Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
adam&jessica

Paulding County Court System

My ex-wife was finally supposed to be going to trial this week in Paulding county. I was subpoenaed, and they told me they'd call me to let me know when the trial was, and I haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if the court calendar is online?

Also, does anyone know how likely they are to gloss the whole thing over, assuming they already haven't? I forget exactly what she was charged with, but I remember it was two family violence misdemeanors, one for attacking me, and the other for doing so in front of our son, and putting him in danger.

Thanks everyone.

Just call, because they are not calling you...

I did earlier this week, they said I would be called when I was needed, or after any plea deals were done. I guess I can call again when they open up.

tell them to put you on the call list, that means when they get ready for you they will call you, my boys were witness in a issues and it went on for 2 years, they would call them and tell them to be there on a certain day and time, they would take off from work and then they would call back saying it had been postponed.

They just stopped paying any attention to the letters and when they received the call they went. but they told the clerk to call and give them a 24 hour notice when they were needed. the person ended up taking a plea deal and they were not needed in court at all.

Good luck

GOOD LUCK! I called for WEEKS trying to find out when the court date was with my ex-husband for child support. He got the information in JAIL long before I could find out anything! I also had a house break in 2 years ago this month and STILL have NO information on it. Nothing at all!! Needless to say, I have lived in Paulding for 15 years and am less than pleased with the way things have been handled in any situation.

It's not just Paulding. Hubby and I have been subpoenaed 4 or 5 times for a case in Carroll County. This last date given turned out to be jury selection day and we didn't even need to be there, So I'm not sure why the lawyers office tells us we don't need to be there, but the subpoena says we do. none the less, they pushed the date back.....again. this has been going on for over a year.

It is normal for cases to appear on the calendar several times before they actually go to trial, normally due to motions by the defense attorney. If it is two misdemeanors and she has no significant criminal record I would expect some sort of plea deal unless the evidence is lacking.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Thanks all. I'm hoping they don't plea bargain it too far down, I've been trying to get custody for quite a while, and haven't managed to so far, since the judge in Floyd county seems to think that the lack of progress on the criminal case means that it isn't going anywhere.

She has previous convictions, but I think she has one other arrest, and has had the police called on her many times by neighbors since her first arrest.

I've heard there are a lot of cases that are not being brought up in a timely manner out of the DA's office. When I was on the grand jury we were looking at cases that were over a year old or longer. That means someone is not getting a fair and timely hearing and the taxpayers are having to foot the bill to house these people guilty or not. When does the DA's office come up again for election?

May I give you some advise... it is a hyjack, but I have some expierence in this area. Make sure your son knows he can still love her without liking the way she acts OR UPSETING YOU. AND most important that she loves him in her own way, but her mental problems or substance abuse (which ever it is) keeps her from acting like it sometimes. It is confusing and distubing to a child to think his Mom doesn't care enough about him to behave in a civil way. You need to tell him he can still love her even if she if a pain in everybodys... neck.

The way you handle this will determine his feeling about HIMSELF for many years. Also, do not keep him from her. When you do get custody and it sounds like you will, if you keep them apart he will invent a perfect Mom in his mind and when he becomes a rebellous teen he will want to go back and live with her. Let him see for himself what kind of person she is so he doesn't forget over the years. A shrink told me all of this when my step son was 5 and came to live with us. He Mom cost us $18000 before it was all over to get custody and iron our short visits with her. She was a terrible alcholic and drug user (right in front of him).

I told him his whole life that she loved him, just had many problems. It makes a child feel terrible that the parent can not love them enough to be normal. it hurts and it is a pain that can lead to substance abuse. Good Luck you have a long hard road ahead of you.

On a good note, my step-son is 25 and he has become a wonderful, caring, hard working man that doesn't drink or do drugs of any kind. He saw in her the stuff he never wanted to do, but was told over and over she loved him in her own way, and he had to love her too because she was his Mom (but he didn't have to like the way she acted) and there was nothing wrong with him.

So if anything positive came outta all the crap we went thru... it is this. Good outcome... HORRIBLE situation. it was He__ on earth.

She has mental issues, and unfortunately before we split up I got her a job at a mental hospital, where she works with the doctors. These doctors write her prescriptions for anything she wants. When we split up she was taking max dosages of klonopin, ambien, and prozac. Unfortunately, it seems that unless she gets a conviction, I won't get custody. Our judge said, and this is a direct quote, "Children should be with their mother".

I've heard there are a lot of cases that are not being brought up in a timely manner out of the DA's office. When I was on the grand jury we were looking at cases that were over a year old or longer. That means someone is not getting a fair and timely hearing and the taxpayers are having to foot the bill to house these people guilty or not. When does the DA's office come up again for election?

The primary will be in July and there are I believe 3 candidates.

It's on the primary ballot this July and it is extremely important to vote in that primary!!!

She has mental issues, and unfortunately before we split up I got her a job at a mental hospital, where she works with the doctors. These doctors write her prescriptions for anything she wants. When we split up she was taking max dosages of klonopin, ambien, and prozac. Unfortunately, it seems that unless she gets a conviction, I won't get custody. Our judge said, and this is a direct quote, "Children should be with their mother".

I agree with the judge and never, ever thought I would help take a child from his Momma. Honey, trust me when I tell you... She will shoot herself in the foot. We too lost a couple rounds. Stick to it, take the high road with the boy at all times. Give him a place to be a kid on the weekends, take him to the zoo and aquarium to take his mind off his troubles at her house. My step-son confided in me because I promised him I wouldn't tell anybody. He had someone to talk too. I always told him she loved him in her own way... etc. Now I was the step-mom. He would not tell his Dad anything and felt comfortable with me. crazy situation. Anyway, she will give him up. Prabably when she has to start dealing with the school and teachers. They are not able to do this in a normal or calm way. The principle and 2 teachers wrote letters for our court case and he missed 14 days in one semester because of her BS. She moved him 3 times in the 1st grade. Get involved at school when he starts going if you can. Tell the teachers in a neutral calm way what is happening and they will judge for themselve and may be your best hope.

Wow, this brings back so many feeling of helplessness. I only have seen my husbanc cry 3 times in 25 years and 2 of these times where over what his son was going thru with the Mother.

Like I said before.... Everyone reading this needs to pray for this family. It will be a long sad road but you can win it and save the boy if you are patient and do a lot of praying and PLANNING.

Edited by MJF

Not 100% accurate. If the defendant requests a speedy trial then they will get one. The defense attorneys are the ones doing everything they can to delay the trial since witnesses disappear, memories fade, ect. As for the cost, the overwhelming majority of people are let out on bond unless they are arrested for a serious crime so it is not costing the taxpayers anything.

Basically every judicial system in the nation is facing the same backlog, we are not alone.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Wow - MJF, God bless you for being a real mother to that child when he needed it. You won't know till you get to heaven what a difference you made in that little boy's life.

wow that sounds very similar to our situation with my stepson's mother, except we already have custody. I missed, how old is the kid?

Not 100% accurate. If the defendant requests a speedy trial then they will get one. The defense attorneys are the ones doing everything they can to delay the trial since witnesses disappear, memories fade, ect. As for the cost, the overwhelming majority of people are let out on bond unless they are arrested for a serious crime so it is not costing the taxpayers anything.

Basically every judicial system in the nation is facing the same backlog, we are not alone.

This is soo true! Today we finally got justice for a crime that happened almost 4 years ago!! The defendents were the ones delaying the trial. They would get new attorneys and file a bunch of motions just to delay it so we would "forget" what exactually happened. But thanks to the jury who found them guilty. We will be forever greatful!

wow that sounds very similar to our situation with my stepson's mother, except we already have custody. I missed, how old is the kid?

He's 3 now. He was about 16 months old when his mother used him as bait to ambush me, and try to steal my car keys. She had been with holding custody, since we hadn't had our first divorce hearing yet, and emailed me saying she was coming through Dallas, and wanted to know if I wanted to see him.

I did, of course, so I met her at Kroger on 278 in Dallas. She told me she was late, and didn't want me to get him out of the car. So I sat next to him in her car, and a minute afterwords, as I was distracted, she grabbed me with one hand and tried to pull me out of the car, and used the other hand to dive into my pockets, hoping to get my keys. I grabbed her wrists, and stopped her thrashing around, because she had almost pushed me into our son, and managed to get out of the car.

I got her hand out of my pocket, and calmly took the keys back from her. She kept grabbing at me though, so I went into kroger. She followed me in, acting like she was sorry, and I told her to keep away from me. So then followed me back outside, and stood beside my drivers side car door, preventing me from getting inside. She ended up coming after me one more time, damaging my cell phone, and leaving scratches and bruises on my arms. At this point I threatened to use physical control measures on her (I had just gone through the Dept of Juvenile Justice Training Academy).

At this point she stopped going after me, but refused to get away from my door until I gave her the keys to my car, which I obviously wasn't going to do (we bought the car right before we split up, and only made one payment when we were together, I paid the entire thing off after we split up, and before this occurred). I went ahead and called for Dallas pd, and when they showed up she was pissed, and told them the whole story, fairly accurately, assuming that they'd make me give up my keys, and then arrest me for not giving them up in the first place. Instead they arrested her, which shocked the living hell out of her. Her brother was 16 at the time, and in the car with her, and said she had planned the whole thing because she'd been borrowing her parents extra car. She was planning on driving away in my car, and having her brother drive the other car back to his house.

I'm fairly sure she got charged with assault for the attack on me, and I never have heard what she got charged with about him, but I do know she was charged with something, and that both are misdemeanors. I'm fairly worried though, I've never been contacted by the pd since the attack, no one took pictures of the bruises or scratches, and when I talked to Kroger, they said no one had ever bothered asking for the security footage of the incident. I'm hoping that's not true, because the whole incident should have been on tape.

Wow - MJF, God bless you for being a real mother to that child when he needed it. You won't know till you get to heaven what a difference you made in that little boy's life.

well, i am humbled and teary eyed, cause it was one of those very disturbing times in life that tests your very soul. I was lucky to have a husband who was on the same page I was. And yes it was touch and go sometimes thru all that. thank you for the blessing...

The primary will be in July and there are I believe 3 candidates.

I know Drew Lane is running but who are the other two? Drew is one of Richardson's boys. He got Glenn to get Perdue to appoint him and he rides that like a badge of courage and honor. Some kind of political payback. As I said, I was on the grand jury and after Lane came in and spoke we all looked at each other like WTF, who is this guy. He was not impressive and even his assistants acted like they didn't want to be part of his team. One of the assistants was sharp but I understand he has gone into private practice. There has to be somebody other than Lane.

Horse pucky!! That is not always a true statement. I've seen little kids that would be better off being raised by wolves than their own 'mother'. Good luck to you.

Horse pucky!! That is not always a true statement. I've seen little kids that would be better off being raised by wolves than their own 'mother'. Good luck to you.

I'm just surprised she was so blatant about it. You'd think there would be some type of accountability, to make sure judges weren't biased, but some obviously are, and no one seems to care.

Balony, that judge needs to find another job. Your lawywer should be asking for a new judge, the one you have is prejudiced against men!

I can tell you from experience that the mother is not always the best person for a child to live with!

My dad got custody of us in the 1970's, when it was almost unheard of for a father to get custody.

All 4 of us went to college and got bachelours degrees.

One brother even has a Master's degree, and he was the one who made all D's in high school!!!!!

If our mother had kept custody, I don't think that any of us would have gone to college!

And I know we would have been in trouble with the law.

She was more interested in partying and having fun than she was in raising 4 kids.

Balony, that judge needs to find another job. Your lawywer should be asking for a new judge, the one you have is prejudiced against men!

She's been doing this for years. She's infamous in Rome, as soon as I filed my divorce a bunch of people called me asking who the judge was, and when they found out they told me I might as well just fold, there was no chance I'd get my son. My lawyer ended up withdrawing as counsel halfway through the trial because she wouldn't let either of us even complete a sentence.

At one point she asked me a question about how I'd supported my child, and when I started to answer, to tell her that we'd been sharing custody equally, and each paying our halves, she cut me off and made me give a dollar amount that I'd paid to my ex, which was fairly low, since I'd been keeping him half the time, and paying half of the expenses, so she ended up making me pay back child support from the day we split, even though I'd had him half that time.

Unfortunately, according to my former attorney, there is no good way to get rid of a judge like this once they have your case.

I'm just surprised she was so blatant about it. You'd think there would be some type of accountability, to make sure judges weren't biased, but some obviously are, and no one seems to care.

Thats a sad thing, but true.

I just hate reading old threads like this because all I hear is a bunch of hate for mamas.  And I wonder how many had actual issues as my ex would say all those kind of things about me but none of them were true(they were projections from his wife) they had zero evidence against me but had shown the kids nothing but hatred for me for so many years that once they became unruly teens, (with 2 girls over 14, sister went to not split them and she was only 10😭😭😭), they just promised a party life and like their baby sister says, "they left us like last weeks shoe sale",(I have no idea where she got that, she is a very creative writer).  I never in a million years would have thought they would have handed my kids to the most unstable couple I have ever known in my life, removing them from a stabile loving, education promoting household and allowing them to be a part of a 9 member household in  a 3 bedroom rental house where my 14 year old was frequently used as a babysitter for her dads 90 year old grandmother, requiring her to change her diapers.  I could not get them to change a baby diaper, or their dad for that matter, but a 200 lb. geriatric, and suddenly she is game?  But anyways, MJF, I wish my kids step mom would have been like you.  As far as your knowledge of alienation and its affects on the child, you sound like you would have been an asset.  The woman I was stuck with did everything she could to make my kids hate me.  I was very accommodating,  I have always been a people pleaser.  To hear her talk you would hear her describe herself with every word she claims about me.  The woman was a bartender at Hiram Station for years and then again for years, later on.  Of course most of her time was spent harassing me, while I was working my ass off for 9 years, but she never tried to get a real job to where they would not be too strapped to pay child support(I never turned him in for) she waits until after they steal my kids for both of them to finally get real jobs, of course after they got their default and a ridiculously large award of child support, then they go making all kinds of money and collecting life insurance on the grandma and she got my daughter wasted on moonshine and the first I hear her voice in 3 years and she is threatening me with jail time and saying they will never want to see me again if I don't get a job and pay child support.  The stepmom was in her ear.  She kinda made that obvious by texting my phone simultaneously while talking to me on my boyfriend's phone.   But my daughter told me later.  The woman is severely mentally I'll from PTSD, as they met in Iraq when we were still married and he got her pregnant.  I hate this life.  I don't trust our government.  I am terrified to leave the house because of how horribly unjustified this entire ordeal continues to be.   I am the innocent victim in all of their crazy hateful drama and I never had a say.  It doesn't take an expert on parental alienation to see what my ex and his wife did, but they didn't care, it was all about money, and now my kids dropped out and started making babies, got charter school diplomas which lost them the memories that they would have cherished from high school.  They never let my girls even mention seeing me without biting their heads off telling them it would waste the money they spent on the attorney.   Which they were awarded lawyers fees so it was nothing and he used them to save thousands of dollars and commit welfare fraud, and my girls still dont see what happened.  I don't think we will ever see them again.  He is in the middle of secretly moving them up to Michigan, and this will be their second unannounced move, first was to Carroll county.  But I only have one 17 year old left with him and they are gonna make me pay this hideous man that caused me to lose everything I struggled to gain for my kids, for the rest of my life it seems.  Even with 2 being years out of his household.  It has been 6.5 years and they are all I think about every waking moment and the few I finally sleep, it is so horrible living without them, I feel like I will never again be happy.  My heart goes out to every mama separated from her babies, and I hope none of the ones on here are separated because of selfishness and control of their kids' father and his wife.  Pray for my family and for my kids to see one day, even with only their toxic influence.  It all makes me so sick.  I just loved being their mommy.  That never should have been taken from me.  I will never see our justice system the way I once did.  I was raised in a good christian family, I had no idea about divorce or court, neither did my folks. But I did everything like anyone else did and they really manipulated the entire thing, between mean attorneys and their absolutely atrocious satanic attorney that could not have been more misogynistic as a female attorney.  The amount of evidence I have against them while they just have lies that they create with zero evidence, but I could go on all day, I just had to say something for those who have lost their voice.  

If I can even still comment on this old thread.

And adam&Jessica I am sorry for what she put you through and your son.  It seems there is always an aggressor who will take advantage of how you love your children every chance they get.  It is very painful feeling like you are partially to blame for ever trusting someone who can not grow up and put your kids first.  Parenting just doesn't affect everyone profoundly like you think it would.  And the kids suffer.  When we got divorced was before the parenting class was required.  They should require they pass that class before changes in custody for parents with old divorces, steps too.  I just had this misconception that my ex would have matured and grown a parent but I forgot that the man i knew never came home from iraq.  

• Sad 1