Paulding.com

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does this mean you will keep your whining to yourself about your lawsuit? Sure hope so.

First off I am not endorsing anyone in this commissioners race, Secondly if posting what I know about any candidate in any of the races make me a "mean, grumpy old man" Then so be it, I can accept tha

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes

Which means you would be disqualified.

lol, yea righ. I just served on jury duty and I knew the victum, the DA, the judge and live right around the corner from where the armed robbery occured....and I'm an ex-LEO. I still could not get out of three days of jurt duty!

lol, yea righ. I just served on jury duty and I knew the victum, the DA, the judge and live right around the corner from where the armed robbery occured....and I'm an ex-LEO. I still could not get out of three days of jurt duty!

Wow! Does the defense attorney know all of that!search.gif

Maybe Beverly is a student of King Jerry, maybe not. I heard an interesting conversation the other day about Pownall also- One gentleman said that Pownall was Van Westbrook's business partner and worked on his campaign when Van was running against KJ. Then that he was Austin's campaign manager when Austin was running against KJ. If that was the case then I don't exactly think the Pownall was 'standing up the people' when he was supposedly taking on KJ. Would have been what PT Barnum would have called a shill. Another good example of smoke and mirrors.

Seems that few things in politics are really what they seem- and very disheartening. Just who is running this county and why? Makes me doubt any of them. Maybe the best candidate is the one with the cleanest track record and as few ties to anyone else currently in or formerly in office. Do any of our current candidates fit the bill or are all these folks simply rebranding and reselling themselves as something new and improved?

Who spoke out when Austin and Graham raised taxes last summer?

:lol:

Think again. Lots of other things to be taken into consideration here and I will let you and surepip figure that out on your very own...... :lol:

You're right. He might have to get out of Paulding to get a fair trial. I would hate to have a case against one of the judges inbred brother in laws.

I seem to recall one brave soul with his sign. He actually looked a lot like Clark Kent, better known a Super Man!

Actually I remember that also,the rest of the posse (Tea Party) failed to show up with their signs. GOP rules actually spoke at the meeting, But the best I recall He was only protesting the M&O portion of the tax increase Not the Courthouse or the Green space portion.HMMMM

You're right. He might have to get out of Paulding to get a fair trial. I would hate to have a case against one of the judges inbred brother in laws.

That statement was about as "classless" as they come. Do you have to always resort to these kinds of statements feelip - does it somehow make you feel better about yourself?

That statement was about as "classless" as they come. Do you have to always resort to these kinds of statements feelip - does it somehow make you feel better about yourself?

I agree! I have always had respect for feelip's opinion. This one is one that does not deserve respect.dry.gif

snapback.pngfeelip, on 10 May 2010 - 07:05 AM, said:

Actually I remember that also,the rest of the posse (Tea Party) failed to show up with their signs. GOP rules actually spoke at the meeting, But the best I recall He was only protesting the M&O portion of the tax increase Not the Courthouse or the Green space portion.HMMMM

You're correct Whitey. The Bond payment essentially has a variable mill-rate. It is debt and there is nothing to cut or fight against. The time to fight it was when it was voted on or passed by the BOC. I wasn't here for that. Again, the mill-rate on a bond essentially floats based on the tax digest. Folks should keep that in mind next time a bond is voted on. In contrast, the mill-rate on the M/O can be held steady even if the tax digest falls by cutting the budget. That is why I was fighting one and not the other.

That was a very non-specific, random statement refering to the backwoods way things are still handled in Paulding. And the fact that juries can easily be tainted, especially when too much information gets out about the case before trial. Not to mention that I didn't know the guy in Surepip's case was a brother in law of a judge. Is he?

If I were Surepip's attorney, the first thing I would be trying for would be having the trial moved to another county.

Sorry if I came across so classless. We have a joke from a movie where the city guy refers to everyone in the little country town as brother-in-laws and in-breeders. Sorry if I hit a nerve.

That was a very non-specific, random statement refering to the backwoods way things are still handled in Paulding. And the fact that juries can easily be tainted, especially when too much information gets out about the case before trial. Not to mention that I didn't know the guy in Surepip's case was a brother in law of a judge. Is he?

If I were Surepip's attorney, the first thing I would be trying for would be having the trial moved to another county.

Sorry if I came across so classless. We have a joke from a movie where the city guy refers to everyone in the little country town as brother-in-laws and in-breeders. Sorry if I hit a nerve.

Not a problem - I don't have any inbreds in my family that I know of so you didn't hit a nerve with me personally. :lol: In fact, I can't really think of any "inbred" families in Paulding County or otherwise - maybe I have led a sheltered life. :lol:

Wow! Does the defense attorney know all of that!search.gif

Yep, he was standing right there the whole time. I even knew half of the SO and Dallas PD folks who were involved. Still could not get out of it! I tried every trick I could. :angry2: I ended up being the "alternate" juror and could not vote on anything. So I really wasted 3 days of my time and missed the college graduation of one of my step-kids.

Yep, he was standing right there the whole time. I even knew half of the SO and Dallas PD folks who were involved. Still could not get out of it! I tried every trick I could. angry.gif I ended up being the "alternate" juror and could not vote on anything. So I really wasted 3 days of my time and missed the college graduation of one of my step-kids.

Unbelievable! You should have been excused in my humble opinion but I am not attorney.

Why? Because Surepip has been actively trying to corrupt the jury pool on his own case since the very beginning? Good luck with that one! I'm surprized his attorney permits this at all.

Not a problem - I don't have any inbreds in my family that I know of so you didn't hit a nerve with me personally. :lol: In fact, I can't really think of any "inbred" families in Paulding County or otherwise - maybe I have led a sheltered life. :lol:

I don't know about that, go to Wally World after mid-night and you might change your mind! :rofl:

• Like 1

[/b]

First off I am not endorsing anyone in this commissioners race, Secondly if posting what I know about any candidate in any of the races make me a "mean, grumpy old man" Then so be it, I can accept that criticism and move on.

Regardless of what I say, Beverly can not hide from the fact that she was part and parcel of the Jerry Shearin Adminstration, If the citizens of Paulding County want ro elect someone that was part of the good ole boy's network, They certaintly have that right, I also have the right to voice my opposition to her being elected.

It would be a total waste of my time to meet Beverly, Since I have knowledge of what her positions are and what she stands for.

Having been a County employee for many years, And particularly a part of a adminstration that raised taxes every year except the last year of her employment with the county, That is really all that I need to know.

As previously stated Beverly Cochran seems to be a very nice person, But......That does not qualify her to be a Commissioner,Now does it?

Furthermore the present Paulding County Commissioners chose not to continue her employment with the County, As well as other high level personnell , I wonder why?? :angry: :angry: :angry: Just for you :angry:

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: WOW your angry..... :rofl: :drinks:

Yeah, God love her. She's either a mere secretary or in cohoots with the devil. So what are the requirements to be a County Commissioner?

Yep, he talks out of both sides of his mouth....

True. And also true that they don't have to be a dues paying member. Bottom line is that counties like ours you have many moderate democrats running as republicans because they would't stand a chance otherwise.

Did the local Republican Party require all candidates running on the Republican ticket to sign the oath required by the State Party?

Yep, he talks out of both sides of his mouth....

TAHOE The truth really hurts sometimes eh :D

• Like 1

Did the local Republican Party require all candidates running on the Republican ticket to sign the oath required by the State Party?

Don't know. But still if a liberal is willing to sign it, there's nothing the party can do to keep them off the ticket. Believe me, I wish we ha a convention like Utah just did to scrub our candidates.

TAHOE The truth really hurts sometimes eh :D

Good luck Whitey! When I tried to find out the answer to that I got bashed by you know who.......

The amazing thing, to me as being somewhat knowledgeable of the history of the Dixiecrats, these modern Repubs in Paulding have no knowledge of the politics of the south as to why ALL of our politicians used to be Democrats and how hated the Republicans were going back to Reconstruction after the Civil War. Most of the Dixiecrats from the 1950s to the 1980s were far more moderate and conservative than the modern day Repubs. And they shied away from religious and morality issues. Church was for Sunday. And sexual preference was just not discussed in mixed company. ProLife meant you wanted people in general to live and had nothing to do with birth control, the "A" word or the death penalty.

Oh how times have changed in such a short period of years.

Now we have outright theocrats wanting to make the USA a Christian Nation, who take their birth control pills before leaving for their pro-life rallies, check in with their girlfriend or mistress to make sure they are safe and sound before going home to the wife and who hate all Democrats just because they have a "D" next to their name regardless of how they stand politically.

I voted "R" for many years but the religion on the shirt sleeve with all the other lapel buttons have chased me away. I will stay an "I" and vote who I want regardless of party preference.

• Like 1

Now we have outright theocrats wanting to make the USA a Christian Nation

I suppose we have a lot of "holier than thou" politicians out there, and I understand you cannot legislate morality. The problem many folks are having is that Christianity is bashed in our society and many Christian people simply remain silent. They don't want to make waves. I don't like to see someone trashing Jesus, the Bible, church, or those of us who are Christians. I'm not perfect by any means, but I am a follower of the One who was.

By the way, I have voted for many democrats, many republicans and even a few independents. I vote for the person, not the party.

Good luck Whitey! When I tried to find out the answer to that I got bashed by you know who.......

The amazing thing, to me as being somewhat knowledgeable of the history of the Dixiecrats, these modern Repubs in Paulding have no knowledge of the politics of the south as to why ALL of our politicians used to be Democrats and how hated the Republicans were going back to Reconstruction after the Civil War. Most of the Dixiecrats from the 1950s to the 1980s were far more moderate and conservative than the modern day Repubs. And they shied away from religious and morality issues. Church was for Sunday. And sexual preference was just not discussed in mixed company. ProLife meant you wanted people in general to live and had nothing to do with birth control, the "A" word or the death penalty.

Now we have outright theocrats wanting to make the USA a Christian Nation, who take their birth control pills before leaving for their pro-life rallies, check in with their girlfriend or mistress to make sure they are safe and sound before going home to the wife and who hate all Democrats just because they have a "D" next to their name regardless of how they stand politically.

I voted "R" for many years but the religion on the shirt sleeve with all the other lapel buttons have chased me away. I will stay an "I" and vote who I want regardless of party preference.

The States' Rights Democratic Party (commonly known as the Dixiecrats) was a shortlived segregationist, socially conservative political party in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat

Gee, it occurred to me that in the special election Daniel Stout was the first one to have signs out all over the place. I haven't seen a single one yet, even in those yards where I know he had signs before. pardon.gif

• Like 1

The States' Rights Democratic Party (commonly known as the Dixiecrats) was a shortlived segregationist, socially conservative political party in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat

And the Dixiecrats remained an Un-Official faction of the Democrats through the 1980s into the 1990s. The great majority of our Southern Democrats in the 2nd half of the 20th century were Dixiecrats who softened on segregation as they mellowed with age and some switched to the Republican side as they neared retirement.

RE: the previous BOC - I am a conservative...just a shade to the right of Antonin Scalia. I also grew up in a county where the county commission behaved like the one prior to this one, and man, that was so not cool. Esp. the part about using SPLOST money for projects other than what it was voted for to building projects that the voters voted down twice, etc. They were Democrats for years, but in the last several years, the commission has tilted right, and these new members are more responsible. At any rate, I do not appreciate my tax dollars being spent on $1M legal fees, and I especially don't like paying higher taxes for ill-advised low-tax-base growth approved in the last number of years. I, too, vote for the person and not the party. I have no opinion of this Cochran lady, and don't live in Post 2 district, so this is not a commentary on that candidate or race.

I disagree whole heartedly.

If the BOC had spent half the time and effort the past 10-15 years courting industrial buisness park developers as they did dancing with the ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS and their High Density Housing we would have local jobs in private industry.

Instead of partnering with the big industrial developers with joint ventures where the county is an actual partner in the development, helping with the roads, sewer, utilities and grading instead of throwing up road blocks we would see developers here building office and industrial parks to bring in businesses with high paying jobs.

Edited by Ol_Shun

I suppose we have a lot of "holier than thou" politicians out there, and I understand you cannot legislate morality. The problem many folks are having is that Christianity is bashed in our society and many Christian people simply remain silent. They don't want to make waves. I don't like to see someone trashing Jesus, the Bible, church, or those of us who are Christians. I'm not perfect by any means, but I am a follower of the One who was.

By the way, I have voted for many democrats, many republicans and even a few independents. I vote for the person, not the party.

I also vote for the person, not the party.