Paulding.com

Paulding: The race is on for DA, State Senate and GA House

Nope. They came out of the chute wearing their religion and their right to life crap on their sleeves. I have seen way too many set themselves up for failure by doing this sort of thing. No-freakin-body can live up to these standards. I just want people to be honest with me, and to do that they are going to first have to be honest with themselves.

drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Vote Pandering is all it is for, but if that is what floats their boat then so be it.

And SCOTUS is going to overturn Roe v Wade when ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I very much disagree with this statement. In my 30 years of working in the legal field with some very large Atlanta firms as well as smaller local firms, I have had the pleasure of working with some

Yeah, the hair, someone needs to tell him this isn't the 60s.   He has about as much of a chance of winning as earth being hit by an astroid.   Your Sinclair comment is absurd as well.

A good start would be, as I suggested before, to reduce the impact of high stakes testing in the classroom. All tests like the CRCT do is test how well a teacher can instruct a student to pass a test

Nope. They came out of the chute wearing their religion and their right to life crap on their sleeves. I have seen way too many set themselves up for failure by doing this sort of thing. No-freakin-body can live up to these standards. I just want people to be honest with me, and to do that they are going to first have to be honest with themselves.

Pownall doesn't wear his "religion" on his sleeve?

Picture of him at Prayer Garden at WRC - http://toddpownall.com/index.php?page=letter

Todd, Kevin & Darren at the Prayer Rock at WRC - bottom of page - http://toddpownall.com/index.php?page=family

Referring to “Give of your Time, Give of your Talents and Give of your Treasures” in his letter.

By the way, I don't have an issue with Pownall for any of that. I'm just saying if you're so sensitive to the issue of religion mixed with politics, it would seem that Mr. Pownall is very conscious about communicating his faith to the voters also.

No offense Will Avery, but what makes you think a 26 year old college student teaching history classes knows what is best for small business owners? Have you held a private sector job before? I see you have worked for a land surveyor. Do you have any managerial experience? Have you had to hire or fire people? Have you had to make decisions that would affect peoples lives? Have you managed money that could sink or float a company? What about organizing products/materials with a crucial time variable so preplanning efforts are maximized for profits? Have you had to lead people on projects that have concluded with profits? You see Will, I can "listen" to a lot of people and type what I have "heard" but until someone can "show" me what experience they can bring to the table when it comes to handling buisness, then my vote will not be cast for them. This went for the current white house occupant and it will go for anyone else I vote for. If you bring some of these to the table, then I might start to entertain your ideas.

Edited by Blazing Saddles
  • Like 1

No offense Will Avery, but what makes you think a 26 year old college student teaching history classes knows what is best for small business owners? Have you held a private sector job before? I see you have worked for a land surveyor. Do you have any managerial experience? Have you had to hire or fire people? Have you had to make decisions that would affect peoples lives? Have you managed money that could sink or float a company? What about organizing products/materials with a crucial time variable so preplanning efforts are maximized for profits? Have you had to lead people on projects that have concluded with profits? You see Will, I can "listen" to a lot of people and type what I have "heard" but until someone can "show" me what experience they can bring to the table when it comes to handling buisness, then my vote will not be cast for them. This went for the current white house occupant and it will go for anyone else I vote for. If you bring some of these to the table, then I might start to entertain your ideas.

As a matter for fact, yes to all of the above. And I will be 30 in the next few months by the way. I was not just a land surveyor. For the last two years, before I started graduate school, I was a project manager. I was responsible for creating budgets for projects, making proposals and directing crews to make sure the jobs turned a profit. I have had to help make decisions as to laying off employees when this recession really took hold. I have been involved in the process of letting senior employees go when newer employees were preforming better. I have done all of this and never had a single project that I was in charge of go into the red.

So to answer your question, I do have experience in a leadership position in the private sector. Please do not be so quick to judge me based upon what you already assume to be the truth. I think we will all benefit from not assuming things such as this.

Now that we have settled my private sector experience, can you at least entertain my ideas as you would say?

Frankly, I believe what needs to be done is a combination of new ideas and continual funding. If you look at other states, like Maryland, school vouchers are all but non-existent, but the quality of education is unmatched. Not to say that we can just up and be like any other state (I do not believe we can, nor should Georgia try to emulate others), but we need to look at the fact that well-funded schools are the only way to keep public schools at a high quality HOWEVER this must be done in conjunction with smart practices. I hope that made some lick of sense. It's been a long day.

Personally, I think that discussing school vouchers is a straw man argument. If a student wants to go to another public school for a valid reason (i.e. they have a much better program in, say, automotive studies), a choice like that should exist. This is not to say that students should be able to transfer at a whim for reasons like, say, joining a better sports team, but that if their academic progress would truly be benefitted by going to another nearby public school, that option should exist. However I also believe that saying that students should be able to transfer just because School X has better scores that School Y is not a good plan; one can gain an outstanding education anywhere, but it is a matter of making sure that we equip each school with the tools and staff to allow for this to occur.

As a matter for fact, yes to all of the above. And I will be 30 in the next few months by the way. I was not just a land surveyor. For the last two years, before I started graduate school, I was a project manager. I was responsible for creating budgets for projects, making proposals and directing crews to make sure the jobs turned a profit. I have had to help make decisions as to laying off employees when this recession really took hold. I have been involved in the process of letting senior employees go when newer employees were preforming better. I have done all of this and never had a single project that I was in charge of go into the red.

So to answer your question, I do have experience in a leadership position in the private sector. Please do not be so quick to judge me based upon what you already assume to be the truth. I think we will all benefit from not assuming things such as this.

Now that we have settled my private sector experience, can you at least entertain my ideas as you would say?

Thank you Will for answering my questions. Having that experience will at least give you a better angle on the current problems today. I will and have starting doing my part of entertaining your ideas. Your proposals are still VERY far from my ideals but at least you have "some" experience to bring to the table. Thanks again.

Thank you Will for answering my questions. Having that experience will at least give you a better angle on the current problems today. I will and have starting doing my part of entertaining your ideas. Your proposals are still VERY far from my ideals but at least you have "some" experience to bring to the table. Thanks again.

Thanks for asking me these questions. That is why I come on this message board. So that people can ask me questions and I can honestly respond to them.

Pownall doesn't wear his "religion" on his sleeve?

Picture of him at Prayer Garden at WRC - http://toddpownall.com/index.php?page=letter

Todd, Kevin & Darren at the Prayer Rock at WRC - bottom of page - http://toddpownall.com/index.php?page=family

Referring to “Give of your Time, Give of your Talents and Give of your Treasures” in his letter.

By the way, I don't have an issue with Pownall for any of that. I'm just saying if you're so sensitive to the issue of religion mixed with politics, it would seem that Mr. Pownall is very conscious about communicating his faith to the voters also.

For once you are right! I was disappointed in him for that as well. Crap, everyone would freak out if some guy threw down a blanket, knelt and started chanting weird crap every day about lunch time but those same people think a Christian religious fanatic is a good thing to have running our business. They both scare the hell out of me.

The people that I have known that truly "walk with God" don't have to announce it.

Don't know who I will vote for but at least Avery has enough to come on here and post..... Good for you, don't know if I will vote for him or not, but he is young and has enough gumption to try to lead, that is a good thing, considdering what we have had in the past..

I speak from personal experience of knowing the person .Mr.Donovan is a well respected Atty as well as a devoted family man and man of faith.He is active in his community by way of serving his church.He is competent as well as compassionate.Reality not politics is what this county needs!Someone who really has a vast and REAL perspective of what will bring justice to the community. Please remember politics is more than a resume it affects our lives.Look at what the person represents not the hot air he can create!VOTE if you have an opinion!!!

I speak from personal experience of knowing the person .Mr.Donovan is a well respected Atty as well as a devoted family man and man of faith.He is active in his community by way of serving his church.He is competent as well as compassionate.Reality not politics is what this county needs!Someone who really has a vast and REAL perspective of what will bring justice to the community. Please remember politics is more than a resume it affects our lives.Look at what the person represents not the hot air he can create!VOTE if you have an opinion!!!

In this particular issue I have found for every 1 person who thinks he's going to be a great DA, 3 do not. That, alone, is extremely telling about an attorney's abilities to be a quality DA.