Paulding.com

Paulding: The race is on for DA, State Senate and GA House

I take you don't know Paulette well.........dry.gif

And Stout is another philandering theocrat.

Avery appears to be the class clown.

Not much to choose from at this point, not much at all.

Maybe an Independent will come along.

Actually I know her slightly better than I know Stout. I thought the poster I asked the question of might supply some info.huh.gif

Right now I would vote for her though.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I very much disagree with this statement. In my 30 years of working in the legal field with some very large Atlanta firms as well as smaller local firms, I have had the pleasure of working with some

Yeah, the hair, someone needs to tell him this isn't the 60s.   He has about as much of a chance of winning as earth being hit by an astroid.   Your Sinclair comment is absurd as well.

A good start would be, as I suggested before, to reduce the impact of high stakes testing in the classroom. All tests like the CRCT do is test how well a teacher can instruct a student to pass a test

Actually I know her slightly better than I know Stout. I thought the poster I asked the question of might supply some info.huh.gif

Right now I would vote for her though.

Give it time.

It is almost 3 months until the primary.

I promise you will be tired of hearing all of the "info" come the latter part of July.

Less than 24 hours remaining to qualify and we have a pitiful slate of candidates.

Give it time.

I promise you will be tired of hearing all of the "info" come the latter part of July.

Less than 24 hours remaining to qualify and we have a pitiful slate of candidates.

With a choice between Stout, Braddock or a 29 year old student. I'd have to say Braddock.

• Like 1

Give it time.

I have to admit that I wish more folks were willing to stand for office. I know that most don't have the time to take away from their jobs to step up and serve. Where are you our "average JOE"???sad.gif I wish he was in the race.

How soon we forget. Can you say repetitive school bond votes ?

I can say it. But given the choices it's still mine. Hell would freeze over before I voted for Stout for anything ever.

How soon we forget. Can you say repetitive school bond votes ?

And can you say...provide facts. 8)

I do know Paulette well enough and also discussed the school board issues of the past and where she stands. 8)

Edited by PraiseThee

Tell us why the other guy is better, PLEASE.unsure.gif

Why do you guys attempt to twist and turn comments ?

Listen closely"

In my humble opinion

ALL 3 OF THE CURRENT DISTRICT 19 CANDIDATES ARE AS WORTHLESS AS A TEAT ON A BOAR HOG!

This is just as bad as Glenn Richardson unopposed. There is no "one is better than another".

Clear enough?

Paulding has not had any true representation under the dome in 10+ years.

And it appears that will continue.

Glenn was out for his financial backers and did nothing for Paulding other than outlaw impact fees, make it easy to start up and sell banks, let the residential developers have their way, protect big pharma and the health insurance companies, and piss off Sonny so he killed the $4million for our airport terminal building.

None of the current 3 candidates are worth wasting a vote on.

There are 21 hours and a few minutes left to qualify.

I hope and pray someone can step up to the plate in time.

Why do you guys attempt to twist and turn comments ?

Listen closely"

In my humble opinion

ALL 3 OF THE CURRENT DISTRICT 19 CANDIDATES ARE AS WORTHLESS AS A TEAT ON A BOAR HOG!

This is just as bad as Glenn Richardson unopposed. There is no "one is better than another".

Clear enough?

Paulding has not had any true representation under the dome in 10+ years.

And it appears that will continue.

Glenn was out for his financial backers and did nothing for Paulding other than outlaw impact fees, make it easy to start up and sell banks, let the residential developers have their way, protect big pharma and the health insurance companies, and piss off Sonny so he killed the $4million for our airport terminal building.

None of the current 3 candidates are worth wasting a vote on.

There are 21 hours and a few minutes left to qualify.

I hope and pray someone can step up to the plate in time.

Okay, how does it change the choices we have? Unless our "Average Joe" decides to throw his/her name in the hat we will have ONE of these people. I will not fail to vote. That won't happen.

