Paulding.com

Signs, Signs, Everywhere there are Signs

Beverly Cochran and Drew Lane should both be ashamed!

Take a drive through the Courthouse Taj Mahal Adminstrative Complex and TRY to count the signs. I bet you lose count before going from the entrance to the exit of Cochran and Lane signs.

I believe Whitey commented on this yesterday, and pointed out that David Barnett, Todd Pownall and some others had removed all but 2 signs, one at the entrance and one at the exit.

I have to assume this is beneath Beverly, Drew, et al.

Those with more than 2 signs up really should be ashamed and need to go and remove them. It is absurd, to say the least.glare.gif

• Like 1

I see the same thing at a lot of intersections too.

Dabbs Bridge and HGCR is loaded with multiple signs for candidates for the 19th and we're not even in the 19th!!

Signs in someones yard impress me more than signs on the road. Anyone can put on one road, to have in someone's yard at least means that person has found them worth supporting.

If anyone is out and about with a camera, please take some shots of the 50+ signs that both Beverly and Drew have up at the Taj Mahal, and post them on here for all to see.

Anyone who takes things to that extreme is not who we want representing us in government.

Use some common sense people.

Right!drinks.gif

• Like 1

If anyone is out and about with a camera, please take some shots of the 50+ signs that both Beverly and Drew have up at the Taj Mahal, and post them on here for all to see.

Anyone who takes things to that extreme is not who we want representing us in government.

Right!drinks.gif

I plan to be out and about this evening,And will try and post the disgrace at the Taj Mahal, I will note that Beverly and Drew seem to have the most signs, However some other local candidates also have way to many signs, And some of the State Wide Candidates have become too zealous with their signs

Have you seen the mess?

Whitey I go by there at least twice a day, yesterday it was a mess. I thought the same as you, why do you need fityeleben signs to say the same thing?? I went by today and while there are still several there (I didn't drive in to see who's was who's) it was soooooooo much better. There are no longer any in the median, they are just in the drive going up to the courthouse and not near as many as yesterday. Thank you for doing this, they appear to have listened. ;)

If they are placed within legal limits, why does it bother you soo much? :rolleyes: Do you nitpick this much with everything or just the people you want to slander?

Now just how am I slandering anyone ?

It bothers me because it seems to be absurd, childish, and looks about as tacky as is remotely possible. Some of the candidates realized how bad it looked and chose to remove all but 2 signs each, 1 at the entrance and 1 at the exit.

Some of the other candidates, including Beverly Cochran and Drew Lane have OVER 50 signs each in front of the building.

I guess you can defend their rights to do so all you want. I think it is in poor taste. Especially when you consider many of the signs were purposely placed in front of existing signs from other candidates just to block the view and obscure their sign.

Pitiful, truly pitiful.glare.gif

Right!drinks.gif

Did you see them placing them there? Could it be that one of their supporters took all their (ones the supporter was to put out) signs and put them up in one spot and they are unaware? :pardon:

Well, what you think is absurb, tacky and childish is different from what others might think is absurb, tacky and childish.

It bothers me because it seems to be absurd, childish, and looks about as tacky as is remotely possible. Some of the candidates realized how bad it looked and chose to remove all but 2 signs each, 1 at the entrance and 1 at the exit.

Some of the other candidates, including Beverly Cochran and Drew Lane have OVER 50 signs each in front of the building.

I guess you can defend their rights to do so all you want. I think it is in poor taste. Especially when you consider many of the signs were purposely placed in front of existing signs from other candidates just to block the view and obscure their sign.

If they are placed within legal limits, why does it bother you soo much?

The legality of it is irrelevant. Can't speak for Surepip, but to me it looks trashy, like the litter that it is.

Why would any sensible person place multiple signs for the same candidate at the same exact location?

Do they think the voting public is too slow-minded to read a single sign as they drive past?

Well, what you think is absurb, tacky and childish is different from what others might think is absurb, tacky and childish.

Oh so true. Different strokes for different folks. drinks.gif

I applaud those candidates who chose to be reasonable and have a limit to 2 signs. They are to be commended. I am going to try to get by there again to see just who has pulled their signs, and to see who has littered the Taj Mahal with theirs.

Did you see them placing them there? Could it be that one of their supporters took all their (ones the supporter was to put out) signs and put them up in one spot and they are unaware? :pardon:

From what I have been told Beverly and Drew was seen putting out their signs.You can always ask them who put them out, Or better yet ask them if they have removed them

Went by tonight after Soccer tryouts.

From what I saw, looks like most of the candidates have cleaned up their supporters over enthusiasm. Only saw a few of each candidate at each entrance.

post-1238-127613023696_thumb.jpg

LOL, they did all try to get in the last sign! :lol:

post-1238-127613024638_thumb.jpg

However, Drew Lane is either very desperate for attention or rather ego centric, I can't tell which, he had sign after sign after sign...

post-1238-127613029985_thumb.jpg

He does work at the courthouse right? He would see these every day right?

Went by tonight after Soccer tryouts.

From what I saw, looks like most of the candidates have cleaned up their supporters over enthusiasm. Only saw a few of each candidate at each entrance.

post-1238-127613023696_thumb.jpg

LOL, they did all try to get in the last sign! :lol:

post-1238-127613024638_thumb.jpg

However, Drew Lane is either very desperate for attention or rather ego centric, I can't tell which, he had sign after sign after sign...

post-1238-127613029985_thumb.jpg

He does work at the courthouse right? He would see these every day right?

I dropped by and was amazed in the difference that one day can make, it appears that all of the commission candidates have reduced their signage down to two signs with no signs for the post 2 and 3 Candidates and only two signs for post 4

Drew Lane wins the top award for tonight with 16 signs followed closely by Sam Olens with 12 signs Deal is running in third place with nine, and bringing up the rear is Heath with eight signs.

Those candidates who reduced the signage down to, two signs are to be commended for their actions, and certainly have earned the respect of the citizens of Paulding County.

The others as far as I am concerned should be ashamed of themselves, here are some pictures

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

You could be right because it doesn't sound like Drew Lane shows up around the courthouse very often.

Apparently some violators are stealing signs again too.

I know of 2 candidates already that removed some signs but had several additional signs there missing from what was originally put out.

I sure hope that the cameras are reviewed and violators prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

For the record, the rules apparently changed this year - and the sign bond does not allow signs on County property I believe.

All candidates should have been contacted to remove their signs by tomorrow afternoon.

Drew Lane has got to go anyway - regardless of the signs. I've seen his incompetence first hand in the courtroom.

My vote is going to Dick Donovan. I've seen his expertise in the courtroom first hand. He should have won this position 4 years ago.

Drew Lane has got to go anyway - regardless of the signs. I've seen his incompetence first hand in the courtroom.

My vote is going to Dick Donovan. I've seen his expertise in the courtroom first hand. He should have won this position 4 years ago.

That what I was thinking.

I voted for Donovan last time.

Drew Lane is a joke on the payroll.

Apparently some violators are stealing signs again too.

I know of 2 candidates already that removed some signs but had several additional signs there missing from what was originally put out.

I sure hope that the cameras are reviewed and violators prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

For the record, the rules apparently changed this year - and the sign bond does not allow signs on County property I believe.

All candidates should have been contacted to remove their signs by tomorrow afternoon.

I saw some man Removing the balance of Beverly's signs before I took the pictures, Where were the signs stole from?

I find it mildly entertaining that candidates would waste so many signs on the courthouse, anyway. How often does the average citizen go there? I've been there three times since it opened - once last year and twice this year - and don't anticipate having to go back until 2014, when I'll renew my notary commission and my handicapped parking permit. B)

I find it mildly entertaining that candidates would waste so many signs on the courthouse, anyway. How often does the average citizen go there? I've been there three times since it opened - once last year and twice this year - and don't anticipate having to go back until 2014, when I'll renew my notary commission and my handicapped parking permit. B)

Early voting has started and I believe that is the county location for it. There were several of the signs that said "No campaigning within 150 ft of the voting location".

Wow! Two personal attacks in one post. 8)

Which also shows their ignorance of what makes a good commissioner.

Graham has impressed me from day one with how he comes to the meetings prepared with his questions and the data to support them. A nice breathe of fresh air instead of the "Group" rubber-stamping every item as presented by the chairman.

I also like the fact Tommie Graham understands industrial development and has been one of the very, very few to be successful with providing sites and buidlings for manufacturing/warehousing/industrial companies who provide jobs.

Somebody that works at the court house told me today that all the signs are gone..............

Good! Glad to hear it. That was really tacky and trashy looking. We are stuck with the Taj Mahal, I would prefer it at least look nice........even if the roof leaks like a sieve.ninja.gif

The marshals were up and about and ordered several canidates to remove signs from county land.

Good! Glad to hear it. That was really tacky and trashy looking. We are stuck with the Taj Mahal, I would prefer it at least look nice........even if the roof leaks like a sieve.ninja.gif

I'm betting the money for the underlayment for the metal roof was VE'd for 15 pound felt and used to line someone's pocket. This is one of those buildings that started off with the ultimate specifications and wound up getting bare bone finishes. The problem is the final cost didn't reflect any of these cheaper systems.

Surepip, Surepip, Surepip. :rolleyes: I just had to come on and tease you about this topic. Back when you were the Campaign Manager for Judge Valbuena you guys littered the county with the signs. ;) :p And I'm sure you guys put them as close as you could to the old courthouse, so lay off poor Beverly and Drew. They are just trying to get their names out there. :rofl: :D (Don't you just love these emoticons in this website?)

• Like 1

Surepip, Surepip, Surepip. :rolleyes: I just had to come on and tease you about this topic. Back when you were the Campaign Manager for Judge Valbuena you guys littered the county with the signs. ;) :p And I'm sure you guys put them as close as you could to the old courthouse, so lay off poor Beverly and Drew. They are just trying to get their names out there. :rofl: :D (Don't you just love these emoticons in this website?)

Ah....I just posted in another thread. I was not Martin's campaign manager. I was the treasurer.

And for what it is worth, other than the one in my front yard, I never touched a sign.