Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

Miss Paulding Sweetheart Pageant
Sponsored by Paulding County High School Marching Band
Saturday, May 15, 2010
PCHS Performing Arts Center (Pageant is open to all age appropriate female residents of Paulding County)

Session 1 10:00 AM
Age 0-11 Months Baby Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Age 1-2 Years Toddler Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Age 3-4 Years Petite Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Age 5–Kindergarten Tiny Miss Paulding Sweetheart

Session 2 2:00 pm
Grades 1-3 Little Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Grades 4-5 Elementary Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Grades 6-8 Junior Miss Paulding Sweetheart
Grades 9-12 Miss Paulding Sweetheart

Rehearsal will be on Monday May 10, 2010 beginning at 7:00pm.
Rehearsal is not required for participation in the pageant.
We will have a short question and answer session then each contestant will have one practice walking the stage.

Entry Fee - $40 – fee and entry form is due no later than Friday May 7, 2010. Forms may be turned in to a PCHS band member or mailed to Paulding County High School Band, PO Box 1302, Dallas, GA 30132. All checks are to be made payable to PCHS Band Boosters. ***DUE TO SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION - DO NOT TAKE FORM TO THE HIGH SCHOOL***

Photogenic fee - $10 per picture – turn in your picture(s) at the appropriate table after contestant check in. The judges will choose a most photogenic winner in each category.

Audience Favorite - $1 per vote- Audience members may vote as many times as they wish. There will be a winner in each category.

Admission - $3. Children five and under, and each contestant will be admitted free of charge. Doors will open at 9:00 am. Please have the contestant arrive dressed and ready for the pageant. Contestants will be judged on beauty, poise, personality and dress. There is no interview, talent competition or sportswear competition. We will be selling concessions at the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please email pchsbandinfo@yahoo.com.

Miss Paulding Sweetheart Entry Form

Turn in this form and your $40 entry fee no later than Friday May 7, 2010. Please print neatly, the MC will read from this sheet.

Contestant’s Name:_________________________________________

Parent’s Name:_____________________________________________

Category entering:_________________________Grade:______Age:______

Current School: (09-10 year):_____________________________________

School Activities:_______________________________________________

Hobbies and interests:____________________________________________

Favorite Color:_________________Favorite Foods:____________________

Favorite TV Programs:____________________________________________

Favorite Music Group:____________________________________________

Church Affiliation:_________________________________________________

Life’s Ambitition:___________________________________________________
God is Good - All the Time

#2 spunky

spunky

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

good job moe, you are such a hard worker!

#3 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

Let's hope for lots of contestants this year! It is really a fun event! Especially all the hard working band students, I couldn't pull it off without them! This year we will be having some dancer from local dance schools as entertainment during the talleying of the scores! Should be great!

#4 Malia110

Malia110

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Do these girls need to get dressed up like "Little Miss Perfect" or a little more subdued? what are the categories. This will be our first pagaent, so I am not sure what to do. She is six.

Malia
The Malia/Paula Project
Princessunaware.typepad.com
Twitter@MaliaandPaula

#5 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Do these girls need to get dressed up like "Little Miss Perfect" or a little more subdued? what are the categories. This will be our first pagaent, so I am not sure what to do. She is six.

Malia

If you have a facebook, we are on there and you can see some pics from prior year. Just do a search for Miss Paulding Sweetheart. What grade is she in? If she is in 1st grade - she will fall under the Little Miss Paulding Sweetheart category. It is based on school grade if they are in school. Girls in that category can wear anything from a pretty party dress to a long dress for that age. If they were a short dress, I would suggest either some patent leather shoes (to match the dress, either white or black) with ruffled socks or pretty dress sandals (as long as the heel is not to high). The dress needs to be age appropriate. No heavy makeup or fake eyelashes, or hair pieces! Everything needs to be age appropriate. Maybe some light gloss for the lips or chapstick to keep them from being dry.

Hopefully this helps!! I am so glad she is doing the pageant! I look forward to meeting you!

#6 Malia110

Malia110

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

She is in Kindergarten. Okay, thank you for that information, I appreciate it.

Malia
The Malia/Paula Project
Twitter@MaliaandPaula

#7 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

I'm seriously considering entering my 3 year old....what do the toddlers do?Just walk across the stage,or do they go through the questions and answer part as well?

Posted Image

#8 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

There is no question and answer part of our competition. The competition is mainly looking at beauty, dress, poise, and personality. We would love for your 3 year old to enter! When their contestant number and name is called, they enter the stage, walk uner our lighted arbor then walk to the the front of the stage then to the right and to the left of the stage, then exit. We are using some familiar disney music to help them enjoy the walk! If they can't do it by themselves, we will have former winners to walk with them!

Don't forget Miss Photogenic - enter their picture or pictures ($10 each picture) to have them entered in the most Photogenic for their category!

#9 Malia110

Malia110

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Okay, Emma is in Kindergarten, so that would put her in the Tiny Miss Paulding category, right? I am having a hard time finding a dress!!! I went today looking for pageant dresses and they brought out these ballroom sparklies in pink and blue! One even had zebra stripes!!! These that these girls are wearing look more like flower girl/party dresses, like you said. Where in the world can I find one?

Malia
The Malia/Paula Project
Twitter@MaliaandPaula

#10 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

you can try this website for some reasonably priced dresses, or try david's bridal for flower girl dresses.You might also try burlington coat factory.

http://www.sophiasst...es/pageant.html

Edited by moejoefoe, 30 April 2010 - 08:22 AM.

#11 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

We need more entries for the pageant!!! Please come out and support the PCHS Band! This is a really fun event. This is pageant is fun for all the girls. Not to expensive and gives them a chance to try a pageant without breaking the bank and for a good cause!

#12 leeavery

leeavery

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

We need more entries for the pageant!!! Please come out and support the PCHS Band! This is a really fun event. This is pageant is fun for all the girls. Not to expensive and gives them a chance to try a pageant without breaking the bank and for a good cause!

Yall always do this during Baseball season and my child time is alway the same as her brothers game. Man........

#13 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

i know, i wanted to do it earlier this year, but was unable to get it scheduled. Sorry!

#14 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

I got the entry form sent out :yahoo:

Where is the pageant going to be held?Forgive me if you posted that somewhere!Oh,and what size photo is needed for most photogenic?

Edited by MrsApple, 04 May 2010 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

#15 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

It is held at Paulding County High School Performing arts Center. Rehearsal is on Monday May 10th at 7:00 pm. Any size photograph is okay. Black and Whites are fine also.

#16 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

It is held at Paulding County High School Performing arts Center. Rehearsal is on Monday May 10th at 7:00 pm. Any size photograph is okay. Black and Whites are fine also.

Thank you!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics