Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

You may want to reconsider. After talking with my new attorney and spending hours worth of billable hours righting what I PAID Donovan to do in the first place AND the unprofessionalism of his comments ABOUT MY CASE in this thread, I'm not even sure what he did with my retainer fees, prepaid costs, etc except file a form that says he represents me and show up late to court. It's a civil case. I don't trust that he'll be any better than Lane.

I saw that. Can you provide a link. I want to re-read what he said.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here. As far as I know, his child does not attend Paulding County schools. I don't like that at all. I hope to get to Paulette Braddock's event to meet her also.

go to his website "electdanielstout.com" - you will learn that he does attend church regularly and even heads up a bible study on Friday mornings and please drop the motherinlaw "thing" that is his teenage past, he is so much better than you are stating here. and what does his not working in the county mean - and you will find that he resigned from his job to devote his time to being a great representative for HD19 - he IS the most qualified candidate running!!!!

go to his website "electdanielstout.com" - you will learn that he does attend church regularly and even heads up a bible study on Friday mornings and please drop the motherinlaw "thing" that is his teenage past, he is so much better than you are stating here. and what does his not working in the county mean - and you will find that he resigned from his job to devote his time to being a great representative for HD19 - he IS the most qualified candidate running!!!!

He resigned after having been elected to finish out a term with less than a year left? That doesn't sound very smart. If he is that careless with his own livelihood I don't want him having any bearing on mine. I know the type. Let me guess.....God told him to quit his job.

He resigned after having been elected to finish out a term with less than a year left? That doesn't sound very smart. If he is that careless with his own livelihood I don't want him having any bearing on mine. I know the type. Let me guess.....God told him to quit his job.

WOW! :(

WOW! :(

I probably shouldn't have said that, but I see that phrase misused as an excuse WAY too much.

There has to be more to this story than someone quitting their regular job because of a temporary job. Besides, the General Assembly won't be in session again until the newly elected rep is in office.

I'm still calling BS on this one.

I probably shouldn't have said that, but I see that phrase misused as an excuse WAY too much.

There has to be more to this story than someone quitting their regular job because of a temporary job. Besides, the General Assembly won't be in session again until the newly elected rep is in office.

I would like to know "the rest of the story" too. I am just a little curious.

I don't care if it is in his "teenage past". It is a huge deal for me so I will not drop it. Not only did he betray his pregnant wife, it was with his wives' mother. You can't get anymore demented than that, in my opinion. <_<

Attends regularly (out of this county) - check

drop the "motherinlaw thing" - NOT!!!

Most bizarre line yet - resigned from his job to devote his time to being a great representative for HD19 wacko.gif

It's the most ridiculous claim I've heard yet! In this economy, quit your job for a part time one??? Does he see himself getting rich as a State House Rep?? dry.gif

drinks.gif

Feelip you keep pushing this LIE, not sure why, but Braddock was never on the committee and never agreed with the bond, but the voters voted on it. Golden was on the committee, but raised taxes at least 4 times on the board, if not more, when the county was starting to grow.

Braddock voted for 1 tax on the board, voted against all the others, and they reduced the millage one time, during the HIGHEST growth years in the county. This is all public record, why don't you and your buddy Surepip look it all up since you do open records request for everything else. It's very clear that you don't want the facts, you just want to push the lie.

These are all fine candidates, and none of them deserve to be lied about.

Voting for Golden because he's a nice guy and goes to church (I haven't seen him at church in years until he decided to run for office, but he is a member) isn't a real solid reason, but its your vote. I'm sure all the candidates are nice and go to church somewhere. (I had to LOL at the comment from Feelip about Stout flashing his Jesus badge - that is funny)

Feelip, Whitey, Surepip and the rest of you that are bashing Cochran and Lane. Not sure you why you don't like Braddock since she has a track record of voting against taxes, but you seem to want to smear that record as much as possible and not use the same "ran a business" criteria on that as you've used to justify why people should vote for Gregory and Pownall over Cochran. And you are saying glowing things about Avery without using the same standard you are using to hold Beverly to. You really are all over the place. So is business experience important or is it only important when it relates to your favored candidate in whatever particular race you are talking about to make your favorite candidate appear better?

I do however agree about the sweetheart construction deals.

Peeper Braddock has a track record of voting for most every budget proposed to the school board, which included tax increases every year, to say differently, you are misrepresenting her voting record this was all brought out in 2008 during the school board election, she lost that election by a landslide, And two years later I doubt the voters has had enough time yet to forget

Peeper Braddock has a track record of voting for most every budget proposed to the school board, which included tax increases every year, to say differently, you are misrepresenting her voting record this was all brought out in 2008 during the school board election, she lost that election by a landslide, And two years later I doubt the voters has had enough time yet to forget

You are mistaken. Braddock addressed her voting record at the Chamber event saying she voted against taxes except for one so that is not true. The boe didn't increase taxes every year, where do you get your information?

False. Do people really think they can just post whatever they wish and it's taken as fact?

You are mistaken. Braddock addressed her voting record at the Chamber event saying she voted against taxes except for one so that is not true. The boe didn't increase taxes every year, where do you get your information?

Not sure where Dot got her information, but I got mine from my tax records, And the Board of Education minutes, and common knowledge. During this period of time 2000 thru 2008 While Mrs. Braddock served on the school board, taxes were increased most every year, not necessarily through a Millage rate increase, but very sneaky through the appreciation of property values, And not rolling back the millage for the increased valuation. The Board of commissioners and the Board of Education used this vehicle to increase taxes every year, Even though the millage rate remained the same, And in some cases even dropped Yet the taxes due actually went up. I am quite sure that the tax payers of this county remember this era?

To say that Mrs. Braddock only voted for one tax increase during this period of time is really a stretch of the Imagination, Since the record will reflect that most all the budgets during this period of time included tax increases, And the record does not reflect that she voted against all of the proposed budgets, If they do in your opinion, I am sure that you will be able to link us to the documents where she voted against those budgets?

In 2006, I had the privilege of addressing the school board, During, a public hearing on the proposed tax increase by The school Board for that year, And actually supported that tax increase at both the School Board meeting and the Board of Commissioners meeting held in August of that year, And I shall NEVER forget that immediately after that meeting, I was made aware, For the first time, That the following September the school board had proposed an $125 million school bond, To be held in a special election, Between the primary and the general election of that year, Which failed, And was voted on by the SCHOOL BOARD, To have another election the Following March in which it passed. And that year and the following year the citizens enjoyed the highest one year tax increases ever imposed by the School Board and the Board of commissioners, And all through elections during the primary or special elections. In 2008 the citizens soundly rejected this type of leadership by defeating Mrs. Braddock and certain members of the Board of Commissioners by a landslide, and I certainly hope that it occurs again

Maybe they can tell my why I just got my tax bill and my house went from $161,100 to $113,800. I have a 3,600 sq ft house on an acre of land. How the hell do they figure this?????

Are they going to increase the millage and depreciate houses to get more taxes???

I'm about done with this freaking county!!!

Edited by Pensacola

Maybe they can tell my why I just got my tax bill and my house went from $161,100 to $113,800. I have a 3,600 sq ft house on an acre of land. How the hell do they figure this?????

Are they going to increase the millage and depreciate houses to get more taxes???

I'm about done with this freaking county!!!

Nope, from all the information that I have seen there is no proposed millage rate increase from either the school board or the County commissioners. This is certainly a breath of fresh air, you should see a significant decrease in your taxes this year based on the reevaluation you have posted as will many other citizens

• 4 weeks later...

Madea I will be voting for Earl Cosgrove for post commissioner... He is reitired, he helped build the Dogriver Resivoir, he has nothing to gain.

He has experinece with the resivior, and nothing to gain with is political career, he will listen to the people, he has no ties to the good ole boys.

He will get my vote, I feel he is a vote for the people and no attachments..

Madea I will be voting for Earl Cosgrove for post commissioner... He is reitired, he helped build the Dogriver Resivoir, he has nothing to gain.

He has experinece with the resivior, and nothing to gain with is political career, he will listen to the people, he has no ties to the good ole boys.

He will get my vote, I feel he is a vote for the people and no attachments..

Mine too!

Nope, from all the information that I have seen there is no proposed millage rate increase from either the school board or the County commissioners. This is certainly a breath of fresh air, you should see a significant decrease in your taxes this year based on the reevaluation you have posted as will many other citizens

Unless SPLOST is rejected.

• 3 weeks later...

Check again.

Say again ??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Say again ??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Alrighty then. No tax increases, huh?? 8)