155 replies to this topic

#81 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

I don't know any of the parties, but it does seem like a serious conflict of interest.

Patriot sells glocks. Does C3 armory? I don't think south side does...

I thought C3 closed, and I've always found Patriot very fair and reasonable.

Fact is, since being on the other side of these reports, I tend to not believe everything they show on their segments.

I remember that, and color me stupid for finally putting 2+2 together :blush:

#82 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

This story is like cheating spouses. In every marriage it happens. One or the other does it. Some get caught and some don't. If Shirley did what he knew was wrong then he is guilty to. I hope he was smart enough to talk to a Attorney before going on TV and saying what he did. Now days you can be sued for anything. All of this is far from over.

#83 UnionMom

UnionMom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

This story is like cheating spouses. In every marriage it happens. One or the other does it.

:wacko:

#84 Adam&Jessica

Adam&Jessica

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

I thought C3 closed

I thought so too, but someone told me the other day that it was back open. I didn't ever check on it though...

#85 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

I'm not defending the Mayor, I don't even know her, but this happens everywhere. Some get caught and some don't. I think if Johnny Shirley is going to put the dirt out there about the Mayor then he needs to let the people know why he resigned. Don't air someone's dirty laundry and expect yours not to be.

Why are you assuming that Johnny Shirley "put the dirt out there"?
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#86 Blazing Saddles

Blazing Saddles

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

This story is like cheating spouses. In every marriage it happens. One or the other does it. Some get caught and some don't. If Shirley did what he knew was wrong then he is guilty to. I hope he was smart enough to talk to a Attorney before going on TV and saying what he did. Now days you can be sued for anything. All of this is far from over.

You just lost all credibility. :nea:
There is no such thing as freedom of speech anymore.

#87 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

Where would one go to report such an abuse of the system? Just out of curiosity...

Attorney Generals Office, District Attorneys Office, there are so many places, I believe it is already in the works.

He does not have a job does he?

#88 fitfabandfree

fitfabandfree

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

I don't know any of the parties, but it does seem like a serious conflict of interest.

I remember that, and color me stupid for finally putting 2+2 together :blush:

LOL Your mailbox is full

#89 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

CHAPTER 10. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
ARTICLE 1. ABUSE OF GOVERNMENTAL OFFICE

O.C.G.A. § 16-10-6 (2009)

§ 16-10-6. Sale of real or personal property to political subdivision by local officer or employee; exceptions

(a) As used in this Code section, the term "employing local authority" means a local authority or board created by a local Act of the General Assembly or a local constitutional amendment or created by general law and requiring activation by an ordinance or resolution of a local governing authority.

(B) Any employee, appointed officer, or elected officer of a political subdivision, hereafter referred to as "employing political subdivision," or agency thereof or any employee or appointed officer of an employing local authority who for himself or herself or in behalf of any business entity sells any real or personal property to:

(1) The employing political subdivision or employing local authority;

(2) An agency of the employing political subdivision;

(3) A political subdivision for which local taxes for education are levied by the employing political subdivision; or

(4) A political subdivision which levies local taxes for education for the employing political subdivision shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years.

© Subsection (B) of this Code section shall not apply to:

(1) Sales of personal property of less than $200.00 per calendar quarter;

(2) Sales of personal property made pursuant to sealed competitive bids made by the employee, appointed officer, or elected officer, either for himself or herself or on behalf of any business entity; or

(3) Sales of real property in which a disclosure has been made:

(A) To the judge of the probate court of the county in which the purchasing political subdivision or local authority is wholly included or, if not wholly included in any one county, to the judge of the probate court of any county in which the purchasing political subdivision or local authority is partially included and which shall have been designated by the purchasing political subdivision or local authority to receive such disclosures, provided that if the sale is made by the judge of the probate court, a copy of such disclosure shall also be filed with any superior court judge of the superior court of the county;

(B) At least 15 days prior to the date the contract or agreement for such sale will become final and binding on the parties thereto;

© Which shows that an employee, appointed officer, or elected officer of an employing political subdivision or agency thereof or of an employing local authority has a personal interest in such sale, which interest includes, without being limited to, any commission, fee, profit, or similar benefit and which gives the name of such person, his or her position in the political subdivision or agency or local authority, the purchase price, and location of the property.

HISTORY: Code 1933, § 26-2306, enacted by Ga. L. 1968, p. 1249, § 1; Ga. L. 1972, p. 542, § 1; Ga. L. 1975, p. 854, § 1; Ga. L. 1979, p. 536, § 1; Ga. L. 1980, p. 733, § 1; Ga. L. 1982, p. 2107, § 15; Ga. L. 1983, p. 1326, § 2; Ga. L. 1984, p. 22, § 16; Ga. L. 1986, p. 10, § 16; Ga. L. 1994, p. 607, § 9; Ga. L. 1998, p. 593, § 1; Ga. L. 2003, p. 140, § 16.

Jeez, If you're in the know and are going to "fill us in" at least be coherent.

manny= chore person

#90 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

LOL Your mailbox is full

I didn't know. It's not now.

#91 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

I could spin it in the other direction, too.

Maybe the police chief felt cornered by the Mayor. She's higher up the ladder, clearly makes the financial decisions for the city - who's to say she couldn't have some serious hold on him?

I'm fairly certain the Mayor is responsible for getting multiple bids for anything the city purchases; however.

Actually...the mayor of a city is technically the boss of the Police Chief. The Chief is employed at the will of the Mayor, they are not elected like a Sheriff is.

I wonder what "local shop" they talked to that sells Glocks? I'd like to compare prices myself. I didn't know there were any other 'local' as in 'Hiram' gun shops.
Of course, if I was a different local gun shop owner in Hiram and was being asked by a news crew what price I would charge for a gun, of course I would say that I would sell it for the same or less than my competition.

As far as being a conflict or interest, maybe, but definitely noting even close to the stuff that King Jerry has pulled off during his tenure. It pales in comparison.

I don't think the guns in question were Glock's. If they were they would have most defiantly been purchased from Smyrna Police Distributors. SPD is the dealer in this area where agencies/officers can buy small quantities at the LE rate directly from Glock.

Edited by Ugadawgs98, 24 March 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#92 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

Where would one go to report such an abuse of the system? Just out of curiosity...

Good question. As I am totally shocked to find out the people in power in Paulding actually KNOW each other and SCRATCH EACH OTHERS' BACKS (/s), I'm not sure filing a complaint in any other office in Paulding would do any good.

Mabye the GBI (since it involves law enforcement) or the State Attorney General? I'm really not sure.

Have there been any consequences besides a story on the news that maybe made the involved people lay out of church for a Sunday? Does this count as corruption?

Go away imposter. Just go away.

#93 Hee Haw

Hee Haw

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Good question. As I am totally shocked to find out the people in power in Paulding actually KNOW each other and SCRATCH EACH OTHERS' BACKS (/s), I'm not sure filing a complaint in any other office in Paulding would do any good.

Mabye the GBI (since it involves law enforcement) or the State Attorney General? I'm really not sure.

Have there been any consequences besides a story on the news that maybe made the involved people lay out of church for a Sunday? Does this count as corruption?

I don't think the mayor or the ex-police chief did anything illegal, so who (other than Randy) would investigate? They broke their purchasing rules. Was is a bad idea on the Mayor's part to buy from her own business? Yes. Should she have removed her business from consideration simply out of the potential conflict of interest? Yes. Did she do anything illegal given the facts presently presented? No. Sound like something between the citizens of Hiram and their elected officials to work out at the polls.

As to the 'other' city with some landscaping issues- probably the same issue. Doubt it is illegal, but probably not a stellar example of good government.

As to King Jerry, apparently he was inept as a corrupt politician, as I don't think he is (contrary to some reports) living the high life in his mansion in the Keys. In all these cases, you'll probably find that the smoke is made far more of than the actual fire warrants.......

#94 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

I don't think the mayor or the ex-police chief did anything illegal, so who (other than Randy) would investigate? They broke their purchasing rules. Was is a bad idea on the Mayor's part to buy from her own business? Yes. Should she have removed her business from consideration simply out of the potential conflict of interest? Yes. Did she do anything illegal given the facts presently presented? No. Sound like something between the citizens of Hiram and their elected officials to work out at the polls.

As to the 'other' city with some landscaping issues- probably the same issue. Doubt it is illegal, but probably not a stellar example of good government.

Dude, if that isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

I was just wondering if public embarrassment was the only consequence. We could make her wear a big red dollar sign on her chest...

#95 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Dude, if that isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

I was just wondering if public embarrassment was the only consequence. We could make her wear a big red dollar sign on her chest...

I agree 100%. This is one big, huge conflict of interest and she knew exactly what she was doing and she knew it was wrong. She has held office long enough to know the rights and wrongs.

There is a state ethics commission that might check into something like this---just like the Richardson case--just another type of unethical behavior.

If this is investigated and found to be true---any and every employee of the City of Hiram that knew this was going on---should be fired immediately, all the way down to the receptionist/secretary, meter reader, etc. if they knew what they were doing--in my book they are as guilty as she is.

#96 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

I thought Patriot was in Dallas. Do they have a location in Hiram?

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#97 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

As far as the person asking if Shirley has a job...I think he hd another when he resigned. All I can say is that is personal weather he has a job or not...who cares, He resigned!
Sometimes I just want to be left alone.........And sometimes I don't!

Georgia is always on my mind......Dawg Fan, Falcons on Sundays and Hawks on the nights they play and I can't leave out the Braves.......love them all EXCEPT Tech...lol

#98 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

He had enough common sense to get out. I honestly think Johnny is a good guy.

#99 Adam&Jessica

Adam&Jessica

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

I thought Patriot was in Dallas. Do they have a location in Hiram?

No, though I thought they were affiliated with main st pawn in hiram. Either way, local to me means somewhere you can get to quickly, and I'd consider either one local. It only takes 10 mins to get from downtown hiram to Patriot pawn.

#100 DonBrownJr

DonBrownJr

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

Remember, illegal and un-ethical are two different things.

On the surface, there are several violations of the Ethics Ordinance that was passed by the City Council in 2002 as part of our requirements to be designated as a City of Ethics. That same Ordinance requires the conveneing of a Board of Ethics whenever charges are brought against any city official.

I feel that this Board should be convened, look into the issues, and then either state that things were handled as they should be, or proceed with further action if it was found things were not as they should be.

This would clear it up and stop all the speculation and rumors. Let the City get back to what it is supposed to do.

#101 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

It must have taken a lot of courage and soul searching for who ever blew the whistle. This is the type of stuff that has gone on in small cities forever. I have never seen a case this blatant, but it is time for those doing it to stop and take responsibility for the things they do. If you signed the papers without bids, why are you going to blame somebody else, you signed them??? I wonder how the employees who were told that the budget would not make them happy "just be glad you have a job," feel. I do not have much faith in the justice system, hopefully the proper agencies will be made aware of this and take action before any other tax money is pocketed.

#102 Steven Lang

Steven Lang

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

This can be solved very simply.

1) Apology and Resignation.

2) Return of all merchandise bought from that pawn in exchange for full refund.

3) A temporary suspension of the 'City of Ethics' designation.

4) Public referendum as to whether the City of Hiram should even exist.

5) An investigation by the GBI and State Ethics Commission with regard as to whether any charges or fines should be levied on the mayor or other folks involved in this mess.

Number 4 should really apply to all county and city governments in Georgia. We have far too many of them (250+ at this point) and the duplication of services along with unabated spending is going to inflict a very strong drag on Georgia's economy.

If the Tea Baggers and independents want to have an effect on the national level, they need to start at the local level.

#103 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

This can be solved very simply.

1) Apology and Resignation.

2) Return of all merchandise bought from that pawn in exchange for full refund.

3) A temporary suspension of the 'City of Ethics' designation.

4) Public referendum as to whether the City of Hiram should even exist.

5) An investigation by the GBI and State Ethics Commission with regard as to whether any charges or fines should be levied on the mayor or other folks involved in this mess.

Number 4 should really apply to all county and city governments in Georgia. We have far too many of them (250+ at this point) and the duplication of services along with unabated spending is going to inflict a very strong drag on Georgia's economy.

If the Tea Baggers and independents want to have an effect on the national level, they need to start at the local level.

I agree. Maybe the SPLOST spending should also be looked at.

#104 Merkle

Merkle

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

you should talk to the owner of that business and see what trouble he went through with the mayor when he tried to open.

I thought he pulled his request to be a pawn shop because the other renters in the shopping center were opposing it becausee it is in the lease he signed that there can be no pawn shops?

#105 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,339 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

I want to say that I don't believe the poster "Patriot" is associated with the Patriot Pawn shop in Dallas. Patriot Pawn (associated with Paulding Quickbail) is not to my knowledge posting in this topic. I've not contacted the folks at Patriot Pawn Shop or Paulding Quickbail to confirm this as I really am pretty sure they are not. I would encourage the member Patriot to confirm they are not an employee or otherwise associated with that business just to make sure there is no confusion on that point.

pubby

#106 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

I want to say that I don't believe the poster "Patriot" is associated with the Patriot Pawn shop in Dallas. Patriot Pawn (associated with Paulding Quickbail) is not to my knowledge posting in this topic. I've not contacted the folks at Patriot Pawn Shop or Paulding Quickbail to confirm this as I really am pretty sure they are not. I would encourage the member Patriot to confirm they are not an employee or otherwise associated with that business just to make sure there is no confusion on that point.

pubby

I am in no way associated with the business named by pubby.

I thought he pulled his request to be a pawn shop because the other renters in the shopping center were opposing it becausee it is in the lease he signed that there can be no pawn shops?

That's only part of it. His initial problems came because he was going to be "competition"

#107 Merkle

Merkle

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

I am in no way associated with the business named by pubby.

That's only part of it. His initial problems came because he was going to be "competition"

Really? Is that a factual statement or is that your opinion and if it's factual, where did you get your info?

Really? Is that a factual statement or is that your opinion and if it's factual, where did you get your info?

And although you may not be associated with Patriot Pawn or Bail you do have an association to the situation, don't you, after all there seems to be a lot of emotion and assurity in your statements.

#108 Sporty Rider

Sporty Rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

I don't think Johnny is responsible for this, there are several more employees in Hiram who have knowledge of the spending $1,000.00 for parade candy, need I say more.

... and how many thousands or excuse me, 10's of thousands on Christmas decorations and the police officer's are still making less than $14. an hour to strap on a gun and a bullet proof vest just to go to work and protect us every day?!?!?! That is what you all should be ashamed of!!! :ninja:
  • Sporty Rider likes this
Sporty Rider

#109 UnionMom

UnionMom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Why does anybody even give a rat's butt who let the cat out of the bag? If there is unethical behavior in any government, I don't care what ulterior motives may be behind getting the word out, I want the word out.
  • watcher likes this

#110 Sporty Rider

Sporty Rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

I don't think Johnny is responsible for this, there are several more employees in Hiram who have knowledge of the spending $1,000.00 for parade candy, need I say more.

... and thousands, excuse me, 10's of thousands for Christmas decorations and the police officers still make less than $14. per hour when hired in!!! They strap on a gun and a bullet proof vest just to go to work and protect us every day!! Check out how much has been spent on the "Mayor's BABY" aka the Park over the past couple of years! Also I would imagine the "Old Hiram Days" expenses were out of sight. I'm sure it's all in the budget reports that are a matter of public record. :nea: It is all about putting on a good "FACE" with the elected officials and the city! Obviously the "city" doesn't have thier priorities in order!

#111 patriot

patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

... and thousands, excuse me, 10's of thousands for Christmas decorations and the police officers still make less than $14. per hour when hired in!!! They strap on a gun and a bullet proof vest just to go to work and protect us every day!! Check out how much has been spent on the "Mayor's BABY" aka the Park over the past couple of years! Also I would imagine the "Old Hiram Days" expenses were out of sight. I'm sure it's all in the budget reports that are a matter of public record. :nea: It is all about putting on a good "FACE" with the elected officials and the city! Obviously the "city" doesn't have thier priorities in order!

I wonder what happened to the money that was budgeted for last year's Old Hiram Days that never happened?

#112 bubble

bubble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Sporty Rider, love you posts. Last month the starting salary went up to $15.00 an hour. The officers that were already there got 2% raise. I also have knowledge of the $1000.00 in candy being spent. I saw it.
If you only knew that is about all I can say.

Why does anybody even give a rat's butt who let the cat out of the bag? If there is unethical behavior in any government, I don't care what ulterior motives may be behind getting the word out, I want the word out.

Thanks Union Mom I think you have put what so many others think into words....

#113 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,339 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

I'm a little confused about what the issue is with the candy.

I'm assuming it is there for distribution at events like Old Hiram Days or other Hiram community events.

I'm pretty certain, given that the Mayor is not 400 lbs, that the accusation is not that she put it in her office and ate it all, Nor, do I think that they placed a barrel of candy on the Pawn Shop floor and invited the citizens of Hiram to come get some free.

Indeed, I don't see a particular issue with the idea of putting out candy at events but I'm more than willing to be educated. Indeed, as we prepare our news for tomorrows newscast, if any of the more vocal posters here want to make that case on camera, you know how to PM me.

pubby

#114 Merkle

Merkle

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

I'm assuming it is there for distribution at events like Old Hiram Days or other Hiram community events.

I'm pretty certain, given that the Mayor is not 400 lbs, that the accusation is not that she put it in her office and ate it all, Nor, do I think that they placed a barrel of candy on the Pawn Shop floor and invited the citizens of Hiram to come get some free.

Indeed, I don't see a particular issue with the idea of putting out candy at events but I'm more than willing to be educated. Indeed, as we prepare our news for tomorrows newscast, if any of the more vocal posters here want to make that case on camera, you know how to PM me.

pubby

I think that's a GREAT idea... if you feel so strongly and seem to spout statements of assurance as to the law, the monies Hiram has spent, etc., get upon that soapbox and discuss it in person on Pcom. You OBVIOUSLY know what you are talking about with the situation, but then again you would know wouldn't ya ;)
Just make sure you discuss ALL the facts and not just the ones you want everyone to read or hear.
Funny how quiet it got on here when Pubby made his offer...

#115 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

All this bru-ha-ha about a possible conflict with the Mayor's business selling some guns to the city for the basic going price without putting it out for competitive bidding ? We are talking what, $100 or possibly nothing paid extra paid to a Hiram business.

Yet, as Paulding citizens all, there really were not many complaints about King Jerry and company giving a $65Million no-bid award to The Facility Group who in turned donated thousands and thousands to King Jerry's campaign, as well as Richardson ?

And how about the BOC authorizing in closed executive sessions to spend over $1,000,000 to Holland $ Knight, an Atlanta law firm, to litigate us in our Fraudulent Zoning case[s] against the county. And gosh, Holland & Knight also donated thousands and thousands to King Jerry's campaign, Richardson's, and managed 46 other Political Action Committees around the state. That's right folks, we are now at over ONE MILLION spent by the BOC to try to keep us out of the courtroom and you guys are here ready to lynch the Hiram Mayor over selling 3 guns to the city ?!?!?!

I just don't get it.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#116 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

I think that's a GREAT idea... if you feel so strongly and seem to spout statements of assurance as to the law, the monies Hiram has spent, etc., get upon that soapbox and discuss it in person on Pcom. You OBVIOUSLY know what you are talking about with the situation, but then again you would know wouldn't ya ;)
Just make sure you discuss ALL the facts and not just the ones you want everyone to read or hear.
Funny how quiet it got on here when Pubby made his offer...

Then I guess you are wanting to defend the Mayor and her doings??? Or maybe you are the Mayor--or her family???

#117 CeeJay

CeeJay

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Indeed, I don't see a particular issue with the idea of putting out candy at events but I'm more than willing to be educated.

pubby

You really don't see a problem with baiting people to come into your business with free candy? It's chumming. I'm not sure if it is unethical, but it is a bit hinky.

#118 peashooter

peashooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

I think it's pretty obvious this is Johnny saying all this, Meow?!:

He did not resign for that reason, he wastold he would not be re-appointed because of things another officer was doingand he should have known about. The Chief of Police cannot know everything thatanother employee is doing when they are away from work. However "he shouldhave known." According to the staff at Hiram, everybody in Paulding Countyknew. So here is your verification. Everybody deserves a chance to be happy.Everybody wants to sit and judge, go ahead.
This is a situationwhere other city officials knew how the taxpayers money was being spent, anddid nothing. I think that the City of Ethics for Hiram first line is"Serve others, not ourselves." How could you not know that what youare doing is wrong, but want to sit and judge your employees, and fire youremployees for far less?

So that is the"dirty laundry, sour grapes" whatever you want to call it. From whatI understand he is very happy and looks awesome. MEOW

I hear he iscurrently employed as a manny.

Edited by Ernest T Bass, 25 March 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#119 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

All this bru-ha-ha about a possible conflict with the Mayor's business selling some guns to the city for the basic going price without putting it out for competitive bidding ? We are talking what, $100 or possibly nothing paid extra paid to a Hiram business.

Yet, as Paulding citizens all, there really were not many complaints about King Jerry and company giving a $65Million no-bid award to The Facility Group who in turned donated thousands and thousands to King Jerry's campaign, as well as Richardson ?

And how about the BOC authorizing in closed executive sessions to spend over $1,000,000 to Holland $ Knight, an Atlanta law firm, to litigate us in our Fraudulent Zoning case[s] against the county. And gosh, Holland & Knight also donated thousands and thousands to King Jerry's campaign, Richardson's, and managed 46 other Political Action Committees around the state. That's right folks, we are now at over ONE MILLION spent by the BOC to try to keep us out of the courtroom and you guys are here ready to lynch the Hiram Mayor over selling 3 guns to the city ?!?!?!

I just don't get it.

I don't think lining the pockets is right in any respect on a politician's behalf, period.

It's a game, some get caught, others don't. Corruption, however small or large it may be, is still corruption. There is no telling how much bigger the underlying issue with the Mayor of Hiram may really be. I think we've only scratched the surface.
Just tryin' to stay warm.

#120 bubble

bubble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

If the only defense as to what is going on is that an ex-employee had a relationship with another employee, welcome to America. Those persons will face their maker one day. As far as the $1,000.00 in candy, it was for a single event and your right who cares, the economy is in great shape!!! Bottom line, it does not matter who told, or why they told. Maybe just maybe they were just trying to show someone that people in glass houses should not throw stones. This person had an obligation and duty to spend the taxpayers money in a way that would not benefit them or their family. They were given an opportunity to get on Fox 5 and defend themselves. I am not going to get on any local WEBSITE. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours does not work for me. I would prefer to make a presentation at the March 30, 2010 City of Hiram Council Meeting.. See you there. I have a feeling it will be a long meeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics