Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

Here's the first Paulding.com Political Poll.

How are folks doing?

What are my favorite candidates prospects?

Who is going to win?

Who is out of the running?

Maybe the results of this poll set to run through June 6, will give us a clue.

pubby

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

Well gosh, golly darn BB.

Without your vote this whole poll will just be totally irrelevant won't it.

You just have to go and spoil everything for the entire p.com crowd.

You Old Meanie!ninja.gif

• Like 1

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here. As far as I know, his child does not attend Paulding County schools. I don't like that at all. I hope to get to Paulette Braddock's event to meet her also.

Well gosh, golly darn BB.

Without your vote this whole poll will just be totally irrelevant won't it.

You just have to go and spoil everything for the entire p.com crowd.

You Old Meanie!ninja.gif

EXACTLY why I said "not that it matters". You might want to read the entire post before you make absurd statements like this.

• Like 1

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here. As far as I know, his child does not attend Paulding County schools. I don't like that at all. I hope to get to Paulette Braddock's event to meet her also.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a rocking chair? I don't want any public official using my tax dollars with credentials like his.

• Like 2

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a rocking chair? I don't want any public official using my tax dollars with credentials like his.

The above is about one of the most untrue statements I have ever read and I truly cannot believe you would make such a statement to the general public like that. Steve Golden in my opinion is a good Chirstian person with integrity, honesty and is a person of great character.

• Like 1

The above is about one of the most untrue statements I have ever read and I truly cannot believe you would make such a statement to the general public like that. Steve Golden in my opinion is a good Chirstian person with integrity, honesty and is a person of great character.

Not my fault that you choose to be uninformed.

Pubby, Isn't Bill Heath up for re-election? Doesn't he represent a large portion of Paulding? Will he be added to the list of candidates?

Wish that once you vote, you see the results from that point forward and not just the votes up until the time you voted.

From the list of candidates running, it appears it does not much matter who you vote for or against. A large number of the people seem to be well connected to the Paulding County "good ole boy" system.

Pubby, Isn't Bill Heath up for re-election? Doesn't he represent a large portion of Paulding? Will he be added to the list of candidates?

Wish that once you vote, you see the results from that point forward and not just the votes up until the time you voted.

From the list of candidates running, it appears it does not much matter who you vote for or against. A large number of the people seem to be well connected to the Paulding County "good ole boy" system.

31st Senate District: Tracy Gene Bennett (D), Pete Bridges ®,

Bill Heath (R-Incumbent)

Wow, I am speechless. No wonder the majority of candidates will not come on here. I wouldn't want or appreciate a site where someone can be trashed anonymously like you just have. :unsure:

Edited by TwoKidCircus

That is about the most tacky thing I have ever seen someone post here. You should be embarrassed and your post removed.

I wish there were more Democrats running.

Me too. You can't ever get enough reminders of where this country shouldn't go. Keep the faith.

That is about the most tacky thing I have ever seen someone post here. You should be embarrassed and your post removed.

Me too. You can't ever get enough reminders of where this country shouldn't go. Keep the faith.

:rofl: :rofl:

Who are you campaigning for? Stout or Avery? Don't tell me it is Braddock! You have lost credibility before you earned any as far as I am concerned!

You are the uninformed one in this thread. One of the things you are most uninformed about is the level of insults that are allowed here.dry.gif

I am courious about how much of his campaign contributions are coming from Paulding.

Some people might call that first comment worthy of slander, if you don't have the proof to back it up. I assume that you don't have that proof, so at the best your comment is an uncalled for insult made anonymously. In this case the poor reflection lands on the person making the derogatory statement, not the target.

• Like 2

I just fired Dick Donovan as my attorney in a child custody suit. My NEW lawyer went to the courthouse to get my file and Donovan FAILED to file all of the necessary motions. It's a fairly routine custody/visitation situation and he managed to SCREW IT UP ROYALLY.

In addition to not filing the proper paperwork (and this all started in January, so it's not a recent thing), he showed up LATE for court without notifying me somehow he wan't going to be there until later, he was UNPREPARED to defend my case to the judge.

I wasn't aware when I hired him, but I was later told by many people that this is pretty par for him.

My concern is that he was unable to properly handle a CIVIL matter so how the hell is he going to manage to handle a criminal matter?

i voted NO on the SPLOST. (the local government and school system throws money out the window, why agree to give them more?)

I voted AGAINST Paulette Braddock (she got booted off the school board...wonder why?)

I also voted against Beverly Cochran (her past association with Jerry Shearin makes me suspicious of her)

I don't know the District Attorney, Post 3 or Post 4 opponents, however Mr. Pownall for Post 2 seems like a great choice. Mr. Gregory has good credentials too.

A couple of things.

First, JJ and Confederate Rose ... the reason that I didn't include the Senate race is that Paulding is only a portion of Bill Heath's 31st Senate district. There are tons of votes in Bartow and Haralson counties. This compares to the remainder of the races which are 100 percent Paulding.

Second I could find no known common insult that involved rocking chairs and grandma's. Given my last grandmother died in 1952, I would be overjoyed to have even had the opportunity to sell any of my grandmothers a rocking chair. I'm clueless of why that is considered even approaching libelous. Maybe someone could clue me.

And finally, as to beach bum, she's mad at me because I didn't 'turn off' her premium membership in March '09 when it expired, an oversight that I apologize for.

pubby

PS: There is no religious test possible under the constitution for public office so whether or not Mr. Golden is a Christian, Jew, athiest, Muslim or Buddist is really not a concern. Second, and no offense Biker Dave, I wouldn't typically look to a person with a moniker that begins with "biker" as one that I would normally ascribe expertise in religion. Finally, there are many Christians I've come to know as brothers whose allegiance to the religion is not based on the perfection of their deportment but rather on the forgiveness Christianity offers.

Well, you obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden either! That was as close to ignorant a post as I have seen here so far....and there have been many!

I've worked with and around Steve Golden for years and he is about the best in his profession I have ever dealt with! And often refer clients to him because I know he will get the job done right the first time!

Some people might call that first comment worthy of slander, if you don't have the proof to back it up. I assume that you don't have that proof, so at the best your comment is an uncalled for insult made anonymously. In this case the poor reflection lands on the person making the derogatory statement, not the target.

Since when did that stop anybody here?

A couple of things.

First, JJ and Confederate Rose ... the reason that I didn't include the Senate race is that Paulding is only a portion of Bill Heath's 31st Senate district. There are tons of votes in Bartow and Haralson counties. This compares to the remainder of the races which are 100 percent Paulding.

Second I could find no known common insult that involved rocking chairs and grandma's. Given my last grandmother died in 1952, I would be overjoyed to have even had the opportunity to sell any of my grandmothers a rocking chair. I'm clueless of why that is considered even approaching libelous. Maybe someone could clue me.

And finally, as to beach bum, she's mad at me because I didn't 'turn off' her premium membership in March '09 when it expired, an oversight that I apologize for.

pubby

PS: There is no religious test possible under the constitution for public office so whether or not Mr. Golden is a Christian, Jew, athiest, Muslim or Buddist is really not a concern. Second, and no offense Biker Dave, I wouldn't typically look to a person with a moniker that begins with "biker" as one that I would normally ascribe expertise in religion. Finally, there are many Christians I've come to know as brothers whose allegiance to the religion is not based on the perfection of their deportment but rather on the forgiveness Christianity offers.

Maybe you just didn't get that particular insult Pubby!laugh.gif

Maybe you just didn't get that particular insult Pubby!laugh.gif

I didn't get it at all. I'd have gotten it if it were something like:

Yo grammy is so ugly she scares the roaches away or, your grammy is so greasy she sweats Crisco or, Yo grammy is so poor she goes to Kentucky Fried Chicken to lick other people's fingers or; Yo grammy aint so bad...she would give you the hair off of her back!

The subtlety of Biker Dave's comment just baffles me.

pubby

I didn't get it at all. I'd have gotten it if it were something like:

The subtlety of Biker Dave's comment just baffles me.

pubby

Actually, it wasn't that subtle. blink.gif You really should get out more. rofl.gif

A couple of things.

pubby

You can rest assured Pubby that is not a problem with me as this site will never get another dime of my hard earned money! I simply will not monetarily support a site that allows some of the things that get posted here - doesn't mean it is right or wrong, it simply means that is my individual choice to choose not to contribute monetarily to that cause!

You did however neglect to tell everyone how (way back in 2007) I came into your office, paid my membership and it took you months to activate my account as a premium member. It wasn't until I brought it to your attention a couple of times that you activated my premium membership. Oh well....I guess the "devil is in the details, right"? :lol:

Edited by Beach Bum

A couple of things.

pubby

Pubby, the insult was the selling of his grandma's rocking chair by Mr. Golden, if I read this correctly.

Winchester, do I know you? Does Lake Swan ring a bell?

Wow! I hope you never found out what I did when I was 19!.....I may not even be worthy enough to reply to your posts....btw, Daniel's daughter attends a private school....regardless of what anyone has said he is a great father who cares very deeply for her....the children should be off limits to the judging of other. Also where God leads us to attend Church is between us and Him. That a candidate attends Church should be blessing enough. And as for his job, unless the state of GA decides to move the capital building from Fulton Co to Paulding Co, there is nothing he can do about the location of his job since that is where he works

Edited by danna672

Wow! I hope you never found out what I did when I was 19!.....I may not even be worthy enough to reply to your posts....btw, Daniel's daughter attends a private school....regardless of what anyone has said he is a great father who cares very deeply for her....the children should be off limits to the judging of other. Also where God leads us to attend Church is between us and Him. That a candidate attends Church should be blessing enough. And as for his job, unless the state of GA decides to move the capital building from Fulton Co to Paulding Co, there is nothing he can do about the location of his job since that is where he works

My frustration with Mr. Stout is not about what happened when he was 19.

I have similar views to the person you were responding to, and my point is that he isn't truly vested in Paulding County. His only involvment with Paulding prior to running for the 19th district seat was the RTL.

My frustration with Mr. Stout is not about what happened when he was 19.

I have similar views to the person you were responding to, and my point is that he isn't truly vested in Paulding County. His only involvment with Paulding prior to running for the 19th district seat was the RTL.

I have issues with were the money to run his campaign comes from because I would like to know that the people of Pauding are supporting this candidate. After all that is where the people he will be representing live, isn't it? I think he is a Banker and I did not know his office was at the Capital Building as stated by another poster. I want my Representative to have knowledge of more than one issue and to have his/her focus on more than one issue. We need Jobs and a better economy among other things in Paulding. How is he going to try and address those issues and others that impact us so much? Are his concerns and interests in Paulding County and with the residents in Paulding or is his community involvement and interests placed in Cobb and other Counties? Yes, I do think it is relevent to this election.rolleyes.gif

I for one am not going to be snowed by some who claim conservatism now and whose record in the past doesn't fit the bill. You raise my taxes and you lose my vote. Rino's don't have a place on my platform. (Except the one on my avatar)

I for one am not going to be snowed by some who claim conservatism now and whose record in the past doesn't fit the bill. You raise my taxes and you lose my vote. Rino's don't have a place on my platform. (Except the one on my avatar)

Don't think you have too. Have you met Steve Golden? I met him a few nights ago and I liked him. I want to hear more from him.