Paulding.com

Avery for Georgia Website Launched!

Hey all!

I just wanted to tip everyone off to the fact that Will Avery's campaign site, www.averyforgeorgia.com, is up and running! We hope you can visit the site, and sign up to volunteer, or help support the campaign through your generous donations.

The website is a work in progress, and the Blog will be launched soon as well, as well as more content in YouTube, Flickr, and Facebook!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Synopsis of the website:   "I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me" .... typical class warfare u

I would not mind the partisan politics as much if we had 4 or 5 or 6 parties to choose from who can represent a broad spectrum.   But what we have is 2 parties which have in the minds of many polari

I never said you or anyone else are "extremist posse fascist teabaggers." I'm not sure what that means exactly but I at least detest the fascist part of it.   I do not "think" I am a republican. I

A fairly impressive web site, and even more so compared to the others I have visited for our local elections.

I Know, HE IS RUNNING AS A DEMOCRAT, but for those who remember the Dixiecrat-Democrats were the only party around these parts until 10 years ago. So before you condemn him to hell for willing to put a "D" by his name, take a few minutes to visit the site and maybe drop him a note or give him a call.

I believe there is going to be a kick off of some kind at the Hiram Sliver Comet Trailhead/Leggett Park Saturday lunchtime. I plan to stop by.

Does anyone have the "before" picture??

In all honesty, he seems like a really well rounded person, and his wife. It seems that I would have to be a Gremlin, and jump in a puddle to duplicate myself in order to do what he does!! :D

Does anyone have the "before" picture??

In all honesty, he seems like a really well rounded person, and his wife. It seems that I would have to be a Gremlin, and jump in a puddle to duplicate myself in order to do what he does!! :D

From where I sit, education is going to be, or at least SHOULD BE, at the forefront of what is going to be happening under the Gold Dome next year. It is evident education needs a great deal more financial help from the state than it has been getting. Will Avery, his wife, both his parents and a grandparent are/were all educators.

I think it might behoove us in Paulding, as bad as our current BOE situation is, to have a representative whose primary focus is education.

Just something to think about, regardless of the party affiliation.

I agree, the latest flyer from Sen Heath....mentioned zero, natta, nothing..period about EDUCATION...no wonder the Bridges signs are going up everywhere....I just cannot believe that this said nothing about education, balancing the budget, but not about industry or education...oh well....not surprised....now Roy is promising every teacher the world....but dont think they will buy in this time....they dont forget Roy...

I agree, the latest flyer from Sen Heath....mentioned zero, natta, nothing..period about EDUCATION...no wonder the Bridges signs are going up everywhere....I just cannot believe that this said nothing about education, balancing the budget, but not about industry or education...oh well....not surprised....now Roy is promising every teacher the world....but dont think they will buy in this time....they dont forget Roy...

I am not tooting Roy's horn, by any means.

But I will point out:

Richardson, et al

Rallston, et al

Sonny, et al

They took away most if not more than Roy was ever able to do in so far as funding the system goes.

Our education system statewide has been butchered, and they could have done a lot more to keep some funding there.

I have no dog in the fight. My kids are both post college, with one in grad school.

But, I am knowledgeable to know our children's education is our future, and Georgia has taken giant leaps backwards 2 years in a row.

Again, I am not involved in PARTISAN politics. Party affiliatation does not mean anything more than a rat's turd to me. But I am impressed with Will Avery and I think it might be a wise thing for many of you with children in the school system to take advantage of an opportunity to meet Will and see what he has to say about what we can do for education for Paulding and Georgia in the near future.

Or not.

Well, I'm going to get the wrath from everyone because I'm going to vote for Roy. ;)

You best get a helmut! drinks.gif

Personnally, right now I like Dubose Porter for Gov, and his wife Carol Porter for Lt Gov.....wouldn't that be a hoot.

Seriously, Dubose and Carol Porter are impressive other than the "D". But he does not have the bankroll to beat Roy, although she just might be able to give old GED Casey Cagle a run for his money.

Shouldn't we be looking to our leaders to do all that can be done to promote excellent education ? Wasn't that the BOE line of BS for the bonds.....Excellence for our kids ? Well what the hell happened ? Now we are willing to settle for over crowded classrooms because our state leaders were afraid to burn their lobbyist buddies ?

Our education system statewide has been butchered, and they could have done a lot more to keep some funding there.

I agree education is taking a hard hit this year. However, education received a larger percentage of the state budget than the previous year.

I agree education is taking a hard hit this year. However, education received a larger percentage of the state budget than the previous year.

To me, it is not about the percentage of a budget that a program gets this year. It is more so about the current leadership failing to find SOLUTIONS that address problems. There were bills that could have been passes this session that may not have alleviated the entire burden of budget shortfalls, but certainly would have helped. Not to mention that most of these bills would not raise income taxes on a single individual or small business. Instead the leadership goes off an votes to raise hospital taxes. Now where is the logic in that?

• Like 1

Synopsis of the website:

"I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me" .... typical class warfare used by liberals all the time.

"For too long, Paulding County has endured career politicians looking out for the interests of big corporations, while forgetting about the real Georgians like you." .... more class warfare and anti-capitalist rhetoric used by liberals.

"In order to ensure that Paulding County has the best teachers, we must pay them competitively." ... increased spending has never been proven to improve education, it only funds those cozy desk jobs for the teachers' union.

http://www.educatedgeorgia.org/news-q6-y2009-c2-Return_on_Investment_Public_Education_in_Georgia.aspx

"Discourage giving multibillion dollar corporations in Atlanta huge tax breaks if it means leaving local businessmen and women out to dry." ... more demonetization of successful corporations. Paulding has a ton of small businesses, what we need are a few large businesses! How will you attract them with this kind of talk? Would it be such a bad thing for a multibillion dollar corporation to move to Paulding?

"For me, the question has never been whether Georgia legislation should focus on the right to bear arms, but rather ensuring that those arms are owned legally, and that they stay out of the hands of those that wish us and our children harm." ... And how will Mr Avery accomplish that? Answer ... gun restrictions!

Thanks but no thanks Mr. Avery, the last thing Paulding County needs is a yes-man to the Democrats in Atlanta, in Congress, and in the White House.

• Like 6

Synopsis of the website:

"I believe that under the Gold Dome, we need strong leadership that will represent Paulding's working middle class—folks just like you and me" .... typical class warfare used by liberals all the time.

"For too long, Paulding County has endured career politicians looking out for the interests of big corporations, while forgetting about the real Georgians like you." .... more class warfare and anti-capitalist rhetoric used by liberals.

"In order to ensure that Paulding County has the best teachers, we must pay them competitively." ... increased spending has never been proven to improve education, it only funds those cozy desk jobs for the teachers' union.

http://www.educatedg...in_Georgia.aspx

"Discourage giving multibillion dollar corporations in Atlanta huge tax breaks if it means leaving local businessmen and women out to dry." ... more demonetization of successful corporations. Paulding has a ton of small businesses, what we need are a few large businesses! How will you attract them with this kind of talk? Would it be such a bad thing for a multibillion dollar corporation to move to Paulding?

"For me, the question has never been whether Georgia legislation should focus on the right to bear arms, but rather ensuring that those arms are owned legally, and that they stay out of the hands of those that wish us and our children harm." ... And how will Mr Avery accomplish that? Answer ... gun restrictions!

Thanks but no thanks Mr. Avery, the last thing Paulding County needs is a yes-man to the Democrats in Atlanta, in Congress, and in the White House.

I have to assume then you approve of Delta's $500,000,000 tax break ? Why not one for Airtrans as well ?

And in the meantime, the state unfunds education ?

Come on now, where are your priorities ?

• Like 1

I have to assume then you approve of Delta's $500,000,000 tax break ? Why not one for Airtrans as well ?

And in the meantime, the state unfunds education ?

Come on now, where are your priorities ?

I know that Hambones BBQ on Virginia Ave in Hapevlle probably approves it. They're packed with Delta employees everyday for lunch.

Synopsis of the website:

http://www.educatedgeorgia.org/news-q6-y2009-c2-Return_on_Investment_Public_Education_in_Georgia.aspx

Well I guess Paulding county could reelect some of the good ole boys for the District 19 seat and we can continue business as usual and if the housing market ever rebounds, Maybe the economy will rebound here in Paulding county and the state of Georgia.

Or just maybe, Paulding residents are fed up with the business as usual, and will reject the politics of the past.

Since you mentioned Delta Workers, Care to talk about a company that went Bankrupt, Transferred all of the pension liability to the government pension plan, That is paid for by other Vested pension plans, And guaranteed by Federal Tax dollars, And you think it is okay to take Georgia Tax dollars and subsidize the fuel tax that all other Georgians have to pay.

Are you okay with allowing the Ford Hapeville, And the Doraville General Motors plants to close and them take your tax dollars to Bring in a foreign company KIA and provide Over $500 million dollars in incentives to build a plant, Plus millions in tax breaks, And nothing for the American plants, Only to see the profits of this plant go overseas? These tax dollars would have allowed thousands of teachers to remain on the job teaching our kids, and giving them a quality education that they deserve

Need I say any more? Just for my information will you please tell me what our State Senators And our House of Representives Have done for Paulding County in the Past eight years?

I can only say that the past two elected representives of District 19 have certainly brought shame and disgrace to this county. In addition our representives have raised our taxes on property owners both last year and this year.

And you want two more years of this........... Not me I am voting for Roy Barnes and Will Avery. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

I am opening minded though, Tell me what the other candidates will do for PAULDING COUNTY?

Synopsis of the website:

http://www.educatedg...in_Georgia.aspx

Democrats are busy destroying the economy. There is no way I would vote to put another one in County, State, or Federal Government. Obama does not need any more help to put us all out of work or to put more government strings on Georgia.dry.gif

• Like 2

Well I guess Paulding county could reelect some of the good ole boys for the District 19 seat and we can continue business as usual and if the housing market ever rebounds, Maybe the economy will rebound here in Paulding county and the state of Georgia.

Or just maybe, Paulding residents are fed up with the business as usual, and will reject the politics of the past.

Since you mentioned Delta Workers, Care to talk about a company that went Bankrupt, Transferred all of the pension liability to the government pension plan, That is paid for by other Vested pension plans, And guaranteed by Federal Tax dollars, And you think it is okay to take Georgia Tax dollars and subsidize the fuel tax that all other Georgians have to pay.

Are you okay with allowing the Ford Hapeville, And the Doraville General Motors plants to close and them take your tax dollars to Bring in a foreign company KIA and provide Over $500 million dollars in incentives to build a plant, Plus millions in tax breaks, And nothing for the American plants, Only to see the profits of this plant go overseas? These tax dollars would have allowed thousands of teachers to remain on the job teaching our kids, and giving them a quality education that they deserve

Need I say any more? Just for my information will you please tell me what our State Senators And our House of Representives Have done for Paulding County in the Past eight years?

I can only say that the past two elected representives of District 19 have certainly brought shame and disgrace to this county. In addition our representives have raised our taxes on property owners both last year and this year.

And you want two more years of this........... Not me I am voting for Roy Barnes and Will Avery. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

I am opening minded though, Tell me what the other candidates will do for PAULDING COUNTY?

Nice use of the "good ole boys" and "business as usual" Obama brainwashing phrases. As well as the anti-free trade rhetoric. As for the 1000s of teachers, what where the results when they were on the job? Oops.

Democrats are busy destroying the economy. There is no way I would vote to put another one in County, State, or Federal Government. Obama does not need any more help to put us all out of work or to put more government strings on Georgia.dry.gif

I thought the Republicans had control of the State and the County, We were in this recession before Obama got elected.

Can you name some things that our State representives have done to get us out of this recession

I thought the Republicans had control of the State and the County, We were in this recession before Obama got elected.

Can you name some things that our State representives have done to get us out of this recession

They've cut the budget. That's what they're supposed to do in times like this. And they'll be cutting it next year again.

Nice use of the "good ole boys" and "business as usual" Obama brainwashing phrases. As well as the anti-free trade rhetoric. As for the 1000s of teachers, what where the results when they were on the job? Oops.

Not supporting corporate welfare is far from anti-free trade. By giving money hand-over-fist to Delta and other mega-corporations we are neglecting to take care of people and small businesses. Real free trade would say let companies like Delta live or die based on what they provide, not base their survival upon tax exemptions. You might be confused as to what free-trade means though.

Georgia is not bankrupt as are a number of other states which are led by Democrats. We are much better off under the Obama "kill the jobs" Administration than we would have been if the Democrats had been in control in the GA Legislature. Of that I am 100% sure!!!

Not supporting corporate welfare is far from anti-free trade. By giving money hand-over-fist to Delta and other mega-corporations we are neglecting to take care of people and small businesses. Real free trade would say let companies like Delta live or die based on what they provide, not base their survival upon tax exemptions. You might be confused as to what free-trade means though.

You may be confused to what private property, freedom and liberty means. "By giving money hand-over-fist" ???? Excuse me, it's Delta's money to begin with! But of course you socialists don't see it that way. You see it as your money to take and then hand out according to how you see fit. Going after our corporations in Atlanta and chasing them away to neighboring states is the last thing Georgia's economy needs. Figure out a solution that doesn't involve rationing out other folks money.

Real nice diversion tactic yourself, First the Teachers in Paulding County did a tremendous job with our kids, In my opinion, It appears that we have a difference of opinion on this matter.

Secondly I asked

Just for my information will you please tell me what our State Senators And our House of Representives Have done for Paulding County in the Past eight years?
Did you overlook this question. Surely you can point out some things that were accomplished by our Representives?

You may be confused to what private property, freedom and liberty means. "By giving money hand-over-fist" ???? Excuse me, it's Delta's money to begin with! But of course you socialists don't see it that way. You see it as your money to take and then hand out according to how you see fit. Going after our corporations in Atlanta and chasing them away to neighboring states is the last thing Georgia's economy needs. Figure out a solution that doesn't involve rationing out other folks money.

Must be one of them Tea Baggers?

a 500 million (yes I said million) fuel tax exemption is giving money to Delta. That is not their money, that is your money, my money, and everyone else in the state of Georgia's money. I am not going after corporations. I am saying that if you are going to talk about free market and capitalism, you can't defend giving Delta that much money.

Real nice diversion tactic yourself, First the Teachers in Paulding County did a tremendous job with our kids, In my opinion, It appears that we have a difference of opinion on this matter.

Secondly I asked Did you overlook this question. Surely you can point out some things that were accomplished by our Representives?

I can pull dozens of pieces of legislation that I totally agreed with that both Richardson and Maxwell voted for. Not going to waste my time with the exercise of copy and pasting them all from the state web-site.

I can pull dozens of pieces of legislation that I totally agreed with that both Richardson and Maxwell voted for. Not going to waste my time with the exercise of copy and pasting them all from the state web-site.

How about just citing a couple in General terms?

a 500 million (yes I said million) fuel tax exemption is giving money to Delta. That is not their money, that is your money, my money, and everyone else in the state of Georgia's money. I am not going after corporations. I am saying that if you are going to talk about free market and capitalism, you can't defend giving Delta that much money.

OMG .... did we actually send them a check for $500 million??? Where was the $500mil to begin with?

How many people in the state of Georgia are employed by Delta? Delta along with other airlines have felt the down turn in the economy and giving them a break like that may help save some Georgia jobs. I don't have a problem with it at all. May also help keep Delta operating here.

OMG .... did we actually send them a check for $500 million??? Where was the $500mil to begin with?

Nope our representives felt that it was okay for me to continue to pay the fuel tax,But Delta needed a little break OMG!!!!!

How many people in the state of Georgia are employed by Delta? Delta along with other airlines have felt the down turn in the economy and giving them a break like that may help save some Georgia jobs. I don't have a problem with it at all. May also help keep Delta operating here.

So you do agree with bail outs?

What about Airtran and other corporations that have been hurt by this economy? Why does Delta get to be the chosen one? Could it be the interests of those making the decisions tied in with it?

My point is is that if you are going to talk about being fiscally conservative and letting the free market determine prices and who survives and who doesn't in the business world then let it happen, don't defend what you preach against.

How about just citing a couple in General terms?

Improved school choice, gun rights, stricter sex offender laws, tort reform laws, know they neighbor act, stricter illegal immigration laws, balanced the budget, and I could dig up several tax cuts targetted toward businesses.

How many people in the State of Georgia are employed by the School districts? The Paulding County School Districts, Along with other School Districts have felt the downturn, Giving then the same break will help save Georgia jobs, They should have received these dollars,Instead of Delta, And KIA Which is a foreign company located on the Georgia Alabama border and does not hire just workers from Georgia.

What about Airtran and other corporations that have been hurt by this economy? Why does Delta get to be the chosen one? Could it be the interests of those making the decisions tied in with it?

My point is is that if you are going to talk about being fiscally conservative and letting the free market determine prices and who survives and who doesn't in the business world then let it happen, don't defend what you preach against.

Dude. Not taxing someone is not the same as bailing them out. The injustice here is not that Delta gets to keep more of their private property, it is that the rest of us don't. Figure out how we can keep more of our money without demonizing and stealing it from a company that single-handedly keeps three towns in S. Atlanta living and breathing. Set aside your Obama populous speech, it won't work in Paulding.

Improved school choice, gun rights, stricter sex offender laws, tort reform laws, know they neighbor act, stricter illegal immigration laws, balanced the budget, and I could dig up several tax cuts targetted toward businesses.

Other than the balanced budget that you mention, Which ones are being enforced? And BTW the budget was balanced on the Backs of the citizens through higher property taxes and higher fees such as hospital fees and new tag fees Oh ...... I forgot to ask are the new immigration laws working, Are they being enforced, How about Tort reform,Is it being enforced, is it working.

You are correct those laws were passed, And unenforceable by the Republican Controlled State of Georgia, In the mean time we have the most Bank failures, Hghest unemployment ever recorded, And the legislature has did nothing to add jobs to the economny, fact is we are still losing jobs as I type