Paulding.com

I went to the meet and greet at the Stars and Stripes this past week and listened to all of the candidates, that were present.

I had the opportunity to talk with some of the candidates, and got some answers to some of the questions that I had and I did meet Jason Anavitarte post 4 candidate but we did not discuss any his previous experience that would add to his resume,That would enhance his ability to become the post 4 commissioner.

Since MR. Anavitarte is a relative new comer to Paulding County, I was just wondering if someone may have some additional information on him other than what is contained in his Web site?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCUSE ME?   And just whom did I slander ?   Careful Animal....that goes both ways.   And by the way, I would LOVE to move on....unfortunately 3 of the post commissioners refuse to let it move o

Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed.

I support David Barnett because He knows what the problems are within the County And knows what needs to be done to fix them, David has given back to the community in many different ways, Through his

Posted Images

I went to the meet and greet at the Stars and Stripes this past week and listened to all of the candidates, that were present.

I had the opportunity to talk with some of the candidates, and got some answers to some of the questions that I had and I did meet Jason Anavitarte post 4 candidate but we did not discuss any his previous experience that would add to his resume,That would enhance his ability to become the post 4 commissioner.

Since MR. Anavitarte is a relative new comer to Paulding County, I was just wondering if someone may have some additional information on him other than what is contained in his Web site?

I'd really like to know as well. :)

I s Jason is a member of this organization?

GALEO is a 501 © (6) statewide nonprofit and non-partisan organization providing a voice for the growing Latino population in Georgia, and providing a framework for collaborative and proactive legislative initiatives for Georgia's Hispanic community.

Some items from the Web site

http://www.galeo.org/agenda.php?agenda_id=0000000766

http://www.galeo.org/friends.php

BeachBum said that she was having him over, Must not of went well have heard no comments from her?

How typical.....you ASSume it didn't go well because I haven't posted anything. Please do your research Whitey and you will find that I haven't posted much of ANYTHING here in a couple of weeks.

This is my opinion but I am realizing personally that life is just too short for some of the nonsense that goes on around here and I am choosing to spend less and less time here - makes life a lot more enjoyable!

I love this quote and just thought I would share with everyone:

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference". ~Author unknown, attributed to Mark Twain

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Like 1

I know Jason and think very highly of him. He is a man of his word, a family man, and sincerely wants to contribute the success of Paulding County.

He has experience as a councilman and Vice Mayor of The City of Doraville. He was chiefly responsible for getting the Police Chief his job back when the Mayor fired him while he was away serving in Iraq. Also, because of his current work with State Legislators, he has many very good relationships at the Capital that will assist him in his endeavors with the Paulding County Board of Commissioners.

Jason also has a Masters Degree in Regional Economic Development from Georgia Tech. I certainly think that this brings a much needed view and voice to Paulding County, as this is what we will need to build the type of tax base that will sustain us as we move forward.

I wish that I lived in Post 4 to vote for him.

• Like 2

I know Jason and think very highly of him. He is a man of his word, a family man, and sincerely wants to contribute the success of Paulding County.

He has experience as a councilman and Vice Mayor of The City of Doraville. He was chiefly responsible for getting the Police Chief his job back when the Mayor fired him while he was away serving in Iraq. Also, because of his current work with State Legislators, he has many very good relationships at the Capital that will assist him in his endeavors with the Paulding County Board of Commissioners.

Jason also has a Masters Degree in Regional Economic Development from Georgia Tech. I certainly think that this brings a much needed view and voice to Paulding County, as this is what we will need to build the type of tax base that will sustain us as we move forward.

Thanks very much, I live in Post 4. :)

Jason did stop by my house and we spoke for a while.

I do like the fact that his name is not one that you necessarily associate with Paulding county. I would say that he is the front-runner for my vote at this time.

I did mention to him that he should become active on pcom.

Do you have any idea why he had to resign as a councilman in Doraville? What political party was he affiliated with in Doraville?

I hope he doesn't forget about us folks on the West side of the County. Seems like we're always put on the back burner. I think there is one candidate running that is actually from the Yorkville area. ;)

Which candidate is from the Yorkville area, And BTW you have already been put on the back burner :D

Which candidate is from the Yorkville area, And BTW you have already been put on the back burner :D

I see that!! We live in Paulding County, pay Paulding Taxes, have a Dallas phone number, a Rockmart mailing address and Carroll County EMC. :wacko: We're sooooo used to being at the end of the line. :lol:

I thought Tony Crowe lived out that way?? :unsure: Like I said, I've got some homework to do!!!

Got any details about this quote?

Also, because of his current work with State Legislators, he has many very good relationships at the Capital that will assist him in his endeavors with the Paulding County Board of Commissioners.

I see that!! We live in Paulding County, pay Paulding Taxes, have a Dallas phone number, a Rockmart mailing address and Carroll County EMC. :wacko: We're sooooo used to being at the end of the line. :lol:

I thought Tony Crowe lived out that way?? :unsure: Like I said, I've got some homework to do!!!

It is a wonder you know were you live :rofl:

It is a wonder you know were you live :rofl:

Right???? At least I know there are other things that require power besides lights :p

She don't I see her wondering by my house all the time, And I live no where near yorkville :lol:

Hey, I have family nearby. :ninja:

I wonder if a gps could get her home :pardon: you better watch her WHITEY she maybe after your garden :pardon:

Mine's doing OK for now, if we have problems I know those maters over there are growing in good soil!! :pardon:

Okay Mr. Anavitarte, It is past time that you come clean with the citizens of Paulding County and talk about the things that you do not want us to know about your past?

Better to get it out now, Than have someone put it out one week before the election, At least you will have some time to rehabilitee yourself now????

• Like 1

Mr.Anavitarte

It appears to me that you were a driving force to get the Domestic Partnership law passed while serving on The Doraville City Council, I was just wondering if you get elected to post 4 do you plan on spear heading a drive to have it enacted in Paulding County

Okay Mr. Anavitarte, It is past time that you come clean with the citizens of Paulding County and talk about the things that you do not want us to know about your past?

Better to get it out now, Than have someone put it out one week before the election, At least you will have some time to rehabilitee yourself now????

First of all, Jason is not on this site. Nor will he be with crap like this. I don't know what you are up to Whitey, but you really are sounding like you have an axe to grind.

I am not a member of Jason's campaign staff. I am merely trying to help a friend and good man get elected to help MY county in it's future success. If he would ask me to knock on doors or hand out his literature, I would gladly do so. I will work diligently to get him elected.

Jason resigned from Doraville to raise a family and move to Paulding. If you know something different, say it.

Jason works with legislators on both sides of the isle as a Community Relations Manager for an organization that assists folks with dealing with Medicaid/Medicare. In a nutshell, they help all constituents, not just one party or the other. I really don't know much more about his job or company, other than legislators that I have acquaintances with speak highly of him.

As for Domestic Partnership, I have no idea where Jason stands on this, nor do I care. This issue does not effect my Life, Liberty, or Pursuit of Happiness and as such, does not appear on my political radar. I am not even sure that this is something that the County Commissioners have any authority over.

Jason's email is j.anavitarte@gmail.com. Send him a note and ask him your questions. Hell, post his reply on Pcom for all to see. Step up, Whitey. Let us know what your questions and his answers are. You certainly have my interest. Please, don't disappoint.

Edited by chainshaw1

WTH? If YOU know something, as insinuated by that post, why don't you tell us? Why are you and others so hell bent on "destroying" candidates other then the ones you like?

It really is disgusting how some come on here and throw accusations and make insinuations about local candidates. They live here and whether they come on p.com or not someone in their family or a friend is reading it. It is just so mean and I know I am personally sick of it.

Some seem to have made it their life work to not support their candidate of choice, but to dig and try to destroy the opposition.

I want to know the facts on issues, not speculation or presentation of partial truths twisted to make it look bad.

Yes, some times candidates put out things that have happened in their past and we can talk about it, but if they put it out well then fair game. I do see that, but even then it should be a civil discussion on what was presented.

P.com is really a phenomenal source to gather or put out information. I do not see it being utilized like it could be because of statements like the one above. Sad when you think about it. This avenue would be a good one for candidates to take for those of us that might not be able to make all the rally's.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I don't think I am alone.

Bella

• Like 1

WTH? If YOU know something, as insinuated by that post, why don't you tell us? Why are you and others so hell bent on "destroying" candidates other then the ones you like?

It really is disgusting how some come on here and throw accusations and make insinuations about local candidates. They live here and whether they come on p.com or not someone in their family or a friend is reading it. It is just so mean and I know I am personally sick of it.

Some seem to have made it their life work to not support their candidate of choice, but to dig and try to destroy the opposition.

I want to know the facts on issues, not speculation or presentation of partial truths twisted to make it look bad.

Yes, some times candidates put out things that have happened in their past and we can talk about it, but if they put it out well then fair game. I do see that, but even then it should be a civil discussion on what was presented.

P.com is really a phenomenal source to gather or put out information. I do not see it being utilized like it could be because of statements like the one above. Sad when you think about it. This avenue would be a good one for candidates to take for those of us that might not be able to make all the rally's.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I don't think I am alone.

Bella

:good:

Dear Bella,

You are most definitely not alone. :clapping: :wub:

:good:

EXCELLENT POST Bella!!!! My last post was mysteriously deleted with no explanation so here is my response:

It is very sad that Whitey, surepip, DOT, et al come on this site and trash the candidates that are opposing their own candidates of choice. Rarely do they have anything constructive to add about their candidates, they simply operate on the basis that they will trash the opposing candidates.

Very, very sad.........little do they know they are actually "hurting their cause" istead of "helping their cause".

Thanks guys! Sorry I vented a bit this morning, but I just had a chance to read this thread and could not believe it was going the way of some others.

I agree with BeachBum that the trashing does hurt their cause. Tell me why I should vote for the person you are supporting and not just because so and so did something. It really seems petty and I know it makes me feel bad for those candidates taking the brunt of the finger pointing. Everyone is always saying get involved, but for the life of me I can't imagine running with the likelihood of hurting my family to try and make this county a better place to live. All of these candidates deserve some respect for trying to make a difference.

Okay off my soapbox and out to water plants! I hope all of you have a great day! :)

Why the heck are posts disappearing in this thread?? I know at least two went "Poof"!!! What the heck, is someone selectively deleting posts?? Where's the post quoted by Bella from Beach Bum??

I'm so confused. :wacko:

Psychomom was correct :

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/245679-split-topic-is-accusation-raised-by-bs/

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: