their goods. We will also have food, games for children to play,and Carnival Promotions will be there with several large inflatables. We are also hosting a food drive for the local pantries and we will have registration for a Blood Drive that we are holding August 2nd at the park. I hope everyone can come out to this event with us and help support the community. If you have any questions feel free to contact me @ 678-577-6485 or cityofdallassummerfest@gmail.com. We also still have spaces avaliable for vendors and businesses and I have attached a vendor/booth application for those interested.

Thanks

Amber Whisner

SummerFest Coordinator

P.S.- If I have posted this in the wrong department please let me know. Thanks

vendor app.doc

This sounds like a great idea. To me it brings back memories of when this park was started. The only two living members of the original committee that formed the orginization [Youth Club Inc] are Dean Hardy and myself. The deceased members were Dean Cochran and of course Sarah Babb.I do not remember if there were other members. The first thing that we worked for was the swimming pool. Sidney Clodfelter of Marietta gave us a very good price and worked with us to build the pool. As I remember Paulding Federal Savings and Loan made us the loan to build the pool. I think they required about a dozen of us to sign the note, and no one wanted to be the first signee. It was uncertain as to how many members we could get to join the club for a fee and how much revenue the pool would generate. The rest is history.

Dr. Covington

This sounds like a great idea. To me it brings back memories of when this park was started. The only two living members of the original committee that formed the orginization [Youth Club Inc] are Dean Hardy and myself. The deceased members were Dean Cochran and of course Sarah Babb.I do not remember if there were other members. The first thing that we worked for was the swimming pool. Sidney Clodfelter of Marietta gave us a very good price and worked with us to build the pool. As I remember Paulding Federal Savings and Loan made us the loan to build the pool. I think they required about a dozen of us to sign the note, and no one wanted to be the first signee. It was uncertain as to how many members we could get to join the club for a fee and how much revenue the pool would generate. The rest is history.

Dr. Covington

Can you remember the exact year that the pool opened and we would love to have you come join our event.