Paulding.com

Summer Feeding Program In Paulding County

Yes, This is my first year in the program. I am simply trying to get the word out to those in need. I mean no harm to anyone. Times are hard for some and if they are in need, this program is for them. Each person who reads these posts should be there own judge as to if they are in need of the program. I knew nothing about the post last year. I had hoped that this "Good" web site could help let those in need be aware of the program. I see now that Paulding.com has too many people with too many opinions. I did not mean to stir a stink. By all means, I will find another source in the future if I need to let the people of Paulding county know of new news. This will be my last time on this forum or this web site. I do not wish to be a part of such.

I am sorry you feel that way. With a member base this large there are bound to be different opinions.

[

I do remember last year people that worked the program pretty much inviting anyone to come so they would not lose the program. That alone would turn people off. If someone needs it is one thing, and I personally have no problem with that scenario.Coming on here and telling everyone to come if you have a child under 18 is different. Just a thought why people might have a few hard feelings toward this program.

Oooops, I missed that somehow, :pardon: Thank You But, still....she was only trying to get the word out and be of help to the community!!! So it's OK to bash her (kinda/sorta) for trying to be helpful??? Y'all just keep on running off pcommers and there will be "more" boring days!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand her point! Sometimes when you think you are trying to be helpful, you will only get bashed. Some people get on my last nerve trying to be a smartarse, I just hope you are never in need of help from the community or government!!! It only takes just one downfall and wow, there you are. Just because you don't have anything in your life that's hampering your everday happenings or hampering you to provide the daily needs of your Family, doesn't mean it "can't or won't" happen to you. Oh, and don't be wearing your Gucci's or Fila's and driving your Hummer while you are trying to get any assistance!! Have A Good day! :hi:

Oooops, I missed that somehow, :pardon: Thank You But, still....she was only trying to get the word out and be of help to the community!!! So it's OK to bash her (kinda/sorta) for trying to be helpful??? Y'all just keep on running off pcommers and there will be "more" boring days!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand her point! Sometimes when you think you are trying to be helpful, you will only get bashed. Some people get on my last nerve trying to be a smartarse, I just hope you are never in need of help from the community or government!!! It only takes just one downfall and wow, there you are. Just because you don't have anything in your life that's hampering your everday happenings or hampering you to provide the daily needs of your Family, doesn't mean it "can't or won't" happen to you. Oh, and don't be wearing your Gucci's or Fila's and driving your Hummer while you are trying to get any assistance!! Have A Good day! :hi:

I am not in the "ya'll running people off". I pointed out why some might have bad feeling towards this program. I do get the point you made about being down and needing food. That is fine. Last year they were having day cares come (that mom and dad paid for food) and even advertising at the movies. That is where, I believe, "bad feelings" came from. If that is not what is happening this year, and it is only for those that really need it, explain that you (collective, not you personally) understand that, and are just looking out for the children in the down economy. The people that pay for the program, you and I, have a right to understand it and want it run correctly.

Awe it makes me sad to think anyone could feel like this program is bad. This is to help kids who may not have a meal to go home to or have a very limited amount of food. It's hard to understand how people and kids could go hungry with so many programs available that offer help, but for whatever reasons it does happen. Heck teachers at my sons school would send various food home with different kids because they had very little or nothing to eat. No child should have to go without a full belly.

The fact that the lunch is available to ANY child, with no requirement to prove financial need, is what bothers me and probably others. When school is in session, there are protocols in place that require parents to show that they fall below a certain income bracket so that their children can qualify for the free/reduced fee lunch program. Why should summer be any different?

Cartersville has a program that provides lunch to those under 18 every day. I really don't see the point of proving financial need as I don't see people that can afford to go to say McDonalds standing in line for a ham and cheese sandwich :pardon:

• Like 1