Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
bp952

I'm finally free

It is finally over. I got my signed Divorced Papers in the mail today. I had a wonderful marriage for years and then 3 yrs ago he started failing the marriage. Girlfriends and wives don't work!!!!! So, I'm very excited that I can move on now.

Congratulations on the start of your new life. Every closed door, will open another. I'm sorry about the grief this must have caused you, and I truly hope you are feeling free of it!

Divorce is hard, but not as hard as struggling every day with a bad marriage. Best wishes as you go through the recovery period.

Thanks everyone. Congratulations are in order because I start a whole new chapter in life. I am still going to try very hard to be a friend b/c we have a child but he cann't control things or me NOW! Again thanks.

Divorce a beautiful thang!! I celebrate mine every single year, you are welcomed to join me.

Now, you have new beginnings and happiness waiting for you!

Thanks everyone. Congratulations are in order because I start a whole new chapter in life. I am still going to try very hard to be a friend b/c we have a child but he cann't control things or me NOW! Again thanks.

I got my divorce last year and was very happy after an 11 year marriage! We had been separated for 5 of those last years. No children together but when I divorced with my childrens dad I found it was very easy on the kids for us to be nice to each other in the presence of the kids. They have it hard enough dealing with the parents divorce so yes at least being "friends" for the kids sake helps alot. Congrats on the divorce I know how happy I was!!

This thread gives me hope that there is light at the end of the divorce tunnel. Can't wait to be "finally free"! :yahoo:

I have to be honest it has not been the easiest thing I have ever done. But I stood my ground did not move an inch and didn't take anything from him. All I ask for was for reasonable things and my life. Finally after 6 monthes from signing papers the court agreed. One of the best things is no more excuses on child support or alimogy. It comes straight from his pay check to ME!

But I do wish everyone who has to go thru a divorce the best. Like I said it is not the easiest thing to do.

I was awarded both also, but doesn't do a lot of good when he chooses not to pay any way.

I've never really understood alimony.

Child support, I get that....but paying to support an adult? I don't get that.

HAHAHA!!! I never got it either.

I never asked. I alway supported myself & the free-loader, so it was like getting a raise to get rid of him. :yahoo:

Good luck. It will be hard, but worth it.

I understand the alimony. When my husband and I got married I had to give up my job and have been home since (13 years). I dont regret that decision however if we were to get divorced it would probably not be easy for me to get back into the work force immediatly. A lot of companies would frown upon a 13 yr absence from the work force. Now once I was able to find a job then I wouldnt expect the alimony but until then....heck yeah :D

best of luck to you and I wish you many years of happiness!

I understand the alimony. When my husband and I got married I had to give up my job and have been home since (13 years). I dont regret that decision however if we were to get divorced it would probably not be easy for me to get back into the work force immediatly. A lot of companies would frown upon a 13 yr absence from the work force. Now once I was able to find a job then I wouldnt expect the alimony but until then....heck yeah :D

best of luck to you and I wish you many years of happiness!

I have been out of the work force for 16 years. I have been looking for a job for months. No one is willing to give me a chance to prove that my brain is still functioning. I am not asking for alimony but can see where it might be necessary for some in my same situation. :)

Edited by Dayzee

For me, the alimony was awarded because I stayed home for 10 yrs with the kids, and we had a business that I ran out of the home. I worked very hard, and many long hours for the business, and helped it grow into a nice size business. The judge granted him the business, and because of the circumstances of the divorce, I was awarded everything else.

I have been working for 4 yrs now, but it took a long time to find a good job because I had been out of the work force for so long. The judge had enough since to know, that even if I went out and found a job immediately, I would not be able to support my children on child support alone, and he determined the amount of both of those things by providing him proof of the amount of money OUR business brought in.

I have never been lazy or a freeloader. I worked just as hard as he did, while raising our children, and deserve every thing I was awarded.

Deserving and receiving are two different things, however.

For me, the alimony was awarded because I stayed home for 10 yrs with the kids, and we had a business that I ran out of the home. I worked very hard, and many long hours for the business, and helped it grow into a nice size business. The judge granted him the business, and because of the circumstances of the divorce, I was awarded everything else.

I have been working for 4 yrs now, but it took a long time to find a good job because I had been out of the work force for so long. The judge had enough since to know, that even if I went out and found a job immediately, I would not be able to support my children on child support alone, and he determined the amount of both of those things by providing him proof of the amount of money OUR business brought in.

I have never been lazy or a freeloader. I worked just as hard as he did, while raising our children, and deserve every thing I was awarded.

Deserving and receiving are two different things, however.

There are a lot of mean women out there.

There are a lot of mean women out there.

But I am not one of them, and if you knew all of the circumstances, I am sure you would agree with it. The judge certainly had all the information and made his decision based on all of that. ;)