Paulding.com

News from the candidate forum last night

I attended the forum last night and one of the first things that I was faced with was a copy of an article from a local web site the (Paulding County Republican Examiner) Written By Christopher Collins. (Copy Attached) Who is/was a precinct captain for the Paulding County Republican Party?

For too many years Candidates In Paulding County, Have attempted to label their opponents As Being members of the Paulding County Builders Association, Knowing all along that the candidates themselves were a part of the Administration that brought the housing boom to Paulding County, Between the year’s 2000 and 2008 And the aftermath that was sure to follow Such as Higher taxes, Congested Roadways, No local jobs, Overcrowded Schools, And an over burdened Public safety Department.

This smear campaign has now reached every commission post and House/Senate district In PauldingCounty Either through the web site, Or through printing copies of the article and using a whisper campaign in their respective post Districts.

I talked with the three commission candidates who are currently running in post 2, 3, and 4 who were cited in this article and all three emphatically stated that they had never developed a sub division, nor had they built homes in Paulding County for sale to the General public.

Tommie Graham stated that he had Developed commercial Property on Highway 278, And the Cadillac Parkway area that has provided local jobs for citizens of Paulding County

David Barnett stated that he also has not developed a sub division, and, furthermore was not currently a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, and had not been for a few years. He does own a business across from the New Courthouse that provides jobs for Paulding County Residents and has been able to maintain a stable workforce through being diversified.

Todd Pownall, Emphatically stated that he has NEVER been a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, And approached Mr. Collins (who, was wearing a tee shirt supporting one of his opponents Beverly Cochran) after the meeting and confronted him about the things that he had written about him, And he (Collins) replied that he thought that the information that he had posted came from a reliable source, And refused to divulge the source???? Such a shame that such a smear campaign is allowed to continue here in our County.

I think it is only proper that the campaigns of Jason Anavitarte, Vernon Collete, Paulette Braddock And Beverly Cochran Come forth and denounce this type of Campaigning, And Instruct their campaign staff to cease and desist from using this article in the future.

Mr. Collins, If you are to maintain any credibility, It is incumbent upon you to retract the untruths that you have posted on the web site, And offer public apologizes for the harm you have done, Not only to the Republican Party of Paulding County But also to the family members of those running for public office

PauldingBuildersGOP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

It's called a primary you dope.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?     You understand that?

Posted Images

isn't that person Praise Thee on here? seems like I remember him posting about a website that he writes for. I could be wrong

One and the same, and he was Ithiel [ithey] prior to that.

It is evident to me, and his smear sheet confirms it, those who have been in charge of the Paulding GOP for the past decade are using their influence to promote a specific slate of GOP candidates for the commission seats up for election.

There is no "PROOF", except for those who sit in on the strategy sessions and I imagine that will remain out of sight.

But, from where I sit, it "appears" they are endorsing Beverly Cochran, Vernon Collet, and Jason Anivitarte.

They did the same thing 2 years ago with the Chairman's race, and came up short.

This seems to be a last ditch effort and you can rest assured they will throw everything they have to try to maintain their presence on the BOC. Expect an effort similar to the 2nd School Bond Referendum back in 2007.

I do find it amusing old Ithy is calling Tommie Graham a residential developer. Tommie is the most successful industrial developer we have in Paulding. His buildings at the end of Cadillac have provided more good jobs than anyone else I am aware of. Yes, he was a member of the Paulding Builders Association in the past. He also used to be a partner at Railroad Lumber, nee Jeriel Supply which he sold to an outside group many years ago. He was also instrumental in the Planning for Paulding Group as well as other local planning groups who have worked hard to try and bring industry and higher education to Paulding.

Todd Pownall is a real-estate agent. I don't know of any developments or houses he has built.

David Barnett sells lighting fixtures and flooring products, and had the foresight to develop his business in other market areas where he has been able to maintain his business not depending on the Paulding market.

So, let me get this straight..........

Ithy, AKA Praise Thee, AKA a bunch of other names on here, published this article which has a disclaimer at the bottom protecting the Republican Party.

So under his name, Christopher Collins, he prints lies and gets away with it?

Is that what I'm understanding from this?

And he's a Christian?

Do I have that right? :unsure:

One and the same, and he was Ithiel [ithey] prior to that.

It is evident to me, and his smear sheet confirms it, those who have been in charge of the Paulding GOP for the past decade are using their influence to promote a specific slate of GOP candidates for the commission seats up for election.

There is no "PROOF", except for those who sit in on the strategy sessions and I imagine that will remain out of sight.

But, from where I sit, it "appears" they are endorsing Beverly Cochran, Vernon Collet, and Jason Anivitarte.

They did the same thing 2 years ago with the Chairman's race, and came up short.

This seems to be a last ditch effort and you can rest assured they will throw everything they have to try to maintain their presence on the BOC. Expect an effort similar to the 2nd School Bond Referendum back in 2007.

I do find it amusing old Ithy is calling Tommie Graham a residential developer. Tommie is the most successful industrial developer we have in Paulding. His buildings at the end of Cadillac have provided more good jobs than anyone else I am aware of. Yes, he was a member of the Paulding Builders Association in the past. He also used to be a partner at Railroad Lumber, nee Jeriel Supply which he sold to an outside group many years ago. He was also instrumental in the Planning for Paulding Group as well as other local planning groups who have worked hard to try and bring industry and higher education to Paulding.

Todd Pownall is a real-estate agent. I don't know of any developments or houses he has built.

David Barnett sells lighting fixtures and flooring products, and had the foresight to develop his business in other market areas where he has been able to maintain his business not depending on the Paulding market.

Note to all concerned - opinions of people that also attend meetings at the GOP are just that - opinions.

There are many folks here that attend meetings at the GOP and many have differing views on the candidates.

Perfect example is Stout vs Braddock vs Golden.

Surepip, you well know from your time on this board who some of the screen names are and if they are involved at the Republican Party.

For those who don't know that much about the local Republican Party, I'll share some insight:

YES - there are folks that have very strong opinions politically (go figure, or they wouldn't be spending time at GOP meetings).

Yes - they do voice their opinions on here and other boards - and yes SOMETIMES they go too far just as our buddies in this post do from time to time.

However, the party does not as a whole(nor do the officers) at any time promote candidates or demote candidates during the primaries. They are not allowed to do so as it's against the bylaws. So, you are correct, there is no proof. It's simply not allowed. I as an individual can support any candidate I want. As a member of the executive committee of the GOP, I can not support any candidate during the primary.

Also the Chairperson of the party is elected in every 2 years, so NO - there has not been this powerful group influencing the elections - the people in charge change hands too often (more often than our BOC/BOE officials and other elected representatives).

As usual, take these rantings with a grain of salt. There is contact information available for the Paulding GOP and you can ask the Chairman more questions to understand the role the Party plays in the community.

As a side note now that I've hopefully cleared up a little about the GOP....

I for one have posted that I like Beverly Cochran, Vernon Collet, and Jason Anivitarte as potential Commissioners. I have not however retaliated or used this board to post UGLY NASTY SMEARS against the candidates I do not like even though I have information/thoughts that I could share with some undecided voters.

It is classless to do so. Readers may note that you haven't really seen true smear campaigns like the ones that the guys in this post have thrusted in front of us already against Beverly and now a little on Jason.

I agree with a post I think from BellaPrincess - can't remember for sure.

Energy and integrity would be much better served on highlighing what you like about your candidate - especially when you can't provide any proof of the junk you throw out about the opposition.

Edited by MEvans
  • Like 1

OK I guess I am a little lost here. It is not a matter of if I agree or not, it is just a scary thought that it is OK to give out someone "real" name on here. If it is OK here in this thread then it is OK anywhere else..Should we all start listing all the people we know and their "real" names? :glare:

Get mad at someone and just post their name?

OK I guess I am a little lost here. It is not a matter of if I agree or not, it is just a scary thought that it is OK to give out someone "real" name on here. If it is OK here in this thread then it is OK anywhere else..Should we all start listing all the people we know and their "real" names? :glare:

If my memory is clear, Ithy proclaimed his name when he posted about the book he was writing.

• Like 1

So after you and your buddies on here band together to smear the candidates you don't like and promote the ones you do, I find it RICH that you are indignant about another group banding together to promote the candidates they like and according to you "smear" the ones they don't by bringing facts out.

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that!rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Edited by chickenbob
  • Like 2

I am not mad at anyone, and I got the info from a post Praise Thee posted him self when he was promoting his news website that he writes articles for. I looked for it but I guess it is gone now.

I stay out of the PF so that I do not have to deal with the angry feelings that go on in there.

so again let me say I am not mad at anyone and I have no beef with anyone, I was just re-posting what he had said himself at one time. :pardon:

So after you and your buddies on here band together to smear the candidates you don't like and promote the ones you do, I find it RICH that you are indignant about another group banding together to promote the candidates they like and according to you "smear" the ones they don't by bringing facts out.

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that!rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Sorry, I have not SMEARD a candidate. I expressed MY OPINION on what I saw happening 2 years ago when local GOP "Higher-Ups" were promoting one candidate over another, and what I see happening here the same way.

Ithy, Praise Thee, or whatever his Avatar or name is printed a handout linking himself to the local republican party, with a nice disclaimer on the bottom. In that Handout he did indeed tell some lies and create confusion based on half truths.

I rebutted him and I am accused of smearing those Ithy is and has been endorsing.

Go figure dry.gif

So when Ithy/Praise Thee is using p.com to advertise his RAG, it is OK for him to use his name and Avatar on the same screen. But when I quote from his RAG it is not ?

Kind of a double standard there isn't it ?

I attended the forum last night and one of the first things that I was faced with was a copy of an article from a local web site the (Paulding County Republican Examiner) Written By Christopher Collins. (Copy Attached) Who is/was a precinct captain for the Paulding County Republican Party?

For too many years Candidates In Paulding County, Have attempted to label their opponents As Being members of the Paulding County Builders Association, Knowing all along that the candidates themselves were a part of the Administration that brought the housing boom to Paulding County, Between the year’s 2000 and 2008 And the aftermath that was sure to follow Such as Higher taxes, Congested Roadways, No local jobs, Overcrowded Schools, And an over burdened Public safety Department.

This smear campaign has now reached every commission post and House/Senate district In PauldingCounty Either through the web site, Or through printing copies of the article and using a whisper campaign in their respective post Districts.

I talked with the three commission candidates who are currently running in post 2, 3, and 4 who were cited in this article and all three emphatically stated that they had never developed a sub division, nor had they built homes in Paulding County for sale to the General public.

Tommie Graham stated that he had Developed commercial Property on Highway 278, And the Cadillac Parkway area that has provided local jobs for citizens of Paulding County

David Barnett stated that he also has not developed a sub division, and, furthermore was not currently a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, and had not been for a few years. He does own a business across from the New Courthouse that provides jobs for Paulding County Residents and has been able to maintain a stable workforce through being diversified.

Todd Pownall, Emphatically stated that he has NEVER been a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, And approached Mr. Collins (who, was wearing a tee shirt supporting one of his opponents Beverly Cochran) after the meeting and confronted him about the things that he had written about him, And he (Collins) replied that he thought that the information that he had posted came from a reliable source, And refused to divulge the source???? Such a shame that such a smear campaign is allowed to continue here in our County.

I think it is only proper that the campaigns of Jason Anavitarte, Vernon Collete, Paulette Braddock And Beverly Cochran Come forth and denounce this type of Campaigning, And Instruct their campaign staff to cease and desist from using this article in the future.

Mr. Collins, If you are to maintain any credibility, It is incumbent upon you to retract the untruths that you have posted on the web site, And offer public apologizes for the harm you have done, Not only to the Republican Party of Paulding County But also to the family members of those running for public office

PauldingBuildersGOP.jpg

Thank you Whitey. I don't know the truth or not of these candidates attachment to the PCBA, but I do know that membership in this Professional Association does not necessarily grant one membership in the Good Ol' Boys Club that ran this county into the financial dirt in years past. Tommie Graham is evidence of that. There is a big difference between building a few houses and the "mega developers" and their bank buddies that bought and paid for the right to control zoning and taxes in this county under the last administration.

Wow, and he's banned from defending any of this. unsure.gif

Madea No he is not banned from defending any of this, He has his another web site, And Can defend it all that he wants too, On the other web site. I suggest that he take the opportunity to correct the statements that he has made that is in error ASAP, And tho candidate that he was wearing the tee shirt supporting (BEVERLY) should distance themselves from this type of campaigning openly on this board, Before the sun goes down tonight :angry:

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day Whitey. I don't like this ugly stuff. And I think it's awful Chris cannot come here to defend himself, although I do believe he is responsible for that himself.

I think the article clearly states it is the opinion of the author, not endorsed by anyone. It's no different than someone coming on here a posting crap about other people running for office. Is any of what he said actual lies?? If so, sounds like a court argument, not a Pcom one. I glanced over the article, I didn't really read it because I know it is an opinion.

It's absolutely not in the best interest of any candidate to "smear" someone else. If there are legitimate issues regarding improprieties then we all should certainly know that. I think it's a stretch to think an Administrative Assistant has any pull or a real voice on an issue to be voted on by a county commission. It's certainly a similar stretch you are implying Chris has made.

I want to hear the candidate's plan, I want to know where they stand on issues, I want to know their future vision for Paulding County. I could care less what trade association they are affiliated with or how many wives/girlfriends they have. :wacko:

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day Whitey. I don't like this ugly stuff. And I think it's awful Chris cannot come here to defend himself, although I do believe he is responsible for that himself.

I think the article clearly states it is the opinion of the author, not endorsed by anyone. It's no different than someone coming on here a posting crap about other people running for office. Is any of what he said actual lies?? If so, sounds like a court argument, not a Pcom one. I glanced over the article, I didn't really read it because I know it is an opinion.

It's absolutely not in the best interest of any candidate to "smear" someone else. If there are legitimate issues regarding improprieties then we all should certainly know that. I think it's a stretch to think an Administrative Assistant has any pull or a real voice on an issue to be voted on by a county commission. It's certainly a similar stretch you are implying Chris has made.

I want to hear the candidate's plan, I want to know where they stand on issues, I want to know their future vision for Paulding County. I could care less what trade association they are affiliated with or how many wives/girlfriends they have. :wacko:

The guy is mental. If anyone calls him on his behavior he acts like a four year old. I have never seen a grown man behave like the guy does. Thank God he is on Beverly's team. What a liability.

BUT ................. He was wearing a tee shirt supporting Beverly Cochran. And his opinion of the opposition was not the truth.

You further stated

I think it's a stretch to think an Administrative Assistant has any pull or a real voice on an issue to be voted on by a county commission

Did you attend the forum last night? If not you may be able to see Beverly's remarks on the site that provides the Board of Commissioners meeting,It appeared to me that the AA position was very much involved in matters other than Just clerical Duties?

I do not blame Beverly for attempting to distance her self from the previous adminstrations. It is a shame and a disgrce what was allowed to occur during that period of time. I do not agree that it is a smear, But is rather a part of her past,which is certaintly fair game since she is the one that raised the issue from day one?

For the record, I received an email from Chris who asked I remove this topic.

I obviously declined.

His by-line on the article - whether or not it is an opinion or news items - implies the use of his name is okay. That the topic is about the current race it is fair game for discussion just as is news from Fox news to Rachael Maddow show.

While he is no longer posting on the site, Chris is not without opportunities to respond. I would encourage him to request a news item via video including the opportunity to meet and confront his critics on PCOMTV. I will seek to arrange such a face-to-face setting and provide him the ability to defend his point of view. I hope he takes this as encouragement to do so but I'm afraid that he will decline this opportunity to appear on camera as he has in the past.

I will note that in the past, Chris has typically responded to replies that question the factual basis of his commentary like this:

pffft! 8) liberals ...

Given that history, thought I'd give him equal time ;)

pubby

PS: Whitey, feelup, Surepip ... others? would any of you like to talk with Chris in a face-to-face on Pcom TV, hear his retort and answer them?

Wow, and he's banned from defending any of this. unsure.gif

I don't know how he can defend it if he passed this out. I find it to be in the same vein as the slam on Beverly. I don't like it at all!!!! I don't know who wrote it originally but I think they should be ashamed. Not only is the truth stretched to the extent that it is almost non existent but it falls into the mud slinging category in my opinion. I have stated many times how I feel about that.

Madea No he is not banned from defending any of this, He has his another web site, And Can defend it all that he wants too, On the other web site. I suggest that he take the opportunity to correct the statements that he has made that is in error ASAP, And tho candidate that he was wearing the tee shirt supporting (BEVERLY) should distance themselves from this type of campaigning openly on this board, Before the sun goes down tonight :angry:

Or else you'll turn into a pumpkin?

BUT ................. He was wearing a tee shirt supporting Beverly Cochran. And his opinion of the opposition was not the truth.

You further stated

Did you attend the forum last night? If not you may be able to see Beverly's remarks on the site that provides the Board of Commissioners meeting,It appeared to me that the AA position was very much involved in matters other than Just clerical Duties?

I do not blame Beverly for attempting to distance her self from the previous adminstrations. It is a shame and a disgrce what was allowed to occur during that period of time. I do not agree that it is a smear, But is rather a part of her past,which is certaintly fair game since she is the one that raised the issue from day one?

That made me chuckle. :lol:

No I didn't go last night, spent the afternoon with my mom at the oncologist. Long, stressful day. -_-

I obviously declined.

His by-line on the article - whether or not it is an opinion or news items - implies the use of his name is okay. That the topic is about the current race it is fair game for discussion just as is news from Fox news to Rachael Maddow show.

While he is no longer posting on the site, Chris is not without opportunities to respond. I would encourage him to request a news item via video including the opportunity to meet and confront his critics on PCOMTV. I will seek to arrange such a face-to-face setting and provide him the ability to defend his point of view. I hope he takes this as encouragement to do so but I'm afraid that he will decline this opportunity to appear on camera as he has in the past.

I will note that in the past, Chris has typically responded to replies that question the factual basis of his commentary like this:

pffft! 8) liberals ...

pubby

PS: Whitey, feelup, Surepip ... others? would any of you like to talk with Chris in a face-to-face on Pcom TV, hear his retort and answer them?

YOU BETCHA I WOULD LOVE TO!!!!!!!

Now that seems to be a fair offer, I would certaintly like the opportunity to debate him on the issues that he has posted on the other site, As to the validity contained in his post.

I don't know how he can defend it if he passed this out. I find it to be in the same vein as the slam on Beverly. I don't like it at all!!!! I don't know who wrote it originally but I think they should be ashamed. Not only is the truth stretched to the extent that it is almost non existent but it falls into the mud slinging category in my opinion. I have stated many times how I feel about that.

I haven't read the whole thing. I was just making an observation. We share a lot of viewpoints.

Since no one has mentioned the suprise announcement By Todd Pownall And David Barnett at the forum last night I thought that it was note worthy to include some of their comments in this thread.

Since both of these candidates have a long history of giving back to the community through the many volunteer efforts over the years. Both Todd Pownall Post 2 candidate and David Barnett Post 4 candidate both announced that they would forego all of their Salary for the first two years of their terms, Since The County was in some tough finicial times, And hoped that this would help to keep a balanced budget, And at the same time show all county workers and Citizens of paulding County that they are truly committed to seeing this County survive the worst down turn since the great Depression. Without any tax increases

They should be commended for this unselfish act of being committed to WORK FOR US, During these trying times

Since no one has mentioned the suprise announcement By Todd Pownall And David Barnett at the forum last night I thought that it was note worthy to include some of their comments in this thread.

Since both of these candidates have a long history of giving back to the community through the many volunteer efforts over the years. Both Todd Pownall Post 2 candidate and David Barnett Post 4 candidate both announced that they would forego all of their Salary for the first two years of their terms, Since The County was in some tough finicial times, And hoped that this would help to keep a balanced budget, And at the same time show all county workers and Citizens of paulding County that they are truly committed to seeing this County survive the worst down turn since the great Depression. Without any tax increases

They should be commended for this unselfish act of being committed to WORK FOR US, During these trying times

With a 54mil budget I'm not sure what that's worth. I heard that stunt was nor well received last night.

I haven't read the whole thing. I was just making an observation. We share a lot of viewpoints.

Got a message from him saying he did not pass it out last night and does not know who did. I think I understood him correctly.

I obviously declined.

pffft! 8) liberals ...

pubby

Can we have them all sitting in their underwear?

With a 54mil budget I'm not sure what that's worth. I heard that stunt was nor well received last night.

Do you always have to be so negative?

Obviously you never took the time to attend the forun last night, To hear all of the candidates, But you will be able to view the entire forum on the local website PAULDING COUNTY TODAY should be aired Monday. All citizens of Paulding County can make that decision once it is aired?

I can tell you In my opimion in went over better than the Hammer and cigar skit performed by your candidate :D

Wasn't it you who said Will Avery was wrong to run for office to get more money from it since he is making education a priority and his wife is a teacher? So here are two candidates who will certainly not be getting money from it, but you call it a stunt? I think you're being very inconsistent here.

• Like 1

Note to all concerned - opinions of people that also attend meetings at the GOP are just that - opinions.

There are many folks here that attend meetings at the GOP and many have differing views on the candidates.

Perfect example is Stout vs Braddock vs Golden.

Surepip, you well know from your time on this board who some of the screen names are and if they are involved at the Republican Party.

For those who don't know that much about the local Republican Party, I'll share some insight:

YES - there are folks that have very strong opinions politically (go figure, or they wouldn't be spending time at GOP meetings).

Yes - they do voice their opinions on here and other boards - and yes SOMETIMES they go too far just as our buddies in this post do from time to time.

However, the party does not as a whole(nor do the officers) at any time promote candidates or demote candidates during the primaries. They are not allowed to do so as it's against the bylaws. So, you are correct, there is no proof. It's simply not allowed. I as an individual can support any candidate I want. As a member of the executive committee of the GOP, I can not support any candidate during the primary.

Also the Chairperson of the party is elected in every 2 years, so NO - there has not been this powerful group influencing the elections - the people in charge change hands too often (more often than our BOC/BOE officials and other elected representatives).

As usual, take these rantings with a grain of salt. There is contact information available for the Paulding GOP and you can ask the Chairman more questions to understand the role the Party plays in the community.

As a side note now that I've hopefully cleared up a little about the GOP....

I for one have posted that I like Beverly Cochran, Vernon Collet, and Jason Anivitarte as potential Commissioners. I have not however retaliated or used this board to post UGLY NASTY SMEARS against the candidates I do not like even though I have information/thoughts that I could share with some undecided voters.

It is classless to do so. Readers may note that you haven't really seen true smear campaigns like the ones that the guys in this post have thrusted in front of us already against Beverly and now a little on Jason.

I agree with a post I think from BellaPrincess - can't remember for sure.

Energy and integrity would be much better served on highlighing what you like about your candidate - especially when you can't provide any proof of the junk you throw out about the opposition.

LOL. It was me and I was just about to quote you because I liked your post! :)

Wasn't it you who said Will Avery was wrong to run for office to get more money from it since he is making education a priority and his wife is a teacher? So here are two candidates who will certainly not be getting money from it, but you call it a stunt? I think you're being very inconsistent here.

Apples and Oranges.

Do you always have to be so negative?

Obviously you never took the time to attend the forun last night, To hear all of the candidates, But you will be able to view the entire forum on the local website PAULDING COUNTY TODAY should be aired Monday. All citizens of Paulding County can make that decision once it is aired?

I can tell you In my opimion in went over better than the Hammer and cigar skit performed by your candidate :D

And who is my candidate?

I heard about this. They did mention they would forgo the salary but keep the benefits. Insurance for County employees is VERY REASONABLE and would be a considerable cost savings vs. the premium they are likely paying. The big question for me is how would they be benefitting financially in this position???

I did get a response regarding my offer to give Chris Collins the opportunity to rebut his critics on PCOM TV.

He wrote:

Pat, there will no interview, period. It is up to the candidates to prove no ties to the building industry and membership of past or present. Furthermore, the article is not an opinion, but a report.

Several of the comments posted on your site are incorrect and I will be writing a response article to those attacks which is ironic since you ban others for the same thing.

Call it what you wish but I stand my ground.

Sincerely,

Christopher Lee Collins

Sorry, Whitey, it appears that Chris will be rebutting allegations on his 'examiner' site.

pubby

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Woohoo the wild west!!

I did get a response regarding my offer to give Chris Collins the opportunity to rebut his critics on PCOM TV.

He wrote:

Pat, there will no interview, period. It is up to the candidates to prove no ties to the building industry and membership of past or present. Furthermore, the article is not an opinion, but a report.

Several of the comments posted on your site are incorrect and I will be writing a response article to those attacks which is ironic since you ban others for the same thing.

Call it what you wish but I stand my ground.

Sincerely,

Christopher Lee Collins

Sorry, Whitey, it appears that Chris will be rebutting allegations on his 'examiner' site.

pubby

This does not suprise me in the least, I never had the hopes that he would be willing to discuss the items that he writes. Never has never will BUT................. This should make for a little controversy at the Meet and greet this Saturday At White Oak Park, When all the accused candidates have an opportunity to confront him about the statements that he has posted about them, Maybe he will be wearing his Beverly Cochran T Shirt, And we can get some you tube videos of his comments to those people that he has wrongly accused.

This is truly a sad day for Politics in Paulding County

• Like 1

This does not suprise me in the least, I never had the hopes that he would be willing to discuss the items that he writes. Never has never will BUT................. This should make for a little controversy at the Meet and greet this Saturday At White Oak Park, When all the accused candidates have an opportunity to confront him about the statements that he has posted about them, Maybe he will be wearing his Beverly Cochran T Shirt, And we can get some you tube videos of his comments to those people that he has wrongly accused.

This is truly a sad day for Politics in Paulding County

Little man with a big mouth.

What about those storage buildings that he owns and operates? Who do you suppose uses those- maybe people moving into the county?

And who does (or did) he primarily sell his goods to? Homebuilders in some other county?

Todd Pownall, Emphatically stated that he has NEVER been a member of the Paulding County Builders Association,

No, Todd just sold people houses so that they could move into the county and put their kids in school.

I'm not faulting anyone here, but if you are looking at the building industry as a bunch of scoundrels, no one seems lilly white. It was the prime industry in this county for years- and a lot of people (even the non-builders/developers currently in or running for office) made money off it. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking anything different.

He wrote:

pubby

I don't know what the examiner site is. Somebody help me here. I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't go on web TV to face an accusation and clear the air. The only reason would be if there is something to hide or if the person felt inferior in being able to discuss an issue. There might be other reasons but I can't think of any. I don't understand this at all.

• Like 1