Out of the three choices, I would be willing to take my chances with Avery over Braddock and Stout. Braddock and Stout's reputations speak for themselves - I'm not voting for either of them (regardless of political affiliation). I think the seat is there for the taking if someone reputable is willing to step up and run.

From what I've seen, Drew Lane is nice. However, that office is a mess. Of the three running, quite frankly I find Dick Donovan the most qualified. Although I will confess to limited direct knowledge about Plumley. How would you suggest the research be carried out? It appears (on the surface) that people who are voting against Donovan have more personal issues than professional so I don't know how voters would get that information. And, I truly feel that a vote against Donovan is a vote for Lane and will put him right back in office and right back into the same mess we are currently in.

Google is our friend. :lol:

Plumley for Paulding

Out of the three choices, I would be willing to take my chances with Avery over Braddock and Stout. Braddock and Stout's reputations speak for themselves - I'm not voting for either of them (regardless of political affiliation). I think the seat is there for the taking if someone reputable is willing to step up and run.

Right not I might have to agree with you concerning Stout and Braddock. There is an awful lot of baggage and impropriety between those two.

I checked out Avery's website, and I am afraid we have Curly's grandson from the 3 stooges here. I hope someone will get his attention and get him a haircut and a nice suit.

Before you say that someone had NO criminal experience, you should read up about them....I'm just saying..... Chad Plumley will definitely have my vote.

Plumley for Paulding

Some people whom I respect and admire have stated they will be voting for Mr. Plumley. However, your comments are NOT helping Mr. Plumley at all.

Before you say that someone had NO criminal experience, you should read up about them....I'm just saying..... Chad Plumley will definitely have my vote.

Plumley for Paulding

Copied from the link:

Since returning to Paulding County, Chad has been involved with serving as a contract public defender for Haralson County for two years and serving as a contract attorney for the Juvenile Court of Paulding County for 1 year. Since October of 2002, he has served as a Magistrate Judge for Paulding County, and has also served as a part time judge for the City of Hiram since 2007. Additionally, Chad has served as a Special Master on several occasions and is a registered general civil mediator and arbitrator.

This does not constitute being a criminal defense attorney. Yes--he dabbled with a few cases and was a public defender. Public defender is easy money--that's why a lot of folks get into it. Little work = easy money. Magistrate Judge--very few criminal cases and City of Hiram--mostly traffic court. Juvenile Court is mostly family law with a few juvenile delinquents thrown in.

Still doesn't make him a criminal defense attorney. As I said earlier---riding the coat tails of Judge Foster and Fudger.

Edited by tbird

Plumley for Paulding

FYI: Neither Plumley nor Lane have any experience with the District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (meaning that they have not even entered an appearance in a federal case in this district). Donovan has had a few federal criminal cases. Granted, most criminal cases are heard in the state and superior courts, but I want someone with as much experience in criminal cases as possible.

Right not I might have to agree with you concerning Stout and Braddock. There is an awful lot of baggage and impropriety between those two.

I checked out Avery's website, and I am afraid we have Curly's grandson from the 3 stooges here. I hope someone will get his attention and get him a haircut and a nice suit.

All I saw on his website were email addresses and phone numbers for him and his out of state campaign manager.

I just checked out his website - he reminds me of Forman from That 70's Show. I may be going with plan B, the "eenie, meanie, miney, moe" decision-making process. :pardon:

All I saw on his website were email addresses and phone numbers for him and his out of state campaign manager.

It's on his Twitter site: http://twitter.com/AveryforGeorgia

I just checked out his website - he reminds me of Forman from That 70's Show. I may be going with plan B, the "eenie, meanie, miney, moe" decision-making process. pardon.gif

I found his Facebook page. Is that really him with the fuzzy hair? blink.gif

If he is so interested in education, why didn't he begin his political career with the school board?

Any attorney that can deal with the DA's office in Douglas County is a darned good attorney. There are several very well known and very high priced criminal defense attorneys here in Marietta that will not even take a case in Douglas County. They are the DEVIL to deal with. A fee for a Douglas County case is usually at least triple the fee of a Cobb or Paulding, just because of what you have to deal with and you know it is going to be a major headache from start to finish.

I happen to personally know a couple of people in the DAs office in Douglas County. The cases I speak about were here in Paulding County. :)

I just checked out his website - he reminds me of Forman from That 70's Show. I may be going with plan B, the "eenie, meanie, miney, moe" decision-making process. :pardon:

Avery looks like some washed out liberal teacher from California.

I found his Facebook page. Is that really him with the fuzzy hair? blink.gif

If he is so interested in education, why didn't he begin his political career with the school board?

Avery looks like some washed out liberal teacher from California...still laughing when I saw his picture. :rofl:

He has no chance of winning and since they usually meet in a house somewhere, I don't see him getting very far.

• Like 1

Okay, how does it change the choices we have? Unless our "Average Joe" decides to throw his/her name in the hat we will have ONE of these people. I will not fail to vote. That won't happen.

Too bad it wasn't me, the Average Joe to do that. Just not the right time for me yet but then the pay; I would not survive on. But who knows. :D

I was asked by two in the party and one person at work to run for something but as I said, now is not the time.

Edited by PraiseThee

Copied from the link:

Since returning to Paulding County, Chad has been involved with serving as a contract public defender for Haralson County for two years and serving as a contract attorney for the Juvenile Court of Paulding County for 1 year. Since October of 2002, he has served as a Magistrate Judge for Paulding County, and has also served as a part time judge for the City of Hiram since 2007. Additionally, Chad has served as a Special Master on several occasions and is a registered general civil mediator and arbitrator.

This does not constitute being a criminal defense attorney. Yes--he dabbled with a few cases and was a public defender. Public defender is easy money--that's why a lot of folks get into it. Little work = easy money. Magistrate Judge--very few criminal cases and City of Hiram--mostly traffic court. Juvenile Court is mostly family law with a few juvenile delinquents thrown in.

Still doesn't make him a criminal defense attorney. As I said earlier---riding the coat tails of Judge Foster and Fudger.

I find the statement that "Public Defender is easy money", very offensive! I know some of those attorneys and you should think twice or maybe three times before you say things like that about them!!

• Like 1

......anything..........please..............

With a choice between Stout, Braddock or a 29 year old student. I'd have to say Braddock.

That race is shaping up like the Obama/McCain of '08.

Copied from the link:

I very much disagree with this statement. In my 30 years of working in the legal field with some very large Atlanta firms as well as smaller local firms, I have had the pleasure of working with some excellent attorneys who, at one point or another in their career, worked as a public defender. Most of these attorneys have enjoyed very, very successful, thriving careers!

• Like 1

I very much disagree with this statement. In my 30 years of working in the legal field with some very large Atlanta firms as well as smaller local firms, I have had the pleasure of working with some excellent attorneys who, at one point or another in their career, worked as a public defender. Most of these attorneys have enjoyed very, very successful, thriving careers!

Thank you! I agree. clapping.gif

Too bad it wasn't me, the Average Joe to do that. Just not the right time for me yet but then the pay; I would not survive on. But who knows. :D

I was asked by two in the party and one person at work to run for something but as I said, now is not the time.

That's OK. If you had I would just have had to change my wording to be 4 I could not vote for.clapping.gifdrinks.gif

Yes, most all attorneys do some sort of Public Defender work, but it is no way their sole business or income. If it is--there is a problem and a reason why they can only do Public Defender work.

It all depends on the attorney as to how they handle an appointed case. I have seen some that will work on those cases even harder than the case that pays 20K, but then I have also seen some that do little more than show up to Court--period.

Many years ago, I had a friend that always seemed to get the crap child abuse, mothers pimping daughters in a traler park, child murder, etc. type cases. I asked him how he could stand to defend someone like that--especially when all the evidence pretty much proves they are guilty--his answer was that all he was legally responsible to do was see that they recieved a fair trial.

Some attorneys tend to migrate where the money is being made at the time. Example--now that Bankruptcy is booming--attorneys are coming out of the woodwork trying to practice BK. Since the laws have changed so drastically in the last 5 yrs---it is sometimes very hard to do this. I have even seen cases where the attorney takes the fees, files the case, hits a snag and then they are no where to be seen. Client can't find them and then they are scrambling to find another attorney to clean up the mess.

Yes, most all attorneys do some sort of Public Defender work, but it is no way their sole business or income. If it is--there is a problem and a reason why they can only do Public Defender work.

It all depends on the attorney as to how they handle an appointed case. I have seen some that will work on those cases even harder than the case that pays 20K, but then I have also seen some that do little more than show up to Court--period.

Many years ago, I had a friend that always seemed to get the crap child abuse, mothers pimping daughters in a traler park, child murder, etc. type cases. I asked him how he could stand to defend someone like that--especially when all the evidence pretty much proves they are guilty--his answer was that all he was legally responsible to do was see that they recieved a fair trial.

Some attorneys tend to migrate where the money is being made at the time. Example--now that Bankruptcy is booming--attorneys are coming out of the woodwork trying to practice BK. Since the laws have changed so drastically in the last 5 yrs---it is sometimes very hard to do this. I have even seen cases where the attorney takes the fees, files the case, hits a snag and then they are no where to be seen. Client can't find them and then they are scrambling to find another attorney to clean up the mess.

And those that used to live off real estate closings are doing whatever they can. The worm turns ?

And those that used to live off real estate closings are doing whatever they can. The worm turns ?

Actually I am very proud of what the real estate attorneys that I know have been doing to improvise in this down market. Many of them are now practicing in other areas of law in addition to real estate and doing quite well. I have heard many of them say that the down market has forced them into practicing in other areas of law and is giving them a broad base of experience and is working out very well for them economically.

I for one am very thankful that I had other experience other than real estate and that experience is helping me tremendously right now and I am enjoying working in not only real estate law but other types of law also - makes it a lot more exciting!

I guess life is what you make it - "the worm turns" you know. :lol:

Of course they do. Just like when (for an example) the economy is great and bankruptcies are slow, bankruptcy attorneys will sometimes migrate to other ares of law and might leave "messes" to clean up.

I personally admire anyone in any profession that strives to broaden their horizons and learn new things. A broad base of experience is very useful when times are tough.

Actually I am very proud of what the real estate attorneys that I know have been doing to improvise in this down market. Many of them are now practicing in other areas of law in addition to real estate and doing quite well. I have heard many of them say that the down market has forced them into practicing in other areas of law and is giving them a broad base of experience and is working out very well for them economically.

I for one am very thankful that I had other experience other than real estate and that experience is helping me tremendously right now and I am enjoying working in not only real estate law but other types of law also - makes it a lot more exciting!

I guess life is what you make it - "the worm turns" you know. laugh.gif

I hope this race does not get ugly for no reason. If there are valid facts concerning the abilities and the integrity of the guys in this race I want to know them. I don't want to see opponents torn apart by their supporters just because they want their guy to win. That kind of thing is what makes candidates avoid running for office.

I hope this race does not get ugly for no reason. If there are valid facts concerning the abilities and the integrity of the guys in this race I want to know them. I don't want to see opponents torn apart by their supporters just because they want their guy to win. That kind of thing is what makes candidates avoid running for office.

I very much agree NJ. I hope it doesn't turn ugly either - I really like all 3 of the guys running and I do not want to see it turn ugly. We as voters have some very tough decisions to make in our local races and I think we should all do our research on the candidates as these positions are very important and impact us greatly (individually and as a community).

I do think there have been some very unfair statements made about Chad Plumley here such as "he is riding on his father-in-law's coattails". You know maybe he is just concerned about the well being of our county and its citizens and would like to have the opportunity to serve our community in this capacity.