Paulding.com

Avery for Georgia Website Launched!

I never said you or anyone else are "extremist posse fascist teabaggers." I'm not sure what that means exactly but I at least detest the fascist part of it.

I do not "think" I am a republican. I don't even think that many of the people who call themselves that today are republican. When I think of great republicans, I think of Lincoln (radical progressive,) Teddy Roosevelt (mixed progressive and conservationist which today is bad bad bad librul,) and Eisenhower (mostly conservative.) And being cognizant of what is going on (nationally at least) in the republican party these days, it is painfully obvious that these great men would be ashamed of the obstructionism that the republican party is harming the country with today.

Someone said though that "all politics is local." So I am an independent (lower case i) who registers republican, votes in the republican primary, campaigns for mostly republicans and some democrats, and votes for who I think will do the best job. (without regard for their party) So if I have to be one of those less than discerning doofuses who pulls the lever for and worships the big "R" only, then you might imagine that I was trying to masquerade as a republican. Sorry to have misled you.

Eisenhower said our country is in great danger from the military industrial complex. He was right. We have entirely too much control of government from corporate puppeteers. It was happening in his time and is worse now. It is more pervasive in the national republican party but is strong in both national parties. If that doesn't cause you concern then you are clueless.

On the deficit issue: I mentioned the Gross Debt. It takes into account inflation, growth of economic output, etc in that it is Total Debt as Percentage of GDP.It is possible to grow the deficit but decrease Gross Debt. Say you owe $10 and your yearly income $15. Gross debt is 67%. Then next year your income is $17 and your accumulated debt/deficit increases to $10.70. The deficit increased but the Gross Debt decreases to 63%.

The Gross Debt is a much more meaningful measure of debt/deficit for an ongoing concern but not for individuals with short working life, then period of little then possibly no income. When fiscally competent presidents (republican and democrat) ran this country and submitted budgets to the House, every single one of those presidents since World War 2 MANAGED to have the Gross Debt be smaller when they finished their terms than when they their terms started...except for Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2 who are undeniably the current deficit champs.

Now Obama, similarly to FDR, inherited one hell of a mess including an on-going accelerating financial meltdown, two wars that Bush was keeping off-budget, and a crumbling housing market (just to name few of the leftovers.) So this is the first time since FDR was in office that it is entirely appropriate to use deficit financing and increase not only the accumulated deficit but even the Gross Debt. Then when things recover, you begain the adult process of paying down the Gross Debt. It is that last critical part that our last 3 republican presidents neglected. Make no mistake, their profligacy is hurting us today.

Most of the people who suddenly got deficit religion (they took no note of the massive deficits under our last 3 R presidents) are now worried about deficits. Some of them actually understand what is going on but know their constituents don't. So they dupe their supporters for political gains to work for the party more than for the country. So if republican is supposed to mean decency and fiscal competence, then we have not had many real republicans on the national scene for a while. They are the ones masquerading as republicans.

Actually, there are several really good ones that can't speak up till the lunatics stop running the party. Eisenhower had to restrain himself while McCarthyism was corrupting the politics of that day. Sometimes things don't change that much after all.

So I want good smart fiscally savvy people to run things for us. If you vote lockstep straight republican ticket, you are in effect trying to prevent competence. The same is true if you vote straight ticket for either party. Learn and do better.

A history major....hmmmm...are you Will's campaign manager?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Synopsis of the website:   "I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me" .... typical class warfare u

I would not mind the partisan politics as much if we had 4 or 5 or 6 parties to choose from who can represent a broad spectrum.   But what we have is 2 parties which have in the minds of many polari

I never said you or anyone else are "extremist posse fascist teabaggers." I'm not sure what that means exactly but I at least detest the fascist part of it.   I do not "think" I am a republican. I

I hear you are Eric Johnson's Paulding County Campaign manager? If so I have a couple of questions to ask you.

1 Did Eric Donate money to the Democrats?

2 Did Eric vote for a tax Increase?

A mailer from Karen Handel has made these charges, Is this just mud slinging or true?

Regan Republican I almost forgot to ask you these two Questions

1 Was Eric a part of the Ethics board that investigated the Charges brought against The speaker of the House Richardson, And found no grounds to investigate further? Or persue the issue?

2 Did Eric make millions from state contracts while in the State Senate, And failed to report nearly $300,000 as required by State law?

These are fair questions that a campaign manager should be able to answer :D

• Like 2

I have read all of the posts made here about the donation made to my campaign from People for the American Way. Many people have taken this small donation to mean that I am some sort of radical leftist liberal-- something which I absolutely am not. PFAW and my views are quite divergent in many ways, for example, I do not like their stance on "fighting the right" and I do not support their endorsement of Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court. However, we do share some similarities, such as our commitment to ensuring that all Americans are guaranteed the right to free speech.

I have never been a sort of leftist Obama-esque Democrat. I consider myself more in the ilk of Zell Miller, to be honest. Coming into this campaign, though, I knew that just because I had a "D" next to my name, some people would prejudge my political beliefs, and write me off as a candidate. I hope to convince some people to open their minds to my campaign, however I do know that not everyone will agree with me, and that is okay, and just part of politics.

I have never been your typical Democrat. Both of my parents are Tea Party Republicans from South Georgia, as are most of my high school friends. I've met all sorts of Democrats along the way, from far to the left to right in the middle, and I have had my policy squabbles with all of them. I'm not trying to pass myself off for something I am not. The reason that I ran as a Democrat for District 19 is because I am a Democrat, but my supporters span the political spectrum.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions here on Pcom, because I greatly enjoy talking with all of you--even those who will never cast a vote for me. I know that, just because of what party I affiliate with, I will catch some flak. But I am a man of my word, and I would not lie to all of you about who I am. The Will Avery you see is the Will Avery that truly is-- nothing more, and nothing less.

Very well spoken, very well said. Good luck with your campaign. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I have read all of the posts made here about the donation made to my campaign from People for the American Way. Many people have taken this small donation to mean that I am some sort of radical leftist liberal-- something which I absolutely am not. PFAW and my views are quite divergent in many ways, for example, I do not like their stance on "fighting the right" and I do not support their endorsement of Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court. However, we do share some similarities, such as our commitment to ensuring that all Americans are guaranteed the right to free speech.

I have never been a sort of leftist Obama-esque Democrat. I consider myself more in the ilk of Zell Miller, to be honest. Coming into this campaign, though, I knew that just because I had a "D" next to my name, some people would prejudge my political beliefs, and write me off as a candidate. I hope to convince some people to open their minds to my campaign, however I do know that not everyone will agree with me, and that is okay, and just part of politics.

I have never been your typical Democrat. Both of my parents are Tea Party Republicans from South Georgia, as are most of my high school friends. I've met all sorts of Democrats along the way, from far to the left to right in the middle, and I have had my policy squabbles with all of them. I'm not trying to pass myself off for something I am not. The reason that I ran as a Democrat for District 19 is because I am a Democrat, but my supporters span the political spectrum.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions here on Pcom, because I greatly enjoy talking with all of you--even those who will never cast a vote for me. I know that, just because of what party I affiliate with, I will catch some flak. But I am a man of my word, and I would not lie to all of you about who I am. The Will Avery you see is the Will Avery that truly is-- nothing more, and nothing less.

You do realize that not all Tea Party participants are republican, correct?

DAYAM Animal, you have mellowed thses past couple of years.

drinks.gifI must tip my hat to you for a rational and realistic statement. drinks.gif

The [D] and the [R] bull cheeze has become too absurd.

And I can see many candidates changing sides, or going independent in the next decade as a result of My way or the WRONG way attitude so prevalent with the Repulicans, especially the local ones. It is almost an "How dare you defy what WE want to take place. You can' run as a Republican unless you sign our Oath of Allegiance, and when we say jump, you ask how high as you come off the ground".

I don't think (I could be wrong) that the Paulding County republican party requires an "oath of allegiance".

[/size]

[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

You do realize that not all Tea Party participants are republican, correct?

I don't think (I could be wrong) that the Paulding County republican party requires an "oath of allegiance".

They have an oath but all it says is that the folks who join are of like minds. Very general and nonspecific. The whole idea of signing something like that came up when the Democrats controlled the House and Senate in Georgia. They voted it in. I think the Legislature will address that in the next session.

They have an oath but all it says is that the folks who join are of like minds. Very general and nonspecific. The whole idea of signing something like that came up when the Democrats controlled the House and Senate in Georgia. They voted it in. I think the Legislature will address that in the next session.

Thank you for the clarification. I guess Will isn't "like-minded" with republicans.