Paulding.com

Post 4 commission race

Did you all see the press release from Jason regarding illegal immigration?

Any thoughts on that topic (illegal immigration) and impact in Paulding?

For Immediate Release: July 6th, 2010

********************* PRESS RELEASE *********************

Anavitarte Recommends Local Solutions to Help Combat Illegal Immigration

Jason Anavitarte, Republican Candidate for Paulding County Commission Post 4, has proposed that the county adopt current federal programs E-Verify and 287g to help stem the influx of illegal immigrants into West Georgia.

Anavitarte stated, “Not many folks realize that there are more illegal immigrants in Georgia than there are in the whole state of Arizona. Unfortunately, our current and past commissioners have not taken advantage of the tools that are available for local counties and municipalities to help combat this problem. Now more than ever, we need to ensure that the residents of Paulding County are not being passed over for employment due to illegal immigration.”

First, Anavitarte recommends the county require local businesses to enroll in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program in order to obtain or renew a business license. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. The number of worksites using E-Verify across the country is now well over 500,000 and it is free for employers to access.

Secondly, Jason is advocating for local law enforcement to be trained and authorized by ICE’s 287(g) program. This authorization by the Federal Government allows designated local officers to perform immigration enforcement functions. Paulding County would be joining other 287(g) approved counties in Georgia such as Cobb and Gwinnett.

Jason, whose father was raised in Puerto Rico, understands first-hand how volatile an issue illegal immigration has become. He stated, “A lot of folks have assumed and even gossiped that I must be weak on immigration because of my Hispanic roots. All I can say, is that I just wish they could have met my dad.” Jason’s father, Raul Anavitarte, joined the U.S. Army shortly after World War II. He later served in the Korean and Vietnam Wars and finished his military at Fort Hood in 1974. Warrant Officer Anavitarte was awarded the Purple Heart due to wounds received January 31, 1968 and was presented with the Army Medal of Commendation by Major General Shoemaker on April 1, 1973. He passed away in 2001 due to service-related illnesses and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

While Jason’s past membership in the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials has come under scrutiny by some of his opponents, Jason points to the fact that he left the organization once he realized that their goals were more political than civic. Anavitarte stated, “Trust me, in my house we were American first and Hispanic second. My father left no doubt in my mind about that. The bottom line is that I’m committed to protecting Paulding County from the costs and stresses that illegal immigration imposes and will work with my fellow commissioners to implement E-Verify and 287(g).”

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing you know the difference between illegals and Hispanics? I seriously doubt that the company that did the hardscapes in Dallas were knowingly working any illegal aliens. I work on project

Did you all see the press release from Jason regarding illegal immigration? Any thoughts on that topic (illegal immigration) and impact in Paulding?       For Immediate Release: July 6th,

When he stopped by my house, I told him how displeased I am that the county and cities allow sub-contracts to hire illegals. The grass cutters that cut the county right of ways appears to be illegal,

Posted Images

When he stopped by my house, I told him how displeased I am that the county and cities allow sub-contracts to hire illegals. The grass cutters that cut the county right of ways appears to be illegal, as they do not speak English.

When Dallas was bricking the sidewalks, it appeared illegals were doing that.

I have not witnessed but rumor has it that the county only hires a contractor for rockmason work that hires illegals, as of course, he is low bidder.

A lot of the repaving work goes to CW Matthews and that work appears to be done by illegals.

With the employment rate in this county bumping 11%, I think our tax money should be spent on hiring legal resides of Paulding County.

When I mentioned this to him, he said he would not have any control over that. Maybe he has changed his mind.

• Like 1

When he stopped by my house, I told him how displeased I am that the county and cities allow sub-contracts to hire illegals. The grass cutters that cut the county right of ways appears to be illegal, as they do not speak English.

I have not witnessed but rumor has it that the county only hires a contractor for rockmason work that hires illegals, as of course, he is low bidder.

A lot of the repaving work goes to CW Matthews and that work appears to be done by illegals.

With the employment rate in this county bumping 11%, I think our tax money should be spent on hiring legal resides of Paulding County.

When I mentioned this to him, he said he would not have any control over that. Maybe he has changed his mind.

I'm guessing you know the difference between illegals and Hispanics? I seriously doubt that the company that did the hardscapes in Dallas were knowingly working any illegal aliens. I work on projects with that company from time to time and they aren't nearly that stupid.

Everything this guy is grandstanding about is nothing more than what is now standard procedure in Cobb County after the courthouse fiasco a few months ago. It doesn't cost anything and it does very little to solve the problem. It's just a way to impress someone that knows nothing about it.

Let me just say that EVerify works so well that one of the actual illegals that was forced off the Cobb County job was able to go back to work there 6 weeks later. These systems are the equivalent of giving the Sheriff Department a dog from the pound and saying it is going to be used in the war on drugs. Buys a few votes but does nothing to slow down the drug problem.

Why isn't this in the County Wide forum? Edit a link to help someone find good seafood and leave this bullcheeze in the cafe. :wacko:

• Like 3

The county could tweak it a little but if it's good enough for Arizona to implement state-wide, it's good enough for Paulding.

"As of January 1, 2008, all employers in Arizona, regardless of size, will be required to use the federal government’s E-Verify program to verify the status of new employees."

The county could tweak it a little but if it's good enough for Arizona to implement state-wide, it's good enough for Paulding.

"As of January 1, 2008, all employers in Arizona, regardless of size, will be required to use the federal government’s E-Verify program to verify the status of new employees."

I disagree. Why is it that something Arizona implements is good enough for us? Did I miss something? Is Arizona now known for its superior intelligence?

Another problem I have with EVerify is the government is making businesses do its leg work. Between taxes, insurance and government regulations, it's is getting hard to show a profit as a small business. But I guess some Republicans are still hoping the old trickle down economics will work out one day.

• Like 1

I disagree. Why is it that something Arizona implements is good enough for us? Did I miss something? Is Arizona now known for its superior intelligence?

Another problem I have with EVerify is the government is making businesses do its leg work. Between taxes, insurance and government regulations, it's is getting hard to show a profit as a small business. But I guess some Republicans are still hoping the old trickle down economics will work out one day.

It is against the law for businesses to hire illegal aliens. The governement has provided a free resource for them to use to verify their new hires. Businesses should use it unless they have a better way of figuring out who is legal and who is not.

It is against the law for businesses to hire illegal aliens. The governement has provided a free resource for them to use to verify their new hires. Businesses should use it unless they have a better way of figuring out who is legal and who is not.

Spoken like someone that has no idea of what they are talking about. Have you actually used EVerify?

If the federal government wanted to stop the illegal aliens from coming into this country you damn well better believe that it could be stopped by this time next week. It would bankrupt the country. This is nothing but a silly assed little game that the government is playing to make everyone think they are actually doing something. It is as much a vote buying tactic as the war on drugs.

EVerify has not and never will do anything to slow the influx of illegal aliens into this country. I have used it and it is full of holes. Not to mention having to be politically correct or the thought to be illegal will be suing you for everything you have.

You guys should really look into some of this stuff before jumping on the first bandwagon that comes by. :wacko:

We use e-verifile to do required background checks for our guys who will be working on railroad property. They are not free. It costs us around $60 per employee to do the background check and print their badge.

This is, I am afraid, political grandstanding by Jason Anivitarte.

The ICE program he wants us to join up with will do very little for us based on the number of hispanic arrests going through our court system.

And, I have a question for Jason:

You want another $500,000 cut out of the county budget as it is. Just how are you going to fund dedicated ICE officers ? Are you suggesting we do similar to Cobb and pull 2 to 4 officers, PER SHIFT, off their current duties and assign them to ICE ? Or are you suggesting funding new positions ?

ICE officers must be dedicated to just doing ICE work for the Feds, who may, or may not even take the suspect when arrested.

I think maybe we should let Gary Gulledge choose what programs he feels the Sheriff's Department needs to be involved in. We elected him Sheriff 2 years ago, let him do his job.

The total budget for the county is $105,925,491 for 2011 (as proposed). That includes everything. If we can't find the money or resources to process illegal aliens then shame on us. Put this one on the ballot and see what the citizens of Paulding say.

The total budget for the county is $105,925,491 for 2011 (as proposed). That includes everything. If we can't find the money or resources to process illegal aliens then shame on us. Put this one on the ballot and see what the citizens of Paulding say.

Jason is stating he wants to see another $500,000 cut out of the budget, and you want to had more deputies and vehicles and equipment ONLY to try to find illegals ?

I ask again, how are you planning to fund this ?

Has Jason discussed this brilliant plan with our duly elected Sheriff to see what he thinks ?

What do you and Jason really know about the ICE program, how it works, what it costs, and how many illegals they round up ?

It would all depend on whether it was presented in a truthful, factual and non-slanted version or if it had this vote buying spin that Jason is trying. He is trying to appeal to the frustration we all have with the Hispanic illegals. Someone who is ignorant to how this actually works it might appear to be a good thing. But from those of us that have USED this system I can tell you that once you get past the "let's get them Mexicans out of here" hype, there ain't much else to it.

There is an article at USAtoday.com about Hispanics in Paulding county georgia. It says that Paulding county is one of the top 10 counties in the nation with the fastest growing percentage of Hispanics. Since 2000 we have growth rate of 236%.

NEW FACES

The 10 counties with a 2006 population above 100,000 that have had the fastest percentage of grwoth among Hispanics since 2000.

County State % change

Paulding Ga. 236

Henry Ga. 190

Spotsylvania Va. 182

Luzerne Pa. 176

Stafford Va. 172

Loudoun Va. 160

Prince William Va. 150

Frederick Md. 147

Lake Fla. 141

Rutherford Tenn. 138

I hear that one of the council members did the brick her, his company, is this right???????????????????

I hear that one of the council members did the brick her, his company, is this right???????????????????

I meant brick work, sorry.

We already have E verify in the county, but I bet you it is not being enforced.

From where I sit, the county getting involved in the Federal ICE program is a no-win deal. We spend money rounding up an occaisional illegal and then IF the Feds want him we turn him over. But we have to dedicate like 6 officers a day to this program and pay their costs. Is it worth it financially...? I don't see it.

• Like 1

I meant brick work, sorry.

No. The name of the company is Site Technologies. Their GA office is in Roswell.

From where I sit, the county getting involved in the Federal ICE program is a no-win deal. We spend money rounding up an occaisional illegal and then IF the Feds want him we turn him over. But we have to dedicate like 6 officers a day to this program and pay their costs. Is it worth it financially...? I don't see it.

Not true.

Not true.

Why don't you call Sheriff Gary Gulledge and ask him his take on ICE?

He says TRUE!

But like I said earlier, your buddy Jason apparently wants to tell the Sheriff's office how to run the department while taking away funding at the same time. ?????

Why don't you call Sheriff Gary Gulledge and ask him his take on ICE?

He says TRUE!

But like I said earlier, your buddy Jason apparently wants to tell the Sheriff's office how to run the department while taking away funding at the same time. ?????

Not true.

Not true.

Ahhh?

True!

I spoke with Sheriff Gulledge today. Jason, and you as well, are out on a limb with this one. Please explain how we as tax payers will even come close to breaking even on the costs for keeping our Paulding County streets clean of possible illegals ?

Jason wants to cut the budget by another $500,000 and wants to add unfunded officers to participate in ICE at the same time ?:

Sounds like some grandstanding to me.

Jason, come on here and tell us how you are going to fund this great plan. RR is not doing well with explaining it for you/

Ahhh?

True!

I spoke with Sheriff Gulledge today. Jason, and you as well, are out on a limb with this one. Please explain how we as tax payers will even come close to breaking even on the costs for keeping our Paulding County streets clean of possible illegals ?

Jason wants to cut the budget by another $500,000 and wants to add unfunded officers to participate in ICE at the same time ?:

Sounds like some grandstanding to me.

Jason, come on here and tell us how you are going to fund this great plan. RR is not doing well with explaining it for you/

Still not true.

Still not true.

By chance, have you spoken with Gary Gulledge about this ? I did today. It is a non-event subject. There is no return on investment, and where is the investment money going to come from ? Your buddy Jason wants to cut the budget further.

Why do you bother to post falsehoods, knowingly ?

Still not true.

Oh come on. Just admit that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about and let it go. Obviously Jason is either just another bullcheezeting politician or he is completely ignorant about these two issues. Having Hispanic roots doesn't make him an expert on illegal imigration.

It's only a matter of time. There is long waiting list for the 287g program and we need to get on it now.

Illegal immigrant population in Georgia doubles, confirms changing migration trends

http://www.sfexaminer.com/nation/illegal-immigrant-population-in-georgia-doubles-confirms-changing-migration-trends-85077657.html

In the years since, the number of illegal immigrants living in Georgia has skyrocketed, more than doubling to 480,000 from January 2000 to January 2009, according to a new federal report. That gave Georgia the greatest percentage increase among the 10 states with the biggest illegal immigrant populations during those years.

It's only a matter of time. There is long waiting list for the 287g program and we need to get on it now.

Illegal immigrant population in Georgia doubles, confirms changing migration trends

http://www.sfexaminer.com/nation/illegal-immigrant-population-in-georgia-doubles-confirms-changing-migration-trends-85077657.html

Where is my old Republican Party and what happened to the idea of a smaller, less intrusive government. You guys are sucking that government teat harder than a welfare broodmare. Absolutely sickening.

Some information about the Dustin Inman Society and D.A. King.

D.A. King is president of the Georgia-based Dustin Inman Society, a non partisan, multi-ethnic coalition actively dedicated to enforcement of American immigration and employment laws.

On the Web: www.TheDustinInmanSociety.org

Good article from D.A. King on the 287g program.

http://thedustininmansociety.org/blog/?p=2515

Here in Georgia, there are now four sheriffs with 287 (g) authority. The results are predictable and very visible in that all the right enemies are endlessly working to eliminate existing use. And to stop more sheriffs from gaining access to the federal power to use the database which reports immigration status of non citizens arrested for crimes in addition to illegal immigration.

And who is against more counties getting 287g certified?

Brilliantly illustrating the effectiveness of 287 (g), the ACLU has founded and supports the ‘Georgia Detention Watch’ here in the Peach State.

Their stated objective:

“We are dedicated to stopping the proliferation of 287(g) Agreements between localities and federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials as well as other attempts at local enforcement of immigration laws in Georgia…”

Where is my old Republican Party and what happened to the idea of a smaller, less intrusive government. You guys are sucking that government teat harder than a welfare broodmare. Absolutely sickening.

I understand your consternation, Feelip. I've been amazed how those who support a smaller less intrusive government are the primary proponents of a program that proposes to send everyone a government check every month.

For those who haven't made the connection, the monthly check to everyone is an element of the 'fair tax' proposal.

pubby

Some information about the Dustin Inman Society and D.A. King.

D.A. King is president of the Georgia-based Dustin Inman Society, a non partisan, multi-ethnic coalition actively dedicated to enforcement of American immigration and employment laws.

On the Web: www.TheDustinInmanSociety.org

Good article from D.A. King on the 287g program.

http://thedustininmansociety.org/blog/?p=2515

And who is against more counties getting 287g certified?

Story on WSB TV this morning about a carpet manufacturer in Dalton not hiring a Hispanic man because he didn't have a green card. He didn't have a green card because he was an AMERICAN CITIZEN. So now he is suing the carpet manufacturer for discrimination.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like 1

Actually, I do not have the authority to demand to see immigration papers on anyone. I think they are suspect when they do not speak English and or claim not to speak English. Do you have a better way of deciding someone's legal status?

I agree, if they are American Citizens, they need to speak English. That should be a requirement for them, before

they are citizens. Oh, but God forbid, it would be discrimination, I am so tired of this word. Did we hear this

word when we were growing up. NO

MEvans you stated

While Jason’s past membership in the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials has come under scrutiny by some of his opponents, Jason points to the fact that he left the organization once he realized that their goals were more political than civic.

I find this press release quite amusing, to say the least, Jason was an elected official of the GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF ELECTED LATINO OFFICIALS (GAELO} not just a member, and is still listed as one of the FRIENDS of this organization on the web site.

Now some two months after his election to this organization was exposed here on P.Com He states that he has now left the organization..... Really..... When did this occur?

Amazing that Jason will now endorse laws that GALEO is opposed to? WOW your candidate is very flexible.

This press release reminds me of the 1940’s, 1950’s era of Georgia politics, When Herman and Lester were running for Governor and both denounced membership in the KKK, yet both actively campaigned for their support.

A word to Jason, You can run from your record, but you cannot hide from it, GOOGLE is my friend, and you have been caught red handed

MEvans you stated

I find this press release quite amusing, to say the least, Jason was an elected official of the GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF ELECTED LATINO OFFICIALS (GAELO} not just a member, and is still listed as one of the FRIENDS of this organization on the web site.

Now some two months after his election to this organization was exposed here on P.Com He states that he has now left the organization..... Really..... When did this occur?

Amazing that Jason will now endorse laws that GALEO is opposed to? WOW your candidate is very flexible.

This press release reminds me of the 1940’s, 1950’s era of Georgia politics, When Herman and Lester were running for Governor and both denounced membership in the KKK, yet both actively campaigned for their support.

A word to Jason, You can run from your record, but you cannot hide from it, GOOGLE is my friend, and you have been caught red handed

Hey Jason did it ever occur to you,To check out the organization you were joining? Are you saying that when you ran for elected office it was a civic organization, And not a 501 C ?

Sorry jason the people on P.Com are smarter than this.

I see political grandstanding from the Press Releases.

A post commissioner is now deciding what programs the Sheriff's Department will, and will not participate in, with no answer as to how any new program will be funded while at the same time demanding the BOC cuts another $500,000 out of an already lean budget.

I see a RINO, who was a Democrat on the Doraville city council and who registered to run as a Democrat for the State Senate 4 years ago. Let's see, that's 2 years AFTER the Republicans took over the Legislature.

And he was a member of GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF ELECTED LATINO OFFICIALS (GAELO}, and an elected official, as long as it suited him for his Doraville constituents.

That's more zigs and zags than Zell Miller.

Jason is in good company. Rick Scott is the anti-establishment candidate for Governor in Florida and has called for E-Verify to be implemented state-wide.

Scott Slams Obama as Out of Touch with the Immigration Crisis

It is clearly time for the states to take matters into their own hands. That is why, when I am governor, I will bring Arizona’s common sense immigration legislation to Florida. And unlike President Obama who wants to blame well meaning employers who are victims of the federal government’s failure, I will pursue legislation in Florida that protects law abiding employers from the wrath of the government by requiring all employers in the state of Florida to use the free E-verify system to verify the legal status of their employees.

I see political grandstanding from the Press Releases.

A post commissioner is now deciding what programs the Sheriff's Department will, and will not participate in, with no answer as to how any new program will be funded while at the same time demanding the BOC cuts another $500,000 out of an already lean budget.

I see a RINO, who was a Democrat on the Doraville city council and who registered to run as a Democrat for the State Senate 4 years ago. Let's see, that's 2 years AFTER the Republicans took over the Legislature.

And he was a member of GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF ELECTED LATINO OFFICIALS (GAELO}, and an elected official, as long as it suited him for his Doraville constituents.

That's more zigs and zags than Zell Miller.

I see a very confused candidate,who is using another local web site to fool the voters of Paulding County, Facts are Facts google Jason Anavitarte and sit back for the next six hours and read about his connections with GAELO, The GLBT group in Atlanta, And His connections to the ATLANTA political machine. And his votes for domestic partenship while serving on the Doraville City Council.