Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
fire911

scorpions ?

Get some chickens, they love them! LOL Sorry I hate those things too. I have actually had nightmares about giant scorpions before. Our monthly pest control service keeps them away I guess because in 12 years I have only seen 1 in this house.

Edited to add: It is true about the chickens though.

Edited by MsGaStorm

They're little bitty, Mrs. B - about 1" long, if that. But if you step on one, it'll sting you, as I found out last year (by accident). It wasn't as bad as a bee sting, though, and didn't last nearly as long.

They're little bitty, Mrs. B - about 1" long, if that. But if you step on one, it'll sting you, as I found out last year (by accident). It wasn't as bad as a bee sting, though, and didn't last nearly as long.

Thanks for letting us know what they feel like. I'd rather not find out for myself. Luckily I've been able to see them in time. I think they sometimes hide in your cabinets but I usually see them lying in the floor.

Wow, I didn't realize we had scorpions here. I agree about chickens. They will eat almost anything!

Thanks... even 1" is still too big for me. lol

we do have a few dangerous ones around, you need to be careful. When I lived in Cartersville, I found a nice size one (like 4") in our yard once, I think it was probably a released pet.

The few times I've seen them was after we cleaned out the gutters. I'm guessing they like to live in them or in the pine and mulch at the bottom.

My mom has A LOT at her house. You will just randomly see one crawling up the wall. :blink: but just go to the store and see if any of the bug killing products have scorpions listed on it.

Usually when we start hitting the 90' temps they start coming out and wanting in the homes. I have seen several 3" ones before but they can easily be swished with a shoe. I still don't like them though. Probably due to those nightmares I have had about them. LOL blink.gif

I dont think the landlord would be to happy if we put chickens in the house to eat the scorpions.LOL

I dont think the landlord would be to happy if we put chickens in the house to eat the scorpions.LOL

Haha! I meant if you keep chickens in the yard then they will usually eat them long before the scorpion gets into the house. tongue.gif

The larger ones probably will have the most venom as I have heard them to be slightly worse than a bee sting. Once I found a tiny brown-black one in a leather loafer after having felt something MOVE in it! ACCKKK! Over that summer and the next I found 2-3" ones, 1 on my ceiling and another on top of the fridge. This was in the braswell mtn area. The only one I have seen here in New Hope was about 2.5-3" and dark brown.

About 25 years ago I seen a tiny red one under an upturned rock close to a creek near braswell mtn. Now that one was probably poisonous.

Now I have the creepy crawlies. sad.gif

Haha! I meant if you keep chickens in the yard then they will usually eat them long before the scorpion gets into the house. tongue.gif

The larger ones probably will have the most venom as I have heard them to be slightly worse than a bee sting. Once I found a tiny brown-black one in a leather loafer after having felt something MOVE in it! ACCKKK! Over that summer and the next I found 2-3" ones, 1 on my ceiling and another on top of the fridge. This was in the braswell mtn area. The only one I have seen here in New Hope was about 2.5-3" and dark brown.

About 25 years ago I seen a tiny red one under an upturned rock close to a creek near braswell mtn. Now that one was probably poisonous.

Now I have the creepy crawlies. sad.gif

When I was a teenager I put a shoe on that had one in it and got stung that way. Yes it does not hurt as bad as a bee sting but not very pleasant.

Our dog loves to play with them but does not understand why they will not play back when they are dead.

The couple of times I've seen them was after we wiped out the drains. I'm speculating they like to live in them or in the pine and mulch at the base.