Paulding.com

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCUSE ME?   And just whom did I slander ?   Careful Animal....that goes both ways.   And by the way, I would LOVE to move on....unfortunately 3 of the post commissioners refuse to let it move o

Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed.

I support David Barnett because He knows what the problems are within the County And knows what needs to be done to fix them, David has given back to the community in many different ways, Through his

Posted Images

Cut property tax rate to help grow local economy,

oppose wasteful spending and public safety cuts,

and lower dependence on residents for revenue.

- Jason Anavitarte

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I do not want another spineless "yes" man on the county commission,

a new good old local backscratching network of entrenched interests.

I want someone who is willing to make tough choices and

stand up for the hardworking taxpayers of this county...

My vote is for JASON ANAVITARTE !!!

We also don't need spineless party line followers that are not looking out for the good of the county, but trying to buy votes. IMO, standing up for the taxpayers means making sure we have adequate services we need now and planning for the future, not just minimizing taxes at the expense of everything else.

Whether we like it or not, those roads we use, the Fire and Police departments, Animal control, all take money to run. It costs money to do the planning and get permits for the Reservoir that is desperately needed.

We need someone who will balance priorities of needs within the county.

Lets look at your quote above:

Seems to be a double mouth full of nothing to me. Every candidate who ever ran has been opposed to "wasteful spending". Of course, most will not tell you just what they consider "wasteful" The devil is in the details. After 10 million in cuts, I suspect their is not a lot of "waste" in the budget.

Most candidates are all for supporting Police and Fire and Public Safety. Since he is supporting no cuts in PS, I guess that means that there is no "waste" in the Public Safety offices? So where else is all this tax cut money coming from?

I especially like the last one, "lower dependence on residents for revenue." LOL. Good grief, in the end all of us are paying the taxes no matter where it come from, I thought you understood that, are you not one of the Fair tax supporters?

That quote above ranks right up there with Pres Obama's "Hope and Change" slogans.

We also don't need spineless party line followers that are not looking out for the good of the county, but trying to buy votes. IMO, standing up for the taxpayers means making sure we have adequate services we need now and planning for the future, not just minimizing taxes at the expense of everything else.

Whether we like it or not, those roads we use, the Fire and Police departments, Animal control, all take money to run. It costs money to do the planning and get permits for the Reservoir that is desperately needed.

We need someone who will balance priorities of needs within the county.

Lets look at your quote above:

Seems to be a double mouth full of nothing to me. Every candidate who ever ran has been opposed to "wasteful spending". Of course, most will not tell you just what they consider "wasteful" The devil is in the details. After 10 million in cuts, I suspect their is not a lot of "waste" in the budget.

Most candidates are all for supporting Police and Fire and Public Safety. Since he is supporting no cuts in PS, I guess that means that there is no "waste" in the Public Safety offices? So where else is all this tax cut money coming from?

I especially like the last one, "lower dependence on residents for revenue." LOL. Good grief, in the end all of us are paying the taxes no matter where it come from, I thought you understood that, are you not one of the Fair tax supporters?

That quote above ranks right up there with Pres Obama's "Hope and Change" slogans.

Sounds like one big pity party for the $50+ mil dollar county budget. :cray: Poor budget. Maybe we can get our kids to set up lemonade stands to raise money and give it to the county? Talk about out of touch.

Sounds like one big pity party for the $50+ mil dollar county budget. :cray: Poor budget. Maybe we can get our kids to set up lemonade stands to raise money and give it to the county? Talk about out of touch.

"Out of touch"? Care to expand on that? Just how am I "out of touch" Or do you believe the county government runs on peanuts and cracker jacks? :huh:

I've been through a 15% wage cut, it was no fun for our budget and doubt it has been fun for David. Since Jerry and crew would have been happy to raise the rates under the pretense that "taxes are not being increased" I was amazed and happy that David looked at cutting the budget *first*.

- Jason Anavitarte

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I do not want another spineless "yes" man on the county commission,

a new good old local backscratching network of entrenched interests.I want someone who is willing to make tough choices and

stand up for the hardworking taxpayers of this county...

My vote is for JASON ANAVITARTE !!!

I really believe that Jason is a much smarter politician than to release this type of press release, and I believe it is a hoax being played on him. Surely he knows that the current BOC has reduced the tax burden on the citizens by millions upon millions of dollars the past two years, Or does he? Not a smart move on Jason’s part to propose a mil rate cut of a few dollars. I will take the millions that the Commissioners cut, and “he can "keep the change” :lol:

BTW what are these "entrenched interests" you speak of?

I really believe that Jason is a much smarter politician than to release this type of press release, and I believe it is a hoax being played on him. Surely he knows that the current BOC has reduced the tax burden on the citizens by millions upon millions of dollars the past two years, Or does he? Not a smart move on Jason’s part to propose a mil rate cut of a few dollars. I will take the millions that the Commissioners cut, and “he can "keep the change” :lol:

BTW what are these "entrenched interests" you speak of?

Keep the change? You mean the $24k that the Austin backed candidates of Barnett and Pownall suggested last week? Boy that's really going to help taxpayers in 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Keep the change? You mean the $24k that the Austin backed candidates of Barnett and Pownall suggested last week? Boy that's really going to help taxpayers in 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol:

*EDIT*

Edited by feelip
Remove personal information

First off, I Do not know for a fact that David Austin has openly supported anyone, But I do know that if I were running for elected office in this County I would certainly be asking for his support. Based solely on what he has been able to do during the first two years of his Administration, Maybe you can tell me of a prior administration that has done so much with so little, With NO INCREASE IN THE TAX BASE?

Secondly, maybe you can tell me when was the last time a sitting commissioner declined to receive pay for his services to the community?

If my memory serves me correctly, the old Guard 2000 thru 2010 was the first commissioners to receive pay for their services; sure the Commission Chairman received pay, but not the post commissioners. They all served the citizens for no pay, Because Jason and Beverly are running on the platform of receiving pay for their services, I find it a little ironic that you continue to raise the issue, That Todd and David decided to give back to the community, But……………….I guess you have your reasons.?

I am sure you are aware that this is the first time in 18 years that most citizens in this County will actually realize a reduction in their property taxes, And that my friend is a platform that I would be proud to run on, thanks David Austin for making the tough decisions, And reducing our taxes this year, We needed a tax break from the tax and spend administrations of the past, I hope that you will gain a Majority vote on the Board of Commissioners, So that you will be able to continue the conservative leadership that you have shown the past two years

Edited by otis
REMOVE Personal info.

I won't vote for Jason for two reasons, 1st, he supported spousal benefits for queers when he was an official in Doraville. I don't.

2nd, I don't live in his post. I would vote against him though.

Nice. <_<

GOP rules do you hold an elected position in the Paulding County Republican Party? If so I think you should tone down a bit, it does not reflect very well on all members of the party

GOP rules do you hold an elected position in the Paulding County Republican Party? If so I think you should tone down a bit, it does not reflect very well on all members of the party

DOT,

Don't waste your time. Rules and protocol are only meant for "other" people.

It is evident the Paulding GOP is divided, into 2 distinct factions on the commission race.

Those backing Anivitarte, Cochran, and Collet are quite a few of those active in the Paulding GOP who are precinct captains, past directors and officers, and mainstream.

I was under the impression all active members, especially those who are officers, precinct captains and delegates are to remain 100% neutral until after the primary. The Old Guard is running scared of totally losing out in this election. They are still trying to recover after losing the chairman's seat and Tommie Graham's seat and they sure as hell don't want to lose another seat, let alone 2.

I expect things to get quite nasty a week of so after 4th of July.

And it is obvious who Ithy, GOP Rules, etc. are backing. And both are I believe precinct captains.

DOT,

Don't waste your time. Rules and protocol are only meant for "other" people.

It is evident the Paulding GOP is divided, into 2 distinct factions on the commission race.

Those backing Anivitarte, Cochran, and Collet are quite a few of those active in the Paulding GOP who are precinct captains, past directors and officers, and mainstream.

I was under the impression all active members, especially those who are officers, precinct captains and delegates are to remain 100% neutral until after the primary. The Old Guard is running scared of totally losing out in this election. They are still trying to recover after losing the chairman's seat and Tommie Graham's seat and they sure as hell don't want to lose another seat, let alone 2.

I expect things to get quite nasty a week of so after 4th of July.

And it is obvious who Ithy, GOP Rules, etc. are backing. And both are I believe precinct captains.

Again, your analysis is absurd and inaccurate. But keep throwing darts, you'll eventually hit something. By the way, me and Ithy differ on several of the candidates.

Also, the only thing consistent on this board is that the most liberal posters are all backing Graham, Barnett, Pownall, and Avery. That surely speaks volumes.

• Like 1

"Out of touch"? Care to expand on that? Just how am I "out of touch" Or do you believe the county government runs on peanuts and cracker jacks? :huh:

I've been through a 15% wage cut, it was no fun for our budget and doubt it has been fun for David. Since Jerry and crew would have been happy to raise the rates under the pretense that "taxes are not being increased" I was amazed and happy that David looked at cutting the budget *first*.

Hey, GOPR, still waiting for a response.

Hey, GOPR, still waiting for a response.

TSG,

I would venture to guess Anivitarte and GOPRules/RR both think the government runs on peanuts and cracker jacks. Their analysis of cutting taxes further [i thought the average 17% was pretty good] by reducing services down to the point we don't have any is indeed absurd and ridiculous.

They are not out to address issues. They are out to get their candidates elected regardless of what the consequences are.

As Whitey used to say, "They have been drinking the Coolaid" drinks.gif

My vote on the District 19 seat is undecided at this point as I will be voting in the Republican primary. But you can rest assured it will go the opposite from Ithy and RR.

Yes, I believe the county runs on peanuts and cracker jacks. Stupid question, gets stupid response. Anything else?

Well, well, well. Touchy are we?

No, that was the rhetorical question, the response I'm looking for is some explanation of your comment that I'm "out of touch".

Care to get into details GOPR, or would you prefer to stay with your one liners?

It's On!

Sound Guy has been writing a post for this thread for the last 30 minutes.
Grand-standing? Like two candidates standing up and announcing in unison that they'll donate their salaries to the county if elected?
A liberal calling another person a liberal for wanting the tax-rate cut. I've seen it all now. :rofl:
Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed. :yahoo:

I don't need facts to disagree with pure speculation.
What did I say?

Come on, the major complaint in this forum is that no one will debate. Well, I'm still undecided in this race. If Jason is your boy, convince me why I should vote for him. Let's hear it.

Well, well, well. Touchy are we?

No, that was the rhetorical question, the response I'm looking for is some explanation of your comment that I'm "out of touch".

Care to get into details GOPR, or would you prefer to stay with your one liners?

Come on, the major complaint in this forum is that no one will debate. Well, I'm still undecided in this race. If Jason is your boy, convince me why I should vote for him. Let's hear it.

One-liners are sufficient for most posts on this board. 8)

Yes, I believe the county runs on peanuts and cracker jacks. Stupid question, gets stupid response. Anything else?

Er.... Gop Rules when you change your avatar and your Screen name it also changes on all previous post, So you are not fooling any one, By changing to regan republican :lol:

Er.... Gop Rules when you change your avatar and your Screen name it also changes on all previous post, So you are not fooling any one, By changing to regan republican :lol:

Nah.....I believe he did the name change to distance himself from his cronies over at the Paulding GOP headquarters on p.com.

But it is obvious he learned little from the Great Communicator with his lack of any kind of communication skills other than hurling insults and one liners while others are seeking some serious answers.

Changing your name and avatar does not answer my question, Are you a precinct captain in the local republican party?

DOT, I've seen you run this PGOP smear trail before and won't waste my time with you. If you want to know more about the party then join it. If you don't, then find something else to obsess about.

DOT, I've seen you run this PGOP smear trail before and won't waste my time with you. If you want to know more about the party then join it. If you don't, then find something else to obsess about.

I did find this thread that you started very interesting, Was just checking out your honesty

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/196008-looking-for-precinct-08union-republicans/page__fromsearch__1

Edited to add how do you have two different accounts? Which is obivous in this thread, I thought only business members were allowed two accounts

Edited by DOT

You think I was going to say NO?

Actually I was hoping that you would be candid and open with your elected responsibilites of the local GOP, But a lot of folks on this web site have discovered differently, this is really a sad day for the GOP in Paulding

Ah, so you admit, you are not here to be helpful or debate in any way, you are only here to stir up trouble?

Actually, I was debating but then Feelup started worrying about where I live, DOT tried to set me up, and you're focused on the length of my posts.

Actually I was hoping that you would be candid and open with your elected responsibilites of the local GOP, But a lot of folks on this web site have discovered differently, this is really a sad day for the GOP in Paulding

Hahahaha ... you're so transparent it's silly.

Actually, I was debating but then Feelup started worrying about where I live, DOT tried to set me up, and you're focused on the length of my posts.

So now I guess we can get back to the debate as to why you think jason is better than David, Whatchagot on these two candidates? Do you agree with jason's stance on domestic partnership,And the possible connections to the gay right movement in Atlanta?

Edited by DOT

So now I guess we can get back to the debate as to why you think jason is better than David, Whatchagot on these two candidates? Do you agree with jason's stance on domestic partnership,And the possible connections to the gay right movement in Atlanta?

I don't live in Post 4. Call the candidates yourself. I do know that a mill-rate decrease is a good thing and that whole donating your salaries back to the county is as hokey as it gets.

Edited by Reagan Republican

I don't live in Post 4. Call the candidates yourself. I do know that a mill-rate decrease is a good thing and that whole donating your salaries back to the county is as hokey as it gets.

Yes but a $20,000 reduction in an assassment is a huge thing,granting hundreds of dollars in lower taxes, I never have understood why you are so hung up on millage rates particular when the increase equated to less than 1/5th of one cent? Increase

Those salaries That were donated could allow the county additional employees for the parks road crews, Or maybe keep another employee from getting laid off or avoid additional furlow days, Nothing hokey about that

You are a master debater. 8)

Yes but a $20,000 reduction in an assassment is a huge thing,granting hundreds of dollars in lower taxes, I never have understood why you are so hung up on millage rates particular when the increase equated to less than 1/5th of one cent? Increase

Those salaries That were donated could allow the county additional employees for the parks road crews, Or maybe keep another employee from getting laid off or avoid additional furlow days, Nothing hokey about that

It's obvious you believe that $24k in the government's hands is better than $500k in the taxpayers' hands.

• Like 1

Why change your song and dance now ? You backing away from Anivitarte ?

And Collett ?

And Cochran ??

This is quite comical, albiet childish, especially coming from someone who's supposed to be the head of the Republican Party in this county.

Changing names doesn't change a thing.

Sad indeed -_-

Not the head of anything and pcom allows one name change per a year. Sorry it's so upsetting for you.

Why change your song and dance now ? You backing away from Anivitarte ?

And Collett ?

And Cochran ??

Show me where I endorsed any candidate. I'm just not sucking up to the Austin-Whitey-Surepip handpicked brigade.

Somehow your posting style feels familiar.

And it's never good to assume anything.

Does Ithy have a twin brother AND an alter-ego ?

What is pitiful is several of these "posters", are indeed precinct captains. The list is on the Paulding GOP website and in past posts, under their avatars, they bragged on how they were the precinct captain of this or that precinct.

And this kind of activity, and dis-information [as per Ithy's posts last week and weekend] show why the Paulding GOP has sunk to the level it has. The Old Guard is still pulling the puppet strings and throwing their support to THEIR slate of candidates, and that is just plain wrong.

I can only hope more voters than not, can see through their smoke screens and make certain we don't digress and put anyone back on the BOC tied in or to King Jerry's group by any means at all.

I am looking forward to seeing the campaign disclosures, but that will only be a week or so before the election unless they file them on July 1st.

Just how many do you think will file them on the earliest date ?