56 replies to this topic

#41 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Why are you laughing... I just have to know what he had for lunch. Posted Image What funny about that... hehe

get that person that "knows" him so well... to ask for us... report back immediatly. we are all waiting on the very edge of our seats.

Edited by MJF, 11 May 2010 - 03:25 PM.

Go ahead and try to rip me to shreds... to late Im already in too small of pieces to be ripped anymore.

#42 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

I don't think Reid has been the only person talked about on P.Com. This is the Raider Football Topic area , so you expect him to be talked about.

I believe that Reid is a winning coach but remember back when Powell was the coach, he only had one experienced assistant football coach. The rest were baseball, soccer and actually one I think played in band. He had to use what was on the staff.

Where are all the college football players now Reid helped get to college? Name them and where they are at now.
I think that Chas Henry (Florida) and Paul Duncan(Notre Dame) were from the Glanton era.

Reid has been the finalist in several jobs but couldn't get interviews at some. I am not saying it is correct but if you ever read Georgia Sports.com, the sports' fans on there have many negative things to say about Reid.

He is in a position that makes him a celebrity in the county. He will be the focus of some discussion. Teachers at times are mentioned on here the same way.

One person who really likes Reid, asked Reid why the coaches had quit their coaching jobs and Reid did not give them an answer.

why should he explain?

Edited by MJF, 11 May 2010 - 05:03 PM.

Go ahead and try to rip me to shreds... to late Im already in too small of pieces to be ripped anymore.

#43 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Someone heard Reid say he was the only football coach left at EPHS and he would use community or lay coaches next year.

Any truth to that?

Actually, one has small kids now, another got a better job, another one GOT SIck of the complaining and whiny parents and just wants to do something else. this happens everywhere. ok what IS the big deal?

#44 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Love all the Reid talk. Topic after topic about Reid and not a mention of other local schools. Too me that says Reid has made East the team to beat. Like him or hate him, he has brought the Raiders to another level. I look forward to this fall to see how things shake out. I wish all the local teams well, including my alma matter PC, but I am a bonified Raider now!
GO RAIDERS!!
  • Palm Trees Rock likes this

#45 COWBELLMAN

COWBELLMAN

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Yes it should be an interesting year to say the least. The Sub Region with North, East, and Hiram in it, is by far tougher than that of our counter parts that has, South, and PC in it. I'm looking forward to another great year in High School football, it truly is about the only level of football where kids play the game because they love it, college athletes are beginning to get away from that and are treating it like it is their job, and the NFL well, there are very few who play the game because they love it.

#46 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

Truth is not really a question mark - it is a period or a exclamation point - unless you are talking about Reid. Posted Image Coach Hammontree and Coach Ryan(s) are both top notch coaches and huge part of East Paulding success. Posted Image They will be missed on the field.

I was not directing the signing question to you, but in general, hence the word 'anyone'. Posted Image I was just wanting to see the pictures of the guys!

This year was the first team to have Reid for all four of high school football years. It was a very talented team - those that were on the team at the end of the season and those that were kicked off too. Posted Image

Glanton signed quite a few of his players with a less winning record. He really works hard for his players. Which is great, since in the end, most players and parents are hoping for a scholarship.

It will be a fun season for all of paulding county since all the teams will be playing one another!

I see a pattern... of course it was the Coaches fault "these" kids got kicked off or disiplined. Strange. the set of rules apply to everyone on his team... no matter how BIG OR TALENTED. Time to grow up and be accountable for YOUR CHOICES. He doesn't coddle and I know it is a shock to the kids who HAVE been coddled their whole life because of their talent/size. Funny, the Reid bashers seem to all fall into this catagory.

#47 Barbed wire

Barbed wire

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

As of last week, South Paulding Spartans had 12 out of 24 seniors sign to play football in college. Several others are committed to college without football, but I know at least 12 who are definitely playing.
  • MillCreek, I'm Floored and Palm Trees Rock like this
Love never ends; it just changes shape.

