Paulding.com

Lets see if things have changed - Election poll

152 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the GOP Nomination for District 19 House Seat?

• Daniel Stout (I)
    • Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Undecided
    • NA: not able to or will not vote in this contest
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Chad Plumley
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Dick Donovan
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Todd Pownall
    • Adam Gregory
    • Beverly Cochran
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Tommie Graham (I)
    • H.V. Collett II
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. Overall, are you happy with the candidates running in the Republican primary?

• Yes, there is at least one good choice in each ra
    • Yes, there are several races with two or more good candidates
    • No - Some races have good candidates but in others, none are really great.
    • No, the choices are dismal
    • I don't know the candidates well enough to know if they're good.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regan Republican   Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?   A review of the tax

I see your point. My understanding is that the East Hiram Parkway is fully funded and some of the properties have been purchased.   I would prefer to vote on the SPLOST after the BOC has been elect

Why don't you just make it easy for all the pedophiles. Post a google map link to my house, then another one to my work, then tell everyone how many children I have at home. Jackass.

Just a truthful statement. I do not support Stout or Braddock.

Yes, It could be true. I can't say. I know it is true for most anyone who has land they hoped to build anything on. I heard today that the number of new home constructions fell again. Sad for the economy nationwide as well as for Georgia. Wouldn't you say? Golden is a small businessman. I don't know anyone who would understand any better the importance of jobs in this economy.

Yes things have changed, this may be in the wrong place, if someone can move or delete it. What happened to the

time when someone running for an office would come and sit down and talk to you. I emailed one that is running,

told them I wanted to talk to them. I received an email, saying here is my telephone number. No I want to talk

face to face not on the phone. By the way I am not able to go to these meet and greets. Just saying things have

really changed. I did do your survey, and I sure didn't vote for this person.

Yes things have changed, this may be in the wrong place, if someone can move or delete it. What happened to the

time when someone running for an office would come and sit down and talk to you. I emailed one that is running,

told them I wanted to talk to them. I received an email, saying here is my telephone number. No I want to talk

face to face not on the phone. By the way I am not able to go to these meet and greets. Just saying things have

I have to agree with you. There was a time when local races were decided by the folks candidates sat down and spoke with. Nothing can replace the one on one eye contact between a candidate and his voting public. ;)

Depending on what Post you are in, I know Todd Pownall and David Barnett have been spending most of their Saturday's going from door to door to meet with the voters. If you are in Post 2 or 4, give the appropriate one a call.

I for one am more than willing to sit and speak with anyone that has any questions for me about where I stand on issues.

I do not live in either post, I live in Larry's district. So it was District 19.?????????????????????????

Post districts (BOC) are different from State House Districts (District 19 &17 around here), State Senate Districts (30 & 31), and Congressional (District 11). We also have different ones for BOE. I may have missed something in posting some of them. It can get confusing.huh.gif

Will is running for House District 19.

I do not live in either post, I live in Larry's district. So it was District 19.?????????????????????????

There are several sites you can go to which will tell you what district you are in.

District 19 picks up Hiram up towards, but not quite to Dabbs Bridge, and East to Cobb.

It runs west towards 61, but does not include much of Dallas.

I am in Post 1, and District 19, but I don't think the district lines having ANYTHING to do with the Post Lines.

Post districts (BOC) are different from State House Districts (District 19 &17 around here), State Senate Districts (30 & 31), and Congressional (District 11). We also have different ones for BOE. I may have missed something in posting some of them. It can get confusing.huh.gif

Will is running for House District 19.

My understanding is that everyone in the county votes for the BOE post races.... of course (and unless one candidate qualifies as an independent for the November cycle) there will be no BOE races.

pubby

My understanding is that everyone in the county votes for the BOE post races.... of course (and unless one candidate qualifies as an independent for the November cycle) there will be no BOE races.

pubby

I believe that is true Pubby. The CANDIDATE has to live in the post they run for except for the AT Large Post. At least that is the way I understand it. I think someone is trying to get on the ballot as an Independent.

This is the link for finding what districts you live in and when you plug in your info you also get a sample ballot and voting precinct.

http://www.sos.georgia.gov/MVP/Login.aspx

There are several sites you can go to which will tell you what district you are in.

District 19 picks up Hiram up towards, but not quite to Dabbs Bridge, and East to Cobb.

It runs west towards 61, but does not include much of Dallas.

I am in Post 1, and District 19, but I don't think the district lines having ANYTHING to do with the Post Lines.

Yes I live in District 19, and it wasn't Will.

This doesn't have much to do with the primary but I was visiting with John Tripcony who has been out getting signatures for the post 4 commission seat. He tells me that he's already collected over 1000 and expects to have 1,200 or so by the deadline next week.

On its face, that would be enough to get him on the ballot for November as an independent but the names have to be by registered voters living in the district. I've seen the exact number on the wall at the voter registration office but I'm not sure of the exact figure. Still, if memory serves it would be 965 signatures to get on the ballot.

pubby

NewsJunky probably just trying to make some points for Stout or paulette

Ok KV who do you support? and why?unsure.gif

There is no party registration in Georgia. You're associated with the Party you most align philosophically with. And for you, that's the Democrat Party. smile.gif

Serious ,Thad is a democrat? OMGwacko.gif I would have never knownblush.gif

You are really behind on your breaking news story Jerry Shearin called me out at a Commissioners meeting several years ago, In front of the video cameras,I have never tried to hide my Idenity nor my agenda.

I would really like to know who I am speaking too. Or do you intend to remain annoymous, Where you can secretely carry on your campaign for your favorite candidate.

I was called out on this site during the School board bond election, And many other elections, And could care less who knows my name heck most folks know where I live, Drop by some time I always like to meet idiots, Who think they have accomplished something, Only to discover the reality of their deeds

I agree this time with Mr.Coogins,everyone knows Kv!

Serious ,Thad is a democrat? OMGwacko.gif I would have never knownblush.gif

Now Mike we have supported the same candidates many times in the past, even when both of us turned out to be wrong.

I am working hard to try and help Gary Black [R] get elected as Agricultural Commissioner and for Mark Butler [R] as Labor Commissioner, along with several other statewide candidates. You can rest assured I will be voting a Republican primary ballot even though there are a couple of Dems I would like to see get in [Like Carol Porter as Lt Gov].

And I like Todd Pownall, David Barnett, and Tommie Graham as Commissioners.

Jury is still out on District 19. I am waiting to see the disclosures.

Now Mike we have supported the same candidates many times in the past, even when both of us turned out to be wrong.

I am working hard to try and help Gary Black [R] get elected as Agricultural Commissioner and for Mark Butler [R] as Labor Commissioner, along with several other statewide candidates. You can rest assured I will be voting a Republican primary ballot even though there are a couple of Dems I would like to see get in [Like Carol Porter as Lt Gov].

And I like Todd Pownall, David Barnett, and Tommie Graham as Commissioners.

Jury is still out on District 19. I am waiting to see the disclosures.

They are out for the June 30 disclosure. Just looked at them. One candidate has tons more money than all of the others. If money alone could win an election this one would already be decided.

Animal

Mike I see you are up to your old tricks again, If you are intent on using my name here, I have no other recourse than to call you out on this web site, Using your real name and you and other family members ties with Shearing, Cochran, Collett, Gregory, Tony Crowe, Golden etc. Campaigns, I do not think that you want to really get involved into this type of campaigning???? Or do you????

• Like 1

They are out for the June 30 disclosure. Just looked at them. One candidate has tons more money than all of the others. If money alone could win an election this one would already be decided.

yep Golden does have a ton of money behind him, Hmmmm,Did you see where it came from? Looks like the old guard will capture this seat?

yep Golden does have a ton of money behind him, Hmmmm,Did you see where it came from? Looks like the old guard will capture this seat?

Nope not him. He appears to be way way way behind one of the others in total donations! I guess folks from out of county and out of state must be related to one of the candidates. Somebody really likes him! rolleyes.gif Nope not Golden either. Golden had about 1/4 of the total $ amount this year as the one who got the most $'s. Yes, Golden's did appear to come from Paulding County folks.

Nope not him. He appears to be way way way behind one of the others in total donations! I guess folks from out of county and out of state must be related to one of the candidates. Somebody really likes him! rolleyes.gif Nope not Golden either. Golden had about 1/4 of the total $ amount this year as the one who got the most s. Yes, Golden's did appear to come from Paulding County folks.

Stout's are a bit difficult to decipher.

It appears he still has an outstanding loan he made to his campaign last winter for $30,000 and still is owed $23,000 rounded off. I would assume he is still expecting some substantial RTL money to come in.

Animal

Mike I see you are up to your old tricks again, If you are intent on using my name here, I have no other recourse than to call you out on this web site, Using your real name and you and other family members ties with Shearing, Cochran, Collett, Gregory, Tony Crowe, Golden etc. Campaigns, I do not think that you want to really get involved into this type of campaigning???? Or do you????

Bring it on! I have nothing to do with any. I placed 8 signs for Adam Gregory the others Like Jerry he is in Florida I did signs for those others I have no connection with. You said you had proof bring it on. The only sign I have in my yard is Nathan Deal so if that is support show me I am calling you out Whitey. I have done signs for several people even Chad Plumley,Bill Heath but those others there on there own. Now Whitey you pop out when it comes to elections and we all do. So for now I even do some Bill Heath signs. Never did any of Beverly or Golden or Tony Crowe or Collett. So Whitey you have an empty gun and as far as using your real name what difference does it make.

Now if you do something off the wall I will have no choice to top it then I would get into your history so my suggestion would be to chill & tend to your tomatoes.

Now if you prefer that I don't call you by name then I won't,enough said.

By the way my name is Mike Fritz

Goodness guys:

KV ... if you have 'proof' like pictures, just bring it to me. I'd like to publish them. and again... thanks for the tomatoes ... I know the one's I got were deee-licious.

Oh, and Mike, if you have photos of folks ripping down signs or other stuff, that would be great for the news also ... I mean I'd publish them even if you had someone take them of you doing the dirty deeds :)

Just joking :)

pubby

Oh, and Mike, if you have photos of folks ripping down signs or other stuff, that would be great for the news also

A bunch of signs vanished on Dabbs Bridge road the other day...

Well kinda vanished, the shredded remains were still there.

The County has been mowing up here and anything too close to the road got ate up. :o

Every sign except the cast iron one for DD in front of the Capital are GONE.

A bunch of signs vanished on Dabbs Bridge road the other day...

Well kinda vanished, the shredded remains were still there.

The County has been mowing up here and anything too close to the road got ate up. ohmy.gif

Every sign except the cast iron one for DD in front of the Capital are GONE.

I have noticed signs up and then laying down and another sign for a diffrent person up, come on people .

Why did Jason send out 2 cards for Post 4 one for Cedarcrest home owners and one for the rest of Post 4 ????

My girlfrind told me this who lives on Cedarcrest. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ????

I have noticed signs up and then laying down and another sign for a diffrent person up, come on people .

Why did Jason send out 2 cards for Post 4 one for Cedarcrest home owners and one for the rest of Post 4 ????

My girlfrind told me this who lives on Cedarcrest. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ????

It means that he is a very slick politician and that he is telling the people what they want to hear, Pure and simple Atlanta Georgia Politics,Making a break through here in Paulding County.

Can you scan and post the two different cards?

It means that he is a very slick politician and that he is telling the people what they want to hear, Pure and simple Atlanta Georgia Politics,Making a break through here in Paulding County.

I will have to get the flyer from her. But she told me that he talks about how they have not gotten anything up there, don't they have a new fire station , new libary , new schools , also new park what is he talking about,she and her family have a house in Bent Water so someone must be a little confused COUNTY has not forgotten about them .

So if a candidate sends out 2 different cards they've done something wrong? ridiculous!