Paulding.com

Who will be our Governor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Pat Hughes, "forcibly" is a strong word, which is why I was careful to put significant context around it, helping the (unbiased?) reader to understand that I was not implying physical violence.

We certainly have not been better off under the Perdue-Richardson rule. I would hope we can return to another 150 years without a Republican in the governor office.

The above doesn't sound "neutral" -- I was just asking for what makes someone "too far right" as opposed to "just right enough." You raised the distinction, I didn't.   If you wish to leave the spe

Please don't get me wrong, I am not talking up for this guy. But a restaining order is not a criminal charge. I could go get a restaining order on you now if I wanted and we have never met. I use to server R/O's and they are not usually worth the paper they are writen on.

No, it's not a criminal charge. And, yes you could ASK for a restraining order and I'd be served. Then we would both appear in court and in order to be issued that restraining order you would have to prove your case before the judge. So, no. You could NOT have a restraining order against me, I've never threatened you in any manner. Your case would be impossible to prove.

Is the restraining order issued against McBerry a conviction? No. The letter does indicate some underlying psychological issues.

What if there were an independant, or libertarian, that fit your views better than the standard two parties mentioned in the last 2 posts?

I would consider voting for them.

I am not married to either party. I usually vote Republican because the are usually closer to my beliefs than Dems; but I haven't been very happy with them in the last few years either. I have voted for conservative Democrats, though they are all but extinct now.

Ultimately, I vote for the candidate that most closely matches my beliefs. The only exception to that would be if that candidate can't possibly win, and voting for them could put the less desirable candidate in office.

• Like 1

I was ask what I think is too far right or left.

It would be a knee jerk reaction to the issue of the day that would make a candidate claim that he would fix the problem by throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Age and wisdom tells you that the baby is important, the dirty water is extremism.

We as citizens should absolutely know where the lines in the road are and require that those elected to serve keep it between the lines.

I don't expect that any politician cater to my point of view or over react to my personal dissatisfaction, but that they see the big picture and do their best for the majority.

We get what we demand, if you live your personal life in the extreme and are always finding yourself on the edge of a ditch, you will elect people that take you to the edge of the ditch constantly.

I find it tedious and tiring riding on the edge all the time.

I really want a moderate conservative for a change.

I manage to find them sporting R's. D's and I's on there chest.

I am looking for someone that stands behind there beliefs and will not follow a minority wanting extreme actions.

I would consider voting for them.

I am not married to either party. I usually vote Republican because the are usually closer to my beliefs than Dems; but I haven't been very happy with them in the last few years either. I have voted for conservative Democrats, though they are all but extinct now.

Ultimately, I vote for the candidate that most closely matches my beliefs. The only exception to that would be if that candidate can't possibly win, and voting for them could put the less desirable candidate in office.

Ding ding. We have a winner. For the record, my first vote was cast for a Democrat, Congressman Sonny Montgomery.

Watching Pat Hughes spin in the wind trying to change the subject is a nice start for the day.

I was ask what I think is too far right or left.

We as citizens should absolutely know where the lines in the road are and require that those elected to serve keep it between the lines.

I really want a moderate conservative for a change.

Please tell us then, LPPT - where are the lines between too far right, too far left, and "moderate conservative?"

Ding ding. We have a winner. For the record, my first vote was cast for a Democrat, Congressman Sonny Montgomery.

Watching Pat Hughes spin in the wind trying to change the subject is a nice start for the day.

Please tell us then, LPPT - where are the lines between too far right, too far left, and "moderate conservative?"

Far left and far right are both the same creatures.

Both seek to control the majority of people and remove their freedom.

Each in their own way cater to the lowest common human trait.

Humans are animals that work towards comfort, animals work to survive.

The objective is the same to set themselves and their cronies up as rulers of the people.

They both promise us comfort at the same level to gain the highest level of comfort for themselves and a minority of those that will support them.

I have watched us become enslaved to comfort and the comfort level steadily decline.

My little visit to DC this spring re-enforced my suspicion of this.

I went to utopia were people were virtually untouched by the recession we are all suffering from.

I realized that this did not come about in a few months or years.

The only way this could have been done is that both parties are working towards the same objective.

My answer might ultimately be that anyone running for office in this day and time is too far left or right.

Nobody wants conservatism so why would a true conservative run? they have to label themselves and quack like a duck to get elected.

True, just like some would vote Republican no matter what. :rofl:

This is true for both parties, and IMO not funny.

If one votes for a candidate based on party affiliation only, then they are ignorant of what they are actually voting for. This happens all too often.

JJ - this isn't directed at you, just in general.

Anyway, at this point my support is for Karen Handel. I will probably stick with her, as I have supported and thought very highly of her for a long time.

New Jersey kicked out their Democrat governor, Jon Corzine, a model of fiscal irresponsibility and corruption and replaced him with common sense, Chris Christie. Good for New Jersey!!

Now, New Jersey's problem is taxes in the stratosphere. Property taxes are roughly 10 times more than Georgia... in large part because houses there are priced much higher.

But the result is they're running ordinary people out of state. Another gift from democrats.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not talking up for this guy. But a restaining order is not a criminal charge. I could go get a restaining order on you now if I wanted and we have never met. I use to server R/O's and they are not usually worth the paper they are writen on.

If you will dig a little deeper, you will find that he was not prosecuted only because the young alleged victim decided not to testify, and did not show up at a probable cause hearing. Upon reading the notes from investigators, witnesses, and the family, the judge issued the restraining order on his own volition, without the victim or her family present, saying later that he believed that there were indications that McBerry had likely acted at least inappropriately.

Rachel's Statement

Letter from McBerry to Rachel and her family

Further the Georgia Professional Standards Commission found that he did violate professional standards and suspended McBerry's Teaching Certificate.

GPSC Case Summary - Ray McBerry

Certainly it is up to you to make your mind up if this is appropriate behavior, but the lack of a prosecution does not necessarily mean the lack of a crime. It is true that he has not been convicted in a Court of Law, but his own letter in his own handwriting, combined with the other statements and evidence certainly would lead me to believe that what he did would amount to a crime if prosecuted, and at the very least was way out of line for any adult, let alone a teacher and pastor who should have acted as a role model for the child, not a peer or a suitor.

If you will dig a little deeper, you will find that he was not prosecuted only because the young alleged victim decided not to testify, and did not show up at a probable cause hearing. Upon reading the notes from investigators, witnesses, and the family, the judge issued the restraining order on his own volition, without the victim or her family present, saying later that he believed that there were indications that McBerry had likely acted at least inappropriately.

Rachel's Statement

Letter from McBerry to Rachel and her family

Further the Georgia Professional Standards Commission found that he did violate professional standards and suspended McBerry's Teaching Certificate.

GPSC Case Summary - Ray McBerry

Certainly it is up to you to make your mind up if this is appropriate behavior, but the lack of a prosecution does not necessarily mean the lack of a crime. It is true that he has not been convicted in a Court of Law, but his own letter in his own handwriting, combined with the other statements and evidence certainly would lead me to believe that what he did would amount to a crime if prosecuted, and at the very least was way out of line for any adult, let alone a teacher and pastor who should have acted as a role model for the child, not a peer or a suitor.

I guess no body read my comments that: I'm not taking up for this guy? I do not condone what he did, I don't like it either. I've said that several times. I was only stating that he has not been charged with a crime. In fact, the act is not criminal is the student was 16 or older. Immoral, you bet. But not criminal. But is adultery is still on the legal books in Georgia and didn't we just elect someone to office with this accusation?

I guess no body read my comments that: I'm not taking up for this guy? I do not condone what he did, I don't like it either. I've said that several times. I was only stating that he has not been charged with a crime. In fact, the act is not criminal is the student was 16 or older. Immoral, you bet. But not criminal. But is adultery is still on the legal books in Georgia and didn't we just elect someone to office with this accusation?

NO! WE didn't. They did!!!

rolleyes.gif

I saw your post, and I understand that you don't condone his behavior. The person in custody laws in Georgia were somewhat vague as it concerns a 16 year old at the time. This was before the genius lawyer and the idiot judge decided that the law needed to be rewritten and "clarified", allowing a child molester to go free. Furthermore, the charges were to be interference with custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, not statutory rape, as she had not yet stated that the relationship involved coitus. His letter as much as admits these criminal charges are accurate, as do his statements to the GPSC. He was accused by the girl and her parents of a crime and admits to being with the girl on multiple occasions after being told to stay away from her by her parents and the Pastor of the Church. He further admits to giving her a cell phone so they could talk without her parents knowing about it. What he admittedly did indeed was and still is a crime against a child. That crime could not be prosecuted because the girl did not want to testify, and she and her parents missed a preliminary hearing, forcing the judge to drop the charges.

I think that this makes him a less than desirable candidate to run the State of Georgia. BTW,I did not nor would I vote for either Richardson or Stout because I believe that the way you treat your spouse says a lot about how you will treat the people of the State. If you will hurt the one that you profess to love and respect the most, then you might just disregard other responsibilities that don't suit you at the time. There are plenty of good candidates without such a disregard for ethics in their past. I don't need to ignore theirs.

http://georgiafirst.org/candidate/burgess.shtml

Ray McBerry May 28 at 10:33am Reply

Our Candidate is Vindicated!

Over the past two months, Ray has come under personal attack by lies and false allegations. We knew that it was because of the growing success of our Campaign across the state and the fact that Ray continues to win every debate. What we did not have were answers to some of the questions about those making the allegations; we knew that at least some of it was politically motivated. Now we know the rest.

Read everything today!!!

Sincerely,

Your Georgia First Team

*** http://georgiafirst.org/candidate/burgess.shtml ***

(Make sure you read the affidavit at this link.)

1. The story of those making the allegations has continued to change, even to the media covering the story.

2. The affidavit attached here is from only one of the witnesses that have come forward at this time.

3. The affidavit attached shows malice in that there was a premeditated attempt to do damage to Ray's campaign for Governor.

4. The affidavit attached shows that one of the motives behind these lies and allegations was money.

5. The affidavit shows the character of those making the allegations to be of the most lewd and base sort and should raise doubt about credibility in the mind of anyone, even without the other information included.

6. There is and will continue to be an ongoing investigation into all personal assets, as well as any income or gifts which may have been derived from these false allegations.

7. There are more details which will become available at a later point.

When asked for comment about these new revelations in the affidavit, Ray responded, "It was my belief that, at some point, God would bring something to light that would explain the changes in this story since eight years ago, as well as explain the motive for these changes; I am just glad that it happened as soon as it did. Our Campaign in the Governor's race is going very well, and I am grateful for our many supporters across the state who have continued to work hard in spite of these personal attacks. We knew these kind of attacks would come because of my strong conservative stand."

Libel Suits

Furthermore, three individuals were notified by certified letter this week that they are now subjects of libel suits. A team of attorneys from across the state have all examined the evidence and are in agreement that, even with the greater burden of proof necessary to prove libel against a public figure, this is an open and shut case. The three individuals have each been given specific directives that they are to follow; their immediate obedience and subsequent actions will be taken into consideration by Ray as to how he wishes to proceed in each case following his election.

At least one more individual will be the subject of a libel case following the election, as well, with two others currently being considered.

A Time for Action

Our detractors believed that they could derail our Campaign with their lies and personal attacks. At least one of our opponents has joined in with them, much to her own detriment across the state.

Ray has continued his tireless schedule, even winning two more debates in LaGrange and Statesboro since these attacks began. And our team of tireless volunteers has stepped it up a notch all across the state. McBerry for Governor signs continue to pop up everywhere in huge numbers, many of our volunteers have begun door-to-door canvassing in their areas, and contributions have begun coming in for radio and television commercials to broadcast during the final month leading up to the primary.

The personal attacks may or may not continue, but one thing is sure... our Campaign WILL continue. Some of our detractors, including disaffected former volunteers, have vowed that they will not allow Ray to win this race even if they must continue to make up allegations. Our opponents are afraid! They see how quickly our message of "States' Rights" is spreading and how well Ray is received every time that he speaks! The people of Georgia deserve to have a Constitutional Conservative for whom to vote -- someone that the liberal media, the downtown Atlanta establishment, and the moderates in the GOP can NOT control. That candidate is Ray McBerry!

Please help our effort today to elect the only States' Rights governor in America. Go to the contributions page at www.GeorgiaFirst.org and make the most generous contribution that you can to the Cause of Liberty! Time is running out... NOW is the day to make a contribution!

Feel free to forward this message to your fellow Georgians, especially any who may have heard the lies and false allegations!

http://georgiafirst.org/candidate/burgess.shtml

Ray McBerry May 28 at 10:33am Reply

Our Candidate is Vindicated!

Over the past two months, Ray has come under personal attack by lies and false allegations. We knew that it was because of the growing success of our Campaign across the state and the fact that Ray continues to win every debate. What we did not have were answers to some of the questions about those making the allegations; we knew that at least some of it was politically motivated. Now we know the rest.

Read everything today!!!

Sincerely,

Your Georgia First Team

<snip>

I suggest that Mr. McBerry sue himself, since a letter in his handwriting that he does not deny was authored by him substantially corroborates the statements of Rachel, her parents, and her Pastor. The same letter also corroborates the conclusion of the investigation done by the GPSC, the result of which was the suspension of his teaching certificate. His vindication is in his own mind, and he has produced nothing to counter the statements and evidence in Post 92 above, actions which occurred years before Mr. McBerry decided to run for governor, and therefore could not have been fabricated to derail his campaign.