#48 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Thats great Barbed Wire!! Those boys deserved a better Senior Year! :)
  • MillCreek and Palm Trees Rock like this

#49 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

I see a pattern... of course it was the Coaches fault "these" kids got kicked off or disiplined. Strange. the set of rules apply to everyone on his team... no matter how BIG OR TALENTED. Time to grow up and be accountable for YOUR CHOICES. He doesn't coddle and I know it is a shock to the kids who HAVE been coddled their whole life because of their talent/size. Funny, the Reid bashers seem to all fall into this catagory.

Funny, how the kids started getting kicked off as Reid was loosing. (not really ha ha funny) His 'rules' have never applied to all.. if you are BIG and TALENTED you did get special treatment. I have seen the special treatment for instance - Skip school and get caught by your Coach...Starter = nothing happens/nadda- administration is not told, there is not any detention, no extra work at practices,... oh and you start the next game. Skip a class and you are not a starter.. detention and after school extra practice. Skip school and you don't play football - ISS or Detention.

Have ISS.. Alt not doing well in a big game.. play the same day as the ISS ends.

Sorry I don't fit into your category...what you wrote should have ended with "and the lived happily ever after" like all other fairy tales.

Edited by Cuteyellowbug, 11 May 2010 - 09:51 PM.

• Cuteyellowbug likes this

#50 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

sour grapes...

someones nose is growing...

Edited by MJF, 12 May 2010 - 05:17 AM.

#51 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

sour grapes...

sour grapes
Idioms: Disparaging what one cannot obtain, as in The losers' scorn for the award is pure sour grapes. This expression alludes to the Greek writer Aesop's famous fable about a fox that cannot reach some grapes on a high vine and announces that they are sour. In English the fable.

Since you didn't dispute anything I wrote above, please detail your "sour grapes" comment. :pardon:

#52 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

sour grapes...

someones nose is growing...

So funny.. you added to your post after I had already posted..(several hours) after...Even though you were online after I posted and listed under the logged in members. Sneaky...

Please explain how 'my nose is growing'. You come back with a short snarky response but never debate or debunk my post. Please go ahead and point out the untruths. I could continue with many more examples if you wish... :pardon:

#53 county line

county line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

In 2006 the year EP went to the semis and played Marist. EP in the 1st round beat a Madison County Team who at that point was in their 2nd year of the playoffs, granted they lost in 2005 to Rome in the 1st round, the second round the Raiders had to travel north to play the Rome wolves, not sure if you follow football much but Rome is in the playoffs pretty much year in and year out, so I don't know where you get your facts from but whoever told you that Rome was a nobody in the playoffs their flat out wrong. After EP pulls out a win against Rome they come back home and face a Tough Stars Mill team, and for your information. Stars Mill beat a very tough Ware County team who plays that tough south georgia style of football, and is in the playoffs just about every year. Also in 2005 Stars Mill lost to Brookwood in the quarterfinals that was right after beating Colquitt County High School and Brunswick High School, both of whom are tough opponents, Colquitt County plays in that tough South Gerogia Region and has won State Titles and I believe a National Title before. In 2004 Stars Mill lost to Camden County in the second round of the playoffs. So just in case your not familiar with any of the teams that EP has played in 2006 in the playoffs thats a little bit of info on 3 of the teams the raiders beat that year. As you can see nothing like you were saying as to how they didn't play anyone to get to the dome that year. After the tough win against Stars Mill EP did travel to the Dome and yes they did get beat by a much Better Marist team who might I add makes it to the playoffs every single year. Now, just for future arguments, you better get your facts straight when it comes to football. I'm not even gonna attempt to break down the years after 2006 because I think I have proven my point just from going back to 2006 and filling you in on a little bit of history on the teams that EP faced in the playoffs that year. So please do not state misleading facts about East Paulding on this board because your only setting your self up for failure for when I get on here to prove your wrong. If you need sources please let me know, I have plenty.

GOOOOOO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will agree that rome is a playoff contender. stars mill was an average team that season and if you want to talk about who they played in the playoffs in the years before 2006 then you should also mention they went 5-5, 3-7, and 6-5 in the years after 2006. i recken you agree with what i said about skating through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs in 2007. ridgland had never made it out of round 1 of the playoffs and mays had only made it out of round 1 twice before that season. many thought those were big wins but we were set up to get demolished by thomas county in the quarters. the only point you proved is that i was wrong about rome and that you did not want to break down 2007 because i was right. i have as many sources as you. ep football is awesome but i do not think there is anything wrong with just being honest about how good we really are. we are comparing ep to how it used to be and it is great now but i do not think it is up there with some of the other programs in the state. we have made it less far every season since 2006 and like i said before this season will seem like we have improved because we are in a much weaker region.

#54 COWBELLMAN

COWBELLMAN

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

i will agree that rome is a playoff contender. stars mill was an average team that season and if you want to talk about who they played in the playoffs in the years before 2006 then you should also mention they went 5-5, 3-7, and 6-5 in the years after 2006. i recken you agree with what i said about skating through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs in 2007. ridgland had never made it out of round 1 of the playoffs and mays had only made it out of round 1 twice before that season. many thought those were big wins but we were set up to get demolished by thomas county in the quarters. the only point you proved is that i was wrong about rome and that you did not want to break down 2007 because i was right. i have as many sources as you. ep football is awesome but i do not think there is anything wrong with just being honest about how good we really are. we are comparing ep to how it used to be and it is great now but i do not think it is up there with some of the other programs in the state. we have made it less far every season since 2006 and like i said before this season will seem like we have improved because we are in a much weaker region.

Ok, So Stars Mill wasn't that Good after 2006, but EP never played them again after 2006 so therefore what they did afterwards doesn't matter. As for 2007 I will agree that Ridgeland and Mays weren't the greatest caliber of playoff opponents, however Ridgeland came out of that North Georgia Region with Rome, Dalton, and Northwest Whitfield, those boys play pretty good football up there. Mays also came out of a tough region as well, they were in the region with Tucker, Marist, St. Pius Southwest Dekalb and the rest of the Stone Mountain area high schools, so although you might seem to think EP's opponents weren't that great they had to go through a tough season just as anyone else does to make the playoffs. Yes EP was way over matched against a TCC team that was pretty dang good, also TCC is a school rich in tradition and they have won 5 State Championships. If there is a team in south georgia that is the equivalent of Valdosta High School as far as tradition goes it is Thomas County Central. In 2008 EP Moved up to the what has been voted on the 2nd toughest region in 5a football in Georgia. They made it to the Playoffs, played a tough Milton team who hasn't been to the playoffs since 1998, after EP won that game they moved on to the Second Round and played one of the best teams in the State that year in Grayson, after Grayson beat EP they went on to beat a much favored Lowndes team who had won the title the previous year and also won it in 2005 and 2004. In 2009 well EP didn't make it to the playoffs. There I pretty much just broke down 2007-2009 for ya, you can say what you want to say, but if you make the playoffs in the state of Georgia you've had a pretty good season but to advance to the 2nd round you aren't bad at all. Now as far as the Region being week this coming football season I wouldn't stick to that, if you take a look at the Sub Region(B) that EP is in, you have, Hiram, North Paulding, Kell, Pope, Osborne and Sprayberry. Three out of the 6 teams made the playoffs last year. Kell made the playoffs as a 5A football team. Out of the 7 teams in this Sub Region 6 of them had 5-5 or better records. In Sub Region(a) which is by far the easiest sub region out of the 2, you have Chapel Hill, Douglas County, Lithia Springs, Paulding County, Villa Rica, South Paulding and Alexander. Out of those 7 teams one team made it to the playoffs, that team being a 7-4 Chapel Hill team who was beaten by Northside Warner Robbins. Of those 7 teams only 3 had a 5-5 or better record. Its shaping up to be a very interesting season amongst this region. Yes the competition may not be what it was in Region 5-5A but I think Sub Region(B) is going to be a dog fight, as far as the other side of the region goes, I think Chapel Hill, and South Paulding and Maybe Villa Rica and you can go ahead and throw Douglas County in there as well. But hey thats why they play the games on the field.

Edited by COWBELLMAN, 13 May 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#55 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Selfish me thinking players in key positions hurt in 09. Several really talented players had their own agenda. They were on a TE ME. The ones who worked hard and tried to be a TEAM could not compensate for the ones who didn't. When you have key players who don't buy into the program you lose. The Coach thought more of those players than they thought of themselves. Several of them sadly self distructed. It happens... this is HS. That is all that will be said about the PAST.

We all are so looking forward to right the ship and have a real TEAM where the players care enough about each other to do their best. It starts the night before when you get a good night sleep and eat right instead of having you own agenda and not thinking about your teammates.

Just my humble opinion. On to season "2010".

GO RAIDERS and all the PC team. It is sure gonna be fun to play each other again. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Beach Bum and Palm Trees Rock like this

#56 jigglypuff

jigglypuff

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

I wonder of which players you speak? I know every single one of those boys..and have for the whole time they have been in high school..some even longer than that. I will tell you that it is very hard to have a TEAM spirit when you are being pitted against each other every single week. Being told one thing at the start of the week...then come Friday after you have given everything you have on that field to be told some other person is starting. That will quickly break down any form of TEAM feelings you have. I'm all for healthy competition ,you just don't keep crushing boys spirits and expect them to give their all week after week. But, having said that..i know more than a few young men who went out and gave everything they had anyway and I couldn't be more proud of them.
There were more than a few Seniors on the team this year..who have been on the team all four years who never even saw a play on Senior night. How is that for morale building? I even know a couple of the boys who have played football for years and years, loved the game...tell me they don't ever want to play football again. I'm sorry, i just find that sad.
I have been a Raider Fan for years..even in the lean years. Went to most games..gave support to the players even when most people didn't. I never ever gave up on them...CowbellMan can atest to that. This year was just hard to watch knowing there were boys on the sidelines with thier hearts broken and thier spirits crushed. And before it is even said...or asked..yes, i had a son on the team..and YES he started so, i am not speaking as a ticked off cause my son didn't play parent.
All that said, I will be there next season to cheer them on again..I will always be a die hard Raider fan and I will always care about the boys out there. Win or lose...I just hope they enjoy their experience.
lil round pink thing!!

#57 fanaticraiderfan

fanaticraiderfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

I don't think Reid has been the only person talked about on P.Com. This is the Raider Football Topic area , so you expect him to be talked about.

I believe that Reid is a winning coach but remember back when Powell was the coach, he only had one experienced assistant football coach. The rest were baseball, soccer and actually one I think played in band. He had to use what was on the staff.

Where are all the college football players now Reid helped get to college? Name them and where they are at now.
I think that Chas Henry (Florida) and Paul Duncan(Notre Dame) were from the Glanton era.

Reid has been the finalist in several jobs but couldn't get interviews at some. I am not saying it is correct but if you ever read Georgia Sports.com, the sports' fans on there have many negative things to say about Reid.

He is in a position that makes him a celebrity in the county. He will be the focus of some discussion. Teachers at times are mentioned on here the same way.

One person who really likes Reid, asked Reid why the coaches had quit their coaching jobs and Reid did not give them an answer.

nix and petit frere and ryan-lagrange college
waits-georgetown college
groover-st francis
gonosz and cazenave-kent st
brown-jac st
#4--iowa somewhere
mesh--valdosta st
#7 is in n.c somewhere
there are others as well that were offered or wanted,some couldn't qualify and there will be more this yr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics