Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

But that would also pertain to any candidate who has or will run in a special election.

I have seen his voting record along with his reasons for voting the way he did.

You know I am supporting Paulette but that doesn't mean I cannot say that Daniel didn't do what he said he was going to do. Yes, he missed some important legislation but he does have a record, regardless.

Since you're supporting Paulette, do you also support higher taxes? Should we all get behind someone who might vote to raise our taxes? Is that not her voting record?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

If you look at the record, Steve Golden voted to raise taxes 4 times when he was on the BOE. Paulette voted voted AGAINST every tax increase on the BOE except one. She was not in favor of tax increases, and spoke against them. I don't know why she voted for the last one.

Daniel voted against taxes in his short time in office.

Steve never stood up for anything and will nod his head on anything.

Edited by chickenbob

If you look at the record, Steve Golden voted to raise taxes 4 times when he was on the BOE. Paulette voted voted AGAINST every tax increase on the BOE except one. She was not in favor of tax increases, and spoke against them. I don't know why she voted for the last one.

Daniel voted against taxes in his short time in office.

Steve never stood up for anything and will nod his head on anything.

What year was that and where is your proof? I think if you are trying to measure baggage you better look at the baggage and history Daniel has before trying to trash Steve Golden. This election seems to be about how much mud can be slung. nea.gif Don't think you are helping Paulette with this post about her voting for tax increases.

Since you're supporting Paulette, do you also support higher taxes? Should we all get behind someone who might vote to raise our taxes? Is that not her voting record?

unsure.gif I'm a little surprised at that one from you.

The votes on taxes increases are public record.

Can you tell me what years Golden served on the BOE? Do you know? What were the votes for? New schools? Increase in teachers or their pay? Details please!

Can you tell me what years Golden served on the BOE? Do you know? What were the votes for? New schools? Increase in teachers or their pay? Details please!

I think late 80's through the 90's before the high county growth. He was a yes man and will be again. Our test scores and graduation rates were in the toilet.

Daniel at least stood up to the establishment though I don't like the fact that he had an affair with his mother in law. He is my second choice.

Avery is a Democrat, nuff said.

Braddock will stand up and not be in the builder's pocket to push their shoddy house building agenda on our county.

No it is not although she did one time and the one she did vote yes on, it would not have mattered since the rest voted to raise the tax which with her no vote, wouldn't have mattered. She does regret it.

She was the most anti-tax person on the board and when the rest wanted to raise the tax, she was always the loner and they would always put pressure on her but she didn't bend. She has said many times that raising taxes is not always the answer but the rest did not want to hear of it.

You can ask her about all of this now by contacting her or on June 19th at the Republican Meet and Great and White Oak Park.

I asked her about this tax stuff and she was straight forward with me on it.

So overall, no, she is not for increasing taxes regardless of what anyone says.

I think late 80's through the 90's before the high county growth. He was a yes man and will be again. Our test scores and graduation rates were in the toilet.

Daniel at least stood up to the establishment though I don't like the fact that he had an affair with his mother in law. He is my second choice.

Avery is a Democrat, nuff said.

Braddock will stand up and not be in the builder's pocket to push their shoddy house building agenda on our county.

Boy you really don't know much do you? I suggest before you start making accusations you go and get facts to back them up. Who are you getting this info from and what stake do they have in this election? I think taking someone else's word rather than having personal knowledge of the facts can prove to be a huge mistake.dry.gif I still want to know why Stout quit his job at the bank. Since you are supporting him too, do you have the answer for that? In this economy would you say that was a wise decision? Course I don't know what kind of new business he is involved in, do you?

Who backed Paulette in the past? Wouldn't have been some of those evil builders you are trashing, would it? Just asking. From what I know of Golden he was a small business man trying to make a living like most folks here in Paulding and he also tried to serve this community. I welcome all information as long as it is true and valid to this election. I really don't care much for mud slinging just for the sake of tarnishing the other guy.

Actually I know more than you think. I watched both Golden and Braddock on the board, and she is definitely the better candidate of the two. The FACT is, on taxes, Braddock mostly voted against them, Golden ALWAYS voted for them, public record, and a FACT. The fact that Golden never stood up for anything, matter of opinion, but you can ask any former board member that served with him or BOE employee that attended board meetings during that time and they will tell you.

Building crappy houses, ask anyone that lives in the houses Golden built with Steve Simpson and the other builders he has worked with.

I don't know why Stout quit his job, you're right, not smart.

I believe Paulette has backed herself financially, I don't know that, but it is public record too if you want to look it up.

I haven't looked at Goldens financial disclosures for past elections, but the builders are backing him in this race. The people that attended that his kickoff this week and gave him money, Bill Carruth, David Austin, Tom Cable, Carlton Rakestraw, Mickey Womble and several others that are all members of the Paulding Builders Association and trying to get their puppet elected. They've been pulling the puppet strings on candidates for far too long. They were behind Shearin, then backed Austin, and they have someone running in every election in the county this time.

2 of the 3 republicans in the district 19 race have served on the school board, but I don't believe in any other elected capacity. Are we really going to make this about their BOE voting records? Because if we are, why don't we just pull both of their records during the time on the board and publish them instead of making this about what we think those voting records are.

Does past performance determine future performance?

Actually I know more than you think. I watched both Golden and Braddock on the board, and she is definitely the better candidate of the two. The FACT is, on taxes, Braddock mostly voted against them, Golden ALWAYS voted for them, public record, and a FACT. The fact that Golden never stood up for anything, matter of opinion, but you can ask any former board member that served with him or BOE employee that attended board meetings during that time and they will tell you.

Building crappy houses, ask anyone that lives in the houses Golden built with Steve Simpson and the other builders he has worked with.

I believe Paulette has backed herself financially, I don't know that, but it is public record too if you want to look it up.

I haven't looked at Goldens financial disclosures for past elections, but the builders are backing him in this race. The people that attended that his kickoff this week and gave him money, Bill Carruth, David Austin, Tom Cable, Carlton Rakestraw, Mickey Womble and several others that are all members of the Paulding Builders Association and trying to get their puppet elected. They've been pulling the puppet strings on candidates for far too long. They were behind Shearin, then backed Austin, and they have someone running in every election in the county this time.

You sure are mixing your political allies here. Don't think I would EVER lump Austin and Shearin in the same group!!! I want facts too and not just "this is true because I say it is". I don't waste my vote that way. Politics is a nasty business and I plan to check out the Candidates I vote for. I will not just take some one's word about them on p.com. Prove the accusations against Mr. Golden. I don't care who is backing him as long as they have a stake in Paulding County and they are doing it because they believe he is the best one to serve the interests of the citizens of Paulding County. Last time I looked the majority of jobs here depended on the building industry in one way or another. It is the kind of building and how it is controlled that is so very important. Seems to me that the kind of building is/was controlled by the BOC. You better look at what Main issue Stout supports and look at where his backing comes from before you start putting down Mr. Golden.

Why would anyone stoop that low? It's almost like the voters don't have much to choose from in this particular race.

I believe that the record will reflect that both Golden and Braddock were very liberal when it came to imposing tax increases while serving on the school board.

Can you point out some of the tax Increases that Braddock opposed?

What year was that and where is your proof? I think if you are trying to measure baggage you better look at the baggage and history Daniel has before trying to trash Steve Golden. This election seems to be about how much mud can be slung. nea.gif Don't think you are helping Paulette with this post about her voting for tax increases.

I think Steve Golden's website said Board of Ed. for 12 years. Circa 1988 -2000. He DID vote for several tax increases while there, because I was in on many of the meetings back then. However, I do not recall what each one was for. Also, I looked up Daniel Stout's voting record and he missed over 40 votes from the day he took office on 3/4/10 to the last day of session on 4/29/10, Most are just listed a "not voting" rather than "excused". I found his voting record on the Ga legislative website, which is public record. Paulette actually was interviewed about her one tax increase vote and she expressed regret because she had never voted for any tax before or after that one. It would have passed without her vote , but I think she saw it as her only regrettable vote. If asked, I guess Steve might say the same about his various tax votes. No one is right all the time, I guess.

I believe that the record will reflect that both Golden and Braddock were very liberal when it came to imposing tax increases while serving on the school board.

I think Steve Golden's website said Board of Ed. for 12 years. Circa 1988 -2000. He DID vote for several tax increases while there, because I was in on many of the meetings back then. However, I do not recall what each one was for. Also, I looked up Daniel Stout's voting record and he missed over 40 votes from the day he took office on 3/4/10 to the last day of session on 4/29/10, Most are just listed a "not voting" rather than "excused". I found his voting record on the Ga legislative website, which is public record. Paulette actually was interviewed about her one tax increase vote and she expressed regret because she had never voted for any tax before or after that one. It would have passed without her vote , but I think she saw it as her only regrettable vote. If asked, I guess Steve might say the same about his various tax votes. No one is right all the time, I guess.

Paulette struggled as a school board member. Why would anyone think she was capable of being a state representative?

You are a fool.

Should people call YOU a fool for having your own opinion? Everyone can do their own research and determine which candidate has the best intent, prior voting record, character, leadership and business sense to represent Paulding. To assume they won't do this or haven't already, would be dare I say it,... "foolish".

Braddock was on the BOE for 8 years and opposed EVERY tax increase except for the very last one in term that ended in 2008. She has since expressed regret at the vote, as she thought it was going to serve a different purpose than it did. I have no idea if Steve Golden has been asked to address the many tax increases he voted for, or what they ultimately accomplished for the county.

Braddock was on the BOE for 8 years and opposed EVERY tax increase except for the very last one in term that ended in 2008. She has since expressed regret at the vote, as she thought it was going to serve a different purpose than it did. I have no idea if Steve Golden has been asked to address the many tax increases he voted for, or what they ultimately accomplished for the county.

What tax increase did Braddock vote for?

Paulette struggled as a school board member. Why would anyone think she was capable of being a state representative?

As I recall, her only "struggle" was against all the other board members who were voting FOR tax increases, while she voted NO on tax ncreases 9 out of 10 times. Also, she was a great proponent of school vouchers, which others opposed, as well. That is what made her capable of standing up on the state level, in my humble opinion.

Paulette is President/CEO at Atlanta Marketing Solutions.

President/CEO

Atlanta Marketing Solutions

(Marketing and Advertising industry)

October 1988 — Present (21 years 8 months)

Is this the same company that went bankrupt?

Is this the same company that went bankrupt?

I know for a fact she has been still running this company and is doing well. As for Steven Golden he took alot of money from homebuyers on Old Catervilles Rd in Dallas spent it, and then filed Bankrupcy, and the homebuyers lost their money!

I know for a fact she has been still running this company and is doing well. As for Steven Golden he took alot of money from homebuyers on Old Catervilles Rd in Dallas spent it, and then filed Bankrupcy, and the homebuyers lost their money!

How did he do this?

• Like 1

I don't know how he did it, but a friend of mine lost $8000 they put down on a house off Old Cartersville Rd. and when they were told they had to sue to get their money back, they were told to "get in line". It's a shame that builders can do this to ordinary people. They had been saving their money for a LONG TIME to buy that house. They weren't the only ones that got screwed, everyone that put money down to buy a house lost it.

I don't know how he did it, but a friend of mine lost $8000 they put down on a house off Old Cartersville Rd. and when they were told they had to sue to get their money back, they were told to "get in line". It's a shame that builders can do this to ordinary people. They had been saving their money for a LONG TIME to buy that house. They weren't the only ones that got screwed, everyone that put money down to buy a house lost it.

Are you saying that Steve Golden did this?

There are four posts that involve an allegation regarding a local builder running for the General Assembly, Post 19 that asserted that some of those who bought homes from his company were left high and dry. I have since had assertions that while there was some disruption, reparations were made. However, everything I have heard is nothing but hearsay and should not be considered fact. When I make a report, it will be based on facts.

I will be in contact with those posting regarding the allegations made.

pubby

I would still like a reply as to what Tax increase that Braddock voted against

What tax increase did Braddock vote for?

The Paulding BOE records are available online but only go back to 2004. This time period only covers 1/2 of Braddocks term and none of Golden's. You can see there,where Braddock voted against tax increases. Only those who were present or who recall, can attest to answer why Golden voted for the increases. Maybe he or someone in his campaign can clarify what they were for or what their purpose was.

The Paulding BOE records are available online but only go back to 2004. This time period only covers 1/2 of Braddocks term and none of Golden's. You can see there,where Braddock voted against tax increases. Only those who were present or who recall, can attest to answer why Golden voted for the increases. Maybe he or someone in his campaign can clarify what they were for or what their purpose was.

You can file an open records request and find all the past votes for all former board memebers.

You implied in a post That Braddock only voted for one tax increase, Again I ask which one did she vote for?

The last time I did open records request at the BOE, They wanted to charge me Hundreds of dollars for the information>

A person can't do both?

My point is trying to do anything with Right to Life Legislation is vote pandering and a total waste of time until the Supreme Court over rules Roe v Wade. This issue has been presented time and time before and the outcome is, and will remain the same.

So to base your platform on RTL is really nothing more than vote pandering. How about instead he tells us how he feels about instituting Impact Fees to help cover the cost of schooling our kids. And reforming the banking laws his predecessor had changed so all of these fly by night banks could get started...and then fail. What exactly is he planning to do for Paulding ? Lord knows we need someone under the Gold Dome looking out for the average tax payer citizen of Paulding as we have not had anyone in close to 12 years now.

• Like 1

You implied in a post That Braddock only voted for one tax increase, Again I ask which one did she vote for?

The last time I did open records request at the BOE, They wanted to charge me Hundreds of dollars for the information>

Look, I find out what I need to know on my own through research and by personal interactions with candidates. If you want the truth and are not lazy, you can find it. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding being charged a fee for what is PUBLIC information.

My point is trying to do anything with Right to Life Legislation is vote pandering and a total waste of time until the Supreme Court over rules Roe v Wade. This issue has been presented time and time before and the outcome is, and will remain the same.

So to base your platform on RTL is really nothing more than vote pandering. How about instead he tells us how he feels about instituting Impact Fees to help cover the cost of schooling our kids. And reforming the banking laws his predecessor had changed so all of these fly by night banks could get started...and then fail. What exactly is he planning to do for Paulding ? Lord knows we need someone under the Gold Dome looking out for the average tax payer citizen of Paulding as we have not had anyone in close to 12 years now.

I am going to give you some good advice,you recently looked into some records. Now you gave out some bad info. Now I hear bad war drums and personally I would worry a little bit about you being sued. I over heard this pow wow,they not smokem peace pipe either.

If you need to hide in my cave for awhile I understand because I think you might have gone too far.

But hey do what you want but just a word to the wise. :drinks:

• Like 2