3 replies to this topic

#1 tranquil kangaroo

tranquil kangaroo

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

I do not have a special needs child, but reading House Rules, by Jodi Picoult gave me a level of understanding beyond what I thought I new. Even as a former teacher. The character in this book was written with the help of a young lady with high functioning Aspergers. I realize many parents have it worse, but you may be able to relate to this book and feel some catharsis, or share it with friends and family (Mother's Day?) for those who just don't understand.

The story is intense, but I've been more intrigued by the family dynamics.

Prayers and blessings to you all who raise those who are a special blessing among us with special needs.

God bless.

#2 rockytopsmom

rockytopsmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

I can't wait for this one to come out in paperback! I love all of her books!

#3 lumak

lumak

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

I do not have a special needs child, but reading House Rules, by Jodi Picoult gave me a level of understanding beyond what I thought I new. Even as a former teacher. The character in this book was written with the help of a young lady with high functioning Aspergers. I realize many parents have it worse, but you may be able to relate to this book and feel some catharsis, or share it with friends and family (Mother's Day?) for those who just don't understand.

The story is intense, but I've been more intrigued by the family dynamics.

Prayers and blessings to you all who raise those who are a special blessing among us with special needs.

God bless.

I have never heard of that -- thank you for suggesting it -- I will look for it (hits waaaay close to home) :)

#4 tranquil kangaroo

tranquil kangaroo

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

I can't wait for this one to come out in paperback! I love all of her books!

Email me at one_incognito@hotmail.com and I'll mail it to you tomorrow. Unless you live close. (I'm not a nutcase, freaky, stalker type- just haven't been on pcom in a while. But I'll be glad to send you my copy free. It is good and I'd love to hear from someone who has a special needs child - see if it is accurate.

First to email gets the book. Only way I know to be fair. : )

*This contest is not authorized by Pubbly or pcom or it's sponsors, members, affiliates, in-laws, or outlaws.

Edited by tranquil kangaroo, 26 April 2010 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics