Paulding.com

Post 4 commission race

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing you know the difference between illegals and Hispanics? I seriously doubt that the company that did the hardscapes in Dallas were knowingly working any illegal aliens. I work on project

Did you all see the press release from Jason regarding illegal immigration? Any thoughts on that topic (illegal immigration) and impact in Paulding?       For Immediate Release: July 6th,

When he stopped by my house, I told him how displeased I am that the county and cities allow sub-contracts to hire illegals. The grass cutters that cut the county right of ways appears to be illegal,

Posted Images

Where is my old Republican Party and what happened to the idea of a smaller, less intrusive government. You guys are sucking that government teat harder than a welfare broodmare. Absolutely sickening.

You can say that again.

It's getting sad.

Spend more and tax less... sounds a lot like the democrats in congress...

RR You cannot win this arguement with Jason as your candidate he has been a part of an organization that opposes this up til a so called press release.

Now if you jump onto Tony Crowes bandwagon you may have an arguement but wait.................Did Tony sub out work to the illegals?

Actually, I do not have the authority to demand to see immigration papers on anyone. I think they are suspect when they do not speak English and or claim not to speak English. Do you have a better way of deciding someone's legal status?

There are laws protecting legal immigrants from discrimination. If I don't abide by these laws I get fined. The illegal immigrants know this and have no fear of any kind of punishment if they are caught. I agree, something needs to be done, but this crap that the local Republican party is hyping up does nothing. Bad idea and nothing but an attempt to get a few votes from uninformed people.

AND could someone tell me why this is still in the cafe? :blink:

E-verify is the only resource available for employers to cover their backside. Without it you risk getting caught hiring an illegal or being sued by an applicant because you're guessing on whether they're legal or not.

E-VERIFY PROTECTS THE EMPLOYER

Using E-Verify allows the employer to comply with state laws and the upcoming rule for federal contractors. In addition, the MOU states that no person or entity participating in E-Verify shall be civilly or criminally liable under any law for any action they take in good faith on information provided through the confirmation system, such as terminating an employee. Many companies are using E-Verify to protect their brand. As U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE is the investigative arm of DHS) steps up audits and worksite enforcement actions, employers are increasingly concerned about the negative impact an audit or enforcement action may have on the company’s brand image and stock price.

RR

Let's get back to Jason's "Press Release":

Why doesn't Jason speak with Sheriff Gary Gulledge about participating in ICE, and find out why Gary is not thrilled with the idea ?

How does Jason intend to fund our Sheriff's Department pulling officers off their beats so they can be dedicated ICE Deputies ? That is the officers, patrol cars, and all of the computer equipment ?

How many illegals are actually arrested in Paulding per month, and what happens to the ones identified as illegals ?

Is Jason planning to be a Post Commissioner who intends to micromanage the Sheriff's Department ? Last I heard the voters elect the Sheriff to run that Department and they are independent from BOC control. Is this supposed to be changing under Jason's plan ?

Comparing Paulding to Gwinnett and Cobb is total BS. We have no where near the Hispanic population they have, or for that matter even Polk County. What is the deal with all this political grandstanding ?

I suggest Jason get a bit more educated in his plans as outlined in this most recent "Press Release".

• Like 1

I see political grandstanding from the Press Releases.

A post commissioner is now deciding what programs the Sheriff's Department will, and will not participate in, with no answer as to how any new program will be funded while at the same time demanding the BOC cuts another $500,000 out of an already lean budget.

I see a RINO, who was a Democrat on the Doraville city council and who registered to run as a Democrat for the State Senate 4 years ago. Let's see, that's 2 years AFTER the Republicans took over the Legislature.

And he was a member of GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF ELECTED LATINO OFFICIALS (GAELO}, and an elected official, as long as it suited him for his Doraville constituents.

That's more zigs and zags than Zell Miller.

I believe David Austin campaigned on the illegal immigrant issue in Paulding County too. How is it different from this young man campaigning on it? I have heard nothing more on the issue since the last election. Sheriff Gulledge has not changed his opinion in any way. He has always been straight up about his views. I like Jason's ideas about this.

You have always been against enforcement of the law regarding illegals (as far as I can tell by your past posts).

• Like 1

I believe David Austin campaigned on the illegal immigrant issue in Paulding County too. How is it different from this young man campaigning on it? I have heard nothing more on the issue since the last election. Sheriff Gulledge has not changed his opinion in any way. He has always been straight up about his views. I like Jason's ideas about this.

You have always been against enforcement of the law regarding illegals (as far as I can tell by your past posts).

NewsJunky The difference between David and Jason on this issue is the fact that David has been straight forward all along against Illegal’s taking jobs from Americans And has never been a Member of GAELO, An organization that has been campaigning for some time for amnesty for those who are here illegally, Furthermore David has never been elected to an official position as Jason has in GAELO I think Jason is grasping for issues to get his campaign off center, And he should be ashamed of himself.

How would you feel if you discovered that Steve Golden and Tony Crowe were using Illegal’s to perform work in their business?

NewsJunky The difference between David and Jason on this issue is the fact that David has been straight forward all along against Illegal's taking jobs from Americans And has never been a Member of GAELO, An organization that has been campaigning for some time for amnesty for those who are here illegally, Furthermore David has never been elected to an official position as Jason has in GAELO I think Jason is grasping for issues to get his campaign off center, And he should be ashamed of himself.

How would you feel if you discovered that Steve Golden and Tony Crowe were using Illegal's to perform work in their business?

Would have no respect for them and would not vote for them. I sure do hope you are not about to say either of them are.unsure.gif

How about asking Gary Gulledge what he thinks about the ICE involement ? Is Jason planning to dictate how the Sheriff's Department does their job ?

I am 100% for shipping all illegals back to where they came from. But I am also a big believer in doing it through the proper channels. ICE will not do much at all to addressing this problem but what Anivitarte has proposed will cost us in Paulding $300.000 per year or more, and we get nothing back. As it stands now, for those hispanics who are arrested for traffice violations, etc., get a $700+ fine, which they pay, and community service work. With the ICE program we get no fines and end up turining a bunch of them loose.

Call Gary Gulledge and ask him what he wants to do....

• Like 1

How about asking Gary Gulledge what he thinks about the ICE involement ? Is Jason planning to dictate how the Sheriff's Department does their job ?

I am 100% for shipping all illegals back to where they came from. But I am also a big believer in doing it through the proper channels. ICE will not do much at all to addressing this problem but what Anivitarte has proposed will cost us in Paulding $300.000 per year or more, and we get nothing back. As it stands now, for those hispanics who are arrested for traffice violations, etc., get a $700+ fine, which they pay, and community service work. With the ICE program we get no fines and end up turining a bunch of them loose.

Call Gary Gulledge and ask him what he wants to do....

I have already asked him, before his election, and again just recently. He is totally honest and does not make any apologies for his views. I may disagree with him but I also respect him and his opinion. I believe he is very good at his job. I don't know how much a Commissioner can do when the Sheriff has a different opinion. I have no knowledge of the workings of the offices involved when dealing with a policy such as this. I do know that Sheriff Neal Warren, in Cobb County, feels that his program is very successful and ICE does deport the illegals they arrest. They recently renewed their program.

• Like 1

I have already asked him, before his election, and again just recently. He is totally honest and does not make any apologies for his views. I may disagree with him but I also respect him and his opinion. I believe he is very good at his job. I don't know how much a Commissioner can do when the Sheriff has a different opinion. I have no knowledge of the workings of the offices involved when dealing with a policy such as this. I do know that Sheriff Neal Warren, in Cobb County, feels that his program is very successful and ICE does deport the illegals they arrest. They recently renewed their program.

I have to agree with the Sheriff. Why should we spend $300,000+ per year, to turn over 10-12 illegals a month to the Feds, half of which they will turn loose. As it goes now, they go in front of Judge Anderson who fines them$700+, which they pay.

Until the Feds are prepared to deport every illegal arrested it would be a waste of time and money. I thought Jason was against wasteful BOC spending, yet he is endorsing this ?

• Like 1

I have to agree with the Sheriff. Why should we spend $300,000+ per year, to turn over 10-12 illegals a month to the Feds, half of which they will turn loose. As it goes now, they go in front of Judge Anderson who fines them$700+, which they pay.

Until the Feds are prepared to deport every illegal arrested it would be a waste of time and money. I thought Jason was against wasteful BOC spending, yet he is endorsing this ?

I don't think I have ever heard him speak of the cost. I would be very surprised if it were anywhere near that but I could ask some folks who know for sure. Are you sure he gave those figures? I still like Jason's ideas. I wish they could be implemented. I am learning not to have as much faith in campaign promises as I once did. I can say that if Sheriff Gulledge says something I believe him. I have never known him to shy away from the truth, no matter what I, or anyone else thinks of the issue. To the best of my knowledge he has made no promises that he has not kept.

I don't think I have ever heard him speak of the cost. I would be very surprised if it were anywhere near that but I could ask some folks who know for sure. Are you sure he gave those figures? I still like Jason's ideas. I wish they could be implemented. I am learning not to have as much faith in campaign promises as I once did. I can say that if Sheriff Gulledge says something I believe him. I have never known him to shy away from the truth, no matter what I, or anyone else thinks of the issue. To the best of my knowledge he made no promises that he has not kept.

You do the math. 6 new officers [2 per shift] dedicated only to the ICE program plus patrol car and other equipment.

And just what do we get in return for putting those 6 officers out there looking for illegals ?

Where does the funding come from to pay for them?

• Like 1

You do the math. 6 new officers [2 per shift] dedicated only to the ICE program plus patrol car and other equipment.

And just what do we get in return for putting those 6 officers out there looking for illegals ?

Where does the funding come from to pay for them?

I know I'd much rather have those officers investigating items like the park encounters.

If the feds are so hot on illegals, let THEM fund it. Not going to happen.

I know I'd much rather have those officers investigating items like the park encounters.

If the feds are so hot on illegals, let THEM fund it. Not going to happen.

The trouble is that the Feds are not hot to do this job. The Democrats are in control and they are hot to get the Hispanic vote. It is becoming clearer every day that the States and Local governments are going to have to protect their citizens from the crime and cost to their economies that comes with illegals. You should really look at the cost that 480,000 illegals are to the State of Georgia. That does not even take into account the number of jobs that they take from legal American citizens. Please don't say they are jobs that Americans won't do. That is a LIE in this economy!!! These are the last figures I saw on the numbers in Georgia.

• Like 1

So what do the illegals have to do with the Post 4 commission race? Not sure I understand.

Go back and read the press release from Anivitarte that initiated this thread.

He want Paulding to adopt the ICE program so we can spend $300,000+ per year to possibly detain illegals and take them to the Feds in Atlanta IF they will accept them. And I am not real wild about the idea of the BOC telling the Sheriff how to run his department. The citizens elected Gary Gulledge to run the Sheriff's Department. Let him run it.

The trouble is that the Feds are not hot to do this job. The Democrats are in control and they are hot to get the Hispanic vote. It is becoming clearer every day that the States and Local governments are going to have to protect their citizens from the crime and cost to their economies that comes with illegals. You should really look at the cost that 480,000 illegals are to the State of Georgia. That does not even take into account the number of jobs that they take from legal American citizens. Please don't say they are jobs that Americans won't do. That is a LIE in this economy!!! These are the last figures I saw on the numbers in Georgia.

So do you want Paulding spending the money to participate in ICE, only to have the Feds tell us they don't want this one or that one ? Are we going to carry them back to the border ?

Anivitarte wants to cut the budget and additional $500,000 but at the same time he wants Sheriff Gulledge to enroll us into a program that is going to cost us big bucks with nothing in return ?

Until you look at the stats on the number of violent and dangerous illegal

criminals that are roaming our country and victimizing our citizens daily...

Sadly, I think it will take yet another tragedy before the residents of Paulding

county wake up to the serious consequences of an unchecked illegal sanctuary :

Josie Bluhm, 4, Killed By Illegal Alien Eleazar Rangel-Ochoa

post-4090-12792965636_thumb.jpg

I'll go you one better, Mrs. H - I think it'll take a tragedy of great magnitude to get people to wake up (in the country at large, I'm speaking of). It's daily routine in Mexico these days to wake up of news of three bodies found hanging from a bridge, or eight headless bodies found in a car with their heads sitting atop of a car hood, or four people found with their hearts cut out and threatening notes pinned to their shirts. When that starts happening here, people will wake up and smell the coffee. As far as Paulding goes, we DO NOT want to become another Gwinnett, who ignored illegal and gang activity for years, and now they're just having to roll with it because they can't control it.

I'll go you one better, Mrs. H - I think it'll take a tragedy of great magnitude to get people to wake up (in the country at large, I'm speaking of). It's daily routine in Mexico these days to wake up of news of three bodies found hanging from a bridge, or eight headless bodies found in a car with their heads sitting atop of a car hood, or four people found with their hearts cut out and threatening notes pinned to their shirts. When that starts happening here, people will wake up and smell the coffee. As far as Paulding goes, we DO NOT want to become another Gwinnett, who ignored illegal and gang activity for years, and now they're just having to roll with it because they can't control it.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Go back and read the press release from Anivitarte that initiated this thread.

He want Paulding to adopt the ICE program so we can spend $300,000+ per year to possibly detain illegals and take them to the Feds in Atlanta IF they will accept them. And I am not real wild about the idea of the BOC telling the Sheriff how to run his department. The citizens elected Gary Gulledge to run the Sheriff's Department. Let him run it.

So do you want Paulding spending the money to participate in ICE, only to have the Feds tell us they don't want this one or that one ? Are we going to carry them back to the border ?

Anivitarte wants to cut the budget and additional $500,000 but at the same time he wants Sheriff Gulledge to enroll us into a program that is going to cost us big bucks with nothing in return ?

I think the way it works is that those with Criminal history are deported. I don't know what they do with the others but I am sure you could find volunteers to drive them to the Border!laugh.gif

I have no clue how much input the BOC has in the policy of the Sheriff's office. I have to say that if the Sheriff opposes the program then that should be the final say in the matter. The Sheriff should be able to set his own policy. That still does not change the fact that I like Jason's ideas on the subject. I can't vote in that post so it does not matter what I think of him. I like David and his ideas too.

You have certainly done your homework!!!!clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

RR

Let's get back to Jason's "Press Release":

Why doesn't Jason speak with Sheriff Gary Gulledge about participating in ICE, and find out why Gary is not thrilled with the idea ?

How does Jason intend to fund our Sheriff's Department pulling officers off their beats so they can be dedicated ICE Deputies ? That is the officers, patrol cars, and all of the computer equipment ?

How many illegals are actually arrested in Paulding per month, and what happens to the ones identified as illegals ?

Is Jason planning to be a Post Commissioner who intends to micromanage the Sheriff's Department ? Last I heard the voters elect the Sheriff to run that Department and they are independent from BOC control. Is this supposed to be changing under Jason's plan ?

Comparing Paulding to Gwinnett and Cobb is total BS. We have no where near the Hispanic population they have, or for that matter even Polk County. What is the deal with all this political grandstanding ?

I suggest Jason get a bit more educated in his plans as outlined in this most recent "Press Release".

I'd like a ring side seat if that were the case..... :drinks: My bet's on the Sheriff.

I'd like a ring side seat if that were the case..... drinks.gif My bet's on the Sheriff.

Mine too!!smile.gif

I also wonder why Jason did not speak to the Sheriff before sending out his ideas. The cost could be a huge factor right now and I am sure that would be one of the Sheriff's major concerns. He is not known for making a decision without having all of the facts.

I feel Jason's Press Release was done in the same manner as much of what Glenn Richardson's legislation was all about.....political grandstanding. Glenn was real good at sponsoring legislation like the bill mandating Bible study to be offered as an elective. Yet his own BOE never would even take up the topic for discussion. It was all done for a look-good, feel-good agenda for the voters. Too bad he spent even less time on real pertinent legislation to help out the home crowd like Impact Fees.

In Doraville, with a HUGE hispanic population Jason was an executive member of the Galeo, the hispanic lobbying group, and a bit on the Liberal side.

Now, in NE Paulding county, with a tiny hispanic voter base, he is all for E-Verify and ICE, a federal program to assist them with apprehending felon hispanics, or even terrorists, and turning them over to the Feds.

I see this as a Flip-Flop to appease his new voter base.

And yes, it is too bad he did not speak with Gary Gulledge first. Y

es, Cobb is involved with ICE, and has 12 dedicated officers. They also have a much, much larger hispanic community and lots more JOBS for hispanic workers. Other than construction, we don't. It is costing them a substantial amount of funding for those 12 officers, and that is funding Paulding does not have available.

Until you look at the stats on the number of violent and dangerous illegal

criminals that are roaming our country and victimizing our citizens daily...

Sadly, I think it will take yet another tragedy before the residents of Paulding

county wake up to the serious consequences of an unchecked illegal sanctuary :

A lot of little kids are killed by their mother's boyfriends also, so what's your point? You think we should deport all boyfriends also? There are a lot of violent and dangerous citizens also.

The point is that preventing crime by ANYONE is the PCSO mandate. That's hard enough without them trying to take on the on the Federal Govt's role in immigration and if they do it, is probably a exercise of tilting at windmills when you consider that with Obama in office, the feds will never take illegal immigration seriously.

Tell you what, you think your candidate will agree to the half mil increase in the property tax it would take to support this program if he's sure it's such a great idea?

Let hear him put *our* money where *his* mouth is.

A lot of little kids are killed by their mother's boyfriends also, so what's your point? You think we should deport all boyfriends also? There are a lot of violent and dangerous citizens also.

The point is that preventing crime by ANYONE is the PCSO mandate. That's hard enough without them trying to take on the on the Federal Govt's role in immigration and if they do it, is probably a exercise of tilting at windmills when you consider that with Obama in office, the feds will never take illegal immigration seriously.

Tell you what, you think your candidate will agree to the half mil increase in the property tax it would take to support this program if he's sure it's such a great idea?

Let hear him put *our* money where *his* mouth is.

But Jason's campaign literature and press releases say he is absolutely against any "wasteful spending", and the ICE program would be a total waste of taxpayer money.

But Jason's campaign literature and press releases say he is absolutely against any "wasteful spending", and the ICE program would be a total waste of taxpayer money.

I don't agree that it is a waste of money. I think we should have it. That being said, I do not have all of the information that the Sheriff has.

I don't agree that it is a waste of money. I think we should have it. That being said, I do not have all of the information that the Sheriff has.

Right now, the illegals are arrested when caught driving without a valid drivers license. If we had ICE, we would run them through the ICE data base and call the FEDS in Atlanta and tell them who we have. If they are a possible terrorist or felon, we would possible turn them over to them. As far as the typical under the radar illegal, they would tell us to turn them loose. And for this we would pay $300.000 a year minimum. Possibly a great deal more.

As it is now, if arrested for no license; they go to probate court and pay a $700 fine. Which according to Sheriff Gulledge they ALL pay. They run 20-23 or 24 a month. That is $150,000 of fines collected per year. If they are a convicted felon, it will show up on the current system.

I don't see where spending the money to participate with 6 officers with ICE would be worthwhile to Paulding. Cobb yes, Dekalb and Gwinett and Hall I can see it. We just don't have a large enough hispanic presence to waste that kind of money trying to do the Feds job for them on our tax nickel.

Right now, the illegals are arrested when caught driving without a valid drivers license. If we had ICE, we would run them through the ICE data base and call the FEDS in Atlanta and tell them who we have. If they are a possible terrorist or felon, we would possible turn them over to them. As far as the typical under the radar illegal, they would tell us to turn them loose. And for this we would pay $300.000 a year minimum. Possibly a great deal more.

As it is now, if arrested for no license; they go to probate court and pay a $700 fine. Which according to Sheriff Gulledge they ALL pay. They run 20-23 or 24 a month. That is $150,000 of fines collected per year. If they are a convicted felon, it will show up on the current system.

I don't see where spending the money to participate with 6 officers with ICE would be worthwhile to Paulding. Cobb yes, Dekalb and Gwinett and Hall I can see it. We just don't have a large enough hispanic presence to waste that kind of money trying to do the Feds job for them on our tax nickel.

If you think they are not coming to Paulding from counties that have adopted the program, think again. They drive through here to get other places too. I have a problem with them not being deported because there are not enough jobs for legal American mothers and fathers to feed their own children. During the last depression they were deported period. Obama is going to give them amnesty and they will instantly be legal. 480,000 right here in Georgia. More votes for him less work for American parents to earn money to provide for their children.

The point is that preventing crime by ANYONE is the PCSO mandate.

Last time I checked ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is a crime.

Federal law already mandates and authorizes local

law enforcement with the power to report and detain

illegal aliens via the ICE Law Enforcement Support

Center in Vermont and US Code Title 8 Section 1324

Subsection C (Authority to Arrest):

No officer or person shall have authority to make any arrests for a

violation of any provision of this section except officers and employees

of the Service designated by the Attorney General, either individually

or as a member of a class, and all other officers whose duty it is

to enforce criminal laws.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/usc_sec_08_00001324----000-.html

Last time I checked ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is a crime.

Federal law already mandates and authorizes local

law enforcement with the power to report and detain

illegal aliens via the ICE Law Enforcement Support

Center in Vermont and US Code Title 8 Section 1324

Subsection C (Authority to Arrest):

No officer or person shall have authority to make any arrests for a

violation of any provision of this section except officers and employees

of the Service designated by the Attorney General, either individually

or as a member of a class, and all other officers whose duty it is

to enforce criminal laws.

http://www.law.corne...24----000-.html

Then why does Jason want us to have a separate group of ICE officers, trained by ICE, put dedicated to only illegal immigration law enforcement ?

If they show up in the data base as illegals now they can notify the feds, who, per Sheriff Gulledge, don't want them. So instead we arrest those who are in violation and Judge Anderson fines the snot out of them, and they pay up.

I don't see where we need to pay 6 dedicated officers to do this though.

If you think they are not coming to Paulding from counties that have adopted the program, think again. They drive through here to get other places too. I have a problem with them not being deported because there are not enough jobs for legal American mothers and fathers to feed their own children. During the last depression they were deported period. Obama is going to give them amnesty and they will instantly be legal. 480,000 right here in Georgia. More votes for him less work for American parents to earn money to provide for their children.

I don't forsee any across the board amnesty coming by Obama or anyone else. We did that under Reagan and Daddy Bush and it did not work then, and won't work now.

I totally agree that illegals need to be deported, but in order to crack down and stop them, the employer has to be liable both judicially and financially. If there are no jobs for them then they will leave. Trying to stop them and carry them back to the border is a waste of time and money though,....they would beat the bus driver back here 9 times out of 10.