Paulding.com

Paulding: The race is on for DA, State Senate and GA House

I very much agree NJ. I hope it doesn't turn ugly either - I really like all 3 of the guys running and I do not want to see it turn ugly. We as voters have some very tough decisions to make in our local races and I think we should all do our research on the candidates as these positions are very important and impact us greatly (individually and as a community).

I do think there have been some very unfair statements made about Chad Plumley here such as "he is riding on his father-in-law's coattails". You know maybe he is just concerned about the well being of our county and its citizens and would like to have the opportunity to serve our community in this capacity.

I agree with all you have said BB!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I very much disagree with this statement. In my 30 years of working in the legal field with some very large Atlanta firms as well as smaller local firms, I have had the pleasure of working with some

Yeah, the hair, someone needs to tell him this isn't the 60s.   He has about as much of a chance of winning as earth being hit by an astroid.   Your Sinclair comment is absurd as well.

A good start would be, as I suggested before, to reduce the impact of high stakes testing in the classroom. All tests like the CRCT do is test how well a teacher can instruct a student to pass a test

Why do you guys attempt to twist and turn comments ?

Listen closely"

In my humble opinion

ALL 3 OF THE CURRENT DISTRICT 19 CANDIDATES ARE AS WORTHLESS AS A TEAT ON A BOAR HOG!

This is just as bad as Glenn Richardson unopposed. There is no "one is better than another".

Clear enough?

Paulding has not had any true representation under the dome in 10+ years.

And it appears that will continue.

Glenn was out for his financial backers and did nothing for Paulding other than outlaw impact fees, make it easy to start up and sell banks, let the residential developers have their way, protect big pharma and the health insurance companies, and piss off Sonny so he killed the $4million for our airport terminal building.

None of the current 3 candidates are worth wasting a vote on.

There are 21 hours and a few minutes left to qualify.

I hope and pray someone can step up to the plate in time.

I don't really know anyone in Paulding, but maybe you and the others that know a lot of people in this county, have ideas of who should be stepping up to the plate and give them a little nudge.

Of course they do. Just like when (for an example) the economy is great and bankruptcies are slow, bankruptcy attorneys will sometimes migrate to other ares of law and might leave "messes" to clean up.

I personally admire anyone in any profession that strives to broaden their horizons and learn new things. A broad base of experience is very useful when times are tough.

Funny---I have worked for 3 different BK attorneys and they have never done anything but BK--period. One of them has been doing BK's for over 20 years.

I take you don't know Paulette well.........dry.gif

And Stout is another philandering theocrat.

Avery appears to be the class clown.

Not much to choose from at this point, not much at all.

Maybe an Independent will come along.

Ok, my work day often starts about 5am and sometimes runs past 8pm so I usually can’t take time to post….

However, I know Will Avery. He is a very serious, honest, intelligent and informed man. He is also one of the hardest working people you could ever meet. He is a dedicated family man and trustworthy to a fault.

We do need to replace Mr. Stout but not because he made a mistake many years ago. That has no bearing on this race or his qualifications.

It is his voting record and zealotry that make him unqualified.

My knowledge of the other candidate is limited so I reserve my judgment till I have done more research. I seriously doubt that there is anyone else running that can match Mr. Avery’s intelligence or knowledge of the issues. This state needs more people like him in both parties.

BTW, anyone who votes for any candidate primarily because of party affiliation, Democrat or Republican, is doing damage to their community and country. And if you vote for or against someone because of their hairstyle… !

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Sinclair Lewis

• Like 1

Ok, my work day often starts about 5am and sometimes runs past 8pm so I usually cant take time to post….

However, I know Will Avery. He is a very serious, honest, intelligent and informed man. He is also one of the hardest working people you could ever meet. He is a dedicated family man and trustworthy to a fault.

We do need to replace Mr. Stout but not because he made a mistake many years ago. That has no bearing on this race or his qualifications.

My knowledge of the other candidate is limited so I reserve my judgment till I have done more research. I seriously doubt that there is anyone else running that can match Mr. Averys intelligence or knowledge of the issues. This state needs more people like him in both parties.

BTW, anyone who votes for any candidate primarily because of party affiliation, Democrat or Republican, is doing damage to their community and country. And if you vote for or against someone because of their hairstyle… !

When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Sinclair Lewis

Yeah, the hair, someone needs to tell him this isn't the 60s. <_<

He has about as much of a chance of winning as earth being hit by an astroid.

Your Sinclair comment is absurd as well. :wacko:

Edited by PraiseThee
  • Like 1

Ok, my work day often starts about 5am and sometimes runs past 8pm so I usually can't take time to post….

My knowledge of the other candidate is limited so I reserve my judgment till I have done more research. I seriously doubt that there is anyone else running that can match Mr. Avery's intelligence or knowledge of the issues. This state needs more people like him in both parties.

"When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

Sinclair Lewis

There is another candidate that signed up as a Republican this morning.....Steve Golden. I know of him, but no details.

I watched and listened to Avery's video of a speech he presented last month concerning education and he is an articulate speaker who had some very good thoughts. This district is one of the most conservative in the state though, and many will not vote for him no matter what just because he is a Dem. I agree that is cutting off your nose in spite of your face, but that is indeed Paulding County.

Mr Avery's physical appearance will not help him out with those voters. I am not saying that is right or wrong, only stating what I think is a fact.

There is another candidate that signed up as a Republican this morning.....Steve Golden. I know of him, but no details.

I watched and listened to Avery's video of a speech he presented last month concerning education and he is an articulate speaker who had some very good thoughts. This district is one of the most conservative in the state though, and many will not vote for him no matter what just because he is a Dem. I agree that is cutting off your nose in spite of your face, but that is indeed Paulding County.

Mr Avery's physical appearance will not help him out with those voters. I am not saying that is right or wrong, only stating what I think is a fact.

Yeah, so was PIBO. :rofl:

one state rep candidate's campaign manager has the same name as one of the other candidates! wacko.gif

Yep! He is Steve W. Golden and has something to do with the Young Democrats organization. The Republican who is running is Steve R. Golden. Threw me for a couple of minutes.

Yeah, so was PIBO. :rofl:

Ithy it goes without saying you would cut your arm off before voting for someone signed up as a democrat, and would even vote for the devil himself before doing so for a dem.

Depending on how Mr Golden shakes out, Avery may be the only choice left for many voters, a lot of whom don't really care if they have an R or a D after their name.

You know, I do not think it is fair to say that Will is a student...well, yes, but not really, he does work. Now I am not saying he is the most qualified or best...but, that puts him in a category. Yes, he is smart...and can he work with older voters....

You know, I do not think it is fair to say that Will is a student...well, yes, but not really, he does work. Now I am not saying he is the most qualified or best...but, that puts him in a category. Yes, he is smart...and can he work with older voters....

I understood that he was in Grad School at West Georgia and his wife is a teacher at North Paulding. I think a moderate Dem, who is in Grad School could possibly be a pretty good legislator. He has not had the time and opportunity to get jaded and twisted by the Powers that Be.

And folks like him tend to think outside the box, which can be good.

But at the same time, without being too corny, I think if you are going to take a serious stab at an elected office that you might want to take a very close look at your physical appearance and how you dress. Kind of a "Walk the walk and talk the talk" sort of thing. You will catch more with honey than vinegar.

There are no "background" necessities to be a legislator, and personnally I feel we have way too many lawyers now. Getting something of a mix could be a good thing.

I understood that he was in Grad School at West Georgia and his wife is a teacher at North Paulding. I think a moderate Dem, who is in Grad School could possibly be a pretty good legislator. He has not had the time and opportunity to get jaded and twisted by the Powers that Be.

And folks like him tend to think outside the box, which can be good.

But at the same time, without being too corny, I think if you are going to take a serious stab at an elected office that you might want to take a very close look at your physical appearance and how you dress. Kind of a "Walk the walk and talk the talk" sort of thing. You will catch more with honey than vinegar.

There are no "background" necessities to be a legislator, and personnally I feel we have way too many lawyers now. Getting something of a mix could be a good thing.

I would look less at whether there was a D or R beside the name than I would the Occupation. Student does not cut it for me!nea.gif

Is this Steve Golden that was the builder??? That's the only one I know, but I am sure there are others.

Yep! He is Steve W. Golden and has something to do with the Young Democrats organization. The Republican who is running is Steve R. Golden. Threw me for a couple of minutes.

What is Steve W Golden running for? I thought he was the campaign manager for Avery? I am so confused. Who can point out (link) where I can go and read about each candidate? TIA

The Georgia house of representatives is currently approximately 10 percent lawyers???

I lost count, but it is a few more than that.

What was amazing when I looked was how many ministers, real estate brokers, and Insurance agents. I am just kind of burned out on lawyers and bankers.

What is Steve W Golden running for? I thought he was the campaign manager for Avery? I am so confused. Who can point out (link) where I can go and read about each candidate? TIA

Steve W. is the campaign manger for Avery (D). The fact that Steve R. ® is running for the office made things a little confusing for some of us for a few minutes.

I think it is straight now.

Actually, lots of conservative neatly trimmed folks walking around today once had long hair. Look at some old pictures of Newt Gingrich if you want to see a personification of "burned out old hippy." Will got a hair cut since those photos were taken. And, I'd say he cleans up pretty well.

Also, Will teaches history classes at the University of West Georgia while finishing his Masters. I believe his profile will now show "historian/educator."

Listen folks, it was not good when all you could vote for in Paulding County or Georgia were Democrats. Any time you only have one party that is viable the quality of candidates and the service they give to their constituents gets worse. Will is a better choice for this district from either ethical or qualifications considerations. I don't really challenge any candidate's honestly when I say that. I mean he is at least anyone else's match or better as an ethical hard working person. And it is a fairly safe bet that none of the other folks are going to touch him on smarts or knowledge of important issues.

Actually, lots of conservative neatly trimmed folks walking around today once had long hair. Look at some old pictures of Newt Gingrich if you want to see a personification of "burned out old hippy." Will got a hair cut since those photos were taken. And, I'd say he cleans up pretty well.

Also, Will teaches history classes at the University of West Georgia while finishing his Masters. I believe his profile will now show "historian/educator."

Listen folks, it was not good when all you could vote for in Paulding County or Georgia were Democrats. Any time you only have one party that is viable the quality of candidates and the service they give to their constituents gets worse. Will is a better choice for this district from either ethical or qualifications considerations. I don't really challenge any candidate's honestly when I say that. I mean he is at least anyone else's match or better as an ethical hard working person. And it is a fairly safe bet that none of the other folks are going to touch him on smarts or knowledge of important issues.

Thanks!

I guess I am an old Hippie as well, but when it was time to enter the business world I lost the pony tail although I did keep the beard, which I keep trimmed. I am glad to know Will is realizing the strategies he will require if he has a chance.

I also agree that it would be nice to have a choice come November if the July primary puts an "R" in who I can't support. It has been several years now since I voted in district 19 for anyone other than writing in Mickey Mouse, and I could care less what letter is after his name on the ballot.

Does he have an ex-mother in law ?ninja.gif

Another clarification, if I understand this correctly, Steven Golden, the "Avery for Georgia campaign Manager" has lived in Georgia for years but has had the same phone number for years since he lived somewhere else. In other words, Will Avery is not being run by "outsiders" as was possibly implied in an earlier post.

(not Steve Golden the newest qualifier for the Republican Party primary race)

"Never wrestle with a pig. The pigs enjoys it more than you do and you both get muddy."

unknown

He listed HIMSELF as a student. blink.gif

Steve W. is the campaign manger for Avery (D). The fact that Steve R. ® is running for the office made things a little confusing for some of us for a few minutes.

I think it is straight now.

Thanks. I was trying to follow but got a bit lost! LOL Is there a fact page that has all the candidates together?

His qualification info at SOS stated "student". Is he teaching full-time?

Will is a better choice for this district from either ethical or qualifications considerations.

He'll have to prove it.

And it is a fairly safe bet that none of the other folks are going to touch him on smarts or knowledge of important issues.

Arrogant.

His qualification info at SOS stated "student". Is he teaching full-time?

He'll have to prove it.

Arrogant.

He did not say those things. I said those things about him. If you get to know him, there is a good chance you'll believe similarly. As for full time teaching or not, he is a full time Masters Candidate who teaches history classes for pay. Newt Gingrich did the same thing when I was at West Georgia in the 70s. The difference is that Will is probably a brighter study and also is actually a faithful husband and father.

What a difference time makes. Back then, Newt G was an idealistic ecologist or at least talked a good game.

Yeah, he is running on one issue...wow, he has my support. :rolleyes:

So, you signed up 2 years ago and just now begun posting?

Edited by PraiseThee

Yeah, he is running on one issue...wow, he has my support. :rolleyes:

He is concerned about more than one issue. Education is an important issue. Georgia is rated 46th(?) in the US and is apparently determined to keep that rating or maybe go lower. That affects whether businesses locate here or not. Our high schools aren't producing students that can make it in our best colleges. Fire the parents? I don't believe it is the teachers fault.

Yes, I've never taken time to post before. I'm trying to survive running a business. This recession officially started in 2007 but really started in 2006 for lots of folks including me. Recoveries on average start 2 years after a recession begins (in the Financial sector this recession was over a couple of quarters ago) but also on average employment takes about 5 years to recover.

And this recession is much worse than average. It is certainly the worst one since the 1930s. Let's see... 2006/2007 plus 5 years... I just don't know if I'll financially survive that long. This is a deep hole to climb out of.

