8 replies to this topic

#1 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

I know someone who is considering going to Georgia Northwestern Technical College of Rome, at their Rockmart Campus.

As this college isn't part of the State University System, but is part of the Technical College System of Georgia and I've never heard of either the college or the system, I was wondering if anyone is going or went there or has an opinion about this college?

Edited by AustinPlantation, 04 April 2010 - 10:35 AM.

Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#2 tatertot

tatertot

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

I have never heard of that particular school. I attend Chattahoochee Tech and they are part of the Technical School System of Georgia. I think that because so many of their classes do not transfer to regular 2 year and 4 year colleges, they are not part of the University System of Georgia. Don't get me wrong, some of the classes do transfer though like Algebra, English, Psychology, Economics, etc...

#3 spunky

spunky

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

My husband went several years ago but it was called Coosa then. Went good for him.He went for the heating & air classes.

#4 RaceGirl

RaceGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

I am entering my fourth quarter there now. I LOVE it! I did take classes at Chattahoochee tech before, but I had some serious complaints about their "customer service" when I attempted to enroll there again. I went to GNTC to ask questions one day and left there knowing that I would never take another class at Chatt. Tech.
The staff at GNTC is VERY friendly and informative. So far all of my classes have been at the Rockmart Campus, but I have been to the Rome campus for an orientation and it is beautiful. I would definitely suggest this school to anyone!
  • katied likes this
My Nephew,The Marine,fights for your right to read this! SEMPER FI

Where's My Mule, Where's My Forty Acres? ~ Warren Haynes, Govt. Mule

Jesus Loves You.... everyone else thinks you're a sphincter! ! ~ Random Bumper Sticker

#5 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I know someone who is considering going to Georgia Northwestern Technical College of Rome, at their Rockmart Campus.

As this college isn't part of the State University System, but is part of the Technical College System of Georgia and I've never heard of either the college or the system, I was wondering if anyone is going or went there or has an opinion about this college?

It used to be called coosa valley tech before all the school merging was going on across the state a few years ago. If you enroll, be aware that depending on your program/degree, not all the classes will be available at that campus and you may have to go to rome, etc to get all your class requirements. For example, when you get close to the end of your program, you may find that a certain class is only offered there once a year -- so would you wait 6-9 months for it to come around again or drive to rome for a semester to be able to take that class? The same problem is at chattahoochee tech with some programs at the paulding campus, some of your classes will have to be taken at the marietta or acworth campuses.

The higher education system in georgia is divided in 2 parts. One is the "board of regents" or university system. The other is currently called the "technical college system of georgia" and used to be called the georgia "dept of technical and adult education (DTAE). It used to be the 4-year schools versus the 2-year schools, but the line is blurring due to the "technical colleges" trying to begin offering 4-year degrees now.

Private colleges in georgia are not controlled by either of those state agencies.

#6 katied

katied

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I went there last year,, and I have no complaints what so ever!! All the staff was great,, as well as just th school in general..
[img]http://http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264171_226074014083485_100000426632529_815620_4875583_n.jpg[/img]

#7 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Boy, the original post was over two years aqo --- where did you find it?

The fellow I was asking for is completing his degree and found it to be an excelent school.
Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#8 HopeHamilton

HopeHamilton

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

I loved it there.
Hope Hamilton

#9 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Boy, the original post was over two years aqo --- where did you find it?

The fellow I was asking for is completing his degree and found it to be an excelent school.

just thought some things -- like school info, need to be updated with accurate information every once in a while. Alot of people come in through search engines and are not members of paulding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics