Paulding.com

Lets see if things have changed - Election poll

152 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the GOP Nomination for District 19 House Seat?

• Daniel Stout (I)
    • Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Undecided
    • NA: not able to or will not vote in this contest
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Chad Plumley
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Dick Donovan
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Todd Pownall
    • Adam Gregory
    • Beverly Cochran
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Tommie Graham (I)
    • H.V. Collett II
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. Overall, are you happy with the candidates running in the Republican primary?

• Yes, there is at least one good choice in each ra
    • Yes, there are several races with two or more good candidates
    • No - Some races have good candidates but in others, none are really great.
    • No, the choices are dismal
    • I don't know the candidates well enough to know if they're good.

And all are Democrats who like to influence which Republican wins. And in this election, all the Democrats on PCOM like Whitey and SurePip want Tommie Graham, David Barnett, and Todd Pownall to win the republican primary. Just what Paulding needs, a bunch of Obama voters picking our county commissioners. :nea:

RR,

You are printing lies, AGAIN.

I am not now, nor ever have been a Democrat.

I have, on occaision, voted for a Democrat, but I have never in any way, shape or means been associated with the Party.

I also have never registered as a Republican, although I vote for far more Republicans than I do Democrats.

Where in the hell do you get off identifying someone in writing on a public message board as being a member of an organization of which they are NOT? Is this something you and Ithy get off on ? Same with his builder association mis-information posted last week.

And Hey, RR, just how many Statewide candidates are you personnally working with ? I not only support Gary Black, my daughter picked him up at the Paulding Airport. And I also had a meeting with Mark Butler Saturday as well, since if he wins he will be running against my wife's previous boss at the Ag Department, Terry Coleman. Who by the way is a Democrat. But I am supporting his opposition. You are a total nut case!angry.gif

Pubby I don't give a damn about the punks calling me out by name, but I do take umbrage at being identified as a member of a political party of which I am not. Who do I complain to ?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regan Republican   Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?   A review of the tax

I see your point. My understanding is that the East Hiram Parkway is fully funded and some of the properties have been purchased.   I would prefer to vote on the SPLOST after the BOC has been elect

Why don't you just make it easy for all the pedophiles. Post a google map link to my house, then another one to my work, then tell everyone how many children I have at home. Jackass.

RR,

You are printing lies, AGAIN.

I am not now, nor ever have been a Democrat.

I have, on occaision, voted for a Democrat, but I have never in any way, shape or means been associated with the Party.

I also have never registered as a Republican, although I vote for far more Republicans than I do Democrats.

Where in the hell do you get off identifying someone in writing on a public message board as being a member of an organization of which they are NOT? Is this something you and Ithy get off on ? Same with his builder association mis-information posted last week.

And Hey, RR, just how many Statewide candidates are you personnally working with ? I not only support Gary Black, my daughter picked him up at the Paulding Airport. And I also had a meeting with Mark Butler Saturday as well, since if he wins he will be running against my wife's previous boss at the Ag Department, Terry Coleman. Who by the way is a Democrat. But I am supporting his opposition. You are a total nut case!angry.gif

Pubby I don't give a damn about the punks calling me out by name, but I do take umbrage at being identified as a member of a political party of which I am not. Who do I complain to ?

There is no party registration in Georgia. You're associated with the Party you most align philosophically with. And for you, that's the Democrat Party. :)

There is no party registration in Georgia. You're associated with the Party you most align philosophically with. And for you, that's the Democrat Party. :)

So much for the big tent philosophy :) (but we already knew that :))

pubby

PS: So all those folks who tried to recruit me to the GOP over the years were lying because I can't be a republican because I don't fit your definition? Some how I knew that too ;)

pubby

PS: So all those folks who tried to recruit me to the GOP over the years were lying because I can't be a republican because I don't fit your definition? Some how I knew that too ;)

Ya, they just wanted to be filmed by you. :)

pubby

Pubby, I'm sorry, but you don't fit anybody's definition of a Republican. Not even a Blue Dog Democrat. :D

Just some news.

I found out who Surepip and Whitey are.

Surepip is Thad Morrison III

Whitey is Mr.

So now let them stand behind thier real name!!! Just an FYI to all those who like to know who they are speaking to.

You are really behind on your breaking news story Jerry Shearin called me out at a Commissioners meeting several years ago, In front of the video cameras,I have never tried to hide my Idenity nor my agenda.

I would really like to know who I am speaking too. Or do you intend to remain annoymous, Where you can secretely carry on your campaign for your favorite candidate.

I was called out on this site during the School board bond election, And many other elections, And could care less who knows my name heck most folks know where I live, Drop by some time I always like to meet idiots, Who think they have accomplished something, Only to discover the reality of their deeds

bbp12

Where you at!!!! Come on out from behind that avatar and lets talk about YOUR candidate Adam Gregory, And all of those post where you just raved and carried on about him how well he speaks.

A good speaker does not always make a good commissioner,Jerry Shearin was a good speaker

But a persons past record, will always follow that person around, SO................ Who was one of the first persons to donate to Adam Gregory's campaign? Yep ole Jerry $150.00 If my memory serves me right.

animal was that you I saw at the theatre the other night wearing the Adam Gregory Sticker? If it was would you care to explain to the readers if you are kin to Jerry Shearin? And what ties you have with the business corporation that runs the rodeo? Was Jerry a part of that in any way?

bbp12

Where you at!!!! Come on out from behind that avatar and lets talk about YOUR candidate Adam Gregory, And all of those post where you just raved and carried on about him how well he speaks.

A good speaker does not always make a good commissioner,Jerry Shearin was a good speaker

But a persons past record, will always follow that person around, SO................ Who was one of the first persons to donate to Adam Gregory's campaign? Yep ole Jerry $150.00 If my memory serves me right.

animal was that you I saw at the theatre the other night wearing the Adam Gregory Sticker? If it was would you care to explain to the readers if you are kin to Jerry Shearin? And what ties you have with the business corporation that runs the rodeo? Was Jerry a part of that in any way?

Explain why Liberal Democrats like yourself are supporting Todd Pownall?

Come on by with animal and I will be glad to explain it to you?

You sure were having fun when nobody was challenging your lies and propaganda. Party over. :yahoo:

You do know there are some conservatives supporting him too. He is running as a Republican. Has he ever been a Democrat?

I don't know much about him. That's why I'm asking what conservative qualities and beliefs of Todd's are attracting to a Liberal Democrat like Whitey.

Edited by Reagan Republican

You sure where having fun when nobody was challenging your lies and propaganda. Party over. yahoo.gif

I don't know much about him. That's why I'm asking what conservative qualities and beliefs of Todd's are attracting to a Liberal Democrat like Whitey.

I can tell you that. He doesn't think Todd has any attachment to the previous Chair. It seems to be an major deciding factor for him.

Don't know beyond that. I guess he will need to answer after all.

Todd Pownall definitely doesn't have ties to the prior administration. I first met Todd as a political person when he was campaign manager for Van Westbrook (2004). He also served as campaign manager for David Austin.

I knew him previously as a real estate broker and seen him in action in terms of being one of the organizational people behind the Relay for Life beginning in 2004.

I can say from a my perspective he's been approachable regarding news. I've visited with him on a variety of topics and find him to be engaged and interested in doing things to improve the community in general.

I'm pretty sure we could find a variety of issues over which we disagree but certainly the primary observation is that he gives respect and so earn the respect of others.

I'm not going to say a word against Adam Gregory on a personal basis as I like him enormously as well. He too is a good source of news and that goes a long way with me.

But I do think that Adam's attitude toward taxes - I get the idea he hates all taxes and would vote to repeal all of them - is a bit too much for me. I do know that he's come out against the SPLOST which takes one of the key sources of revenue available to the county to meet the demands of population growth. I mean I get the idea that Adam would be happy returning to a law enforcement budget that calls for a sole sheriff with a skeleton staff driving patrol cars that couldn't make it from one side of the county to the other without a breakdown.

Beverly Cochran rounds out the choices for Post 2.

She's a lovely woman and I know she knows a lot of how things work. I know, and this goes back to the days when the Chamber was in the top floor of the old bank building across from the IGA in Dallas, that Beverly was never a great source for news. That is a great attribute for some in an executive assistant position and she served her bosses in the Chamber and County well. However, as a journalist, she never was a good source of even background information. Still, her campaign talks about being transparent and open so she deserved another chance.

I got the answer to that question at the Chamber forum held last week. I was disappointed that she sought to duck the question of the SPLOST by implying that because those sitting on the commission are not allowed to comment on the tax renewal, she would decline too. I mumbled to myself, 'but you are not on the commission, Beverly." I thought that answer silly and an extension of her tight-lipped persona as one she would keep if elected.

We have every right to know how candidates stand on this issue - Both Todd and Adam are on the record. Her ducking the issue was just more than her just being tight-lipped, it was milquetoast answer.

Bottom line, Todd, at the PBA meet, came out for the SPLOST which took courage and guts, given the climate of the electorate. Still it is the wise decision given that the county obviously is continuing to grow - and we all need it to grow - over the short term.

Second, he offered to forgo his salary for the first two years of the term if elected which is also a notable sacrifice by a candidate that, IMO, is saying to the folks in county government, that 'they are not alone' in taking a hit in this economy.

I won't comment on Post 3 or Post 4 as I don't live in those districts.

pubby

PS: We need the county to grow because, well, with supply being the key factor in our residential property market values, unless demand increases in comparison to supply, the value of our homes will continue to plummet. With county valuations putting most folks owing more than their homes are worth, this puts us all at a loss.

Explain why Liberal Democrats like yourself are supporting Todd Pownall?

RR first you will have to accept the fact that I am no liberal Democrat, having said that my past post going back to 2005 pretty much shows that I have opposed the Fire Tax the School Bond (Both times) And on numerous occasions the property tax increases proposed by both the school board and the board of commissioners, I have also been very vocal, both here on p.com and at various meetings held on the tax issues That have arose in this county over the past several years. And the special interest involvement in the past administration, has certainly played an important role in the condition that our county is in today, My, voting record will reflect that I have voted in every primary election over the past several years as a Republican

If you think that this falls within the meaning of being a liberal Democrat, Then I could really care less of your opinion I vote for and support who I think is the best candidate, regardless of the party affiliation.

Since Todd Pownall took on the old guard in June, July 2008 On the sneaky way that a tax increase was being proposed, And actually exposed the past administration for the underhanded tactics that were going on I grew to have a lot of respect and admiration for the character that the man had, And the willingness to subject himself to the ridicule from the people that he opposed, that my friend means a lot to me, And, it goes along with my beliefs as to what the character of a commissioner should be. Todd Pownall has always given back to the community through volunteer organizations, And many other special needs of the community without seeking any recognition for his services to the community whatsoever, A classic example of this was Last Saturday, when the storm blew up at the PCRP meeting at white oak park, Most Candidates and their supporters were scurrying around getting their personal belongings, Todd was picking up the garbage blown around, And loading it in his truck and hauling it off, giving back to the community is what this man is about, And, it showed that day and every day that I have been around this man. Some people will say that the announcement that Todd would forego his salary for the first two years of his term was a stunt; I know that it was no stunt but rather his character and the way that he feels about the county.

Todd is the only candidate in the post 2 race that has no ties to the previous administration, and this is another reason that I support him

Pubby - refresh my memory, the SPLOST tax is a sales tax that we already have is it not? It is not a new tax, or one that will go on property taxes, its just an additional sales tax in our 7% that we have already that needs to be renenwed.. If you buy anything in Paulding County it is included in the sales tax we have that is 7%, it would not raise it in any amount, it would just stay the same... We already have it and they just want to renew it......a sales tax we have had for years? I think this is confusing to some, no new taxes, no addition to property taxes, just a renewal to a sales tax we have had for years... what you purchase is taxed.

Pubby - refresh my memory, the SPLOST tax is a sales tax that we already have is it not? It is not a new tax, or one that will go on property taxes, its just an additional sales tax in our 7% that we have already that needs to be renenwed.. If you buy anything in Paulding County it is included in the sales tax we have that is 7%, it would not raise it in any amount, it would just stay the same... We already have it and they just want to renew it......a sales tax we have had for years? I think this is confusing to some, no new taxes, no addition to property taxes, just a renewal to a sales tax we have had for years... what you purchase is taxed.

Correct.

RR first you will have to accept the fact that I am no liberal Democrat, having said that my past post going back to 2005 pretty much shows that I have opposed the Fire Tax the School Bond (Both times) And on numerous occasions the property tax increases proposed by both the school board and the board of commissioners, I have also been very vocal, both here on p.com and at various meetings held on the tax issues That have arose in this county over the past several years. And the special interest involvement in the past administration, has certainly played an important role in the condition that our county is in today, My, voting record will reflect that I have voted in every primary election over the past several years as a Republican

If you think that this falls within the meaning of being a liberal Democrat, Then I could really care less of your opinion I vote for and support who I think is the best candidate, regardless of the party affiliation.

Since Todd Pownall took on the old guard in June, July 2008 On the sneaky way that a tax increase was being proposed, And actually exposed the past administration for the underhanded tactics that were going on I grew to have a lot of respect and admiration for the character that the man had, And the willingness to subject himself to the ridicule from the people that he opposed, that my friend means a lot to me, And, it goes along with my beliefs as to what the character of a commissioner should be. Todd Pownall has always given back to the community through volunteer organizations, And many other special needs of the community without seeking any recognition for his services to the community whatsoever, A classic example of this was Last Saturday, when the storm blew up at the PCRP meeting at white oak park, Most Candidates and their supporters were scurrying around getting their personal belongings, Todd was picking up the garbage blown around, And loading it in his truck and hauling it off, giving back to the community is what this man is about, And, it showed that day and every day that I have been around this man. Some people will say that the announcement that Todd would forego his salary for the first two years of his term was a stunt; I know that it was no stunt but rather his character and the way that he feels about the county.

Todd is the only candidate in the post 2 race that has no ties to the previous administration, and this is another reason that I support him

Whitey~ Thank you. This is the type of opinion/personal experience that is wanted by many.(I do like to know the voting history of a candidate, but most of that is easily gained. This is stuff that can sway someone if everything else is equal) You gave me a reason and example of why to vote for Pownall. You also explained your reasoning of why you do not think his not taking a salary is a stunt but part of who he is. This is way more informative, at least to me, than you telling me of who not to vote for and slamming them to back up your position. :good:

So the question becomes, why do you oppose the return to 6.5 mils

that is being proposed by post #4 candidate Jason Anavitarte ????

Mrshoward

Jason Anavitarte had four occasions back in 2008, to, openly oppose the 0.15 mil increase, many citizens took advantage of this opportunity to attend the Town Hall Meeting and the three public hearings, In addition the open door policy of the current administrations, Citizens sat down with Commission Chairman David Austin and his staff to voice their concerns, and offer suggestions as to how to further reduce the budget, Which included Tom, and, some others who regularly post on this web site.

Jason has opted to make this the center piece of his campaign, through the “press release” on another web site, And the whisper campaign he is running in post 4 inferring that he is for a major tax decrease, when the reality of his plan will decrease the tax burden of most residents in his neighborhood in which he lives by less than 10 cents per day, And less than 2 cents per day for other residents in post 4.

I am, and will always be against any proposed tax increase through higher assessments or increases in the millage rates, I also oppose any politician that uses lower taxes as a façade to fool their constituents.

Take a few minutes of your time, And, contact Jason Anavitarte today, Tell him what your house is appraised for by the County and ask him how much his “press release” will reduce your tax burden this coming year, Then ask Jason based on your new assessment, How much the present administration has reduced your taxes by this coming year. Sometimes the devil is in the details :D

Whitey, you're a liberal democrat. No need to run and hide from it.

It doesn't take much effort to find your praises of Obama on PCOM. Seems you supported the stimulus, the bailouts, cap and trade, Obamacare, etc, etc, etc.

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235479-candidates-finalized-for-house-dist-19-race/page__view__findpost__p__3063308

Well he got the stimulus bill passed,which has certaintly helped Paulding County,and prevented massive tax increases,

in the School District. It also reduced taxes for 95% of all working Americans.

He saved the American automobile industry.

He prevented the total collapse of the banking industry,Which was done in a bi partisan matter along with the Bush adminstrations help.

Has had cap and trade passed by the House waiting for the senate

Been working very hard on Health Care reform, Which will be passed very soon in some form.Which will cover millions of more americans, And at the same time reduce the National Debt.

I believe/not sure that he passed equal pay for women

All combats troops out of Iraq by August of this year(never should have been there anyway)

Increased troop level in Afaganistan. SO THAT WAR CAN BE WON, IN A BI PARTISIAN MANNER.

The list can just on and on

Whitey - Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Your laundry list of "successes" by Obama is a list of what every conservative in Paulding County is against. Stop the charade, keep your nose out of the Republican primary, and start campaigning for Will Avery, Roy Barnes, and the rest of the socialists. That's where your heart is anyhow.

Remember these votes?

02/05/2008 Presidential Primary D

03/02/2004 Presidential Primary D

07/18/2000 General Primary D

07/21/1998 General Primary D

Edited by Reagan Republican

Whitey~ Thank you. This is the type of opinion/personal experience that is wanted by many.(I do like to know the voting history of a candidate, but most of that is easily gained. This is stuff that can sway someone if everything else is equal) You gave me a reason and example of why to vote for Pownall. You also explained your reasoning of why you do not think his not taking a salary is a stunt but part of who he is. This is way more informative, at least to me, than you telling me of who not to vote for and slamming them to back up your position. :good:

I always try and look beyond what is posted on a candidates web site, Or what a candidate says in an open forum, The truth of the candidate. In most cases will come to the surface,Some think this is slamming, I believe it is sharing information about the candidates

I cannot vote for Todd Pownall, I don't live in his district but I can tell you he is an honorable, dedicated and committed person. I have known his wife since she was a teenager, worked with Todd a little when his son was in marching band at PCHS. He was one of the first "freshman" parents to step up to help where ever needed.

He cares about his community, he cares about the people (especially the kids) and he wants to make a difference. He is kind, caring and honest. I wish I could vote for him. ;)

I cannot vote for Todd Pownall, I don't live in his district but I can tell you he is an honorable, dedicated and committed person. I have known his wife since she was a teenager, worked with Todd a little when his son was in marching band at PCHS. He was one of the first "freshman" parents to step up to help where ever needed.

He cares about his community, he cares about the people (especially the kids) and he wants to make a difference. He is kind, caring and honest. I wish I could vote for him. wink.gif

I have heard these things about Todd for years. I think we are fortunate to have 3 good candidates in this race. I can't vote in it either.

Mrshoward

Jason Anavitarte had four occasions back in 2008, to, openly oppose the 0.15 mil increase, many citizens took advantage of this opportunity to attend the Town Hall Meeting and the three public hearings, In addition the open door policy of the current administrations, Citizens sat down with Commission Chairman David Austin and his staff to voice their concerns, and offer suggestions as to how to further reduce the budget, Which included Tom, and, some others who regularly post on this web site.

Jason has opted to make this the center piece of his campaign, through the “press release” on another web site, And the whisper campaign he is running in post 4 inferring that he is for a major tax decrease, when the reality of his plan will decrease the tax burden of most residents in his neighborhood in which he lives by less than 10 cents per day, And less than 2 cents per day for other residents in post 4.

I am, and will always be against any proposed tax increase through higher assessments or increases in the millage rates, I also oppose any politician that uses lower taxes as a façade to fool their constituents.

Take a few minutes of your time, And, contact Jason Anavitarte today, Tell him what your house is appraised for by the County and ask him how much his “press release” will reduce your tax burden this coming year, Then ask Jason based on your new assessment, How much the present administration has reduced your taxes by this coming year. Sometimes the devil is in the details :D

$500,000 of taxpayers money isn't much? ... hahahaha ...

Mrshoward

You failed to provide a direct answer to my question :

WHY do you oppose the return to 6.5 mils that is

being proposed by post #4 candidate Jason Anavitarte ???

Because they're trying to raise this year's Departmental budgets by $700k and Jason's proposal would interfere with that.

Whitey, you're a liberal democrat. No need to run and hide from it.

It doesn't take much effort to find your praises of Obama on PCOM. Seems you supported the stimulus, the bailouts, cap and trade, Obamacare, etc, etc, etc.

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235479-candidates-finalized-for-house-dist-19-race/page__view__findpost__p__3063308

Your laundry list of "successes" by Obama is a list of what every conservative in Paulding County is against. Stop the charade, keep your nose out of the Republican primary, and start campaigning for Will Avery, Roy Barnes, and the rest of the socialists. That's where your heart is anyhow.

Remember these votes?

02/05/2008 Presidential Primary D

03/02/2004 Presidential Primary D

07/18/2000 General Primary D

07/21/1998 General Primary D

Matter of fact I do not remember all of those votes, Surely not the 1998 vote, I hope I voted Democratic in the 2000 primary though I was tired of the “Read my lips no new taxes” spewed out by Papa Bush, And another full blown recession in progress at that time. I really liked the gas prices during the Clinton era, and the first balanced budget in years, along with, the longest and richest economic boom that this country has ever seen, Dang if my 401K would just return to the pre W Bush era And BTW Most Americans saw through the façade also.

Do not recall why I voted in the 2004, presidential primary Clinton was in office and I was satisfied with that administration, But if you say I did I wail accept that as fact

2008 Dang right I voted in the Democratic Presidential, given the same circumstances today I would do it again, With a country in a recession, And gas prices hovering near $5.00 per gallon, And a president that has increased the budget deficient more than all of the previous Presidents combined, And a president that lied to the American People and Attacked a country under the pretense of finding WMD’s knowing full well that the intelligence community was suggesting that no WMD’s existed. Not to mention the fact that the history of Papa Bush and W presided over two of the worst finical crisis that this country has ever known. Not to mention the fact that during W’s era Illegal immigration was running rampant, And had increased more under his administration than all of the other administration’s combined, And a republican candidate who wanted to give amnesty to the illegal’s WTH would you expect, I did not think that these United States could survive another four years of this type of Conservative leadership. DID YOU!!!!!!

If this labels me as a Socialist Liberal Democrat, I accept that label, And no I will not get out of the Republican Primary this year, Or any other year, I will always have a voice in who runs this County, And will vote for and support the candidates of my choice regardless of the Party afflation.

BTW Is their some reason that you did not post my voting record on the Local Republican Primaries?...............Never mind I know.

Because David gave a tax cut he didn't have to. But what do we get from Jason? Backseat driving with him complaining that it wasn't big enough? How about looking to the future Jason?

But, if Jason is going to go into the past to complain about things, how about him asking why Jerry and the Paulding GOP that controlled the commission didn't give us this 9 million dollar a year tax cut YEARS ago if the expenses were not needed? Wait, that's right, GOPR and you seem to think there is ANOTHER half million of waste in the current budget, why didn't JERRY fix that too? Where is Jason's condemnation of Jerry effectively raising the general fund by 2 mils by leaving the rate the same and dumping the fire department into the General fund? How could Jerry have been over taxing us for OVER 10 YEARS at nearly 9 million a year ( 90+ MILLION DOLLARS ) if the Republican Party in Paulding is so "PRO TAX CUT"

The answer is that the Paulding GOP is obviously NOT been conservative in the last 10 years under Jerry's rule and the developers that controlled it.

But now, when David saw that the tax base was going to drop such a drastic amount both last year and this year, he would have been totally within his right to raise the millage rate to make the property value change totally revenue neutral. It was not, and would not have been a "tax increase" any more than the rate reductions that Jerry and Crew always crowed about were actual "tax cuts". He could have then left the budgets alone and not had to force all the departments to cut so much and made his life much easier. (Other than the complainers that don't understand how the tax system works)

However, instead of raising the rate some 3 mils or so, he dropped the general fund budget that year around six million dollars. If David felt that he had to recover the little bit of funding that .15 mil represents (and it represents 17% less this year than last year) then I figure he must have seen a real need. I'm sure that David thought long and hard about that slight rise in the rates and would not have done it if the county didn't *need* it.

To me Conservatism is more than blind thinking. It is the balance of the needs of the community against the drain of taxing that community. It is *leading* the community rather than blind cutting that does more harm than good.

I don't want anyone in office that will put party lines and slogans (or worse yet, developers) above the good of the community. I want true conservatives. I don't know who I'm going to vote for in Post 4. Jason looked pretty good up to this point, but now I have to wonder about him and his dedication to the people of this county. His condemnation of the the ONLY BOC to give us a real tax break in 10 years while holding his silence on the BOC that OVERCHARGED us almost 100 million in taxes says wonders about his true feelings.

I want someone that will work WITH David to do the best for this county, not back-stab for his on political gain.

Because David gave a tax cut he didn't have to. But what do we get from Jason? Backseat driving with him complaining that it wasn't big enough? How about looking to the future Jason?

But, if Jason is going to go into the past to complain about things, how about him asking why Jerry and the Paulding GOP that controlled the commission didn't give us this 9 million dollar a year tax cut YEARS ago if the expenses were not needed? Wait, that's right, GOPR and you seem to think there is ANOTHER half million of waste in the current budget, why didn't JERRY fix that too? Where is Jason's condemnation of Jerry effectively raising the general fund by 2 mils by leaving the rate the same and dumping the fire department into the General fund? How could Jerry have been over taxing us for OVER 10 YEARS at nearly 9 million a year ( 90+ MILLION DOLLARS ) if the Republican Party in Paulding is so "PRO TAX CUT"

The answer is that the Paulding GOP is obviously NOT been conservative in the last 10 years under Jerry's rule and the developers that controlled it.

But now, when David saw that the tax base was going to drop such a drastic amount both last year and this year, he would have been totally within his right to raise the millage rate to make the property value change totally revenue neutral. It was not, and would not have been a "tax increase" any more than the rate reductions that Jerry and Crew always crowed about were actual "tax cuts". He could have then left the budgets alone and not had to force all the departments to cut so much and made his life much easier. (Other than the complainers that don't understand how the tax system works)

However, instead of raising the rate some 3 mils or so, he dropped the general fund budget that year around six million dollars. If David felt that he had to recover the little bit of funding that .15 mil represents (and it represents 17% less this year than last year) then I figure he must have seen a real need. I'm sure that David thought long and hard about that slight rise in the rates and would not have done it if the county didn't *need* it.

To me Conservatism is more than blind thinking. It is the balance of the needs of the community against the drain of taxing that community. It is *leading* the community rather than blind cutting that does more harm than good.

I don't want anyone in office that will put party lines and slogans (or worse yet, developers) above the good of the community. I want true conservatives. I don't know who I'm going to vote for in Post 4. Jason looked pretty good up to this point, but now I have to wonder about him and his dedication to the people of this county. His condemnation of the the ONLY BOC to give us a real tax break in 10 years while holding his silence on the BOC that OVERCHARGED us almost 100 million in taxes says wonders about his true feelings.

I want someone that will work WITH David to do the best for this county, not back-stab for his on political gain.

Stuck on Jerry. :wacko:

I truly hope none of the candidates has an agenda like that. It would not be in the best interest of Paulding County.

Matter of fact I do not remember all of those votes, Surely not the 1998 vote, I hope I voted Democratic in the 2000 primary though I was tired of the “Read my lips no new taxes” spewed out by Papa Bush, And another full blown recession in progress at that time. I really liked the gas prices during the Clinton era, and the first balanced budget in years, along with, the longest and richest economic boom that this country has ever seen, Dang if my 401K would just return to the pre W Bush era And BTW Most Americans saw through the façade also.

Do not recall why I voted in the 2004, presidential primary Clinton was in office and I was satisfied with that administration, But if you say I did I wail accept that as fact

2008 Dang right I voted in the Democratic Presidential, given the same circumstances today I would do it again, With a country in a recession, And gas prices hovering near $5.00 per gallon, And a president that has increased the budget deficient more than all of the previous Presidents combined, And a president that lied to the American People and Attacked a country under the pretense of finding WMD’s knowing full well that the intelligence community was suggesting that no WMD’s existed. Not to mention the fact that the history of Papa Bush and W presided over two of the worst finical crisis that this country has ever known. Not to mention the fact that during W’s era Illegal immigration was running rampant, And had increased more under his administration than all of the other administration’s combined, And a republican candidate who wanted to give amnesty to the illegal’s WTH would you expect, I did not think that these United States could survive another four years of this type of Conservative leadership. DID YOU!!!!!!

If this labels me as a Socialist Liberal Democrat, I accept that label, And no I will not get out of the Republican Primary this year, Or any other year, I will always have a voice in who runs this County, And will vote for and support the candidates of my choice regardless of the Party afflation.

BTW Is their some reason that you did not post my voting record on the Local Republican Primaries?...............Never mind I know.

Hahahahaha ... thanks for proving my point ... you loved Clinton, you love Obama .... and now you love Pownall, Barnett, and Graham ... keep up the good work! :good:

bbp12

I am here. I do not have a candidate and do not live in the Post. I was just giving my opinion from an outside point of view and as someone who knows you personally I thought I would rag you a little!! HA-HA! Seems to have gotten you worked up, LOL. That is a joke! rolleyes.gif

I have seen where you have stated that $150 to Mr. Gregory. Boy if he wins an election on $150 compared to the $500-$1000 that the Developers and Real Estate Agencies and the current administration gave to Mr. Pownall, then I need him to budget my check book. LOL. It is $150 man, let it go.

Since when did we say that who gave to a campaign that means they work for them, if that was the case then that means that David Austin and Tommie Graham work for the developers because all of them received money in thier campaigns from them....HMMMM???? Hell my cousin gave Mr. Pownall a discount on billboards due to his connections with builders. glare.gif

I also saw in another post where you said that Mr. Pownall had no connections to the past administration, boy he sure as hell does to this one. Ran Don Powell's campaign treasurer, David Austins campaign, and Van Westbrook. Wonder whos pocket or vote he'll be in? Just a thought. The past is the past but the now is now and seems like there is a cou being formed.

Be careful before you condemn because of association or knowing someone for it will come back to bite your people. Could it be that he accepted the donation because he has less money than anyone running and is trying to raise all he can from people that know him from him being GOP Chair?? Just maybe?

Why don't you email him and ask him at adam@gregory2010.com

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

I am here. I do not have a candidate and do not live in the Post. I was just giving my opinion from an outside point of view and as someone who knows you personally I thought I would rag you a little!! HA-HA! Seems to have gotten you worked up, LOL. That is a joke! rolleyes.gif

I have seen where you have stated that $150 to Mr. Gregory. Boy if he wins an election on $150 compared to the $500-$1000 that the Developers and Real Estate Agencies and the current administration gave to Mr. Pownall, then I need him to budget my check book. LOL. It is $150 man, let it go.

Since when did we say that who gave to a campaign that means they work for them, if that was the case then that means that David Austin and Tommie Graham work for the developers because all of them received money in thier campaigns from them....HMMMM???? Hell my cousin gave Mr. Pownall a discount on billboards due to his connections with builders. glare.gif

I also saw in another post where you said that Mr. Pownall had no connections to the past administration, boy he sure as hell does to this one. Ran Don Powell's campaign treasurer, David Austins campaign, and Van Westbrook. Wonder whos pocket or vote he'll be in? Just a thought. The past is the past but the now is now and seems like there is a cou being formed.

Be careful before you condemn because of association or knowing someone for it will come back to bite your people. Could it be that he accepted the donation because he has less money than anyone running and is trying to raise all he can from people that know him from him being GOP Chair?? Just maybe?

Why don't you email him and ask him at adam@gregory2010.com

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am sorry that you did not understand my response?

To sum up my answer, The, present administration, Has already given back to the tax payers Millions of dollars in tax cuts this year, If only the tax bills would come out before the election(Are you listening David Austin)?

Why trade that for a few cents a day? I think Jason made a major mistake with the “press release

I am sorry that you did not understand my response?

To sum up my answer, The, present administration, Has already given back to the tax payers Millions of dollars in tax cuts this year, If only the tax bills would come out before the election(Are you listening David Austin?

Why trade that for a few cents a day? I think Jason made a major mistake with the “press release

Not surprising that an Obama supporter would be against returning $500k back to the taxpayers.