155 replies to this topic

#121 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

But spending $1 Million to try to prevent a citizen from getting a lawsuit to the inside of a courtroom is OK?

And spending $65Million on a NO BID new courthouse/administrative complex, AND accepting thousands back from the builder to your campaign fund is OK as well ?
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#122 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

I don't think lining the pockets is right in any respect on a politician's behalf, period.

It's a game, some get caught, others don't. Corruption, however small or large it may be, is still corruption. There is no telling how much bigger the underlying issue with the Mayor of Hiram may really be. I think we've only scratched the surface.

Just tryin' to stay warm.

#123 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

I think it's pretty obvious this is Johnny saying all this, Meow?!:

And you would be incorrect in assuming that.

#124 Bones

Bones

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

This story is like cheating spouses. In every marriage it happens. One or the other does it. Some get caught and some don't. If Shirley did what he knew was wrong then he is guilty to. I hope he was smart enough to talk to a Attorney before going on TV and saying what he did. Now days you can be sued for anything. All of this is far from over.

Wow, you sound bitter.
If you see my bike on a trailer, cal 911

#125 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,170 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

You really don't see a problem with baiting people to come into your business with free candy? It's chumming. I'm not sure if it is unethical, but it is a bit hinky.

Actually, I would see a problem if they had placed the barrel of candy donated by the city in the middle of the pawn shop sales floor and invited folks in to get some free. I have not heard anyone suggest that was the case.

As far as having the candy there to entice folks to downtown Hiram or to the city park for a celebration ... I don't see a problem as such promotional/booster type of activities are good for many things including building a sense of community.

And, on that score, I see the efforts in Hiram over the past several years of Mayor Rollin's tenure as quite positive from the efforts with the meth alliance to the donation of space for the Boys and Girls Club.

Regarding the purchase of PD equipment from the Mayor's pawn shop, those acts I would wager she regrets.

There is a process for filing of ethics complaints and their investigation. Those processes include the presentation of a defense and a set of penalties if the activities are, after a due-process review, found to be unethical.

I think Fox 5 did a good job of presenting one side of the story although, knowing the importance of emphasizing the narrative of story, I doubt they were totally fair in their coverage.

As I grapple with this, for some reason, my mind drifts to Mark Anthony' speech in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" Act 3, Scene 2

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest--
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men--
Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.

Perfection eludes us all and no doubt, the documented act of the city of Hiram purchasing from Main Street Pawn is a grievous fault. But I know most folks respected the Mayor before this and while this imperfection is regrettable, I don't think anyone really wants to push a shiv into her heart.

There will be consequences but given what I've seen Mayor Rollins do in and for the city of Hiram, I don't think this is unforgivable. I expect there may be some penance to pay, possibly a fine if the State ethics board deems so.

The office of mayor, though, does belong to the people and they do have a right to expect those they elect to serve in that office do so in the highest ethical manner. Elections do count and the vote of the citizens of Hiram at that time will determine how effective she has been. But between now and then, I fully expect Mayor Rollins to work to regain the trust of the people of Hiram before that dates comes around. I do know that folks will be looking at her and how she handles this issue going forward.

pubby

pubby

#126 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

I have to ask.ARE YOU KIN FOLK. ONLY KIN WOULD DEFEND PEOPLE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS.they are spending our money that we struggle every year to pay. Our kids do not even have school books.

That's more of an issue about teaching by GA standards and not a budget issue. The books don't follow the standards.

#127 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Actually, I would see a problem if they had placed the barrel of candy donated by the city in the middle of the pawn shop sales floor and invited folks in to get some free. I have not heard anyone suggest that was the case.

pubby

I think I missed the "Nor," part of your post, but it was your idea. lol.

I don't have a problem with the city buying candy for the kids.

I think as the county grows it is moving away from being run by a handful of longtime residents. When it was just the old families, their relatives, and fellow church members it wasn't such a big deal. Now that Paulding is diverse, we will see more of these "scandals". The old ways don't work when you have more people to represent (who aren't second cousins to anyone).

Go away imposter. Just go away.

#128 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,716 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

good lawd
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#129 gone fishing!

gone fishing!

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

It is my understanding ...from a reliable resource that "the other Officer" was covering for EX-CHIEF little flings. That's why he was asked to leave.

#130 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,716 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

good lawd
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#131 gone fishing!

gone fishing!

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

The Mayor has had the best interest of Hiram since she took office. All you NEW people of the wonderful county of Paulding...should of been here when the "Pendley's ran Hiram." Now that was corruption. Hiram, P.D. didn't have any police WORTH HAVING and was taking in all the renue of WAL-MART. "MR. SHIRLEY" IS FABRICATING THE STORY TO TRY TO PUSH THE BELAME ON SOME ELSE BUT HIMSELF. OF COURSE "MR. TRAVIS" takes a HALF truth as the Gospel. Why is this now just coming to light....a month after "MR. SHIRLEY" was asked to leave. What does he hope to gain from this...did you really look at the difference in price...not much!

#132 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

:blink:

I smell a second cousin!

#133 UnionMom

UnionMom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

:blink:

I smell a second cousin!

:lol:

#134 Merkle

Merkle

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

Then I guess you are wanting to defend the Mayor and her doings??? Or maybe you are the Mayor--or her family???

My apologies....I didn't realize PCom membership had a stipulation that the only time you are allowed to post on here is when you agree with the majority. And if I am here to defend the Mayor, get over it.I don't have to be family. I can simply be someone who appreciates what she has done during her tenure for the city. The fact is people make decisions all the time that may or may not be "right" in everybody's good conduct book. But of course all the good things get tossed in the lake so the gossip can float to the top, because after all, isn't that WAY more fun! :glare:
I have to answer to the Big Man upstairs for my actions and I'm pretty sure His son was the last one to walk this earth without fault.
And BTW...last time I checked you say whatever you darn well please when ya want to so give the rest of us the same courtesy.

#135 gone fishing!

gone fishing!

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

No, relationship at all ... I smell a skunk and its former Chief Shirley. I can't stand when someone wants to clean up someone else front porch when their porch is NASTY! FACT is FACT let Randy Travis air the whole truth, because the "Truth will set you free!"

#136 Merkle

Merkle

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

good lawd

You;ve said that three times :rofl:

We've been punished and sent to our rooms :p

And you would be incorrect in assuming that.

REALLY?!?!?!? :nea:

#137 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,716 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

I know LOL but I can not think of anything else to say about this thread except I do remember the Pendley days LOL

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#138 T-N-T

T-N-T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

[quote name='Merkle' date='25 March 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1269561011' post='3117482']

I'm with you Merkle. I think Patroit is Mr. Shirley. Just look up his post. "Class of 1984 and Sheriff's Race" it gives him away

Edited by T-N-T, 25 March 2010 - 07:38 PM.

• peashooter likes this

#139 peashooter

peashooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

The real slime was the former Lt. Hendricks that also resigned. He destroyed that place, and no one talks about that. You think this stuff is juicy. Oh, and just google fcop129 and you'll see what officer it is that still works there, and is with the former chief. Here, I'll save you the effort:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fcop129

#140 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

The real slime was the former Lt. Hendricks that also resigned. He destroyed that place, and no one talks about that. You think this stuff is juicy. Oh, and just google fcop129 and you'll see what officer it is that still works there, and is with the former chief. Here, I'll save you the effort:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fcop129

Edited by Patriot, 25 March 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#141 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

=@

#142 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

:o GOOD LAWD =@

#143 Hee Haw

Hee Haw

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

So now you know, it should not have been a big secret according to HER all of Paulding County new. I am not embarrassed or ashamed. I will not indulge on the speculation, Chief Shirley and I have been seeing one another. Nobody knows what he went through in his marriage, and I am a single woman. City of Hiram had no policy on this and as far as Morals I am prepared to deal with that with the Lord not the leadership of Paulding, Paulding.com or anybody else. This was a personal decision we made and had no impact on work. If you think this will stop what is in the works it will not.
I will not reveal names or make excuses, however there are other employees "still" working at Hiram that had a child with a woman who was still married. There was an internal investigation into an employee who still works there who is still married, dating another employee of Hiram (he no longer works there) SHE also knew about this and did nothing. So why she wants to make an example out of me, I do not know why? The City of Hiram paid for an officers wife to have a child by another man while the officer while still being married was living with another woman.
Unfortunately this type of thing happens in law enforcement communities, take a look at the statistics. Again I am not making excuses. But do not hold me to a higher standard than your other employees. To be quite honest I do not care what anybody other than my children, my parents, and the Lord think so don't waste your time trying to offend me it will not work.

You can go to the City of Hiram and pull the statistics as to what type of employee I am. That is what I get paid to do while I am at Hiram. So what I do when I am off the clock is none of your business.

You wanted it you got it.

Wow! So who got the guns from the pawn shop?

I hope all of the above statements that you say isn't true. For one thing, true or not, these statements are bound to cause a lot of problems for people who may or may not have done anything wrong. But even worse, if they are true, the reading public's opinion of the law enforcement officers in Hiram is likely to get shaky. For that matter, maybe our view of "law enforcement communities" in general. It's one thing to lob a grenade across the trench, another to fall on one, but really another thing to pull the pin while standing in the middle of your own. After reading the "only $15 an hour" line one thinks "why so little?", but after reading your statement I feel like asking "why so much?". Maybe you gave us a little too much......

#144 peashooter

peashooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

Maybe you gave us a little too much......

Or maybe, Patriot / Fcop129 is just one bad apple, and we as a community need to look at all the good that members of our law enforcement community do for us every day. This whole thing just stinks and hopefully the thread will get closed soon. I'm pretty certain our Paulding Finest don't want to have anything to do with that person.

#145 bubble

bubble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

The law enforcement officers in Hiram do their jobs well. I have always been proud to work for the City of Hiram and with the officers. The only point being made is that when people go home for the day, they are free to do what they want. ALL of them. One persons wrong does not justify another.
Every person has two sides a professional one, which the City of Hiram Police Officers do well. The other side is personal and it should not matter at the workplace, however if you want to bring out the dirt of one bring it all out.
This is their way of trying to overshadow their wrongs with something that was addressed almost four months ago.
I will not be posting any more on here I have better things to do and bigger fish to fry.

#146 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

It is my understanding ...from a reliable resource that "the other Officer" was covering for EX-CHIEF little flings. That's why he was asked to leave.

You are VERY misinformed!

#147 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

[quote name='T-N-T' date='25 March 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1269563583' post='3117520']
[quote name='Merkle' date='25 March 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1269561011' post='3117482']

I'm with you Merkle. I think Patroit is Mr. Shirley. Just look up his post. "Class of 1984 and Sheriff's Race" it gives him away
[/quote]

Well, now, to be fair, you may want to check this out: http://paulding.com/...__fromsearch__1

I think Merkle has a dog in this fight, too. He seems to be buds wif the mayor. Just sayin'.

#148 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

I think all the concerned parties and their cronies SUCK for getting on here and pretending you are Joe Q. Public. My gawd, this is who is minding the store? WTH?

Hilarious you all got busted out. Shameful. You are as bad as us gossiping hens.

#149 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Told you! Some get caught and some don't.

#150 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

I think all the concerned parties and their cronies SUCK for getting on here and pretending you are Joe Q. Public. My gawd, this is who is minding the store? WTH?

Hilarious you all got busted out. Shameful. You are as bad as us gossiping hens.

I'm waiting to see how deep that hole gets before they stop digging.Posted Image

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#151 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

If I were a divorce attorney, I would be seeing dollar signs in this thread. Why, WHY, would anyone in law enforcement, or has worked in law enforcement in the past, be stupid enough to admit an affair on a public board?

I am completely amazed.

I also just realized I live a boring life.

I'm waiting to see how deep that hole gets before they stop digging.Posted Image

Definitely time for them to step away from the computer and have a beer. You don't have to fight your own battles in Paulding county, there is pcom for that. We had both sides covered. lol.

#152 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

WOW just WOW....what a garbage can Hiram is.
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#153 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

If I were a divorce attorney, I would be seeing dollar signs in this thread. Why, WHY, would anyone in law enforcement, or has worked in law enforcement in the past, be stupid enough to admit an affair on a public board?

I am completely amazed.

I also just realized I live a boring life.

Definitely time for them to step away from the computer and have a beer. You don't have to fight your own battles in Paulding county, there is pcom for that. We had both sides covered. lol.

Only on P.com!!! Posted Image Yep, I was just thinking I lead a boring life too. Posted Image Thank goodness!Posted Image

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#154 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Only on P.com!!! Posted Image Yep, I was just thinking I lead a boring life too. Posted Image Thank goodness!Posted Image

Me three. I was just thinking the same thing... b/c I really need to go to bed.
This is a train wreck... can't not look.

#155 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Man, I love you. :drinks:

#156 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,170 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

I've been away from the computer ... or at least this topic.

I do think it has run its course.

topic closed.

pubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics