Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

I am going to give you some good advice,you recently looked into some records. Now you gave out some bad info. Now I hear bad war drums and personally I would worry a little bit about you being sued. I over heard this pow wow,they not smokem peace pipe either.

If you need to hide in my cave for awhile I understand because I think you might have gone too far.

But hey do what you want but just a word to the wise. :drinks:

Interesting topic you bring up.

There was an article in the NYTimes about just this kind of thing.

Seems the Dems in Congress are seeking to introduce legislation to extend the coverage of anti-slapp protections. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/01/us/01slapp.html?hpw

pubby

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

With the Republican choices for District 19 I don't see that I have a choice but to vote for a Democrat. It will be the first since Jimmy Carter.

Well I won't be fooled again. One Jimmy Carter was enough for me.

I am going to give you some good advice,you recently looked into some records. Now you gave out some bad info. Now I hear bad war drums and personally I would worry a little bit about you being sued. I over heard this pow wow,they not smokem peace pipe either.

If you need to hide in my cave for awhile I understand because I think you might have gone too far.

But hey do what you want but just a word to the wise. drinks.gif

I think I have heard some of those war drums too.unsure.gif

Look, I find out what I need to know on my own through research and by personal interactions with candidates. If you want the truth and are not lazy, you can find it. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding being charged a fee for what is PUBLIC information.

I already knew the truth, I was just checking to see if you did :D

There are four posts that involve an allegation regarding a local builder running for the General Assembly, Post 19 that asserted that some of those who bought homes from his company were left high and dry. I have since had assertions that while there was some disruption, reparations were made. However, everything I have heard is nothing but hearsay and should not be considered fact. When I make a report, it will be based on facts.

I will be in contact with those posting regarding the allegations made.

pubby

YES, there are posts that involve allegations regarding the local builder, Steve Golden, who is running for a House Seat in District 19 and THEY ARE NOT TRUE!!!!!

Steve Golden has never filed bankruptcy, NOR has his company filed bankruptcy.

Almost everything that has been posted about Steve is FALSE. He is not a developer. The earnest money $8000 was non-refundable earnest money. He started a pre-sale in Chestnut Hills Subdivision and he remembers it very well. His real estate agent (who has been in business for many, many years and like Steve, is very well respected) remembers it very well also. The buyer kept on spending $$$ on EXTRAS as he built the home. He paid invoices with the $8000 for expenses incurred from the upgrades. They were never able to sell their current home, so they could not qualify for a loan. The lender tried and tried but could not get them qualified. This occured when the market began to crash. The original sales price per the contract was over $300,000. Twelve months later that home sold for approx $225,000 and Mr. Golden still has a copy of the original contract. The contract clearly stated the earnest money was NON-REFUNDABLE!!!

He did vote to raise the milleage rate when he was on the school board. It was always a unanimous vote! As Paulding County was at the time the 7th fastest growing county in the country and he felt like (after being supplied all the necessary information to make an informed decision), had no choice, but to vote to build new schools - the children had to be provided an education and he simply felt like he was fulfilling his obligations as a responsible school board member to ensure that ALL of our Paulding County students received the education they deserve. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it is not a simple task to make decisions that involve the 7th fastest growing county in the nation and to make sure our children are being taken care of.

You know what the sad thing of this entire issue is? All I had to do is to send Mr. Golden an email to get all my questions answered as would anyone here on paulding.com that chooses to do so. It is not complicated, it is actually quite simple and I truly am appalled that some here would just believe what they read on paulding.com without checking it out.

Come on people, call the guy - get the REAL FACTS, rather than what someone is posting here here while hiding behind anonymous screen names. I'm sure Mr. Golden will be glad to share the TRUE FACTS with you if you will simply PICK UP THE PHONE, CALL HIM OR SEND HIM AN EMAIL.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination blasting or attempting to insult any of the other candidates for this position. I sincerely admire anyone who runs for public office these days as you can all well see what happens on websites such as this when untruths are sometimes posted. And we wonder why we have a shortage of candidates............

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Like 1

YES, there are posts that involve allegations regarding the local builder, Steve Golden, who is running for a House Seat in District 19 and THEY ARE NOT TRUE!!!!!

Almost everything that has been posted about Steve is FALSE. He is not a developer. The earnest money $8000 was non-refundable earnest money. He started a pre-sale in Chestnut Hills Subdivision and he remembers it very well. His real estate agent (who has been in business for many, many years and like Steve, is very well respected) remembers it very well also. The buyer kept on spending $$$ on EXTRAS as he built the home. He paid invoices with the $8000 for expenses incurred from the upgrades. They were never able to sell their current home, so they could not qualify for a loan. The lender tried and tried but could not get them qualified. This occured when the market began to crash. The original sales price per the contract was over $300,000. Twelve months later that home sold for approx $225,000 and Mr. Golden still has a copy of the original contract. The contract clearly stated the earnest money was NON-REFUNDABLE!!!

He did vote to raise the milleage rate when he was on the school board. It was always a unanimous vote! As Paulding County was at the time the 7th fastest growing county in the country and he felt like (after being supplied all the necessary information to make an informed decision), had no choice, but to vote to build new schools - the children had to be provided an education and he simply felt like he was fulfilling his obligations as a responsible school board member to ensure that ALL of our Paulding County students received the education they deserve. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it is not a simple task to make decisions that involve the 7th fastest growing county in the nation and to make sure our children are being taken care of.

You know what the sad thing of this entire issue is? All I had to do is to send Mr. Golden an email to get all my questions answered as would anyone here on paulding.com that chooses to do so. It is not complicated, it is actually quite simple and I truly am appalled that some here would just believe what they read on paulding.com without checking it out.

Come on people, call the guy - get the REAL FACTS, rather than what someone is posting here here while hiding behind anonymous screen names. I'm sure Mr. Golden will be glad to share the TRUE FACTS with you if you will simply PICK UP THE PHONE, CALL HIM OR SEND HIM AN EMAIL.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination blasting or attempting to insult any of the other candidates for this position. I sincerely admire anyone who runs for public office these days as you can all well see what happens on websites such as this when untruths are sometimes posted. And we wonder why we have a shortage of candidates............

And we are suppse to believe all this because you wrote it?

And we are suppse to believe all this because you wrote it?

Absolutely not - and are we supposed to believe any of it is true simply because some individual here on paulding.com sitting behind an anonymous screen name wrote it? I think not.

I am simply asking you and everyone else here to pick up the phone, send an email and communicate personally with the candidates on any concerns or questions they might have. It wouldn't be very responsible for you to just read what is being here by anonymous members hiding behind anonymous screen names now would it?

So what is your take on the allegations on Steve Golden not being true? Have you called him yet to get the real story?

The allegations mean nothing to me.

Birds of a feather flock together. ;)

The allegations mean nothing to me.

Birds of a feather flock together. ;)

And do you care to explain the "birds of a feather flock together" comment? Are you attacking my character? Are you attacking the character of everyone in his industry (homebuilders)? Are you attacking people running for public office in general? If so, I'm sorry but you don't know me and you are not in any way, shape or form qualified to make that judgment.

If you insist on making comments like this about people that choose to act responsibly and find out the facts for themselves, then I feel badly for you.

Edited by Beach Bum

Absolutely not - and are we supposed to believe any of it is true simply because some individual here on paulding.com sitting behind an anonymous screen name wrote it? I think not.

I am simply asking you and everyone else here to pick up the phone, send an email and communicate personally with the candidates on any concerns or questions they might have. It wouldn't be very responsible for you to just read what is being here by anonymous members hiding behind anonymous screen names now would it?

Really this whole thing can be put to rest pretty easy Steve Golden can come on P.com and explain to the readers as you have or you can post a copy of the e-mail that you sent Mr. Golden and his response, Pretty simple eh?

As a matter of information when was Mr. Golden on the School Board The best I can remember it had to be prior to 2004 election

• Like 1

And do you care to explain the "birds of a feather flock together" comment? Are you attacking my character? Are you attacking the character of everyone in his industry (homebuilders)? Are you attacking people running for public office in general? If so, I'm sorry but you don't know me and you are not in any way, shape or form qualified to make that judgment.

If you insist on making comments like this about people that choose to act responsibly and find out the facts for themselves, then I feel badly for you.

Wrong subject.

You asked about Golden and the allegations, not about you.

I used to work for Golden's boss. I have worked on Golden's mother's house. Yes, I knew his associates of that timeframe.

Really this whole thing can be put to rest pretty easy Steve Golden can come on P.com and explain to the readers as you have or you can post a copy of the e-mail that you sent Mr. Golden and his response, Pretty simple eh?

As a matter of information when was Mr. Golden on the School Board The best I can remember it had to be prior to 2004 election

Why in the world would he come on here? All the untruths, exaggerations, spinning, GOSSIP, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure he is choosing to spend his time and money in what he perceives as a more effective manner.

Paulding.com is not known to be the most effective form of communication in Paulding County (my humble opinion as an informed citizen) and a great deal of the population doesn't even know it exist.

Wrong subject.

You asked about Golden and the allegations, not about you.

I used to work for Golden's boss. I have worked on Golden's mother's house. Yes, I knew his associates of that timeframe.

And?

This issue will be resolved in the Friday edition of the Paulding.com News.

I will say that I'm sure that Steve Golden would be glad to visit with any person who called him but the reality is that with potentially 50,000+ voters in the district, it is simply more efficient to video the response to the allegation once for all to see. We've already had contact with Steve and I understand he half-way expected this allegation to surface and the word I have is he is prepared to respond.

pubby

PS: If you want to see the interview that LPPT had with Steve earlier this week, check out the special edition of the Paulding.com News for Tuesday, June 1 that is currently in the loop. (So see, BB, he has already come on Pcom's news.)

PPS: BB, I think everyone on here already knows that you wish they weren't on here and probably, like me, wonder, given your attitude, why you remain. Don't get me wrong, you're welcome to be here - really - but really.

Why in the world would he come on here? All the untruths, exaggerations, spinning, GOSSIP, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure he is choosing to spend his time and money in what he perceives as a more effective manner.

Paulding.com is not known to be the most effective form of communication in Paulding County (my humble opinion as an informed citizen) and a great deal of the population doesn't even know it exist.

And?

So you are not going to post the e-mail either, to clear up the matter?

You can visit his website at www.stevegoldenforgeorgia.com. If the answers are not there, I'm quite sure he will be glad to answer an email or phone call from you.

So you are not going to post the e-mail either, to clear up the matter?

I am not going to post my personal email information here. Are you going to post any of your personal emails you might have exchanged with any of the candidates?

Just pick up the phone, call him or email him. He is quite accessible and will be happy to answer your questions.

I will say that I'm sure that Steve Golden would be glad to visit with any person who called him but the reality is that with potentially 50,000+ voters in the district, it is simply more efficient to video the response to the allegation once for all to see. We've already had contact with Steve and I understand he half-way expected this allegation to surface and the word I have is he is prepared to respond.

pubby

PS: If you want to see the interview that LPPT had with Steve earlier this week, check out the special edition of the Paulding.com News for Tuesday, June 1 that is currently in the loop. (So see, BB, he has already come on Pcom's news.)

PPS: BB, I think everyone on here already knows that you wish they weren't on here and probably, like me, wonder, given your attitude, why you remain. Don't get me wrong, you're welcome to be here - really - but really.

Thanks Pubby for the information will check out the interview when it is posted, I hope that you ask when he was on the School Board It will be interesting to see if some of the posters were trying to spin the issue of the explosive growth as to the reason he voted for the tax increases

pubby

I didn't say he would not grant an interview via video. I didn't really say he would not post here, I simply said he (or any other candidate for that matter) might have chosen what they perceived as more effective methods of running their campaign.

I think I have heard some of those war drums too.unsure.gif

There is a limit & then you can cross that line,when it becomes a real bash then I think this group has had enough. Now since the records he looked at recently tell the oposite story of what he was saying. I think if we all tone it down more of our politicians will come on P.Com. And that's what we really want but form your opinion with out the bashing. I have been reformed,I know all three of the canidates for post 2 commissoner. Everyone of them I saw work hard in the past for our county. I have worked with Beverly and she is a very dedicated & committed to this county. She doesn't deserve the bashing she has gotten. Todd has worked on several campagns & the relay for life. I have opposed him in some races but he has done an excelent job. Adam I know very well he is a great family man. He is dedicated to the youth & has worked hard for this community.

So we have nothing but great choices this time now I will watch the beer come election time.

:drinks: :clapping: :yahoo:

I'll flock with you and never let you fly alone. :wub:

I am not going to post my personal email information here. Are you going to post any of your personal emails you might have exchanged with any of the candidates?

Just pick up the phone, call him or email him. He is quite accessible and will be happy to answer your questions.

Ahhh Just as I thought, I have never claimed that I had e-mail exchanges with any of the candidates, Like I said in the first post of this subject.................. Ahh never mind, You have a good and restful night, Get up in thr morning and re read your post, And feel free to make any retractions that you may feel necessary, Good nite

Ahhh Just as I thought, I have never claimed that I had e-mail exchanges with any of the candidates, Like I said in the first post of this subject.................. Ahh never mind, You have a good and restful night, Get up in thr morning and re read your post, And feel free to make any retractions that you may feel necessary, Good nite

I don't know if you had any email exchanges with any of the candidates. That is exactly why I said "any emails you MIGHT have exchanged.

Really Whitey - how hard is it to understand? I am simply stating that instead of relying on "hearsay" (from me or anyone else) to make your decision on how to vote, that it simply would be more responsible to make personal contact with the candidates they have questions or concerns about and hear it from the candidates themselves.

Edited by Beach Bum

Thanks Pubby for the information will check out the interview when it is posted, I hope that you ask when he was on the School Board It will be interesting to see if some of the posters were trying to spin the issue of the explosive growth as to the reason he voted for the tax increases

Actually, that fact - the term of his school board service (1988-2000) is detailed in the interview in the interview we posted today. LPPT didn't ask him directly about the board votes but I know for a fact that the county's population grew from 41611 in 1990 to 81,613 in 2000. In other words, it just about doubled. You might be aware that in 1990, Paulding County only had one High School. I don't think it was until 92-93 that EPHS opened and 95-96 before Hiram came on board.

Because of the screwy way the state distributes its aid to the school districts - the system effectively penalizes fast-growing systems in a number of ways (funding is based on last year's full time enrollment - which really hurts when the system is growing ten percent each year.)

As I recall, whatever tax increases during those years were justified. And minimal as Paulding was known to have the lowest total millage rate of any in the metro area.

The Steve Golden interview can be seen beginning about 2:55 into the above video. It lasts a little over 4 and a half minutes.

pubby

Actually, that fact - the term of his school board service (1988-2000) is detailed in the interview in the interview we posted today. LPPT didn't ask him directly about the board votes but I know for a fact that the county's population grew from 41611 in 1990 to 81,613 in 2000. In other words, it just about doubled. You might be aware that in 1990, Paulding County only had one High School. I don't think it was until 92-93 that EPHS opened and 95-96 before Hiram came on board.

Because of the screwy way the state distributes its aid to the school districts - the system effectively penalizes fast-growing systems in a number of ways (funding is based on last year's full time enrollment - which really hurts when the system is growing ten percent each year.)

As I recall, whatever tax increases during those years were justified. And minimal as Paulding was known to have the lowest total millage rate of any in the metro area.

<object width="560" height="340" id="lsplayer" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=pauldingcom&clip=flv_256ae532-6173-48ba-89c1-2e3f69927a3d&autoPlay=false&mute=false"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed name="lsplayer" wmode="transparent" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=pauldingcom&clip=flv_256ae532-6173-48ba-89c1-2e3f69927a3d&autoPlay=false&mute=false" width="560" height="340" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="font-size: 11px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;width:560px"><a href="http://www.livestream.com/pauldingcom?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Watch pauldingcom">pauldingcom</a> on livestream.com. <a href="http://www.livestream.com/?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Broadcast Live on PCOMTV">Broadcast Live on PCOMTV</a></div>

The Steve Golden interview can be seen beginning about 2:55 into the above video. It lasts a little over 4 and a half minutes.

pubby

Good interview. Looks like Steve is making himself available for questions with the events at the Paulding Chamber office, Stars & Strikes and at the event at White Oak Park. Hopefully, the voters will take the opportunity to attend these events and ask questions.

• Like 1

It is my understanding that the school systems doubled in size due to Paulding County’s growth explosion between the years of 1999 & 2008. Goldens term on BOE was previous to those years, please do not quote me but I believe the years he served were between 88 - 99 which would contradict the fact that he consistently voted for tax increases in order to build new schools.

Having said that, I also agree with the earlier statement that we should not be basing this election on the voting history of the BOE.

Getting to know the individual candidates goals & interests for Paulding County would always be done best by contacting them personally or attending any of the local Meet & Greets.

<object width="560" height="340" id="lsplayer" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=pauldingcom&clip=flv_256ae532-6173-48ba-89c1-2e3f69927a3d&autoPlay=false&mute=false"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed name="lsplayer" wmode="transparent" src="http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=pauldingcom&clip=flv_256ae532-6173-48ba-89c1-2e3f69927a3d&autoPlay=false&mute=false" width="560" height="340" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="font-size: 11px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;width:560px"><a href="http://www.livestream.com/pauldingcom?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Watch pauldingcom">pauldingcom</a> on livestream.com. <a href="http://www.livestream.com/?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Broadcast Live on PCOMTV">Broadcast Live on PCOMTV</a></div>

pubby

Man, could you get any closer to his face?

It is my understanding that the school systems doubled in size due to Paulding County’s growth explosion between the years of 1999 & 2008. Goldens term on BOE was previous to those years, please do not quote me but I believe the years he served were between 88 - 99 which would contradict the fact that he consistently voted for tax increases in order to build new schools.

Having said that, I also agree with the earlier statement that we should not be basing this election on the voting history of the BOE.

Getting to know the individual candidates goals & interests for Paulding County would always be done best by contacting them personally or attending any of the local Meet & Greets.

I love it when someone actually does research! Not sure if it's accurate but at least you're adding some data to the conversation.