Paulding.com

Who will be our Governor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Pat Hughes, "forcibly" is a strong word, which is why I was careful to put significant context around it, helping the (unbiased?) reader to understand that I was not implying physical violence.

We certainly have not been better off under the Perdue-Richardson rule. I would hope we can return to another 150 years without a Republican in the governor office.

The above doesn't sound "neutral" -- I was just asking for what makes someone "too far right" as opposed to "just right enough." You raised the distinction, I didn't.   If you wish to leave the spe

Republicans

* Jeff Chapman

* Nathan Deal

* Karen Handel

* Eric Johnson

* John Oxendine

* Austin Scott

Democrats

* Thurbert Baker

* Roy Barnes

* Carl Camon

* DuBose Porter

* David Poythress

Libertarian

* John Monds

Independent

* Al Bartell

* Ray Boyd

Totally agree with mrshoward.

I just wanted to list the candidates for everyone...some may not know who all is running :pardon:

I've been supporting Karen Handel's campaign since before she declared.

I googled Ray McBerry because I liked what I heard on that video. I did NOT like what I found concerning allegations of misbehavior with female students several years ago. It's hard to know the truth based on internet stories so I'll have to do more research looking for sources I consider legitimate. I'm skeptical of allegations made against those running for office because it could be an attempt to derail his momentum. But, then again, it could be true.

NOT Roy Barnes, he is a career politician, who was elected the 1st time by teachers and then he STABBED teachers in the back. And now he wants to offer the teachers an apology. Well, to bad!!! Vote for anyone who is NOT a career politician. Career politicians only care about themselves and DON"T live in the real world!

Out of the whole bunch, I think Dubose Porter would do great. But I am afraid Roy's machine will be hard to beat once it gets cranked up and running. A great deal of rural Georgia and the inner cities will vote the D again after the past 8 years of Sonny and Richardson as well as the rest of the State.

The Crooked republican era will soon be over and a Democrat WILL win.

That's pretty funny considering the far more crooked Democrats that were in-charge before. The Tom Murphy bunch were as corrupt as it gets.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That's the first I have heard anything from or about him, good video!

Research further. ;)

I'm leaning toward Karen Handel.

You are the second to say this to me, what's the deal with this guy? No way I'm making a decision off a 4 minute "edited" video, but I do like his message. What's the real deal with him?

You are the second to say this to me, what's the deal with this guy? No way I'm making a decision off a 4 minute "edited" video, but I do like his message. What's the real deal with him?

Here's a start . . . http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/ray-mcberry-runs-to-516410.html

http://swgapolitics.com/index/2010/04/16/ray-mcberry-saga-the-name-and-the-letter/

This will be the third! :lol: You are a wise man Winchester and I can rest assured knowing that you will not be making a decision off this 4 minute edited video!

Karen Handel. She is the only one without baggage, and that's the shame of it.

EXACTLY! And she does appear to have the practical common sense, passion, intelligence, and perserverance to run the State of Georgia.

EXACTLY! And she does appear to have the practical common sense, passion, intelligence, and perserverance to run the State of Georgia.

I agree. I was a little disappointed with her announcement that she wouldn't be on the stage with McBerry. That smacked a little too much of a strictly political move. Other than that I see her as a very good candidate, her work on the Fulton Commission was extraordinary as was her challenge to uphold the Voter ID law. She is a smart lady.

Thank You for posting that. I had heard about this but did not remember the name.

Now I'm not taking up for him, I don't agree with that he is being "accused" of, but he was not charged with any crime in this matter. From what little I have read about this, it is just one person's word against another. If it's true or not, I do not know. And until he has been convicted of a crime, you can not use it against him, right?

And if we base our decisions on who has the least "baggage", and not what they can do for the us while in office, we may never find that "prefect" candidate. They don't exist!

Thank You for posting that. I had heard about this but did not remember the name.

Now I'm not taking up for him, I don't agree with that he is being "accused" of, but he was not charged with any crime in this matter. From what little I have read about this, it is just one person's word against another. If it's true or not, I do not know. And until he has been convicted of a crime, you can not use it against him, right?

And if we base our decisions on who has the least "baggage", and not what they can do for the us while in office, we may never find that "prefect" candidate. They don't exist!

Go back to the link above and re-read this part:

The letter to Rachel and her family, written by Ray McBerry in January 2003, just before the restraining order was issued. In it, you can clearly see Ray admitting to a relationship with Rachel that was not what her parents approved of. You can clearly see Ray McBerry BEGGING for forgiveness from Rachel, her mom (Linda), and her dad (Ronnie).

And you can clearly see Ray McBerry still BEGGING to have another chance to talk to Rachel – including admitting to using the puppies for sale as a ploy to get her to talk to him, as Rachel mentioned in her story Wednesday.

You can read it all for yourself here, in seven pages of Ray McBerry's own handwriting.

Edited because the link does work.

Btw, a restraining order was issued.

Edited by Madea

Go back to the link above and re-read this part:

Edited because the link does work.

Btw, a restraining order was issued.

I have been following this closely too. He lost his teaching certificate over this. Don't know if he ever got it back. I believe this girl. I think she still had some texts or something of that nature written by him. He should have dropped out of the race.

I have been following this closely too. He lost his teaching certificate over this. Don't know if he ever got it back. I believe this girl. I think she still had some texts or something of that nature written by him. He should have dropped out of the race.

At one point, her entire statement on the matter was on the internet. I haven't checked to see if it's still there.

Republicans

* Jeff Chapman

* Nathan Deal

* Karen Handel

* Eric Johnson

* John Oxendine

* Austin Scott

Democrats

* Thurbert Baker

* Roy Barnes

* Carl Camon

* DuBose Porter

* David Poythress

Libertarian

* John Monds

Independent

* Al Bartell

* Ray Boyd

Totally agree with mrshoward.

I just wanted to list the candidates for everyone...some may not know who all is running :pardon:

At this point, I also support Karen Handel. No way for any of the Democrat candidates. We've had enough of their shenanigans at the federal level.

That's pretty funny considering the far more crooked Democrats that were in-charge before. The Tom Murphy bunch were as corrupt as it gets.

Crooked Democrat? Typically, all they do is avoid responsibility for any wrongdoing and whine about any Pub. I want to see every Democrat kicked out. The more of them we eliminate from our legislature, the better off we all will be.

I think it would be a disaster to elect a Democrat as Governor in Georgia. We do not need a Governor who would help and encourage more Federal Government power over our state. The Obama agenda looms large in this election in my opinion. I have to go with Karen too. She is not afraid to stand up for the citizens of Georgia and she has already proven that.

Crooked Democrat? Typically, all they do is avoid responsibility for any wrongdoing and whine about any Pub. I want to see every Democrat kicked out. The more of them we eliminate from our legislature, the better off we all will be.

We certainly have not been better off under the Perdue-Richardson rule. I would hope we can return to another 150 years without a Republican in the governor office.

• Like 1