Paulding.com

Avery for Georgia Website Launched!

You have a lot of moxie to compare the deficit of Bush to that of Obama and crew. Have you looked at the national debt? Obama is about to sink America. I heard one person compare the debt to a cancer that is about to devour us. The progressive movement and the nanny state mentality is what has done this and it was expanded under Roosevelt. If the banks and mortgage companies had not been forced to give mortgages to folks who could not afford them, add Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into the mix, we would not be on the brink of collapse.

You repeat several myths. If you'd really like to know what caused the problems you allude to, read what actual experts (the FBI after looking into it exhaustively) found after their investigation.

To summarize:

1. Most of the loans that were and are defaulting were made from non-CRA (Community Re-investment Act) participating institutions. Those lenders had total free choice on who they lent to and how much they lent.

2. Fully 80% of the bad loans involved fraud from the appraisser, lender, or mortgage broker.

Of course that is just the FBI's finding after their actual investigation.

Substance please.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Synopsis of the website:   "I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me" .... typical class warfare u

I would not mind the partisan politics as much if we had 4 or 5 or 6 parties to choose from who can represent a broad spectrum.   But what we have is 2 parties which have in the minds of many polari

I never said you or anyone else are "extremist posse fascist teabaggers." I'm not sure what that means exactly but I at least detest the fascist part of it.   I do not "think" I am a republican. I

You repeat several myths. If you'd really like to know what caused the problems you allude to, read what actual experts (the FBI after looking into it exhaustively) found after their investigation.

To summarize:

1. Most of the loans that were and are defaulting were made from non-CRA (Community Re-investment Act) participating institutions. Those lenders had total free choice on who they lent to and how much they lent.

2. Fully 80% of the bad loans involved fraud from the appraisser, lender, or mortgage broker.

Substance please.

The conditions that allowed the loans to be made were brought about because of progressives/liberals like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. It is well documented that Bush tried to stop the abuse. Will still won't get my vote. He should have registered to run on another ticket if he did not want to be judged as a progressive/liberal. By his own admission he is a Democrat and makes no apology for that. He will have to run as one.

The conditions that allowed the loans to be made were brought about because of progressives/liberals like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. It is well documented that Bush tried to stop the abuse. Will still won't get my vote. He should have registered to run on another ticket if he did not want to be judged as a progressive/liberal. By his own admission he is a Democrat and makes no apology for that. He will have to run as one.

A Barack Obama Democrat who has accepted campaign

donations from a radical left wing advocacy group...

;)

• Like 1

No! But I am aware of the cost that is coming and it is Obama's baby and the deficit we have now is too. I say no thanks to that kind of agenda in Georgia and that means no thanks to that cute kid Will.

You ignore the facts and history of the cause of the huge deficit we have now and where they actually came from.

And the subtle reality that this point in time is the first time in a long time that large deficits are warranted. As the saying goes, there is a time and place for everything. And the failed fake conservatism from either party is winning the day with way too many otherwise smart people.

Edited by Well Read

You ignore the facts and history of the cause of the huge deficit we have now and where they actually came from.

And the subtle reality that this point in time is the first time in a long time that large deficits are warranted. As the saying goes, there is a time and place for everything. And the failed fake conservatism from either party is winning the day with way too many otherwise smart people.

laugh.gif laugh.gif All I can say to that is "I very very much disagree with you"!!!!

Again, you are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. The FBI report made it very clear that no matter how popular those myths are, they are still myths.

Why the irrational obssession that someone is fiscally irresponsible because they are Democrat? A Democrat was the last president to balance the budget or have a surplus. And, it was done with a very fair tax structure.

That doesn't mean that a candidate is the right one just because they are a Democrat. Damn, that would be just as stupid as voting for someone just because they are republican. Or voting against a good candidate because he is a democrat.

How can you paint Will with the brush dipped in myth on an issue that he has absolutely no connection to?

Again, you are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. The FBI report made it very clear that no matter how popular those myths are, they are still myths.

Why the irrational obssession that someone is fiscally irresponsible because they are Democrat? A Democrat was the last president to balance the budget or have a surplus. And, it was done with a very fair tax structure.

That doesn't mean that a candidate is the right one just because they are a Democrat. Damn, that would be just as stupid as voting for someone just because they are republican. Or voting against a good candidate because he is a democrat.

How can you paint Will with the brush dipped in myth on an issue that he has absolutely no connection to?

I will use my own knowledge of the facts and not base my opinion on spin. Thanks for your permission to do that even though I didn't need it..rolleyes.gif

I have read all of the posts made here about the donation made to my campaign from People for the American Way. Many people have taken this small donation to mean that I am some sort of radical leftist liberal-- something which I absolutely am not. PFAW and my views are quite divergent in many ways, for example, I do not like their stance on "fighting the right" and I do not support their endorsement of Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court. However, we do share some similarities, such as our commitment to ensuring that all Americans are guaranteed the right to free speech.

I have never been a sort of leftist Obama-esque Democrat. I consider myself more in the ilk of Zell Miller, to be honest. Coming into this campaign, though, I knew that just because I had a "D" next to my name, some people would prejudge my political beliefs, and write me off as a candidate. I hope to convince some people to open their minds to my campaign, however I do know that not everyone will agree with me, and that is okay, and just part of politics.

I have never been your typical Democrat. Both of my parents are Tea Party Republicans from South Georgia, as are most of my high school friends. I've met all sorts of Democrats along the way, from far to the left to right in the middle, and I have had my policy squabbles with all of them. I'm not trying to pass myself off for something I am not. The reason that I ran as a Democrat for District 19 is because I am a Democrat, but my supporters span the political spectrum.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions here on Pcom, because I greatly enjoy talking with all of you--even those who will never cast a vote for me. I know that, just because of what party I affiliate with, I will catch some flak. But I am a man of my word, and I would not lie to all of you about who I am. The Will Avery you see is the Will Avery that truly is-- nothing more, and nothing less.

• Like 1

I have read all of the posts made here about the donation made to my campaign from People for the American Way. Many people have taken this small donation to mean that I am some sort of radical leftist liberal-- something which I absolutely am not. PFAW and my views are quite divergent in many ways, for example, I do not like their stance on "fighting the right" and I do not support their endorsement of Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court. However, we do share some similarities, such as our commitment to ensuring that all Americans are guaranteed the right to free speech.

I have never been a sort of leftist Obama-esque Democrat. I consider myself more in the ilk of Zell Miller, to be honest. Coming into this campaign, though, I knew that just because I had a "D" next to my name, some people would prejudge my political beliefs, and write me off as a candidate. I hope to convince some people to open their minds to my campaign, however I do know that not everyone will agree with me, and that is okay, and just part of politics.

I have never been your typical Democrat. Both of my parents are Tea Party Republicans from South Georgia, as are most of my high school friends. I've met all sorts of Democrats along the way, from far to the left to right in the middle, and I have had my policy squabbles with all of them. I'm not trying to pass myself off for something I am not. The reason that I ran as a Democrat for District 19 is because I am a Democrat, but my supporters span the political spectrum.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions here on Pcom, because I greatly enjoy talking with all of you--even those who will never cast a vote for me. I know that, just because of what party I affiliate with, I will catch some flak. But I am a man of my word, and I would not lie to all of you about who I am. The Will Avery you see is the Will Avery that truly is-- nothing more, and nothing less.

The ole "Zell Miller" card. That is the first trick in the liberal's play book when running in a conservative district. You're no Zell Miller.

• Like 1

Will, I think you may end up being a conservative by the time you are 40. Right now I can assure you that you are no Zell Miller. I do enjoy hearing what you have to say and look forward to your growth politically.

Everyone deserves a chance,now Wll has my respect. He is fighting hard in our red zone. And he hasn't changed his party to fit his agenda. Watch my word he is a future leader,now is a very tough time.

• Like 1

To summarize:

Substance please.

You seem so full of knowledge, care to share where you obtained your information in the above post?? Why isn't the MSM reporting these fraud findings by the FBI??

You seem so full of knowledge, care to share where you obtained your information in the above post?? Why isn't the MSM reporting these fraud findings by the FBI??

Here is one source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/mar/08/fbi-state-hotbed-for-mortgage-fraud-cases/

There are many more. The point is that most media outlets are just lazy. Most news consumers scan headlines and never see thoughtful analysis. The myth that Barney Frank et al caused the meltdown is just myth accepted and repeated. The real causes started with the Reagan years (wasn't it more than 1800 bank failures during Reagan and H.W Bush years during that mini-meltdown?) with the long term sustained dismantling of the financial safeguards the US put in place after the depression. More and more risky/sketchy financial instruments were made legal during the Clinton and G.W. Bush years including getting rid of Glass-Stegall.

And that is really how we got to this disaster that really started hitting in 2006, was recognized officially in 2007, and really peaked in 2008 before we even voted in that year's election. At the time Obama took office, the deficit for the coming year was already going to be about $1.4-1.5 trillion just using the last G.W. Bush budget which expired last November? October? That is when the first budget made by this administration began. Accounting is more realistic now since it moves the war costs on-budget where they had been off-budget. Even with that funny number stuff the Bush admin did, they are still the all time deficit champs.

It is likely that Obama will be the first democrat to increase the Gross Debt since WW2.

As of right now, though, Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush2 are the administrations that caused 100% of the increase in the Gross Debt since WW2. Yes, 100%.

That will change after Obama leaves office. He did however inherit by far and away the worst screwed up mess any president has since the Great Depression. That pre-existing mess necessitates more spending (just to prevent social meltdown) just to clean up what was in place (the coming financial meltdown) before he even ran for senator.

Edited by Well Read

Another thing that puzzles me re: political pigeonholing these days is exactly what is conservative? What is liberal? Do the two sometimes overlap?

For instance, after WW2, Churchill initially opposed the National Health Service. Later on, he noticed the inescapable truth: that the people of Great Britain loved it, it worked (and still does) very well and that it saved tons of money. He came to favor it so much that he actually tried to get in on claiming that he was for it all along. Now Churchill, as the number one rated conservative of all time by american conservatives, considered saving money and being fiscally efficient conservative. Imagine that.

And when "conservative" presidents broke (with no matter what flavor of Congress, Republican or Democrat) our collective banks, why are they still held up as conservative icons?

Teddy Roosevelt was very progressive in many ways and is held as one of the best Repubican presidents ever. He is also claimed by conservatives. Old Trust-Buster Teddy would be breaking some excessively powerful corporation backs about now.

These things are actually puzzling to me as I hear this person or that candidate being labeled either way.

Another thing that puzzles me re: political pigeonholing these days is exactly what is conservative? What is liberal? Do the two sometimes overlap?

For instance, after WW2, Churchill initially opposed the National Health Service. Later on, he noticed the inescapable truth: that the people of Great Britain loved it, it worked (and still does) very well and that it saved tons of money. He came to favor it so much that he actually tried to get in on claiming that he was for it all along. Now Churchill, as the number one rated conservative of all time by american conservatives, considered saving money and being fiscally efficient conservative. Imagine that.

And when "conservative" presidents broke (with no matter what flavor of Congress, Republican or Democrat) our collective banks, why are they still held up as conservative icons?

Teddy Roosevelt was very progressive in many ways and is held as one of the best Repubican presidents ever. He is also claimed by conservatives. Old Trust-Buster Teddy would be breaking some excessively powerful corporation backs about now.

These things are actually puzzling to me as I hear this person or that candidate being labeled either way.

None of this has anything to do with Will Avery's acceptance of a campaign donation from a radical leftist group.

• Like 3

None of this has anything to do with Will Avery's acceptance of a campaign donation from a radical leftist group.

It just seems that sometimes people labeled conservative are anything but. The converse is true (sometimes at least) when the liberal label is used. And knowing Will, I have very good reason to believe he would be more fiscally reaponsible than some who are thought of as conservative.

Not just smarter or more conscientious but also likely more fiscally responsible and competent than many who beat their chest and assert "my conservatism is bigger than your conservatism."

• Like 1

It just seems that sometimes people labeled conservative are anything but. The converse is true (sometimes at least) when the liberal label is used. And knowing Will, I have very good reason to believe he would be more fiscally reaponsible than some who are thought of as conservative.

Not just smarter or more conscientious but also likely more fiscally responsible and competent than many who beat their chest and assert "my conservatism is bigger than your conservatism."

We got it. You're a sock-puppet for the Will Avery campaign and your goal is to make him look conservative. Good luck!

• Like 3

I must say that you have an excellent command of "Spin Language".laugh.gif

Everyone deserves a chance,now Wll has my respect. He is fighting hard in our red zone. And he hasn't changed his party to fit his agenda. Watch my word he is a future leader,now is a very tough time.

DAYAM Animal, you have mellowed thses past couple of years.

drinks.gifI must tip my hat to you for a rational and realistic statement. drinks.gif

The [D] and the [R] bull cheeze has become too absurd.

And I can see many candidates changing sides, or going independent in the next decade as a result of My way or the WRONG way attitude so prevalent with the Repulicans, especially the local ones. It is almost an "How dare you defy what WE want to take place. You can' run as a Republican unless you sign our Oath of Allegiance, and when we say jump, you ask how high as you come off the ground".

We got it. You're a sock-puppet for the Will Avery campaign and your goal is to make him look conservative. Good luck!

Sock puppet? Will has my support but only because he is the best candidate from either party. This country has been and is being harmed by the doofs who vote party line every time.

(He's a democrat so he's baddd... very lame)

You got nuttin' ... So you say something silly like that.

Substance please.

• Like 1

DAYAM Animal, you have mellowed thses past couple of years.

drinks.gifI must tip my hat to you for a rational and realistic statement. drinks.gif

The [D] and the [R] bull cheeze has become too absurd.

And I can see many candidates changing sides, or going independent in the next decade as a result of My way or the WRONG way attitude so prevalent with the Repulicans, especially the local ones. It is almost an "How dare you defy what WE want to take place. You can' run as a Republican unless you sign our Oath of Allegiance, and when we say jump, you ask how high as you come off the ground".

Thank you for a cogent statement. The damage to our country is already terrible from people who in some bizarro world imagine that a democrat can't be fiscally better than a republican sometimes. Or that a Republican is always a troglodyte on personal freedoms. There are good people in both parties.

And there are really good people who are rightfully disgusted with the rigid lockstep crap that many republicans embarass other republicans with.

Edited by Well Read

Thank you for a cogent statement. The damage to our country is already terrible from people who in some bizarro world imagine that a democrat can't be fiscally better than a republican sometimes. Or that a Republican is always a troglydite on personal freedoms. There are good people in both parties.

And there are really good people who are rightfully disgusted with the rigid lockstep crap that many republicans embaress other republicans with.

I would not mind the partisan politics as much if we had 4 or 5 or 6 parties to choose from who can represent a broad spectrum.

But what we have is 2 parties which have in the minds of many polarized to far right and far left, neither of which suit me.

I grew up with the Dixiecrats, which for all practical purposes were a separate party.

Then as the more liberal democrats moved in on the Dixiecrats I migrated to the Republicans, until they became so RABID under Newt. Political grandstanding became the norm, and it seems the [R]s accepted and condoned their leadership being absolutely morally corrupt while preaching Christianity, love your neighbor, family values, etc.

They would march in their Right to Life Protest, and then go home and take their birth control pills, and had no more problem with that than they have condoning their leadership's philandering ways.

And it seems you have to accept it all, 100%, or none.

So as a result I see a candidate such as Will Avery being much more acceptable to me than those who are vying for the position to run against him in November. But then again, the [D] or [R] means absolutely nothing to me. I am much more concerned with where the individual candidate stands and what their long term goals are.

• Like 1

I would not mind the partisan politics as much if we had 4 or 5 or 6 parties to choose from who can represent a broad spectrum.

But what we have is 2 parties which have in the minds of many polarized to far right and far left, neither of which suit me.

I grew up with the Dixiecrats, which for all practical purposes were a separate party.

Then as the more liberal democrats moved in on the Dixiecrats I migrated to the Republicans, until they became so RABID under Newt. Political grandstanding became the norm, and it seems the [R]s accepted and condoned their leadership being absolutely morally corrupt while preaching Christianity, love your neighbor, family values, etc.

They would march in their Right to Life Protest, and then go home and take their birth control pills, and had no more problem with that than they have condoning their leadership's philandering ways.

And it seems you have to accept it all, 100%, or none.

So as a result I see a candidate such as Will Avery being much more acceptable to me than those who are vying for the position to run against him in November. But then again, the [D] or [R] means absolutely nothing to me. I am much more concerned with where the individual candidate stands and what their long term goals are.

Well said. I agree with everything you said with one minor quibble.

I see major ideological difference in statements from both parties but in practice do not see much difference. Except with the more extreme members of both parties, there isn't that much difference. What is bad about both parties is how much they are run by their corporate sponsors. That is why we are in such a terrible fix. We have the top 10 people in big pharma making on average $9,500 PER HOUR and the middle class being thoroughly duped into believing that undeserving lazy poor people are the drain on our economy. Or that the voo-doo trickle down economics might let a few crumbs land on them.

For perspective, imagine that there are only 100 people in the US and that there is only $1000 of total wealth among them.

One person has $427,

the next most wealthy group of 19 people get to share $503,

the the bottom 80 people get to share $70 or less than 88 cents each.

I doubt that the pharoahs of Egypt enjoyed those wealth ratios with their slaves. The last time we had that sort of imbalance was on 1929 prior to you know what...

Now I am very much a capitalist free market guy. I am a struggling local business owner and employer and sincerely believe that regulated capitalism is the best economic engine on earth. But that is not the system we have been operating under. Just a few years ago, the highest salary in a mega-corporation might be 40 to 50 times what the average full time low end employee made. Today, the average ratio is closer to 1100 to 1. If anyone thinks that is healthy merit based pay differences, they have bought into some serious indoctrination. I think Costco is the only large company that has a stated limit on that ratio. Clark Howard spoke about this issue briefly and mentioned Costco's policy.

There is no other market based economy that has such obscene gilded age differences. Such differences are completely without precedent in any other capitalist country. When the US economy was in its vibrant powerful glory years, we didn't have that either.

When the top 2 pharma execs make $15,000 per hour and an american can travel to Canada and buy drugs made by their companies for less than what they cost here where they are made, that is seriously perverse. When the VA can buy the same drug for 1/10 what Medicare pays for it, that is just wrong and the very antithesis of free market. That little gift of a deficit generating device is thanks to the 2003 Congress and Pres. Thanks guys. That came from the similarity of the parties and the corporate control our system allows.

Both parties support that system. It is killing our incentive. And it happened before Obama ran for office (might as well head that silliness off.) We are screwed until the middle class shakes off the indoctrination bombardment telling us that we are being shafted from below instead of from above.

Well said. I agree with everything you said with one minor quibble.

I see major ideological difference in statements from both parties but in practice do not see much difference. Except with the more extreme members of both parties, there isn't that much difference. What is bad about both parties is how much they are run by their corporate sponsors. That is why we are in such a terrible fix. We have the top 10 people in big pharma making on average $9,500 PER HOUR and the middle class being thoroughly duped into believing that undeserving lazy poor people are the drain on our economy. Or that the voo-doo trickle down economics might let a few crumbs land on them.

For perspective, imagine that there are only 100 people in the US and that there is only $1000 of total wealth among them.

One person has $427,

the next most wealthy group of 19 people get to share $503,

the the bottom 80 people get to share $70 or less than 88 cents each.

I doubt that the pharoahs of Egypt enjoyed those wealth ratios with their slaves. The last time we had that sort of imbalance was on 1929 prior to you know what...

Now I am very much a capitalist free market guy. I am a struggling local business owner and employer and sincerely believe that regulated capitalism is the best economic engine on earth. But that is not the system we have been operating under. Just a few years ago, the highest salary in a mega-corporation might be 40 to 50 times what the average full time low end employee made. Today, the average ratio is closer to 1100 to 1. If anyone thinks that is healthy merit based pay differences, they have bought into some serious indoctrination. I think Costco is the only large company that has a stated limit on that ratio. Clark Howard spoke about this issue briefly and mentioned Costco's policy.

There is no other market based economy that has such obscene gilded age differences. Such differences are completely without precedent in any other capitalist country. When the US economy was in its vibrant powerful glory years, we didn't have that either.

When the top 2 pharma execs make $15,000 per hour and an american can travel to Canada and buy drugs made by their companies for less than what they cost here where they are made, that is seriously perverse. When the VA can buy the same drug for 1/10 what Medicare pays for it, that is just wrong and the very antithesis of free market. That little gift of a deficit generating device is thanks to the 2003 Congress and Pres. Thanks guys. That came from the similarity of the parties and the corporate control our system allows.

Both parties support that system. It is killing our incentive. And it happened before Obama ran for office (might as well head that silliness off.) We are screwed until the middle class shakes off the indoctrination bombardment telling us that we are being shafted from below instead of from above.

More class warfare. That is how Obama and his cronies got elected. I was never envious or angry with folks who made more than my family did. I just wanted to make sure we worked for the education and opportunity to compete for the jobs that EARNED good money. Capitalism has made this country great, envy and the nanny state will destroy it. JMO

More class warfare. That is how Obama and his cronies got elected. I was never envious or angry with folks who made more than my family did. I just wanted to make sure we worked for the education and opportunity to compete for the jobs that EARNED good money. Capitalism has made this country great, envy and the nanny state will destroy it. JMO

Correct! Another "spread the wealth" liberal who's trying to pose as a independent pragmatist. Won't work this November.

No envy, no spread the wealth.

This is the same situation the county had with the original Robber Barons. Oil, Coal, Railroads, Utilities. They charged what they wanted because they were the only game in town. Uncle got involved, and busted up the cartels. The Utilities and most interstate commerce has been governed by Public Service Commissions since that time.

The fact that so much stock is now held by mutual fund groups etc, now the stock holders per se, don't or can't exercise their voting rights. Hence, you end up with situations like Delta several years ago, where the top management was all making obscene compensation packages; the Board of Directors had their December meeting and approved over $400 million dollars worth of golden parachute bonuses while having stewarded and posted the largest annual loss ever posted by a US airline. Less than 90 days later they went into Chapter XI bankruptcy.

Just like utilities and transportation, everyone has to have health insurance, yet it is an obscene profit motivated business where entire workforces are paid to find loopholes to decline paying the bills even though the customer has paid his premiums and followed all the rules.

Sure, it is the american dream to make that kind of millions of dollars a year in pay, and I would say for the Bill Gates and companies like Microsoft, they should be paid for the profits of their invention. But hired guns to manage health care companies, and the Bernie Maddoffs etc. do not deserve that sort of compensation while denying their customers the goods and services they have been paid for.

I love how those who claim no party affiliation consistently

endorse and support left wing policy and talking points...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hardly think that anything I have ever discussed on here or with conversations I have had with voters could be considered left wing. I am honestly a pragmatist and don't want to bring class envy into the picture. People work hard, some get rich from it, some don't. Some people are lazy and expect things to be handed to them, which is not what I support!! I have been a manuel laborer since the time I graduated from UGA until I started to working on my Masters Degree but have never expected anything from anyone and do not condone that behavior in the least bit. Hard work get rewarded, be it monetarily or through the satisfaction of knowing that one has worked hard. And I am proud to say that I have worked hard in my life.

• Like 1

I hardly think that anything I have ever discussed on here or with conversations I have had with voters could be considered left wing. I am honestly a pragmatist and don't want to bring class envy into the picture. People work hard, some get rich from it, some don't. Some people are lazy and expect things to be handed to them, which is not what I support!! I have been a manuel laborer since the time I graduated from UGA until I started to working on my Masters Degree but have never expected anything from anyone and do not condone that behavior in the least bit. Hard work get rewarded, be it monetarily or through the satisfaction of knowing that one has worked hard. And I am proud to say that I have worked hard in my life.

The reply was to your supporter. Thanks for your view on this.

Well News Junky And Reagan Republican, if you must know, I am a registered Republican. I have contributed way more money to Republican candidates than I have to Democrat Party candidates and have actively campaigned for more Republican candidates. There is no shame in voting for the best qualified candidate from either party.

That doesn't mean I am not embarassed by some of the absolutely idiotic things that come from higher-ups in the national republican organization or from anybody who is a lockstep supporter of anything as long as it is Republican. I am pretty sure that it is prima facie proof of lack of knowledge and/or ability to enagage in critical thinking.

If there is anyone who thinks I am not for rewarding hard work, ignorant is the kindest word I can use to describe that person. I worked my way through college sometimes working 3 part time jobs or 1 full time job. Nothing like working till 3 am and having a thermodynamics or fluid dynamics test at 9 am the next morning. It made me miss calculus since ... well never mind about that.

I seriously doubt either of you have worked any harder or completed a more difficult educational curriculum than I did while working. That would be extremely unlikely. It would be a foolish bet for either of you to make.

Spread the wealth liberal? What is the saying? Something like " a lie is halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on?"

I am an entreperneurial capitalistic business owner employer. However, like the author of the "bible" of capitalism (Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations) said, unfettered capitalism can be a very bad thing. Capitalism, yes. Rewarding dishonesty and theft and calling it capitalism? Some are fooled by that. I am glad I am not among those zombies. What some are calling capitalism is more like kleptocracy.

And something else. I have worked alongside Will Avery doing very complex mentally demanding work and doing very hard physically demanding work. Ten to one he'd lap either one of you guys in physical or mental endeavors. If you are forming a team of any kind, you'd be smart to want him on it. I favor his candidacy for very solid reasons.

A spread the wealth liberal? Give me a break. And if you still got nuttin', go ahead and say something else flip of no substance in reply.

Edited by Well Read
  • Like 2

Well News Junky And Reagan Republican, if you must know, I am a registered Republican. I have contributed way more money to Republican candidates than I have to Democrat Party candidates and have actively campaigned for more Republican candidates. There is no shame in voting for the best qualified candidate from either party.

That doesn't mean I am not embarassed by some of the absolutely idiotic things that come from higher-ups in the national republican organization or from anybody who is a lockstep supporter of anything as long as it is Republican. I am pretty sure that it is prima facae proof of lack of knowledge and/or ability to enagage in critical thinking.

If there is anyone who thinks I am not for rewarding hard work, ignorant is the kindest word I can use to describe that person. I worked my way through college sometimes working 3 part time jobs or 1 full time job. Nothing like working till 3 am and having a thermodynamics or fluid dynamics test at 9 am the next morning. It made me miss calculus since ... well never mind about that.

I seriously doubt either of you have worked any harder or completed a more difficult educational curriculum than I did while working. That would be extremely unlikely. It would be a foolish bet for either of you to make.

Spread the wealth liberal? What is the saying? Something like " a lie is halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on?"

I am an entreperneurial capitalistic business owner employer. However, like the author of the "bible" of capitalism (Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations) said, unfettered capitalism can be a very bad thing. Capitalism, yes. Rewarding dishonesty and theft and calling it capitalism? Some are fooled by that. I am glad I am not among those zombies. What some are calling capitalism is more like kleptocracy.

And something else. I have worked alongside Will Avery doing very complex mentally demanding work and doing very hard physically demanding work. Ten to one he'd lap either one of you guys in physical or mental endeavors. If you are forming a team of any kind, you'd be smart to want him on it. I favor his candidacy for very solid reasons.

A spread the wealth liberal? Give me a break. And if you still got nuttin', go ahead and say something else flip of no substance in reply.

WR, we need to meet. Or do I know you ?

You forget......."If you are not with me then you are against me!", and there is no middle ground.

I worked my way through college. Took a junior engineering job with Krupp's Atlanta office after graduation. 3 years later I moved over to another German engineering manufacturing company which built large commercial chicken incubators. 7 years later I left them, and after changing my mind about accepting a job in Clarksville, Ga., I opened my own business instead.

18 months later I book on a partner and bought out the german incubator company when they went into bankruptcy.

6 years later I bought out the partner, and moved the business to the North Industrial Park between New Hope and Dallas. During the 1990s we ran 2 buildings and 26 employees. We put almost $1million a year into the Paulding county economy.

In 2000 I got cold feet with what I saw coming business wise after USA poultry started getting banned in much of the world, so I started turning down the faucet downsizing. Sold off part of the business in 2001, and the balance by the beginning of 2003. We found jobs for every employee [except the first ones I fired]. We paid everyone's health insurance who had worked there for more than a year. Paid holidays and paid vacation.

Some years we paid Georgia and Federal corporate taxes which were more than we took home, but it was from profitable years, so OK. I supported primarily Republican candidates ALL during these years, with the exception of Clinton who was very much admired by ALL the poultry companies [3 of the largest companies are in Arkansas], and the 1990s were the best years ever for the industry.

I voted for Bo Calloway for Georgia Governor the year the assembly stole the election from him. I was STUPID enough to vote for King Jerry Shearin TWICE [yes I know, I even drove around with a Shearin magnetic sign on my car for months and months. I supported Richardson as well. He and Susan used to come to fund raisers for Relay for Life etc at our house.

And then I got slapped across the head with a 2x4 one day when I realized how foolish I was and how blinded I was with what these guys were doing to the people of Paulding County and how hypocritical they were. They had rackets going left and right and it was all supported for and endorsed by the local GOP. The 2008 primaries were almost a sham by how the local GOP was trying to re-install their "Annointed Ones". Truth and facts got out into the public domain on p.com, and there were not successful.

Then Richardson's house of cards collapsed as well.

Liberal Democrat ? I don't think so. In addition to local republicans, I am on Gary Black's campaign, and spoke with Mark Butler [R] Labor Commissioner candidate Tuesday about helping him in the general election in November. He was interested, probably because he is running against my wife's former boss from the Ag Department, Terry Coleman, a Democrat who I sincerely hope we can help get defeated.

I can only hope the underdog R's running locally can pull if off and keep the Gool Ol Boys out in the nose bleed seats and get some commissioners who want to work for the good of the people of Paulding. And I would vote for Pownall, Barnett, and Graham if they were Ds or Independents, just like I plan to vote for Avery. I don't give a damn what letter he has behind the name. For the most part it is irrelevant to what he will be doing under the Gold Dome.

Enough with the Vapid Partisan Politics. Just because you are, don't assume everyone else is. Some of us have chosen not to drink the Kool Aide and will remain wonderfully INDEPENDANT and vote split tickets in November.

WR, we need to meet. Or do I know you ?

You forget......."If you are not with me then you are against me!", and there is no middle ground.

I worked my way through college. Took a junior engineering job with Krupp's Atlanta office after graduation. 3 years later I moved over to another German engineering manufacturing company which built large commercial chicken incubators. 7 years later I left them, and after changing my mind about accepting a job in Clarksville, Ga., I opened my own business instead.

18 months later I book on a partner and bought out the german incubator company when they went into bankruptcy.

6 years later I bought out the partner, and moved the business to the North Industrial Park between New Hope and Dallas. During the 1990s we ran 2 buildings and 26 employees. We put almost $1million a year into the Paulding county economy.

In 2000 I got cold feet with what I saw coming business wise after USA poultry started getting banned in much of the world, so I started turning down the faucet downsizing. Sold off part of the business in 2001, and the balance by the beginning of 2003. We found jobs for every employee [except the first ones I fired]. We paid everyone's health insurance who had worked there for more than a year. Paid holidays and paid vacation.

Some years we paid Georgia and Federal corporate taxes which were more than we took home, but it was from profitable years, so OK. I supported primarily Republican candidates ALL during these years, with the exception of Clinton who was very much admired by ALL the poultry companies [3 of the largest companies are in Arkansas], and the 1990s were the best years ever for the industry.

I voted for Bo Calloway for Georgia Governor the year the assembly stole the election from him. I was STUPID enough to vote for King Jerry Shearin TWICE [yes I know, I even drove around with a Shearin magnetic sign on my car for months and months. I supported Richardson as well. He and Susan used to come to fund raisers for Relay for Life etc at our house.

And then I got slapped across the head with a 2x4 one day when I realized how foolish I was and how blinded I was with what these guys were doing to the people of Paulding County and how hypocritical they were. They had rackets going left and right and it was all supported for and endorsed by the local GOP. The 2008 primaries were almost a sham by how the local GOP was trying to re-install their "Annointed Ones". Truth and facts got out into the public domain on p.com, and there were not successful.

Then Richardson's house of cards collapsed as well.

Liberal Democrat ? I don't think so. In addition to local republicans, I am on Gary Black's campaign, and spoke with Mark Butler [R] Labor Commissioner candidate Tuesday about helping him in the general election in November. He was interested, probably because he is running against my wife's former boss from the Ag Department, Terry Coleman, a Democrat who I sincerely hope we can help get defeated.

I can only hope the underdog R's running locally can pull if off and keep the Gool Ol Boys out in the nose bleed seats and get some commissioners who want to work for the good of the people of Paulding. And I would vote for Pownall, Barnett, and Graham if they were Ds or Independents, just like I plan to vote for Avery. I don't give a damn what letter he has behind the name. For the most part it is irrelevant to what he will be doing under the Gold Dome.

Enough with the Vapid Partisan Politics. Just because you are, don't assume everyone else is. Some of us have chosen not to drink the Kool Aide and will remain wonderfully INDEPENDANT and vote split tickets in November.

Amen on that brother.

We may know each other. But the Kool-Aid is off my diet. I'm slightly diabetic, don't use artificial sweeteners and can't stand the indoctrination. It stands in the way of being able to think. So, I'm off to fight against the crime of misinformation and for the American way (and wait for my "re-distributed wealth.")

A graph of the national debt, along with presidents. Notice it shows the debt rapidly growing--which brought us out of the depression.

National Debt Graph okay, the link wont work, but you can go to zfacts.com or google US National Debt Graph.

I know, this must not be a reliable source. Show me where the numbers are wrong.

Edited by EJ78

Your website:

"I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me."

" For too long, Paulding County has endured career politicians looking out for the interests of big corporations, while forgetting about the real Georgians like you."

"We have seen our representatives continuously vote against education, vote against small businesses, and vote against working class Georgians."

If that ain't good old-fashioned "us vs them" class warfare then I don't know what is. Exactly what is a "real" Georgian? And would you care to tell the folks in the lower and upper classes why you won't be representing them if elected?

• Like 1

Your website:

"I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me."

" For too long, Paulding County has endured career politicians looking out for the interests of big corporations, while forgetting about the real Georgians like you."

"We have seen our representatives continuously vote against education, vote against small businesses, and vote against working class Georgians."

If that ain't good old-fashioned "us vs them" class warfare then I don't know what is. Exactly what is a "real" Georgian? And would you care to tell the folks in the lower and upper classes why you won't be representing them if elected?

What are you trying to stir up Tom ? Come on, Mr Richardson represented the ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS, and their ilk. He got the laws changed and modified to suit THEIR needs and did nothing for the average tax paying citizen. The only Small Businesses he assisted were associated with the home building industry and their suppliers and subs. He paved the way for the mega builders to come in to Paulding, and he thoroughly represented the interests of Big Pharma and the Healthcare Industry.

Tell me what legislation he helped pass to help you ? The mandatory Bible Study Bill ? Early selling of start up banks ? Restricting Impact Fees ?

I look forward to having a representative under the Gold Dome who does indeed have the interests of the AVERAGE tax paying citizen at heart, instead of the RBMDs. But then again, it has been obvious for years who and what the Paulding GOP group wants under the Gold Dome. I just hope they lose that seat along with the others they have maintained for so long.

• Like 1

Some of us extremist posse fascist teabaggers have an excellent memory... ;)

I never said you or anyone else are "extremist posse fascist teabaggers." I'm not sure what that means exactly but I at least detest the fascist part of it.

I do not "think" I am a republican. I don't even think that many of the people who call themselves that today are republican. When I think of great republicans, I think of Lincoln (radical progressive,) Teddy Roosevelt (mixed progressive and conservationist which today is bad bad bad librul,) and Eisenhower (mostly conservative.) And being cognizant of what is going on (nationally at least) in the republican party these days, it is painfully obvious that these great men would be ashamed of the obstructionism that the republican party is harming the country with today.

Someone said though that "all politics is local." So I am an independent (lower case i) who registers republican, votes in the republican primary, campaigns for mostly republicans and some democrats, and votes for who I think will do the best job. (without regard for their party) So if I have to be one of those less than discerning doofuses who pulls the lever for and worships the big "R" only, then you might imagine that I was trying to masquerade as a republican. Sorry to have misled you.

Eisenhower said our country is in great danger from the military industrial complex. He was right. We have entirely too much control of government from corporate puppeteers. It was happening in his time and is worse now. It is more pervasive in the national republican party but is strong in both national parties. If that doesn't cause you concern then you are clueless.

On the deficit issue: I mentioned the Gross Debt. It takes into account inflation, growth of economic output, etc in that it is Total Debt as Percentage of GDP.It is possible to grow the deficit but decrease Gross Debt. Say you owe $10 and your yearly income $15. Gross debt is 67%. Then next year your income is $17 and your accumulated debt/deficit increases to $10.70. The deficit increased but the Gross Debt decreases to 63%.

The Gross Debt is a much more meaningful measure of debt/deficit for an ongoing concern but not for individuals with short working life, then period of little then possibly no income. When fiscally competent presidents (republican and democrat) ran this country and submitted budgets to the House, every single one of those presidents since World War 2 MANAGED to have the Gross Debt be smaller when they finished their terms than when they their terms started...except for Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2 who are undeniably the current deficit champs.

Now Obama, similarly to FDR, inherited one hell of a mess including an on-going accelerating financial meltdown, two wars that Bush was keeping off-budget, and a crumbling housing market (just to name few of the leftovers.) So this is the first time since FDR was in office that it is entirely appropriate to use deficit financing and increase not only the accumulated deficit but even the Gross Debt. Then when things recover, you begain the adult process of paying down the Gross Debt. It is that last critical part that our last 3 republican presidents neglected. Make no mistake, their profligacy is hurting us today.

Most of the people who suddenly got deficit religion (they took no note of the massive deficits under our last 3 R presidents) are now worried about deficits. Some of them actually understand what is going on but know their constituents don't. So they dupe their supporters for political gains to work for the party more than for the country. So if republican is supposed to mean decency and fiscal competence, then we have not had many real republicans on the national scene for a while. They are the ones masquerading as republicans.

Actually, there are several really good ones that can't speak up till the lunatics stop running the party. Eisenhower had to restrain himself while McCarthyism was corrupting the politics of that day. Sometimes things don't change that much after all.

So I want good smart fiscally savvy people to run things for us. If you vote lockstep straight republican ticket, you are in effect trying to prevent competence. The same is true if you vote straight ticket for either party. Learn and do better.

Edited by Well Read
  • Like 1