Paulding.com

2011 Paulding County Budget

And I hope the voters appreciate the fact we have a chairman, and at least one commissioner [Tommie Graham] who have obviously been working hard at cutting spending where ever possible and not rubber-stamping spending, spending, spending.

I know 'I' really appreciate it!!

I'm going to try to find them a like minded person for Post 4!

• 3 weeks later...

You do know that one reason that PC built the airport was to prevent Atlanta from using their land in PC for a second airport.

Too bad our planners didn't work toward a better vision like the folks down in the Panama City did with their new airport. It would have great to actually have someone like SouthWest airlines serving our airport. THAT, would have brought business to Paulding County.

You do know that one reason that PC built the airport was to prevent Atlanta from using their land in PC for a second airport.

I have to disagree.

The main reason PC built the airport was so a bunch of the RBMDs could park their airplanes there, instead of Rome or Charlie Brown or McCollum. But our airport authority has been a bit lax about getting the hanger spaces built out after Speaker Richardson pissed Sonny off and he vetoed our funding.

The Atlanta Airport authority bought the land on a hedge to build a 2nd airport IF they could not obtain their runway and terminal expansions at Hartsfield. Which they got, along with funding to move the interstate.

I have to disagree.

The main reason PC built the airport was so a bunch of the RBMDs could park their airplanes there, instead of Rome or Charlie Brown or McCollum. But our airport authority has been a bit lax about getting the hanger spaces built out after Speaker Richardson pissed Sonny off and he vetoed our funding.

The Atlanta Airport authority bought the land on a hedge to build a 2nd airport IF they could not obtain their runway and terminal expansions at Hartsfield. Which they got, along with funding to move the interstate.

How many of those RBMDs actually park their airplanes there today?

Maybe, but I bet if the 200 lb Gorilla of ATL decided they wanted another airport out here, the fact there is a small Paulding one would not even slow it down much.

If you fly into ATL from the East, look to South and you will see a couple of runways with the big X on the end of the closed runway because they were too close to airspace ATL needed.

right - the library nearing completion is the dirt pile next to station 11

You can't visualize a library in that dirt pile? I don't know what that says about you. :lol:

You guys can thank Hogan Construction Group for that. I cannot believe the amount of work this company is doing in Paulding county, they don't even operate near here and they have a lonnnnnngggggg history of not paying their sub-contractors. Kinda like the Facilities Group was. ;)

Their office is in Norcross, so we don't have any local Contractors that can handle government projects that actually send jobs out for sub bids???

I know 'I' really appreciate it!!

I'm going to try to find them a like minded person for Post 4!

Ok explain this maybe I don't see the picture. Tommie Graham was president of the home builders assoc. Now everyone on hear complained about the builders including you. Now why would you want this person in office? And at a open debate he told everyone in the room he liked spending other peoples money.

So why would you want him in office? When the market comes back who would bennefit from this?

Please tell me :unsure:

You guys can thank Hogan Construction Group for that. I cannot believe the amount of work this company is doing in Paulding county, they don't even operate near here and they have a lonnnnnngggggg history of not paying their sub-contractors. Kinda like the Facilities Group was. ;)

Their office is in Norcross, so we don't have any local Contractors that can handle government projects that actually send jobs out for sub bids???

I talked with one contractor and he told me the BS and paperwork as well as the biased bids in Paulding are such a pain in the rear he doesn't even both trying for Paulding county government work any more.