Paulding.com

OKAY NOW INNOCENT READERS/POSTERS PAY ATTENTION.

The negative words posted in this lengthy topic are because 1 man would not vote for the facilities guy or janitor that worked while Jerry Shearin was in office. Take notice of this, and don't let that nasty attitude keep you from reaching out to the candidates and making your own decision.

As others posted too, just because you work there doesn't mean you agree with everything that happens there.

I didn't agree with everything my old company did. Do any of you agree with all the decisions made at your place of work by the people in charge?

Take notice that this bad attitude rears it's ugly head to remind us all of the lawsuit about once every 4-6 months or so.

Not that re-posting it changes anything. I've always been told to try to let things go and move on. It helps with healing and peace of mind and health.

I certainly hate it when people I know keep bringing up stuff over and over and over again. Take these posts with a grain of salt.

Who do you and Ithy think your fooling?

The difference here is you are trying to campaign. I am just stating an opinion.

This isn't about "smearing" anyone. I'm betting both candidates are fine folks. I am not so naive as to overlook the fact that a small group of families have be in control of Paulding County for a long time. Not until the last BOC chairman was defeated was the stronghold broken. We don't need more of the same and (in my opinion) we can't afford to take a chance on anyone that might be the least bit influenced by the old regime.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does this mean you will keep your whining to yourself about your lawsuit? Sure hope so.

First off I am not endorsing anyone in this commissioners race, Secondly if posting what I know about any candidate in any of the races make me a "mean, grumpy old man" Then so be it, I can accept tha

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes

The negative words posted in this lengthy topic are because 1 man would not vote for the facilities guy or janitor that worked while Jerry Shearin was in office. Take notice of this, and don't let that nasty attitude keep you from reaching out to the candidates and making your own decision.

As others posted too, just because you work there doesn't mean you agree with everything that happens there.

I didn't agree with everything my old company did. Do any of you agree with all the decisions made at your place of work by the people in charge?

Take notice that this bad attitude rears it's ugly head to remind us all of the lawsuit about once every 4-6 months or so.

Not that re-posting it changes anything. I've always been told to try to let things go and move on. It helps with healing and peace of mind and health.

I certainly hate it when people I know keep bringing up stuff over and over and over again. Take these posts with a grain of salt.

:yahoo: :clapping: :drinks: :good:

Look Ithy, Jerry smeared himself. As soon as he lost his adviser and financier he was going in circles in the bottom of the toilet. When he got caught lying about the email, the undecided voters in the county finally saw that what mean ol' Whitey, Suepip and Feelip had been screaming was the gospel.

Back anyone you like little guy, but lay off my ass when it comes to pointing out that someone was part of a former regime. Those people damn near destroyed the county. It will take good, honest leaders many years to straighten out the mess they left. I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT WAS A PART OF THAT REGIME. I don't care if they were the damn janitor! Now you starting to see the picture?

Don't tell me what to do or what I know. I see the newly elected BOC chairman, that you and others helped to get elected for your own selfish agenda, is helping ya with your case, huh? 8)

Edited by PraiseThee

Right! If I'm Todd Pownall I'd tell Whitey and Surepip to shut the heck up. I don't have a horse in the race but this is disgusting what they're doing to this lady. From the folks I've talked to she is a stand-up Christian mother and grand-mother. If they have allegations of specific illegalities then please name them but this guilt by association routine is a typical leftist technique and Todd Pownall should denounce it and denounce them.

GOP Rules As far as I am concerned Todd Pownell, Adam Gregory, And Beverly Cochran Can all Denounce me all that they care too, And so can the other supporters of Beverly Cochran, I have no intentions whatsoever from backing away from this race.

You and the good ole boys network I see have come to the rescue of of your favorite candidate and I could care less about this also.

Beverly Cochran as I have stated previously appears to be a nice person, However her past association with an adminstration that has literally bankrupt this County should be taken into consideration when considering whom to vote for.

Furthermore Beverly Cochran had much more influence on the running of the County other than preparing the minutes,and the agenda items,As previously stated in an earlier post, In fact she was much more than a "clerk" as has been alluded too in a previous post.

So it is okay for the good ole boys to malign and denounce Mr. Stout for his actions, A typical right wing tatic But please do not talk about Beverly WOW just WOW.

For your information I am also a Christian, Father, Grandfather And Great Grandfather and this has nothing to do with me being qualified to become a commissioner, Or make citizens aware of the past actions of any candidate.

GOP Rules As far as I am concerned Todd Pownell, Adam Gregory, And Beverly Cochran Can all Denounce me all that they care too, And so can the other supporters of Beverly Cochran, I have no intentions whatsoever from backing away from this race.

You and the good ole boys network I see have come to the rescue of of your favorite candidate and I could care less about this also.

Beverly Cochran as I have stated previously appears to be a nice person, However her past association with an adminstration that has literally bankrupt this County should be taken into consideration when considering whom to vote for.

Furthermore Beverly Cochran had much more influence on the running of the County other than preparing the minutes,and the agenda items,As previously stated in an earlier post, In fact she was much more than a "clerk" as has been alluded too in a previous post.

So it is okay for the good ole boys to malign and denounce Mr. Stout for his actions, A typical right wing tatic But please do not talk about Beverly WOW just WOW.

For your information I am also a Christian, Father, Grandfather And Great Grandfather and this has nothing to do with me being qualified to become a commissioner, Or make citizens aware of the past actions of any candidate.

WOW...I'm a part of the good ole boy network too? Dang, I'm not even a native of GA and I am now a part of a club. :drinks: :yahoo: :rofl:

Don't tell me what to do or what I know. I see the newly elected BOC chairman, that you and others helped to get elected for your own selfish agenda, is helping ya with your case, huh? 8)

Oh yeah Ithy. Matter of fact I am quitting my job next week and going full time on the "Help Beat Beverly Cochran" payroll. :wacko:

Take a deep breath and try to realize just how goofy that statement was dude. :nea:

Who do you and Ithy think your fooling?

The difference here is you are trying to campaign. I am just stating an opinion.

This isn't about "smearing" anyone. I'm betting both candidates are fine folks. I am not so naive as to overlook the fact that a small group of families have be in control of Paulding County for a long time. Not until the last BOC chairman was defeated was the stronghold broken. We don't need more of the same and (in my opinion) we can't afford to take a chance on anyone that might be the least bit influenced by the old regime.

Me? Not fooling anyone. I try to take an open, thought provoking approach and hope others do too. You clearly have an agenda. I'm not even really campaigning on here - unless you count that I have on MULTIPLE occasions suggested that readers here search out each of the candidates and make a decision.

I am not trashing candidates based on the company or gov't they worked for in the past. I am not trashing any candidate for any reason. That has always been petty to me. Unless I can post pictures and proof of what someone saw or did, wrote, etc, then it is smearing. I have information that I've gleaned over time for each candidate, and I made my decision - but I don't belittle or trash those that I choose will not get my vote.

I'd appreciate it if we can all let this go (for now - as I understand from Winchester that these ugly posts will occur during each election cycle). There will be plenty of opportunities for us all to reach out to these candidates and figure out who we'll support.

• Like 1

Hi Whitey,

As mentioned I'm kind of new here.

Who are the good 'ol boys you refer to? Not sure that GOP Rules is part of that. In my opinion the good 'ol boys are the old regime of commissioners that people claim padded their own pockets. I'm not saying they did, but that's what I thought people referred to as the good 'ol boys.

Does the endorsements help determine if a candidate is part of the good 'ol boy network or not?

Also, What proof/details exists as to other reported roles that Beverly performed?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Are you in Post 2 by the way?

Oh yeah Ithy. Matter of fact I am quitting my job next week and going full time on the "Help Beat Beverly Cochran" payroll. :wacko:

Take a deep breath and try to realize just how goofy that statement was dude. :nea:

I call it as I see it. <_<

I was around when all of the mudslinging you all did to Jerry and how you looked forward to Austin taking on your case and here it is, nothing has happened now has it?

Me? Not fooling anyone. I try to take an open, thought provoking approach and hope others do too. You clearly have an agenda. I'm not even really campaigning on here - unless you count that I have on MULTIPLE occasions suggested that readers here search out each of the candidates and make a decision.

I am not trashing candidates based on the company or gov't they worked for in the past. I am not trashing any candidate for any reason. That has always been petty to me. Unless I can post pictures and proof of what someone saw or did, wrote, etc, then it is smearing. I have information that I've gleaned over time for each candidate, and I made my decision - but I don't belittle or trash those that I choose will not get my vote.

I'd appreciate it if we can all let this go (for now - as I understand from Winchester that these ugly posts will occur during each election cycle). There will be plenty of opportunities for us all to reach out to these candidates and figure out who we'll support.

:good:

Edited by PraiseThee

Would you like to share with us who the good old boys are that maligned Mr. Stout? I suspect that you would not back any of these guys if a Democrat had entered the race.

Do you realize how ridiculous your above statements are Whitey? You are making Beverly Cochran "guilty by association" and basically not worthy of this job simply because she worked for our Board of Commissioners. By the way, I don't recall any of our Commissioners being convicted of any crimes - do you?

I mean really, how silly is your analogy. That is about as silly as me saying (and I am not saying this, just using this as an example) that you or anyone else that is retired from or who is working for General Motors is a "moocher" simply because GM accepted bailout money compliments of the U. S. taxpyayers.

By the way, you are not the only Christian, Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather in this county - there are lots of them and they deserve respect just as much as you do. In fact, Beverly Cochran is an adored Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Christian, etc. as are several others that you, surepip and feelip continually bash here. You know what you guys say about that karma - sometimes it comes back to bite you in the behind!

P. S. Paulding County is not bankrupt - just like most every other county in the U. S., they are experiencing economic difficulties but they are not bankrupt.

Guest amazed

I believe that would be every week.

Hi Whitey,

As mentioned I'm kind of new here.

Who are the good 'ol boys you refer to? Not sure that GOP Rules is part of that. In my opinion the good 'ol boys are the old regime of commissioners that people claim padded their own pockets. I'm not saying they did, but that's what I thought people referred to as the good 'ol boys.

Does the endorsements help determine if a candidate is part of the good 'ol boy network or not?

Also, What proof/details exists as to other reported roles that Beverly performed?

Thanks for clearing this up.

Are you in Post 2 by the way?

Hi MEvans

No I am not in post 2,And neither are most of the other posters in this thread that is supporting Beverly.

Yes you have campaigned for Beverly on P.Com and that is your right,Have at it.

The campaign has really got a long way to go,And if Pubby allows the discussion to continue you can rest assured that more will be discussed about Beverly, And her ties with the adminstration that she worked for.

Beverly has a choice,She can answer the claims here on P.com or she can ignore this media, The choice is hers.

If I recall the first time that Beverly spoke at the (I believe Republican Meeting)She opened up this can of worms by attempting to distance herself from the Jerry Shearin adminstration in her remarks at that meeting. (it was recorded and posted here in another forum.)

As a person, I think Beverly is a nice person, And I do not consider my comments as trashing her, I Have said nothing about her that is not a matter of record,And do not intend to, However I do not intend on giving her a free ride, By simply taking her statement as the gospel like some on here have

Do a search on the Jerry Shearin camoaign here on P.com and the good ole boy network will jump right out at you :D

Hi MEvans

No I am not in post 2,And neither are most of the other posters in this thread that is supporting Beverly.

The campaign has really got a long way to go,And if Pubby allows the discussion to continue you can rest assured that more will be discussed about Beverly, And her ties with the adminstration that she worked for.

Beverly has a choice,She can answer the claims here on P.com or she can ignore this media, The choice is hers.

If I recall the first time that Beverly spoke at the (I believe Republican Meeting)She opened up this can of worms by attempting to distance herself from the Jerry Shearin adminstration in her remarks at that meeting. (it was recorded and posted here in another forum.)

As a person, I think Beverly is a nice person, And I do not consider my comments as trashing her, I Have said nothing about her that is not a matter of record,And do not intend to, However I do not intend on giving her a free ride, By simply taking her statement as the gospel like some on here have

Do a search on the Jerry Shearin camoaign here on P.com and the good ole boy network will jump right out at you :D

Oh and I am sure you, Surepip and Feelip will be spreading your stuff, I mean "opinions", about Beverly that will have very little substance or basis of fact.

Furthermore, her statements that YOU say veered away from who she worked for has very little interest among most people. She is running for what she believes in, not who she used to work for.

Just as one of your other buddies stated, you will not vote even a person was a janitor who just happened to work in the building under the previous BOC.

Personally, that is a cop-out and absurd to say the least. You all have convicted her for no other reason that to spread whatever propaganda you all have with Jerry.

Things like this, without merit of any fact of evidence other than personal agenda's is what turns people off from getting involved in politics.

Stick with the facts of evidence not personal vendetta's. It is useless to beat a dead horse over and over again just because you can. <_<

Do you realize how ridiculous your above statements are Whitey? You are making Beverly Cochran "guilty by association" and basically not worthy of this job simply because she worked for our Board of Commissioners. By the way, I don't recall any of our Commissioners being convicted of any crimes - do you?

I mean really, how silly is your analogy. That is about as silly as me saying (and I am not saying this, just using this as an example) that you or anyone else that is retired from or who is working for General Motors is a "moocher" simply because GM accepted bailout money compliments of the U. S. taxpyayers.

By the way, you are not the only Christian, Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather in this county - there are lots of them and they deserve respect just as much as you do. In fact, Beverly Cochran is an adored Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Christian, etc. as are several others that you, surepip and feelip continually bash here. You know what you guys say about that karma - sometimes it comes back to bite you in the behind!

P. S. Paulding County is not bankrupt - just like most every other county in the U. S., they are experiencing economic difficulties but they are not bankrupt.

Not yet, But investigations are on going so I hear, Maybe something will pop before the elections.

BTW good to hear from you :D

I have to assume you are OK with your BOC spending more than $1million to fight us. Jerry Shearin was the man in charge when our suits were initiated. Beverly was his right arm. She even told us we should have HAPPY with the 25' of buffers we got and not complain about not getting the 40' we were given at the planining and zoning meeting.

Beverly also refused to give us a copy of the stipulations at the BOC meeting in March 2005, stating they were only available for the Applicants. So it was another 2 months before we were able to even see what the final written stipulations were.

I have to ask....if developer who was a major donor to ALL of your local politicians moved the road in front of your property, and "took" another 10 feet or so of your front yard, what would you do ?

Roll over ? Walk away ? Try to negotiate? or fight them ?

And if you chose to fight them, are you or would you be willing to spend $500,000 to defend your castle/oasis ?

Hi MEvans

Apologies for any confusion - as it relates to this topic, I have campaigned for everyone seeking out the truth.

I don't see answers to the question related to what role she played other than clerk. That may have been missed when you read my post. Several other people asked that of you also.

I don't believe most candidates will come on here. I think they use other methods to reach the voting public.

Not yet, But investigations are on going so I hear, Maybe something will pop before the elections.

BTW good to hear from you :D

Please enlighten the rest of us in the county and provide details on an investiagtion. I personally haven't heard anything about any investigation - you are always eluding to some of our county leaders being investigated but ironically, nothing ever seems to come of it. Are you able to substantiate your accusations Whitey? If you are, could you please do us all a favor and "fill us in"? Otherwise I will have to assume that there is once again, nothing to investigate.

I will be the first one to applaud the efforts of an investigation if there is something going on; however, you and a couple of others having been singing "this song" and "dancing this dance" for a few years now and nothing substantial has turned up.

Oh and I am sure you, Surepip and Feelip will be spreading your stuff, I mean "opinions", about Beverly that will have very little substance or basis of fact.

Furthermore, her statements that YOU say veered away from who she worked for has very little interest among most people. She is running for what she believes in, not who she used to work for.

Just as one of your other buddies stated, you will not vote even a person was a janitor who just happened to work in the building under the previous BOC.

Personally, that is a cop-out and absurd to say the least. You all have convicted her for no other reason that to spread whatever propaganda you all have with Jerry.

Things like this, without merit of any fact of evidence other than personal agenda's is what turns people off from getting involved in politics.

Stick with the facts of evidence not personal vendetta's. It is useless to beat a dead horse over and over again just because you can. <_<

I have no personal vendetta with Beverly Cochran, I will state again she seems to be a very nice person, Just does not have the credentials to be a County Commiissoner.

We need commissioners who will represent the citizens, Not special interest groups

ITHY As much as you bash people on P.Com please do not give me a sermon on bashing, Your credibility on this issue leaves a lot to be desired :D

Did I see some post you made supporting Jerry Shearin???? AHH Are you one of the good ole boys??? PFFT

I have no personal vendetta with Beverly Cochran, I will state again she seems to be a very nice person, Just does not have the credentials to be a County Commiissoner.We need commissioners who will represent the citizens, Not special interest groups

ITHY As much as you bash people on P.Com please do not give me a sermon on bashing, Your credibility on this issue leaves a lot to be desired :D

Did I see some post you made supporting Jerry Shearin???? AHH Are you one of the good ole boys??? PFFT

You know I really like all of the candidates vying for this position; however, can you please tell me why Beverly Cochran does not have the credentials to be a County Commissioner? Can you please share with us what makes either of the other candidates more qualified than Beverly?