He is concerned about more than one issue. Education is an important issue. Georgia is rated 46th(?) in the US and is apparently determined to keep that rating or maybe go lower. That affects whether businesses locate here or not. Our high schools aren't producing students that can make it in our best colleges. Fire the parents? I don't believe it is the teachers fault.

Yes, I've never taken time to post before. I'm trying to survive running a business. This recession officially started in 2007 but really started in 2006 for lots of folks including me. Recoveries on average start 2 years after a recession begins (in the Financial sector this recession was over a couple of quarters ago) but also on average employment takes about 5 years to recover.

And this recession is much worse than average. It is certainly the worst one since the 1930s. Let's see... 2006/2007 plus 5 years... I just don't know if I'll financially survive that long. This is a deep hole to climb out of.

I would not waste my time jousting with the Posse.

Hell would freeze over solid, and if they had a choice of voting for someone with a "D" next to their name or Satan himself [of course with an "R"] they would vote for Satan, and carefully explain why.

I look forward to seeing what kind of a candidate Will can be. Age wise he is the same as Stout, the previous "Annointed One" until the Posse found out he had some rather embarrassing familial skeletons in his closet which he failed to mention when he signed up for the job.

He did not say those things. I said those things about him. If you get to know him, there is a good chance you'll believe similarly. As for full time teaching or not, he is a full time Masters Candidate who teaches history classes for pay. Newt Gingrich did the same thing when I was at West Georgia in the 70s. The difference is that Will is probably a brighter study and also is actually a faithful husband and father.

What a difference time makes. Back then, Newt G was an idealistic ecologist or at least talked a good game.

He has qualified as a Democrat and you are trying to tell me is is brighter than Newt??? In my book that says that he is not! Course by the time he is 40 he may think with his brain more than with his heart.

Yeah, he is running on one issue...wow, he has my support. rolleyes.gif

Be careful there PT I know another candidate in the race that I feel is a one issue candidate.

And the Posse keeps true to its roots. Regardless of ideology, if you do not have an "R" next to your name then your are just a big turd.

I have NEVER agreed to play partisian politics, but I have some bad feelings about how bad the "R's are going to get their collective butts kicked this November.

But, possibly afterwards, some of the scores which the "R"s feel they need to settle, from the past 100+ years will fall by the wayside.

And the Posse keeps true to its roots. Regardless of ideology, if you do not have an "R" next to your name then your are just a big turd.

I have NEVER agreed to play partisian politics, but I have some bad feelings about how bad the "R's are going to get their collective butts kicked this November.

But, possibly afterwards, some of the scores which the "R"s feel they need to settle, from the past 100+ years will fall by the wayside.

I don't see a blast happening of Dems taking over. Besides, I was a dem until the Reagan years and haven't looked back since and happy I didn't either.

Edited by PraiseThee

He did not say those things. I said those things about him. If you get to know him, there is a good chance you'll believe similarly.

I didn't say HE was arrogant.

As for full time teaching or not, he is a full time Masters Candidate who teaches history classes for pay. Newt Gingrich did the same thing when I was at West Georgia in the 70s. The difference is that Will is probably a brighter study and also is actually a faithful husband and father.

So, he works part-time. So, the SOS website is correct, he's a student.

While I don't agree with Newt's personal choices, you obviously haven't read much from him lately. ;)

I very much agree NJ. I hope it doesn't turn ugly either - I really like all 3 of the guys running and I do not want to see it turn ugly. We as voters have some very tough decisions to make in our local races and I think we should all do our research on the candidates as these positions are very important and impact us greatly (individually and as a community).

I do think there have been some very unfair statements made about Chad Plumley here such as "he is riding on his father-in-law's coattails". You know maybe he is just concerned about the well being of our county and its citizens and would like to have the opportunity to serve our community in this capacity.

It will..it has already begun and will be this way until whenever.

I would not waste my time jousting with the Posse.

Hell would freeze over solid, and if they had a choice of voting for someone with a "D" next to their name or Satan himself [of course with an "R"] they would vote for Satan, and carefully explain why.

I look forward to seeing what kind of a candidate Will can be. Age wise he is the same as Stout, the previous "Annointed One" until the Posse found out he had some rather embarrassing familial skeletons in his closet which he failed to mention when he signed up for the job.

You would be wrong.

Will look forward to seeing Avery's website, when I pulled it up, it was still I guess under construction... I don't care what symbol they have next to their name, or basically how they look, or if they are a man or woman, all I want to know is what they can honestly do for us, what they stand for and what they want to accomplish.... they is always what I have voted for. Stout will definately not get my vote.

Edited by cherokeewoman