Paulding.com

Tahoe:

There are blogs, which are for the person who writes the blog. Sometimes they let folks comment.

There are forums. They are for everyone. And the last time I looked, I was in that group.

pubby

I know, but I had always invisioned you are the "Peacemaker"....sorry.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCUSE ME?   And just whom did I slander ?   Careful Animal....that goes both ways.   And by the way, I would LOVE to move on....unfortunately 3 of the post commissioners refuse to let it move o

Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed.

I support David Barnett because He knows what the problems are within the County And knows what needs to be done to fix them, David has given back to the community in many different ways, Through his

Posted Images

Pubby is beginning to get an attitude.....seems like he is "using" p.com as his own personal sound board. WOW.... :huh:

Make no mistake that many of his comments qualify

as clear and blatant endorsement of certain candidates,

and maybe considered "in kind" political contributions... B)

• Like 1

Really on the truth, I have to admit I was a little off, But not by much.

The millage rate (also known as the tax rate) is a figure applied to the value of your property to calculate your property tax liability. One “mill” equals one dollar of tax on every thousand dollars of taxable value.

So a .15 mill decrease as you and Mr. Anavitarte are raving about would amount to a tax cut of 15 cents per thousand dollars of taxable value’

A home valued at $100,000 would receive a tax reduction of $5.70 per year or less than .016 cents (less than two cents) per day. Based on normal Home stead exemption.

WOW AND JASON MADE A PRESS RELEASE ABOUT THIS, Just shows how out of touch Jason really is.

JUST SO you know I will accept the tax cuts that David Austin And Tommy Graham made to this years budget, AND YOU CAN KEEP THE CHANGE :lol: :D Sure hope Barnett and Pownall get elected so this trend will continue

Chirp Chirp Chirp <crickets> Hey Tom I thought you was going to post where this information was wrong. WTH!!!!!

Hahahahaha .. dude, you're a pathetic propagandist.... keep your day job ....

Can you show me the math on the 1/5 of one cent tax please.

RR Whitey has showed you the math,Are you ever going to respond?It appears that whitey has exposed Jason on the little trick that he attempted to pull, Got any comments? As whitey stated Jason is really out of touch.

"Fix the Bump" on Harmony Grove....your kidding right, that's on his agenda. :rofl:

Sorry to say he won't have anything to do with "Fixing" that. The county DOT is getting ready to PAVE the entire Harmony Grove Church Road. They couldn't do anything until school was out. The bump was caused from the new Firestation when they built the turn lanes.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jason is not kidding, Hell he is going to cut my taxes 4 cents a day.

Look at this gathering,all of us patriots should get together. People should have a grand ole meeting. Whitey I would love to hear you and your counter part Maddox speak.Surpip too hell let's all get together. :drinks:

RR Whitey has showed you the math,Are you ever going to respond?It appears that whitey has exposed Jason on the little trick that he attempted to pull, Got any comments? As whitey stated Jason is really out of touch.

I'm not correcting Whitey's math for him. He'll have to do it himself. You're welcome to loan him a few fingers and toes. At the end of the day, you can not say that David's proposed 2.3 million cut to the budget is great and that Jason's proposed 2.8 million cut is peanuts. Doesn't hold water. There's no reason the mill-rate can't come back down to 6.5 in this year's budget.

Reagan Republican, do you know if Jason is for or against the splost?

I don't recall him addressing it.

No idea. But personally, I don't care where a candidate or commissioner stands on the SPLOST. The decision lies with the citizens. The commissioner is but one vote and I believe they're not even allowed to push it. At least that's what someone quoted David saying at the last PGOP. I'm much more interested in the 54-60 million in the M/O budget that the citizens do not get to vote on. But, while we're at it. How come WHITEY is so quiet on the SPLOST? Hmmmmmmm.

No idea. But personally, I don't care where a candidate or commissioner stands on the SPLOST. The decision lies with the citizens. The commissioner is but one vote and I believe they're not even allowed to push it. At least that's what someone quoted David saying at the last PGOP. I'm much more interested in the 54-60 million in the M/O budget that the citizens do not get to vote on. But, while we're at it. How come WHITEY is so quiet on the SPLOST? Hmmmmmmm.

I don't know about the rest, I just thought you might know the answer to my question.

I will ask him next time I see him or on FB, no big deal.

I'm not correcting Whitey's math for him. He'll have to do it himself. You're welcome to loan him a few fingers and toes. At the end of the day, you can not say that David's proposed 2.3 million cut to the budget is great and that Jason's proposed 2.8 million cut is peanuts. Doesn't hold water. There's no reason the mill-rate can't come back down to 6.5 in this year's budget.

I find your comment a rather strange way to agree that My math is correct :D

Yep ATTENTION ATTENTION PRESS RELEASE TO BE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY

I hereby swear if elected I wull reduce the massive tax burden on the citizens of Paulding County and post 4 by at least one cent per day and maybe four cents per day depending on property evaluation.In my 71 years I have seen a lot of politicians do some dumb things, But this one takes the cake, And RR thinks it is the grandest thing a politican has ever done in PC.ROTFALMAO

Tom you are playing with those funny nunbers again :D

I hereby swear if elected I wull reduce the massive tax burden on the citizens of Paulding County and post 4 by at least one cent per day and maybe four cents per day depending on property evaluation.In my 71 years I have seen a lot of politicians do some dumb things, But this one takes the cake, And RR thinks it is the grandest thing a politican has ever done in PC.ROTFALMAO

Only in your world is a 2.8 million dollar budget cut worth less to the taxpayer than a 2.3 million.

• Like 1

Only in your world is a 2.8 million dollar budget cut worth less to the taxpayer than a 2.3 million.

Only in your world will you fail to admit that this commission has cut the budget several times over what Jason has proposed,this year.

This year you will deceive the biggest tax decline in property taxes than the previous ten years combined, Yet you and Jason wants to tout a press releases announcing a fake massive cut SHAME ON YOU AND JASON :angry: For trying to fool the prople.

Only in your world will you fail to admit that this commission has cut the budget several times over what Jason has proposed,this year.

This year you will deceive the biggest tax decline in property taxes than the previous ten years combined, Yet you and Jason wants to tout a press releases announcing a fake massive cut SHAME ON YOU AND JASON :angry: For trying to fool the prople.

The proposed budget of this year is 2.3 mil less than last year. Jason is pushing for 2.8 million. That is 22% more than what the commission is proposing. If you don't think 22% more is significant than that's fine. Go with your story. By the way, where do you stand on the SPLOST?

Do I hear the term fuzzy math :pardon:

The proposed budget of this year is 2.3 mil less than last year. Jason is pushing for 2.8 million. That is 22% more than what the commission is proposing. If you don't think 22% more is significant than that's fine. Go with your story. By the way, where do you stand on the SPLOST?

This folks is totally in accurate and without basis or Facts. Jason has had the .15 mil decrease on his web site from day one, well prior to the budget ever being posted or available to the general public, And nowhere has he posted that in addition to the proposed budget cuts I propose an additional millage rate cut!!!!! Jason posted this without a clue as to what had been cut from the budget, and, shows his immaturity in the budget process

If Jason’s proposal were accepted, based on what is on his web site a reported $500,000 would have been returned to the community instead of the 2.3 million. Furthermore I am not sure if the $500,000 is an accurate figure. I suspect that due to the decrease in property values, this figure is much less

As previously stated Jason is out of touch with reality, and so is RR, Nice try at atempting to confuse the voters though, you are a master with those smoke screens :blink:

This folks is totally in accurate and without basis or Facts. Jason has had the .15 mil decrease on his web site from day one, well prior to the budget ever being posted or available to the general public, And nowhere has he posted that in addition to the proposed budget cuts I propose an additional millage rate cut!!!!! Jason posted this without a clue as to what had been cut from the budget, and, shows his immaturity in the budget process

If Jason’s proposal were accepted, based on what is on his web site a reported $500,000 would have been returned to the community instead of the 2.3 million. Furthermore I am not sure if the $500,000 is an accurate figure. I suspect that due to the decrease in property values, this figure is much less

As previously stated Jason is out of touch with reality, and so is RR, Nice try at atempting to confuse the voters though, you are a master with those smoke screens :blink:

What?!?!?! The budget was published on June 1st!!! And was 2.3million down from last year. Jason has asked for an additional $500k on top of the proposed budget. You're confused my man.

• Like 1

Not true. :nea:

If Jason?s proposal were accepted, based on what is on his web site a reported $500,000 would have been returned to the community instead of the 2.3 million. Furthermore I am not sure if the $500,000 is an accurate figure. I suspect that due to the decrease in property values, this figure is much less

Here's the math and the timeline. You can be against it but don't misrepresent the facts.

Paulding County Maintenance and Operations Budget

2010 Budget 53.7 million @6.65 mill-rate

2011 Budget 51.4 million @6.65 mill-rate (proposed and published on 6/1/10 at paulding.gov)

2011 Budget 50.9 million @6.50 mill-rate (press release from Jason A. on 6/21/10)

Edited by Reagan Republican

Not true. :nea:

Is true…. Still there "Cut property tax rate" Been there since early march, Was caught off guard by Barnett’s announcement of giving back to the county during the chambers candidate forum, And issued the press release, NEVER anywhere has he stated prior to the press release that he was for the tax cuts granted as a result of the reassessment plus returning to the 6.50 mill rate, If that was his position he had two wonderful opportunities to do so At the forum held at Stars and Stripes, And the forum held at the Dallas theatre Heck pull up the videos on him and you will realize you have been had.

Once the reassessments started being received by the home owners he realized that his tax relief proposal was paltry compared to what was actually occurring, And issued the alleged press release, It is truly a sad day when a politician thinks he can dupe the residents with this type of slick political maneuvering

Is true?. Still there "Cut property tax rate" Been there since early march, Was caught off guard by Barnett?s announcement of giving back to the county during the chambers candidate forum, And issued the press release, NEVER anywhere has he stated prior to the press release that he was for the tax cuts granted as a result of the reassessment plus returning to the 6.50 mill rate, If that was his position he had two wonderful opportunities to do so At the forum held at Stars and Stripes, And the forum held at the Dallas theatre Heck pull up the videos on him and you will realize you have been had.

Once the reassessments started being received by the home owners he realized that his tax relief proposal was paltry compared to what was actually occurring, And issued the alleged press release, It is truly a sad day when a politician thinks he can dupe the residents with this type of slick political maneuvering

Whitey, you're not making any sense. Sorry.

"NEVER anywhere has he stated prior to the press release" ... correct! That's the purpose of a press release. To state something new! The budget didn't come out until June 1st so how would someone make any recommendation or comment on it prior to that?!??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

2011 Budget 51.4 million @6.65 mill-rate (proposed and published on 6/1/10 at paulding.gov)

2011 Budget 50.9 million @6.50 mill-rate (press release from Jason A. on 6/21/10)

Whitey, you're not making any sense. Sorry.

"NEVER anywhere has he stated prior to the press release" ... correct! That's the purpose of a press release. To state something new! The budget didn't come out until June 1st so how would someone make any recommendation or comment on it prior to that?!??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

2011 Budget 49.9 million @6.50 mill-rate (press release from Jason A. on 6/21/10)

March 2010 Jasons web site " cut tax rate"

June 1 2010 Budget cut taxes more than jason proposed on his web site

June 15th Barnett and pownall announced they would forego two years pay

June 21 2010 Jasons issues press denounces actions by barnett and Pownall.And suggest .15 mill decrease

As a side note in the whisper campaign being conducted in certain areas of post 4 prior to June1,2010 this has always been the tax cuts he has talked about on his web site, Of course their is a different message depending on which area he is campaiging in :lol:

Since you seem to know jason better than I do, will you explain how much he was talking about on his web page?

March 2010 Jasons web site " cut tax rate"

June 1 2010 Budget cut taxes more than jason proposed on his web site

June 15th Barnett and pownall announced they would forego two years pay

June 21 2010 Jasons issues press denounces actions by barnett and Pownall.And suggest .15 mill decrease

As a side note in the whisper campaign being conducted in certain areas of post 4 prior to June1,2010 this has always been the tax cuts he has talked about on his web site, Of course their is a different message depending on which area he is campaiging in :lol:

Since you seem to know jason better than I do, will you explain how much he was talking about on his web page?

Not a lick of sense. If you're going to make something up it at least has to be plausible.

How can the the budget have cut taxes more than he wanted if he never said what he wanted?

Also, what he stated on his website was a "tax rate" cut. And the June 1st budget has the same 6.65 as last year. The mill-rate is the same as last year. You're desperate on this one.

Also, you're the only person I know who turns himself in for his own "whisper campaigns" ... :rofl:

• Like 1

And just how does the average 17% reduction across the board for the county fit into this ?

If Jason is on top of his game like you say, why don't we cut the Millage rate back to the old rate, and keep last years assessments ? The BOC would then have plenty to balance the budget and replace the depleted surplus Jason's buddy Jerry pissed away.

All property owners are going to get an average decrease in property taxes, across the board, of 17% this year. If you paid $1000 last year, you will pay $830 this year. And Jason wants to cut the millage rate .15 mils ?

For what and why ?

Austin has cut out evrerything there is to cut out other than firing police and fire protection, or shutting down the courts.

Get your heads out of the sand, or elsewhere [?] and join the real world.

• Like 1

And just how does the average 17% reduction across the board for the county fit into this ?

If Jason is on top of his game like you say, why don't we cut the Millage rate back to the old rate, and keep last years assessments ? The BOC would then have plenty to balance the budget and replace the depleted surplus Jason's buddy Jerry pissed away.

All property owners are going to get an average decrease in property taxes, across the board, of 17% this year. If you paid $1000 last year, you will pay $830 this year. And Jason wants to cut the millage rate .15 mils ?

For what and why ?

Austin has cut out evrerything there is to cut out other than firing police and fire protection, or shutting down the courts.

Get your heads out of the sand, or elsewhere [?] and join the real world.

RR

:rolleyes:

I don’t think WHITEY ask you to correct his math nothing to correct there!! I was the one asking butt sound like that you want your sandbox to yourself to post what you tend to spin from time to time and do not play well with others!!!! I will wait for a civil response from you please.

BTW>>>>>> NO SPIN

RR

:rolleyes:

I don?t think WHITEY ask you to correct his math nothing to correct there!! I was the one asking butt sound like that you want your sandbox to yourself to post what you tend to spin from time to time and do not play well with others!!!! I will wait for a civil response from you please.

BTW>>>>>> NO SPIN

Again, you can't say that 2.3million is great and 2.8 is meaningless.

2011 Budget 50.9 million @6.50 mill-rate (press release from Jason A. on 6/21/10

Again, you can't say that 2.3million is great and 2.8 is meaningless.

2011 Budget 50.9 million @6.50 mill-rate (press release from Jason A. on 6/21/10

Really on the truth, I have to admit I was a little off, But not by much.

The millage rate (also known as the tax rate) is a figure applied to the value of your property to calculate your property tax liability. One “mill” equals one dollar of tax on every thousand dollars of taxable value.

So a .15 mill decrease as you and Mr. Anavitarte are raving about would amount to a tax cut of 15 cents per thousand dollars of taxable value’

A home valued at $100,000 would receive a tax reduction of $5.70 per year or less than .016 cents (less than two cents) per day. Based on normal Home stead exemption.

WOW AND JASON MADE A PRESS RELEASE ABOUT THIS, Just shows how out of touch Jason really is.

JUST SO you know I will accept the tax cuts that David Austin And Tommy Graham made to this years budget, AND YOU CAN KEEP THE CHANGE Sure hope Barnett and Pownall get elected so this trend will continue

RR

Thanks for replying to my question. Can you explain? I guess I am having a senior moment and not understanding what you are trying to tell me about the math as showed in the above?

Is true…. Still there "Cut property tax rate" Been there since early march, Was caught off guard by Barnett’s announcement of giving back to the county during the chambers candidate forum, And issued the press release, NEVER anywhere has he stated prior to the press release that he was for the tax cuts granted as a result of the reassessment plus returning to the 6.50 mill rate, If that was his position he had two wonderful opportunities to do so At the forum held at Stars and Stripes, And the forum held at the Dallas theatre Heck pull up the videos on him and you will realize you have been had.

Whitey You should be aware of his back ground, This is Atlanta Ga. Politics at it.s best, That is how he came up in the political arena. Misleading people, Heck it is hard to really tell whether he is a Democrat or a Republican, I guess he decides this based on what area he is living in at the time of a given race? :unsure: :lol:

Whitey You should be aware of his back ground, This is Atlanta Ga. Politics at it.s best, That is how he came up in the political arena. Misleading people, Heck it is hard to really tell whether he is a Democrat or a Republican, I guess he decides this based on what area he is living in at the time of a given race? :unsure: :lol:

First of all, there is nothing "misleading" about

saying you support a "tax rate cut" and then proposing

a $500K "tax rate cut" after reviewing the proposed budget.

Unlike most critics in this thread,

I have lived in post #4 for 15 years.

Yes, I am supporting Jason Anavitarte for Commissioner.

I believe he has the education, background, and experience,

to be an asset to our county and a voice for the taxpayers.

Most important... he listens.

Having said that... all of this grasping at straws nonsense is ridiculous.

It is perfectly fine by mine if you support or prefer another candidate,

we are really lucky in post #4 to have some very good choices this year.

I see only a bunch of unsupported rumors and whispers,

and strictly personal animus reasons for this smearfest.

Tell me WHY you support the other guy ???

Tell me WHY you do not have a thread for him ???

I've talked with Jason Anavitarte,

and he has my vote for commissioner.

post-4090-127758253414.gif

• Like 2

Just where is this $500,000 going to come from in the budget ? I don't see anywhere left to cut. Seems to be political grandstanding to me

AND, if the SPLOST does not pass it will be irrelevant. The BOC will have to raise our property taxes just to keep the deputies on the road.

I support David Barnett because He knows what the problems are within the County And knows what needs to be done to fix them, David has given back to the community in many different ways, Through his involvement in charitable organizations, And through his church, Not to mention that he has pledged to not accept any salary for the first two years of his term.

David Barnett is an astute Businessman that knows what it is like to have to meet a payroll, and have the responsibility to his employees and their families to provide them a steady place of employment, and used innovative means to provide the job security for his employees.

David Barnett has never worked for the previous administration; some of his opponents cannot say this

David Barnett has never belonged to the GALEO organization, and does not believe in amnesty for those that have entered the United States Illegally.

David Barnett Has no connections whatsoever with the Atlanta Political Machine, and does not think tax dollars should be used to provide same sex domestic partnership benefits

David Barnett is open, candid, honest, and will, work hard to solve the problems facing Paulding County

Mrshoward this is why I support David Barnett.