I have to assume you are OK with your BOC spending more than $1million to fight us. Jerry Shearin was the man in charge when our suits were initiated. Beverly was his right arm. She even told us we should have HAPPY with the 25' of buffers we got and not complain about not getting the 40' we were given at the planining and zoning meeting.

Beverly also refused to give us a copy of the stipulations at the BOC meeting in March 2005, stating they were only available for the Applicants. So it was another 2 months before we were able to even see what the final written stipulations were.

I have to ask....if developer who was a major donor to ALL of your local politicians moved the road in front of your property, and "took" another 10 feet or so of your front yard, what would you do ?

Roll over ? Walk away ? Try to negotiate? or fight them ?

And if you chose to fight them, are you or would you be willing to spend $500,000 to defend your castle/oasis ?

I would assume you don't know me. I would want ALL the facts from both sides of the story before making any decision on something of such significance.

Again, we readers don't know the details of your accusation above.... so you saying someone refused to do something isn't proven at this time.

I also don't know the details surrounding why the road was moved. I know that the county or state has right of way on roadways. I'm sure that when a decision was being made to change a roadway there would have been a chance to oppose.

It would be interesting to view archives of those meetings - discussions that led to the roadway change and any opposition. I wasn't there, I can't tell you what I'd do. Each person's circumstances are different.

My issue here was that these posts come up over and over again. And get taken out on anyone you can assign blame to at the time you start the posts up again.

I just think this ENTIRE TOPIC is way past being hijacked by all of us.

You won't get an answer to your question in the original post - not on P'Com. Maybe we should just have this closed out and everyone move on to something more productive than re-hashing old stuff.

Apologies for any confusion - as it relates to this topic, I have campaigned for everyone seeking out the truth.

I don't see answers to the question related to what role she played other than clerk. That may have been missed when you read my post. Several other people asked that of you also.

I don't believe most candidates will come on here. I think they use other methods to reach the voting public.

You are correct,They use other people to deny claims against them :D

You are correct,They use other people to deny claims against them :D

As long as you mean ALL of them do?

No - lol - I mean going to events, putting there name out there and being accessible via email/websites/facebook/phone.

Shall we all give this a rest for now?

They do... :D

I have no personal vendetta with Beverly Cochran, I will state again she seems to be a very nice person, Just does not have the credentials to be a County Commiissoner.

We need commissioners who will represent the citizens, Not special interest groups

Only the lefties. 8)

You know I really like all of the candidates vying for this position; however, can you please tell me why Beverly Cochran does not have the credentials to be a County Commissioner? Can you please share with us what makes either of the other candidates more qualified than Beverly?

Well..................... Using her supporters arguments for the past 13 years She has only been a Clerk doing menial jobs,Such as preparing the minutes etc.For the county commissioners. With no input with the decision making process of the commission.( though I seriously doubt she had no input on decisions that affected the citizens of Paulding County)A "Clerk" does not have enough credentials to properly run a County

Adam Gregory was the past Chairman of the Paulding Couty Republican Party, I assume duly elected by his peers, And owns and runs a profitable business

Todd Pownell Owns his own business,And Like Adam Gregory knows what it is like to meet a payroll, Proper use of their personnell etc, And both are also pillars of the community, And god fearing Christian men

Both know what it means to have the lively hood of their employees in their hands.

Look at the web sites, All three have one And you decide, I have no knowledge of either Todd or Adam being connected to the good ole boys network, that's enough for me

They do... :D

Only the lefties. 8)

PFFT

Please enlighten the rest of us in the county and provide details on an investiagtion. I personally haven't heard anything about any investigation - you are always eluding to some of our county leaders being investigated but ironically, nothing ever seems to come of it. Are you able to substantiate your accusations Whitey? If you are, could you please do us all a favor and "fill us in"? Otherwise I will have to assume that there is once again, nothing to investigate.

I will be the first one to applaud the efforts of an investigation if there is something going on; however, you and a couple of others having been singing "this song" and "dancing this dance" for a few years now and nothing substantial has turned up.

Yep, we have been talking about investigations for some time, Need I point you to the thread where Glen Richardson was accused of an affair and some on this forum fell all over themselves defending him, And the claim was thrown out by the State Ethics commission. Were you one of them??

But the truth wii eventually come out, And did :D You know the rest of the story

Well..................... Using her supporters arguments for the past 13 years She has only been a Clerk doing menial jobs,Such as preparing the minutes etc.For the county commissioners. With no input with the decision making process of the commission.( though I seriously doubt she had no input on decisions that affected the citizens of Paulding County)A "Clerk" does not have enough credentials to properly run a County

Adam Gregory was the past Chairman of the Paulding Couty Republican Party, I assume duly elected by his peers, And owns and runs a profitable business

Todd Pownell Owns his own business,And Like Adam Gregory knows what it is like to meet a payroll, Proper use of their personnell etc, And both are also pillars of the community, And god fearing Christian men

Both know what it means to have the lively hood of their employees in their hands.

Look at the web sites, All three have one And you decide, I have no knowledge of either Todd or Adam being connected to the good ole boys network, that's enough for me

PFFT

Yeah, God love her. She's either a mere secretary or in cohoots with the devil. So what are the requirements to be a County Commissioner?

PFFT

I have to admit I normally do not post anything on this website and only read the threads for fun but since we are in a crunch time with our county, state and country, I figured I would chime in just to say that I am not really into politics but our current situation has gotten me more curious and concerned.

I must say that I got a chance to hear all three of the candidates for Post 2 speak the other day and you have got to hear Adam Gregory speak. I have not heard such a passionate and heartfelt speach from a small county politician like that before. I could feel that he really meant what he said and truly believed it and would fight for me, the taxpayer and normal person.

Now again, I do not get into politics alot, but this guy makes me want to vote and love my county, state, and country. Go hear him speak and decide for yourself. This is just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

Rookie to PCom (lol) * Remember this is just my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone. You can tell I do not like these public forums, haha! Thanks guys.

Yep, we have been talking about investigations for some time, Need I point you to the thread where Glen Richardson was accused of an affair and some on this forum fell all over themselves defending him, And the claim was thrown out by the State Ethics commission. Were you one of them??

But the truth wii eventually come out, And did :D You know the rest of the story

And once again, no specific information from you - just the continued typing of words on a message forum that don't offer any substance or details. By the way, ANYONE can be accused of ANYTHING at ANYTIME and it doesn't necessarily make it so.

Here is info from Beverly's website - please note her extensive experience and tell me again why she is not as qualified as the others:

Beverly Cochran, her husband Ray and their three sons moved to Paulding County in 1978. Her parents, grandparents and great grandparents were raised in Paulding County. Beverly grew up in Riverdale, Georgia and graduated from North Clayton High School. She has a degree in Business Management, an Organizational Management Certificate and is a Certified County Clerk.

Beverly has been a leader in the community for more than 20 years. She has proven to be a public servant through her efforts working as the Executive Assistant to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners and Ex-Officio Clerk for more than 12 years. She also handled the programming for the county's government access cable channel. Prior to that she served as Vice President of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce for six years and Supervisor at Victory Christian Academy for seven years.

She has been an active member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church for more than 30 years. She taught Sunday School, worked with the youth, and was pianist off and on during that time. Her strong faith and love for the youth of the county has been displayed by her work, not only at Mt. Zion, but also serving as Cub Scout Den Mother and working with the Boy Scouts as well.

While working at the Paulding and Bartow Chambers of Commerce, she facilitated the Adult and Youth Leadership Programs. One entire session was devoted to “County Government 101,” a program that she formulated. She used that program while working in the commission office to teach student government classes, as well as Youth Leadership Paulding.

Beverly served as chairperson for the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission (formerly Coosa Valley Regional Development Center) that provides services to Paulding County, such as the planning, grant writing, home-bound services and Meals on Wheels. She has also served as chairperson for the American Business Women's Association and Helping Hands of Paulding County.

Beverly is a member of the NRA and GeorgiaCarry.org. She currently serves on the WellStar Paulding Regional Health Services Board, and she has served on the boards of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce, United Way, the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission (formerly Coosa Valley RDC), the Regional Advisory Council, the Governor's P-16 Council, and the Boys & Girls Club of Paulding. Beverly served as the commission's representative on the Council of Chief Elected Officials as well. She has actively participated in the Paulding Civitan Club and the Georgia County Clerk's Association.

http://www.beverlycochran.com/Post2Commissioner/Meet_Beverly.html

This is not an endoresement, just facts. I plan on talking to all of the candidates and then making an intelligent, informed decision as to the manner in which I will vote.

P. S. Psssst.....Glenn Richardson has absolutely nothing to do with this race so I'm not quite sure why you even brought his name up.

PFFT

Oh so now being a Clerk is a "menial" job - not my words but yours (see above).

OK, as some of you know, we have pending litigation against the Board of Commissioners, Contour Development Inc., and its president Mickey Womble which go back now 4 years, to May of 2006. Primary basis for the suits is Zoning Fraud.

We are currently waiting for a rulling from Judge Beavers on a motion on which we had oral arguments March 17th,

The Board of Commissioners have now spend in excess of $1,000,000 litigating our suits

Yes, more than $1 MILLION of Paulding County Tax payer money, primarily to keep us from getting into a courthroom with a trial.

Several months after David Austin took office we met with him and offered to sit down with the BOC and negotiate a settlement with their part of the suit.

We were informed several weeks later only 2 of the 5 commissioners would agree to negotiating.

At that time the total spent was $749,000 and change. Since then another $250,000+ has been spent.

Note: We WOULD HAVE been willing to settle for far, far less than the amount spent by the BOC to Holland & Knight/Kieth Wiener in Atlabta. Key word there now is WOULD HAVE. Now we want to go in front of a jury and let them decide how much.

So, I have a question for our candidates running for the BOC in the 3 Post Seats open in the July Election:

Would you agree and support litigating a citizen to the tune of $1Million+ to protect a developer and some of the county offices [PDOT, Community Development, Country Attorney, Water Department, and the BOC itself] from having to face this citizen and his family in a courtroom trial and refuse to even attempt to negotiate a settlement ?

How say 'ye ?

I say we are so tired of hearing this??????????????????????

• Like 1

And once again, no specific information from you - just the continued typing of words on a message forum that don't offer any substance or details. By the way, ANYONE can be accused of ANYTHING at ANYTIME and it doesn't necessarily make it so.

P. S. Psssst.....Glenn Richardson has absolutely nothing to do with this race so I'm not quite sure why you even brought his name up.

Oh so now being a Clerk is a "menial" job - not my words but yours (see above).

Hi Beach Bum

Top of the morning to ya PSST Glen Richardson has every thing to do with this race, The good ole boy's network is attempting a come back :blush:

If you would take the time to read the entire thread you would see that Beverly's supporters have down played her role in the Shearin adminstration to nothing more than a clerk, With no decision making responsibilities. PFFT We all know better :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Beach Bum

Top of the morning to ya PSST Glen Richardson has every thing to do with this race, The good ole boy's network is attempting a come back :blush:

If you would take the time to read the entire thread you would see that Beverly's supporters have down played her role in the Shearin adminstration to nothing more than a clerk, With no decision making responsibilities. PFFT We all know better :lol:

All I am asking of you is that you back up what you are stating above. Anybody can just type words on a message forum - backing them up is a completely different matter.

You know Whitey, did it ever occur to you that things are not always as they appear? Just because Beverly was simply DOING HER JOB doesn't necessarily mean that she agreed 100% with every decision made.

I guess if you want to, you could flip this around and say that she has observed for so many years that she probably has very useful insight on how to perform the job in a more effective, efficient manner.

Hi Beach Bum

Top of the morning to ya PSST Glen Richardson has every thing to do with this race, The good ole boy's network is attempting a come back blush.gif

If you would take the time to read the entire thread you would see that Beverly's supporters have down played her role in the Shearin adminstration to nothing more than a clerk, With no decision making responsibilities. PFFT We all know better laugh.gif

Wow. Just Wow. I too am new here like the person a few posts up. I heard about this site yesterday as a good place to get information that helps people?????

I didn't think women were allowed to be part of Good Ole Boys?

I saw earlier post about staying silent during a tax increase issue. During this year's millage rate increase debacle, Adam spoke against this at the commissioner meeting.

Todd was on the list of approved to voice opposition but stayed silent. Does staying silent mean that he too didn't do what was best for this county? Isn't this what was the lady was accused of in an event that occured last year? If so we're running out of candidates.

Shouldn't we give the lady her chance? Or is this all something more against women in office or something?

I heard from some that attended the builders association meeting this week that a candidate mentioned a bible verse in closing - that encouraged the MEN (apologies made to women in the room that day) to remember that they are to be the leaders "of the household".

Come on folks, this is 2010. Give everyone a fair shot based on their credentials, not ex-employers.

I call it as I see it. <_<

I was around when all of the mudslinging you all did to Jerry and how you looked forward to Austin taking on your case and here it is, nothing has happened now has it?

:good:

I don't have a case or an agenda. If you saw nothing wrong with the way Jerry did things you are either ignorant or one of them. And quite honestly, you don't qualify to be one of them.

I have to admit I normally do not post anything on this website and only read the threads for fun but since we are in a crunch time with our county, state and country, I figured I would chime in just to say that I am not really into politics but our current situation has gotten me more curious and concerned.

I must say that I got a chance to hear all three of the candidates for Post 2 speak the other day and you have got to hear Adam Gregory speak. I have not heard such a passionate and heartfelt speach from a small county politician like that before. I could feel that he really meant what he said and truly believed it and would fight for me, the taxpayer and normal person.

Now again, I do not get into politics alot, but this guy makes me want to vote and love my county, state, and country. Go hear him speak and decide for yourself. This is just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

Rookie to PCom (lol) * Remember this is just my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone. You can tell I do not like these public forums, haha! Thanks guys.

Thank you for chiming in about Adam. The voters in Post 2 have some good candidates from which to choose and I think they should do their own research about the qualifications each of them brings to the table. Sometimes personal feelings concerning a situation can cloud their feelings about the folks who were involved. Whether those folks were actively involved or just bystanders.

Thank you for chiming in about Adam. The voters in Post 2 have some good candidates from which to choose and I think they should do their own research about the qualifications each of them brings to the table. Sometimes personal feelings concerning a situation can cloud their feelings about the folks who were involved. Whether those folks were actively involved or just bystanders.

I've narrowed my choice to either Mr. Gregory or Mr. Pownall. There's no way I can support Mrs. Cochran and the reason is her past association with Jerry Shearin. She may be a super nice, smart and well qualified candidate, but Mr. Shearin screwed the people of Paulding County and I won't forget that she was part of his administration.

That may seem unfair by some, but there will always be the feeling of guilt by association.

Wow. Just Wow. I too am new here like the person a few posts up. I heard about this site yesterday as a good place to get information that helps people?????

I didn't think women were allowed to be part of Good Ole Boys?

I saw earlier post about staying silent during a tax increase issue. During this year's millage rate increase debacle, Adam spoke against this at the commissioner meeting.

Todd was on the list of approved to voice opposition but stayed silent. Does staying silent mean that he too didn't do what was best for this county? Isn't this what was the lady was accused of in an event that occured last year? If so we're running out of candidates.

Shouldn't we give the lady her chance? Or is this all something more against women in office or something?

I heard from some that attended the builders association meeting this week that a candidate mentioned a bible verse in closing - that encouraged the MEN (apologies made to women in the room that day) to remember that they are to be the leaders "of the household".

Come on folks, this is 2010. Give everyone a fair shot based on their credentials, not ex-employers.

Green Eyed Girl

Welcome to P.Com Good to see that word is getting around that P.Com is the place for politics in Paulding County.

Such a shame that More candidates choose not to participate in these forums.

I have nothing against women running for office, And would not hestiate to vote for a woman, Case in point Karen Handel seems to be the most qualified candidate in the Republican field for Governor.

I do not agree that we should overlook the past 13 years of Beverly's employment. It certaintly has a bearing on her ability to focus on the needs of the Citizens of Paulding County.

Just so you know,Some one gave you some bad information That Todd was on the "LIST" and remained silent. Fact is there was no list at that meeting, It was a Public Hearing open to the public with no need to put one;s name on any list prior to speaking.

I was at the meeting and planned on speaking my self, But other spoke about the same things that I going to speak about, And I saw no need of being Redundant.

Did Beverly attend this meeting? Did she remain silent? Fact is while she was the Executive Adminstrator she was on the podium for most all of the tax increases proposed by the previous adminstration.Furthermore she was not in attendance at the meeting where Adam spoke, Further proof that Beverly could care less about the tax increases being imposed on the citizens of Paulding County.