Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

Need Help...Graduation Present

I need some ideas for a special , meaningful gift from mother to daughter. Any ideas please???

sad.gif

I gave my daughter pearls, the are an ultimately feminine gift.

Diamonds are a lover's gift, pearls are special something about the weight and feel you don't forget all day that you are wearing them, so you think about the gift.

I know it sounds funny, I never was a pearl kind of gal until I received them as a gift and wore them.

They make me feel special and I wear them when I want to feel that way.

Now my friends will know that when they see them on me :lol:

I need some ideas for a special , meaningful gift from mother to daughter. Any ideas please???

sad.gif

How about a meaningful piece of artwork? My daughter was heavily involved in drama in high school and she took a creative dance class at a work shop and loved it. I went to the Dogwood Festival and found a colorful painting with 4 different scenes that pertained to drama and dance. It was a little pricy, but when she opened it she saw exactly what I had seen and loved it.

She is 23 now and married and it hangs on her wall and she absolutely loves it.

Good luck!!

I had family and friends send special notes to her and I'm having a friend of mine make scrapbook pages with baby pictures and senior pictures.

I gave my daughter pearls, the are an ultimately feminine gift.

Diamonds are a lover's gift, pearls are special something about the weight and feel you don't forget all day that you are wearing them, so you think about the gift.

I know it sounds funny, I never was a pearl kind of gal until I received them as a gift and wore them.

They make me feel special and I wear them when I want to feel that way.

Now my friends will know that when they see them on me :lol:

Me neither!! Hubby bought me some for Christmas one year and he was so excited. I had never asked for them because I always figured if you spend that kind of money on something it should sparkle. Boy was I wrong. The first time I wore them and felt how they get warm to the touch because of your body temperature, I was hooked.

Super, great idea! She'll remember where they came from every time she puts them on.

When I graduated in 77--my parents give me a sapphire and diamond ring. I give it to my daughter when she graduated in 01. She has 3 daughters, so I am sure the oldest will get it when she graduates.

If you don't go the jewerly route, how about a scrapbook of her life? With words along the way of her life.... I did this with mine, kinda like this is your life.....something she will always have with your hand written notes.

on my last day as a Senior my mom and I spent the day together....all my classmates were out at the Lake having a party but it meant so much to me that my mom took time out to spend the day with me. We went and ate at IHOP, went shopping she bought me a silver necklace with some dolphin ear rings and then we went to the mall and she got me a Bible and had it engraved. To this day I don't think she knows how much that day meant and still means to me. Even if she didn't buy those things that was the best gift she could of gave me by spending time with me.

I 2nd pearls! My Father gave me some, and to this day I hold them dear to my heart!

For pearls try this site : Lagunapearl .com

I ditto pearls!! I also made each of my children a t-shirt quilt with all the shirts I had saved since they were little...even put their baby pillow in there and it was also complete with pictures of them from birth through graduation. They love having a "history" or life story to share with new friends and college mates!

If you don't go the jewerly route, how about a scrapbook of her life? With words along the way of her life.... I did this with mine, kinda like this is your life.....something she will always have with your hand written notes.

This is a great idea.. or a DVD slide show from you to her... something that she can pull out and look at every once in a while when she is feeling lonely, or just needs to be cheered up..

Wow ! Such great ideas! Thank you all so very much! I think I'm going with Pearls and a scrapbook of her life! Possibly a day out...if "she" has time! Thanks guys! you all are the greatest!wub.gif

I ditto pearls!! I also made each of my children a t-shirt quilt with all the shirts I had saved since they were little...even put their baby pillow in there and it was also complete with pictures of them from birth through graduation. They love having a "history" or life story to share with new friends and college mates!

That is the sweetest idea EVER! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

yup..pearls....Also..for a different centerpiece on the present table if there will be a gathering or party....take 50 to 100 dollars in small bills and make a long stem rose arrangement out of the bills. Oh i cant tell you how many times i have done this and they LOVE IT. there are instructions of you arent the crafty sort and can get someone to do them for you via the net...thats where i got the idea anyways

Edited by HR'slittle#1nana

Hi. I am a Creative Memories consultant and have some info you might like for the scrapbook. I also custom make scrapbooks using digital pictures. You can order copies of the books in either soft or hard cover. Please feel free to contact me for more information. Even if you do not want to purchase from me, I would be glad to give you suggestions and ideas.

Thanks,

Kathy Dammes

Independant Creative Memories Consultant

kdammes@yahoo.com

www.mycmsite.com/scrappydo

home - 770-443-1782

LOVE IT!!!!! I still have a couple years before mine graduates so I have time to get started...this idea is awesome!